Saigon Backpackers Hostel @ Cong Quynh Reviews

200 Cong Quynh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Great place! Rooms are nice and comfy with 4 bunk beds each. There is a power outlet and reading light for each bed. Lockers for the valuables. Everything is kept neat and clean by staff. This place has lots of hangout areas including the main lobby, balcony, and a rooftop spot as well as a computer room. also a kitchen which I got a lot of mileage out of. When leaving the wonderful and beautiful host went with me to the street to catch a taxi to the airport. Highly recommended!

• 24th Sep 2014

Clean hostel. Staff was nice, especially Mai. Nice area on the roof to hang out. Good free breakfast. Close enough to the main backpacker street but far enough away that you don't get all of that noise.

• 8th Sep 2014

After staying at quite a few lively hostels this was a bit of a disappointment. The staff, although friendly weren't particularly helpful, or interested in our questions (we even asked about a walking tour and was told it was on a different day so we missed it). Although the hostel is large there's no proper social area so it's hard to meet people. It was a bit of a walk to the main streets, and down a dark alley which was a little scary. If you want quiet and to be left alone then stay here.

Quite good hostel. Good location and good free breakfast. The cook is lovely and will give you laughing cow cheese if yu ask ;) Good maps provided. Bad wifi and lockers are not provided for everyone, and you cannot check in until 2.30pm which is a nightmare if you have come in very early morning on a night bus!

There are 2 Saigon Backpackers which makes it highly confusing. The one I was in was fine. Good decor, lots of steps, tightly packed bedrooms but they were just about manageable. Location is good, really near to bar street etc. Completely unclear how to get through the gate at night. I thought the staff were fairly unhelpful to be honest. Basic but filling breakfast. You get what you pay for I suppose. I came back to Saigon but chose to stay somewhere else.

Very helpful staff in a great location. Nice atmosphere, great for all ages.

The hostel is in a decent area, about 10 mins walk to main backpacker street and bus stops. You can book the CuChi Tunnels tours through them as well as buses from Ho Chi Minh to other places around Vietnam and Cambodia. They do a good free breakfast in the morning also :)

Beware of muggings in ho chi min met so many people that this had happened too. All girls shouldn't take a bag with you will have it swipped or knifed off you from moped drivers, its a real problem in this area so don't take a bag to avoid it. Alot of boys had also had things stolen like laptops / phones when walking home or even to their hostel on arrival, be cautious. Hostel is nice, free breakfast, most of the staff are very helpful. met quite a few people here that I then saw thoughout trip.

Not the most luxurious hostel. Yet the staff is great, room are spacious with good air con and there are plenty of space and chances to socialise. Free breakfast rules and if you are hungry just ask for more. Really enjoyed my stay. A bit more cleaniness wouldn't hurt.

Extremly nice staff here, they help with anything you need. Really recommend this place if you want a quiet but close to everything in Saigon that you want.

This is the best hostel so far I have stayed at in SE Asia. For such a low price the hostel provides everything you need. And the guys working there are amazing!

Loved this place. Right in the heart of the backpackers district and close to everything. Unsure if this is the norm but having both toilet and shower in the same small room made it kinda tricky to shower. that would be my only con. Free breakfast included and amazingly lovely staff!

• 11th Jul 2014

The staff here were great I only had two days and they made it so easy booking my tunnel trip (much cheaper through them), my bus ticket and even getting me a good place in Nha Trang. Ask them where to eat it was nice and quiet and a comfortable if thin mattress. The roof top area is a nice place to share drinks and stories. I would stay again breakfast was also good they even did me a take away version for the bus.

The friendly staff helped me at all corners. Breakfast was free and while not tons of options it was quite tasty. All facilities were well maintained and it was extremely easy to meet other travelers.

• 10th Jul 2014

Very quiet hostel, not a great place for single travelers as you rarely see anyone else. Rooms were clean and nice, though, so if you're looking for quiet this place would be nice. Right on the edge of the backpacker area and easy walking distance to some of the sights.

No lock on door but some lockers provided. Good party atmosphere, unfortunately that isn't what we were there for, so the music late into the night which started again early in the morning was frustrating, but it seemed like a very good place to socialise if you were here for more than one night. The others really enjoyed the tours provided by the hotel. Shower water pressure was bad the further up you went but did the job ok. Beds comfy. Lots of plug sockets to charge stuff too. Staff great.

Stayed for only a night. Lucky that I got really friendly dorm mates. Pretty clean. A tad cramped. The aircon was blasting so it got pretty cold, but it was sweet reprieve from the heat of saigon. Overall, pretty comfortable stay. Location was really good. Literally two or three minutes away from the backpacker's alley, but just far enough not to be noisy at night.

Free city tour the hostel offers does not exist. Good breakfast, good common area upstairs. Tours that I booked through hostel were disappointing - look elsewhere!

Staff was awesome. Walked we with to get some streetfood and drove me to the bus station for free (at midnight!) I liked the breakfast.

I had a lot of fun here. The staff mingles really well with the backpacker and much socializing was done in the small cozy common area. People who I met here are mostly veteran travelers. Out of all the hostel I've stayed in SEA. This is one of the two better organized one when it comes to socializing.The staff made the difference. The dorm showers need to have the drainage reworked. there are puddles of water every night after showering. The staffs cleans it in the morning though.