Sagar Guest House

8.7
Fabulous 121 Total Reviews

• Italy, Male, 25-30
28th Jan 2017

We had a great stay at Sagar Guest House. The staff are incredibly friendly and especially helpful, gave great tips for enjoying our time in Varanasi. They were also super flexible and made every effort to ensure we had a great stay. Only complaints are the location is little away from the river and the WiFi was often quite slow (common for places in Varanasi).

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
5th Jan 2017

My partner and I really enjoyed our stay at Sagar guest house. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and approachable. The room was spacious with our own bathroom and it was great value for our money. The location was very convenient and we could get to the ghats within a 15 minute walk. I would definitely stay at Sagar guest house again.

3rd Jan 2017

Great rooftop, very nice and polite staff, good location and near all main attractions.

• Italy, Female, 31-40
25th Dec 2016
4.9

The room and bathroom definitely need improvements. Filthy and bad small all over. Very old and dirty blankets. Although the owners were friendly and they tried their best. I'm sorry to say I would not stay here again.

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
10th Dec 2016

Amazing place with great staff! Thanks for everything!

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
7th Dec 2016
4.0

- staff not helpful - services promised on hostelworld either not available or not received (I was told to go out for breakfast; internet did not work half of the time there) - bed (linen, pillow, cover) smelled a lot - no hot shower available (I was told to heat up the water myself) tenet: you get a better quality for the same price elsewhere

Before reading this review... Please check his past reviews.... And decide what a personality of these guy If any one believe his point of view.....i love those present of mind....so this is story of that kind review dear friend You booked my guest house from 7\12\16..on hostel world As you mention that you are checking on 12 noon.... But unfortunately you was not available on that time even that day.. You came next day ...without any information..no email no call So I cancelled your booking... And you trying to check in with all facility as mentioned on hostelworld ... Sir 1st of all you was not on date....so its not my fault 2nd you was not informed me that you want to late check in What was reason it's didn't important for us.. Even you wasn't able to show me any email. So can you tell me if your booking is cancel then how can I provide breakfast.. Dear sir ..i don't Want to see you in my life as friend....guest...or customer... As you promised that if you not gave me room that I will write it bad for you...and you did it... I'm very happy that one thing you doing on time...(as promised) In 150 ....what you want to get it BE HAPPY on what you did it......😎😜

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
2nd Dec 2016

Awesome place to stay, the staff was really helpful. Very close to everything, one best hotels I stayed in India.

23rd Nov 2016

Very warm and welcoming staff who were always available to help and offer advice when needed. The large double room I stayed in was excellent value for money. Location is set back from the main street, which is great for a little peace and quiet, and yet only a relatively short walk to the main ghat. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here!

• Denmark, Couple, 25-30
23rd Nov 2016

The rooms are basic and the beds can sometimes be a bit hard, but it dont matter. The location is superb, hidden away from Varanasi constant noice and crowd. The owners are good people who helped us above and beyond in getting information and helped us with getting boatride and traintickets. Take time to talk with the owners, Santos and Sunny, about anything! The things we learned from them will not soon be forgotten. If you want a pleseant stay in Varanasi, then stay here.

• England, Male, 18-24
25th Oct 2016

Stayed here for 6 nights and had a really great time. It is a bit out of the town centre, but only a 15-20 minute walk to the ghats, which was nice as the town is pretty full on. Staff recommended some good, cheap food and were very helpful and accommodating during the whole stay. Shower was cold and air fan a little noisy, but good security and a spacious room with balcony and there was also a roof terrace. Value for money was great, would stay again for sure!