Saigon Backpackers Hostel @ Pham Ngu Lao Reviews

373/20 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I had a really Nice stat at Saigon Backpacker Hostel. The personal were very helpful and kind. Great location and Nice facilities with pooltable and commonroom were you could watch movies any time. I would stay there again

• 3rd Feb 2016
  • Denmark

Staff were really friendly, especially the young girl behind the desk. Wifi is really good. Would happily stay again.

I stayed here a few nights and Had a great time. Ended up leaving my bug bag for a few days trips with no problem. Lovely staff that are always willing to help. Right in backpackers alley. Beds are a wee squeaky but very comfy none the less. Breakfast is great and they have a comfy lounge area to hang out and meet some new people.

The accomodations were good and breakfast too. Staff is friendly and helpful. Take the 152 bus from Ben Than Market to/from the airport (6000-10000VND, 50mins). I like the fact you can walk just about anywhere in downtown HCM. I enjoyed the city and didnt see everything I wanted. Id definitely recommend this place.

Good location, breakfast included, helpful staff. Small common area and small breki but ok. Cubical show and toilet seperate, makes it easier for larger dorms.

Arrived at 2am and had no problem getting in. Bed is big, comfy and clean. Breakfast is nice, you have a few options to choose from. Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed for my Vietnam trip.l

Good location within walking distance to everything you need in District 1. It's a bit hidden but locals are happy to point you in the right direction.Shower door however was broken in my dorm so every time the shower was used the outer bathroom door had to be locked preventing acess to the toilet.

Not a party hostel but very lovely!

Stayed here for 2 nights while in HCMC. Basic hostel tucked back in an alley not too far from the park and the tourist streets. Hostel could've been a bit cleaner, floors were dusty, stairs as well (especially since we couldn't wear shoes) Free breakfast was nice in the morning. Staff could've been friendlier. Prices for buses are high beware! I was told the FUTA bus to Dalat was sold out but I went on the Main Street and bought a FUTA ticket for the same day & it was cheaper!!

The most unfriendly staff ever! the woman in the reception was very rude with us. She didnt speak english at all and tried to charge us more! The rooms were ok! But definitely would not recommend this hostel to nobody! Poor common areas!

Good stay here. Staff were great. Beds were comfy but very noisy. Breakfast was good, good location near the backpacker area but a bit weird it being down an alley way. Being on the 5th floor was tiring. Comfy common area with a tv with loads of films.

A bit difficult to find, located in a small alley with other Hostels. However good location, close to bar/tourist street, night market and the park. Free breakfast was good and staff were friendly. It is not a party hostel but still a good atmosphere and easy to meet other travelers. I recommend to stay in the 8 bed dorm since it is much more spacious than the 4 bed dorm.

Great hostel! A bit of long walk from Ben Thanh market bus station but locates right in the middle of fresh market where you can find food at all time. The hostel is quiet and cozy. Beds are little bigger than standard size and comfy. Staffs are super nice.

The staff was really friendly and gave great advice about routes, money exchange and other practical things. Keep up the good work!

• 1st Dec 2015

We booked on the same day online. When we arrived we were advised that they dont have rooms left and transfer us to a nearby hostel. The location isnt good, its hard to find. Thanks to the taxi driver who led us to the gate of the hostel

• 4th Nov 2015
  • Philippines

Couldn't initially find the hostel down a scruffy alley way as they had given the wrong address - good location to the park and about half an hours walk from Saigon's tallest tower. Generally fine.

This is the second time we have stayed here at Saigon Backpackers. Previously we stayed in a 4 bed room, which was nice although small, but had a good bathroom. This time we stayed in an 8 bed. The room itself was better than the 4, as it was a lot more spacious, but the bathroom was in need of updating. Staff are lovely and breakfast is include. In a fab location close to bars, shops and restaurants. Great stay!

I love it

Small and friendly hostel down a pretty back street in Ho Chi Minh City. Small rooms but kept very clean. Enjoyed our stay.

Great location, great common area (comparing with other places nearby). The staff were nice but felt like they wanted your money more than giving you a good bargain, pricy tours that you can find cheaper next door and not sure about the change they gave back...