Sagando Hostel Reviews

Michamvi Kae, Zanzibar, Tanzania

We had a good time at Sagando. We really liked the rooms. Staff were very helpful. We had a problem with a scooter we hired in Stone Town and they were helpful in sorting it out.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • South Africa

Great location, good food and friendly staff. If you're interested in quiet, beautiful beaches and the east coast's only sunsets, Sagando has got to be the best bang for your buck. But it is not without issue. We shared our room (#6) with a lively rat that made sounds all night, climbed all over our shelves, ate our food and left droppings all over one corner. Also, there is no furniture, and the bathroom is simply a toilet behind a partial wall, so if you're a couple, bring headphones...

• 3rd Oct 2014

I have officially found my heaven on earth. This place is the cats pajamas. The rooms are awesome little unique beach banda things with awesome bathrooms (you get your own, say whaaat). They are constantly building recycled stuff, like canoe bookshelves. The food is AWESOME i literally made them teach me how to cook their food. And the whole thing is run by an awesome group of rastas who live above the bar commune style running the place. Plus kittens and puppies. I can't wait to go back!

• 23rd Jul 2014

Had a bad stay at Sagando. The rooms itself is good, but everything else is missing: no internet (and no wifi, even though hostelworld says so), extremely slow service, and make sure that they do not over charge you.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

What a nice place to stay! - I was booked in for 4 days, but stayed 12 days before traweling on. went for a few other hostels, but none of them could messure Sagando, so I went back for ten days more. The food is fantastic. The staff is very nice, social and honest! (Forgot my 1000$ camera there, and they kept it for me). - The beach houses are clean nice and charming. Good beds! Free wifi and international calls is also a +! I will be back! // Sweden/DK - Also very cheap to stay there compared!

• 7th Jul 2014