Saigon Backpackers Hostel @ Bui Vien Reviews

241/32 Pham Ngu Lao, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I booked a single room in this place.The room was tiny and had no window!!So sad!And there was nothing to store clothes. The room also was very noisy, I could here every word spoken in the room next door. All in all not clean at all. Location is good, very loud and touristy though. There are many other Hostels and Guesthouses next door for much better value for the money and cheaper, too.

Overall, a solid hostel with breakfast included and a cool little rooftop room to chill on. Simple breakfast is included each morning. About a minute walk to the main road, but because of the alley, it's surprisingly quiet in the hostel. I'd recommend!

We book this hotel because we had been two weeks before during 2 nights. We book one room with 4 beds and after we arrived to the hostel, we get 4 beds in 3 diferents rooms. Maybe in our first night it is not important, but it was our last night of the trip and we want to be all together.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Spain

Soft beds, good aircon, nice breakfast, new blanket every other day, fast laundry service, working computers, wifi in second floor dorm was strong enough for a long video Skype call. Kind staff. But teeny common area, and the tour prices are a few dollars overpriced. Not a party hostel, its a more mature place to relax. Good central location and staff stayed up until 2am to check me in from a late flight.

Guests were not supposed to walk inside the small lobby with their flipflops but put them aside once inside near the entrance or inside the shoe boxes. There were guests who did not observe the unspoken instruction thus leaving dirt inside the otherwise clean lobby. The staff should make it a point to clean their lobby regularly to make it truly welcoming. A small point but your feet feels it. Should clean the single rooms every day if only to take away empty water bottles.

Great location and helpful staff. Be ready to take the steep stairs. They really need to scrub the toilets. It has black moulds.

The best thing about this hostel for me was the location. Literally a minutes walk from the night life. Laundry and food places next door. Average cleanliness. Staff was very nice though which I liked. Wifi was okay downstairs but that's about the only place it worked.

I wouldn't recommend this hostel. It's cheap but there are probably better hostels in the area. We pre booked but they split up our group and one of the girls had to stay in the male dorm. The guy on reception wasn't apologetic and just kept laughing nervously. The other staff were fine. There was a rat in the foyer. Rooms were tiny. It was down an alley, near the street with bars and restaurants. Good massage places nearby too. Mind your belongings at night when out.

The staff are wonderful but my single room is tiny, just as well I'm petite. Excellent location and I appreciate the small breakfast in the morning.

The hostel is quite basic but has everything you need. The room was fine and the breakfast was pretty nice. But you can't beat the location, inbetween the two Main Streets of Ho Chi Minh, in a small alley perfect for getting cheap street food.

Absolutely awesome place to stay right in the middle of the backpackers district. We had a blast staying there. Make sure you ask for Henry,hes freaking awesome, and ultra accommodating. Make sure you grab a beer with his as well. He knows the city and loves helping and meeting people. We love you henry!

Excellent location with very helpful and friendly staff! Make sure you check out the restaurant across the road, really cheap and delicious food...

Reception staff care about your well being and it shows. Spoke good english and were chatty. Free breakfast was good. Actually it is down an alley filled with hostels, safe to walk down but easy to miss. Had a single room which smelled a little damp, no windows but it was ok. Book a half day tunnels trip and even fired a gun! Got scammed by a rigged taxi meter once in HCM, so be aware of the reliable companies names.

Had a single for 2 nights and enjoyed the private, air conditioned room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Great location in an alley between two major streets. Would go back.

leaving passport at the counter is a bad practice, they forgot to return us our passport during check out and me missed our flight cos of it.