Sagando Hostel Reviews

Michamvi Kae, Zanzibar, Tanzania

I have officially found my heaven on earth. This place is the cats pajamas. The rooms are awesome little unique beach banda things with awesome bathrooms (you get your own, say whaaat). They are constantly building recycled stuff, like canoe bookshelves. The food is AWESOME i literally made them teach me how to cook their food. And the whole thing is run by an awesome group of rastas who live above the bar commune style running the place. Plus kittens and puppies. I can't wait to go back!

• 23rd Jul 2014

Had a bad stay at Sagando. The rooms itself is good, but everything else is missing: no internet (and no wifi, even though hostelworld says so), extremely slow service, and make sure that they do not over charge you.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

What a nice place to stay! - I was booked in for 4 days, but stayed 12 days before traweling on. went for a few other hostels, but none of them could messure Sagando, so I went back for ten days more. The food is fantastic. The staff is very nice, social and honest! (Forgot my 1000$ camera there, and they kept it for me). - The beach houses are clean nice and charming. Good beds! Free wifi and international calls is also a +! I will be back! // Sweden/DK - Also very cheap to stay there compared!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Amazing place, great food and perfect scenery. I'll be back again, no doubt.

• 11th Feb 2014

This is THE cheapest place to stay in the Michamvi area. However, the water in the shower had a really bad smell. I did not even ask about it as I just stayed 2 nights. It was very quiet when I was there so it felt like I had the entire place to myself - paradise compared to overcrowded hostels in Thailand. I stayed in bungalow 5 and 3. I like bungalow 3 better - more an island feel.

Situated beautifully in Michamvi Kae on the peninsula on the East coast of Zanzibar, Sagando Hostel is a perfect place for a relaxing vacation, quiet beach, sunsets and great food at the hostel bar. We really enjoyed our stay here, the bungalows up in the trees are really idyllic and the staff made our visit a pleasure. With a good selection of fresh food, juices, and drinks, it was always nice to hang out at the hostel too. Highly recommended!

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Sweden

was a lovly time!!!

Sagando is a really nice place for younger couples. The raggae theme freaked us out when we first arrived but we stayed for 6 nights and had such a great, relaxed time. The beach is not far and there are lots of nice walks to go on, and Sagando has lots of swing chairs and nice places to sit in the shade. We spent the week beachcombing, walking, swiming, and reading in the shade. The best things about sagando is the atmosphere, and the food! Sagando's food is incredible, the best food we've had!

Private toilet should not become a public one for other guests

Thank you guys, for a great stay at your place. The kindness of the staff is really the extra bonus of this hostel!

A place where you can experience a Maximum of hospitality. Most amazing and nice staff on earth or at least on Zanzibar. You feel at home right away. Enjoy your stay!

• 6th Dec 2013

The hostel is pretty much what you need on a trip to Zanzibar. The Michamvi village and its beaches are still quite "protected" from the tourists. The hostel is clean, organized and the staff is amazing. You only need to know that it's far from Stone Town in case you want to enjoy the city. On the onther hand, if you're looking for white powder sand, blue diamond waters and snorkelling, Sagando is the right place for you. Thank you Sagando for a an amazing time in Zanzibar.

• 9th Nov 2013

started well but the guy that was helping left and then it went down hill

It was an amazing time in Sagando! The staff is adorable and you can have so much fun with them! Itfelt like a little family. The Location is great. Only 2min walk to the beautiful beach where you can find a lot of spots where you can just lay all alone.

Thank you for the amazing stay!

This hostel is located on really beautiful white-sand beaches, where you can be almost alone. Theres a beautiful mangrove forest one can visit close by, and theres opportunity for snorkelling, renting a motorbike etc.. At this place we could walk alone along the beaches and meet super friendly locals, eat completely fresh fish and just enjoy life. If you want something quiet and relaxing, but still would prefer a young crowd and a wonderful atmosphere - this is definitely the hostel to come to!

Small place in small village. No tourist so much what i love, u get to know local people. I loved the peace in there. And there is lot of Bush babys so nature is close. Very good food.

• 28th Jun 2013