Saigon Backpackers Hostel @ Cong Quynh Reviews

200 Cong Quynh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

An average hostel with really friendly staff.

Definitely an OK hostel. However I did stay there 4 nights and they never refilled the handwash during that time... Breakfast was nothing special but still OK.

Beds are comfy and room is generally clean, did have a problem with one of the shower doors bot opening at all for a day which wa a bit weird. Lounge area with tv on the rooftop terrace is a bonus. Staff are okay, but didnt explain when we arrived that we woul be charged for breakfast unless we told them we didn't want it on arrival. Would have got it $1 cheaper a night if they'd ok us we needed to decide at te beginning if we wanted breakfast included or not. Good location, near everything.

Poor security. Reception gave us security box keys but no lock found on box. Didn't give us a tour to familiarize us with the place either. Heard from a fellow backpacker that her credit card got stolen FROM the security box despite it being locked, not safe at all. Avoid this place if you want to keep your valuables, or take the risk and keep items on you. Pros: clean place, hearty breakfast.

Nice hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast is very good.

Arrived late in the evening and the hostel seemed a bit unorganised:there was somebody in the assigned bed,no locker left in the room,no key was given (they didn't make a problem next day though when i said i had none). Tours and bus tickets are way more expensive then elsewhere.

All in all my stay was very pleasant. The beds were comfortable compared with other hostels at this price. In addition the hostel staff were very helpful, communicative and nice.

Very good hostel, great atmosphere and awesome stuff! It was much fun to stay there on New Years Eve. They also have a roof terasse where you can sit and chat, watch tv or play guitar. It was best hostel in Saigon I have been (and I tried quite a few), Keep it up guys!

they serve great breakfast! they clean the halls everyday. friendly staff and very convenient location. it was noisy though during early evening because of the honking of horns of the motorists and especially on Christmas eve but the next night was less noisy.

Central location in backpackers area. Helped book us trips to Cu Chi tunnels and Mekong Delta (overnight), both for competitive prices. Free breakfast of bread and eggs as standard.

Seems like a good place judging by the other hostels in the area. Don't expect a lot though.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Make sure you know what your paying for as the staff can't add up and try to rip you off when you leave! Also don't leave your shoes at the door they mysteriously go missing and hold on to your bags in the area!

After turning up to this hostel I realised it wasn't the one I had seen online and had read some good reviews. Turned out there are two of the same name hostels run by the same people. 2 min walk apart from one another. This one is ok although I moved too the other one after one night, the other one has much nicer,larger and cleaner rooms . Both do free breakfast which is basic but good as is free

Staff was friendly, but a bit chaotic. Mixed up guest namens all the time. Don't do your laundry in this hostel, it is very expansive and one day later, when I was already in Cambodia, I found out that everything had shrunk so badly. Now everything is two sizes smaller.. very very poor service. Reaction from reception was: you should try it on before you take it. Wtf??? It has already shrunken by then so what is the point??

Great hostel with friendly staff in an excellent location. Will most certainly stay here again when visiting Ho Chi Minh City.

We only stayed there for one night. The staff was nice. The rooms were Ok, but we found bedbugs. One of the showers was broken. Location: Central, but not a safe location at night if you are travelling alone.

Helpful staff, decent facilities and in a prime location. I would stay here again :)

• 11th Nov 2014

great hostel , bit not the one don't he map , just 100 my away from that one , great rooftop and TV room , great breakfast . door of my room too noisy should fix it