Saigon Backpackers Hostel @ Cong Quynh Reviews

200 Cong Quynh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Keys didn't match the locks. Housekeepers thought we had checked since most of our belonging were in the lockers (that were locked with our personal locks). They threw out my book (that was later found stained with garbage) and mixed my shirt with their linen which I asked for back 3 times before I got it. When I asked about my things they had taken out of my room the hotel staff treated me like I was inconveniencing them. They did not once apologize. The room was cheap and the service matched.

• 26th Jan 2016

It felt like there was no window, the noise was so loud in the dorm. The mattresses were like hard planks of wood with old woollen blankets that make you itch. And above all else they had bedbugs and were aware of it and didn't warn us.

• 21st Jan 2016

Was really good hostel good breakfast

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Argentina

I stayed here 4 nights. I am not a fan of party hostels, so this was a perfect fit for me. Social spaces worked to meet people. Breakfast was free and great. I slept well in 8 person dorm. Staff were helpful in finding a place to park motorbike, finding a bus ticket, and making sure stay was nice. Great value!

No atmosphere. Staff was unfriendly and not helpfull at all. Heard another backpackers complaining about bedbugs but they didnt look like they want to do something about it.. At checkout they only asked my key and gave me mu passport back. They didnt even say goodbye.. Bad wifi connection in the rooms.

Clean, nice staff, wifi in all rooms, hot showers, good ac, in the tourist part of town. Only problem is they cram so many beds in the dorm room there is litreally nowhere to put your bag.

Female dorm was great, comfy bed and clean showeroom. The mixed dorm was average and very noisy as it faced the main road. Bathrooms weren't great very small.

MY EXCITEMENT GOING IN VIETNAM TURNED TO HELL WHEN I STAYED HERE IN MISS SAIGON BACKPACKERS HOSTEL.I had a limited stay in Ho chih Minh and I would like to enjoy every single moment when I was here . Unfortunately, it didnt happened . No activities for backpackers here, poor communication from the staffs . I didnt enjoyed Vietnam because I booked a hostel which dont deserve any star.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Philippines

Well the hostel is true to the photos provided they are definitely several years old and little has been done for upkeep. We had booked a private room but were told when we arrived that they were all full so they had placed is in a dorm but no one else would be in there with us. Not the end of the world. The staff were very helpful when we had questions about where to go/how to get there.

• 17th Dec 2015

Great hostel, free breakfast, decent facilities and close to everything you need in the backpackers region. Wifi is pretty average and didnt work in room often.

DO NOT STAY HERE. Staff rude from the get go, simple tasks couldn't be achieved with any sort of ease. Bedrooms are small and dirty bathroom were also a mess ended up checking out after an hour. Mainly due to the rudeness of the staff.

• 29th Nov 2015

Cleaning, staff more friendly, more room for youre stuff/backpack/

• 23rd Nov 2015

This is a good hostel for a short stay in Saigon. Good location and friendly staff.

• 21st Nov 2015

We stayed here for three nights and had a four person dorm between three of us and paid for the extra bed. The hostel seemed clean, but on the first night came back to see a cockroach in the bathroom. The member of staff who was on duty downstairs came and removed this for us. Apart from this experience it was a nice hostel and appeared to be clean. Not sure if this was a one off or if they have a cockroach problem!?

Good hostel, nice room, clean, aircon, enjoyed it here!

Great place for the price but can be a nightmare to get back in after a late night as the shutters get closed and you have to wait for them to answer the buzzer. Great if your doing the tourist thing and want a quiet place but I spent most my time at another hostel as it always had a new crowd of travellers to talk to and have a drink.

Staff were excellent and extremely helpful

• 11th Nov 2015

Good place to stay but its not like 'home away from home' Pluses: ac rooms and free breakfast, balcony near the room Minuses: very small space for such a big quantity of backpackers. There was almost no free space in the room (bags all around the floor)

Good place to stay just off the backpackers area.

Nice hostel to stay. The room are small, but everything else are good. Staff are friendly and very helpful.

• 7th Nov 2015