Saigon Backpackers Hostel @ Cong Quynh

8.0
Fabulous 293 Total Reviews

4th Feb 2017
6.9

It's a place to sleep, not much more. If you're looking for the basics, this place will do just fine.

• Taiwan, Female, 18-24
29th Dec 2016
6.0

If you are looking for a good atmosphere and to meet cool people this place may not be the right for you Worth the money, we stayed only one night so didn't have much to ask for It's located in an alley and incorrect from what it shows on google maps However if you only need a place to stay this is the place!

1st Dec 2016
2.0

Where to start! First off, not at all like the pictures. The rooftop area was run down, and not attractive. No power in the room on the first night. A/C cut on and off constantly making it noisey. No hot water in the shower. Free breakfast was a banana and coffee, nothing else. My locker was broken into, they didn't care. When I complained about the facilities and asked for a discount I was told flat out no ... poor service, poor facilities. Not recommended. Much better places to stay in HCMC.

Thank you very much for your stay with us at Saigon Backpackers hostel. We are sorry you had problems during your stay at our hostel. Actually, we used to have breakfast, but we do not have it anymore. We notified those in hostelworld.com, booking.com, agoda.com... Most of guests checked the information before coming to our hostel, but I do not know why you did not know about it. We really appreciate the feedback and will be sure to pass on critical points you've mentioned. We hope we will have the opportunity to do better when you come back.

• England, Male, 18-24
22nd Nov 2016

The staff were wonderful and very helpful! the atmosphere had a fantastic feel to it and made me feel at home almost, over all it was great

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your stay with us at our hostel! It's always lovely to hear great reviews of our services. We greatly appreciate that you recognize all our team members work very hard to ensure each guests have a memorable stay. We looking forward to welcoming you back to our hostel.

22nd Nov 2016

Great hostel! Super clean and with a nice location and the girls in the staff were super helpful and nice! Would definitely stay again there for sure!

Thank you very much for your excellent review! we are so appreciated that you recommended us as a top choice of accommodations and highlighting convenient location...Also, we are so glad that you found out our super helpful and nice staffs who are very happy to hear your kindly worlds. We greatly appreciate you recommend us to other travelers. We wish you have a great travels and look forward to welcoming you back to our hostel

• England, Female, 25-30
22nd Nov 2016

Friendly and helpful staff, good atmosphere, chilled and comfortable

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your stay with us at Saigon Backpackers Hostel! It's always lovely to hear great reviews of our services. We looking forward to welcoming you back to our hostel

• England, Couple, 18-24
20th Nov 2016
6.3

Towels are not included in the price. There was no rooftop area with the swings as in the picture. On our floor, one shower was cold whilst the other had pretty much no water pressure! The air con was leaking onto my bed so we had to have it switched off.

Thank you so much taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay with us in Saigon Backpackers Hostel. We are sorry about your problems during your stay with us at the hostel. We have the free towels and locks as well, but you must deposit 50.000vnd for each before taking them. We will give the deposit to you when you check out and give us the towels and the locks. We hope you have a great time during the rest of your travels

• Australia, Male, 25-30
14th Nov 2016

I stayed here for a month. Honestly, for the price, you probably couldn't find a better hostel anywhere in the world. The staff are the highlight at this hostel. Extremely friendly and helpful. They made me food, drove me places, helped me buy a SIM and set it up, helped me look for an apartment/motorbike, and gave me tips about the city. Easily the best staff I've encountered in any of the 100+ hostels I've stayed in all around the world.

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
23rd Oct 2016
6.9

Hostel is in a good area near to restaurants and shops but it doesn't have a lot else going for it! Rooms were okay but air con kept cutting out and the room was really stuffy and hot! No area to sit and chill- lounge or bar area. We had issues checking out and paying and ended up having to pay twice on card with charges!! Wouldn't stay again!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
17th Oct 2016
7.4

A bit of an older hostel, but the staff were friendly and helpful and I enjoyed my stay.