Sagando Hostel Reviews

Michamvi Kae, Zanzibar, Tanzania

I have officially found my heaven on earth. This place is the cats pajamas. The rooms are awesome little unique beach banda things with awesome bathrooms (you get your own, say whaaat). They are constantly building recycled stuff, like canoe bookshelves. The food is AWESOME i literally made them teach me how to cook their food. And the whole thing is run by an awesome group of rastas who live above the bar commune style running the place. Plus kittens and puppies. I can't wait to go back!

• 23rd Jul 2014

Had a bad stay at Sagando. The rooms itself is good, but everything else is missing: no internet (and no wifi, even though hostelworld says so), extremely slow service, and make sure that they do not over charge you.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Amazing place, great food and perfect scenery. I'll be back again, no doubt.

• 11th Feb 2014

This is THE cheapest place to stay in the Michamvi area. However, the water in the shower had a really bad smell. I did not even ask about it as I just stayed 2 nights. It was very quiet when I was there so it felt like I had the entire place to myself - paradise compared to overcrowded hostels in Thailand. I stayed in bungalow 5 and 3. I like bungalow 3 better - more an island feel.

View all Zanzibar Bed and Breakfasts