Saigon Backpackers Hostel @ Cong Quynh Reviews

200 Cong Quynh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Great hostel with super-nice staff, very good free breakfast, kitchen for your use, comfortable beds = a traveller cannot wish for more. The atmosphere is very welcoming and they are now decorating the hostel with modern illustrations of Saigon. We recommend 100%!

Only down fall was the wifi wasn't great

Great hostel, value for money. Helped us out with a trip to the Cu Chi tunnels, and a bus to Phnom Pehn. Would recommend this hostel.

The hostel was under renovations when we arrived so there were workers, tools, scaffolding and dust everywhere. Our room was on the 3rd floor overlooking Cong Quynh which is quite a busy road. The door was too small for the door frame so there was no respite from the noise. The curtains in the room didn't reach across the glass which also didn't help with the light pollution. All that said, the beds are very big and comfortable, just bring earplugs&an eye mask! There are lockers for everybody

I have reached the hostel in a bad time, because they are modifying the areas. Then, I couldn't enjoy all the facilities, atmosphere, cleanliness that they should have. However, the staff is great, and they help with everything. They are always smiling too. The full breakfast is amazing too.

Good location, very close to the main night street. Right next to a market for some local action and also next to the Wings bar, the perfect place for a solo traveler to start the night before hitting the pubs.

Staff were really nice, banh mi was yum. Room felt like a cave though. Shared bathrooms are clean. Location is really good!

Not much space to socialize, but otherwise a very nice place. Good facilities, nice clean beds, free breakfast. Staff is also helpful.

A great little hostel situated around the corner from the touristy bar area and around the corner from a Vietnamese market. Best of both worlds! The atmosphere was awesome in this hostel, one of the nights i think it was pretty much fully booked out, can't be that bad huh. I also recommend the bar next to the hostel, wings, the owner is awesome and the staff are a good laugh. Plus its a nice way to ease yourself into a night out in HCMC. Great value for money, with breakfast included!

Great hostel. Good location. Very helpful and friendly staff. Highly recommended

I have no regrets about staying here, enjoyed my time here. Staff were the friendliest and were always happy to help with a smile. Nice and clean rooms very comfortable. Everything is cleaned on a regular basis by two very smiley cleaners. Good common area and very good breakfast for free. All for a very cheap price!!! I highly recommend you staying here. Very good location too 5 minute walk to the main backpacker street for a few beers. Good luck!!!

Not all lockers had locks on them and only one of two showers was working. Alright common areas. Great location close to the pub street and a good breakfast.

I saw the cleaning lady put back a blanket of someone else on a new bed without changing it. The first towel that they gave me was really dirty...

• 7th Jun 2015

Excellent staff, woke up at 2AM to find me a taxi and get me to the airport. That's called going the extra mile.

It's a lovely hostel! We had an issue with our room and the staff was super nice about it and helped us fixed it right away! The cleaning staff was a bit rude, we saw a girl getting woken up and kicked out bc it was check out time.. So I thought it was a bit rude but the staff in reception is absolutely lovely!!

Nice, standard hostel in central Saigon. The staff were friendly and helpful, the free breakfast was great and the little rooftop terrace was excellent. Good value for money.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Denmark

An average hostel with really friendly staff.

Definitely an OK hostel. However I did stay there 4 nights and they never refilled the handwash during that time... Breakfast was nothing special but still OK.

Beds are comfy and room is generally clean, did have a problem with one of the shower doors bot opening at all for a day which wa a bit weird. Lounge area with tv on the rooftop terrace is a bonus. Staff are okay, but didnt explain when we arrived that we woul be charged for breakfast unless we told them we didn't want it on arrival. Would have got it $1 cheaper a night if they'd ok us we needed to decide at te beginning if we wanted breakfast included or not. Good location, near everything.

Poor security. Reception gave us security box keys but no lock found on box. Didn't give us a tour to familiarize us with the place either. Heard from a fellow backpacker that her credit card got stolen FROM the security box despite it being locked, not safe at all. Avoid this place if you want to keep your valuables, or take the risk and keep items on you. Pros: clean place, hearty breakfast.