Sagando Hostel Reviews

Michamvi Kae, Zanzibar, Tanzania

Amazing place, great food and perfect scenery. I'll be back again, no doubt.

• 11th Feb 2014

This is THE cheapest place to stay in the Michamvi area. However, the water in the shower had a really bad smell. I did not even ask about it as I just stayed 2 nights. It was very quiet when I was there so it felt like I had the entire place to myself - paradise compared to overcrowded hostels in Thailand. I stayed in bungalow 5 and 3. I like bungalow 3 better - more an island feel.

Situated beautifully in Michamvi Kae on the peninsula on the East coast of Zanzibar, Sagando Hostel is a perfect place for a relaxing vacation, quiet beach, sunsets and great food at the hostel bar. We really enjoyed our stay here, the bungalows up in the trees are really idyllic and the staff made our visit a pleasure. With a good selection of fresh food, juices, and drinks, it was always nice to hang out at the hostel too. Highly recommended!

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Sweden

was a lovly time!!!

Sagando is a really nice place for younger couples. The raggae theme freaked us out when we first arrived but we stayed for 6 nights and had such a great, relaxed time. The beach is not far and there are lots of nice walks to go on, and Sagando has lots of swing chairs and nice places to sit in the shade. We spent the week beachcombing, walking, swiming, and reading in the shade. The best things about sagando is the atmosphere, and the food! Sagando's food is incredible, the best food we've had!

Private toilet should not become a public one for other guests

Thank you guys, for a great stay at your place. The kindness of the staff is really the extra bonus of this hostel!

A place where you can experience a Maximum of hospitality. Most amazing and nice staff on earth or at least on Zanzibar. You feel at home right away. Enjoy your stay!

• 6th Dec 2013

The hostel is pretty much what you need on a trip to Zanzibar. The Michamvi village and its beaches are still quite "protected" from the tourists. The hostel is clean, organized and the staff is amazing. You only need to know that it's far from Stone Town in case you want to enjoy the city. On the onther hand, if you're looking for white powder sand, blue diamond waters and snorkelling, Sagando is the right place for you. Thank you Sagando for a an amazing time in Zanzibar.

• 9th Nov 2013