Saigon Backpackers Hostel @ Cong Quynh Reviews

200 Cong Quynh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Extremly nice staff here, they help with anything you need. Really recommend this place if you want a quiet but close to everything in Saigon that you want.

This is the best hostel so far I have stayed at in SE Asia. For such a low price the hostel provides everything you need. And the guys working there are amazing!

Loved this place. Right in the heart of the backpackers district and close to everything. Unsure if this is the norm but having both toilet and shower in the same small room made it kinda tricky to shower. that would be my only con. Free breakfast included and amazingly lovely staff!

• 11th Jul 2014

The staff here were great I only had two days and they made it so easy booking my tunnel trip (much cheaper through them), my bus ticket and even getting me a good place in Nha Trang. Ask them where to eat it was nice and quiet and a comfortable if thin mattress. The roof top area is a nice place to share drinks and stories. I would stay again breakfast was also good they even did me a take away version for the bus.

The friendly staff helped me at all corners. Breakfast was free and while not tons of options it was quite tasty. All facilities were well maintained and it was extremely easy to meet other travelers.

• 10th Jul 2014

Very quiet hostel, not a great place for single travelers as you rarely see anyone else. Rooms were clean and nice, though, so if you're looking for quiet this place would be nice. Right on the edge of the backpacker area and easy walking distance to some of the sights.

No lock on door but some lockers provided. Good party atmosphere, unfortunately that isn't what we were there for, so the music late into the night which started again early in the morning was frustrating, but it seemed like a very good place to socialise if you were here for more than one night. The others really enjoyed the tours provided by the hotel. Shower water pressure was bad the further up you went but did the job ok. Beds comfy. Lots of plug sockets to charge stuff too. Staff great.

Stayed for only a night. Lucky that I got really friendly dorm mates. Pretty clean. A tad cramped. The aircon was blasting so it got pretty cold, but it was sweet reprieve from the heat of saigon. Overall, pretty comfortable stay. Location was really good. Literally two or three minutes away from the backpacker's alley, but just far enough not to be noisy at night.

Free city tour the hostel offers does not exist. Good breakfast, good common area upstairs. Tours that I booked through hostel were disappointing - look elsewhere!

Staff was awesome. Walked we with to get some streetfood and drove me to the bus station for free (at midnight!) I liked the breakfast.

I had a lot of fun here. The staff mingles really well with the backpacker and much socializing was done in the small cozy common area. People who I met here are mostly veteran travelers. Out of all the hostel I've stayed in SEA. This is one of the two better organized one when it comes to socializing.The staff made the difference. The dorm showers need to have the drainage reworked. there are puddles of water every night after showering. The staffs cleans it in the morning though.

Good spot. Would recommend. Good for solo travellers because you get decent free breakfast, great moment to meet new people to do activities with! You can book almost everythig you want at reception but youll pay some commission. Also, beds booked at the front desk were a higher price than those booked online in my case, weird. Quite close to bui vien, backpackers street.

• 27th Apr 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. Free breakfast was a great touch and made it really easy to meet other backpackers.

Good place, stuff is super nice! If I will be in Hanoi again defo staying there again. They have same hostel in Hue too, best place to stay in hue for cheap!)

Water/electric temperamental. Otherwise great stay. Staff helpful.

It's had to give a great review of this place having just stayed at 2 other amazing places. That being said, it's kept fairly clean, it's close to backpacker street and they feed you, although a little oily for my taste. The rooftop js a nice sactuary, you might meet someone there if you are lucky but mostly everyone here is hungover or in bed.

Very good hostel. Very friendly staff. Good location in backpacker area. Very clean.

Was a great stay we arrived late and the staff made our checking in process very easy. We did have one problem when we booked the Cu Chi tunnels trip through the Hostel and the company forgot to pick us up so we ended up waiting for 45 mins. But this was more the outsides companys fault. Also we had a few power outages but all in all will defo recommend to others.

I loved this hostel great staff, 5 min walk from main backpacking area. great common area upstairs clean rooms hot showers lovely little hostel wifi a bit hit and miss but works