Saigon Backpackers Hostel Reviews

373/20 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Great place to hang out and meet lots of interesting nice people

Nice quiet location just off the main backpackers street. Didn't see much of the other guests while we were there, but it was a 2 minute walk to the main backpackers drinking street. A cab into town but then all the hostels are.

An amazing place to stay. You will not regret. Good location and an amazing and friendly staff.

• 24th Jun 2014

The bathrooms weren't very clean, but all in all it was a fine place to stay. Pretty good location with a market just down the end of the street! The free breakfast is nice too ;)

Personally I found that this place lacked atmosphere. The hangout place isn't really somewhere to hang out and the computers are normally being used by the staff. There were bed bugs that they were reluctant to deal with and when I asked to cancel my next two nights was told I still had to pay whilst they literally held my passport hostage. Stay at the hideout, nicer atmosphere, nice staff and nicer surroundings.

Good value for money and staff were nice and friendly. Can help with all buses and tours. Good location but beware in HCMC of theifs on motos stealing bags

Great hostel, stayed in a 4 bed dorm which was nice enough, air con good. Breakfast was really good considering what we paid. Only downside is that we were on the top floor and no lift just very steep stairs!

Great hostel with free breakfast.

The breakfast was a joke, the dorm rooms are overpriced for what you get (very noisy beds! Everytime you move only a little bit, at least one person wakes up because of the noises your bed is doing ) and the pictures in the Internet are not quite showing how it really looks like! Way smaller!! Not really a social room, when you are almost in the doorway and reception desk is right behind you!

• 20th Mar 2014

Breakfast is not good at all. I could not enjoy it much, so I always prefer to have breakfast outside. Staffs are nice and helpful. I was disturbed by the Japanese guest while sleeping, i think he is a pervert playing with my Mr. P. Lucky he was staying only for 1 night. Staying at 4th floor is a big NO as it is too much effort to climb the stairs. But thanks to staff member who granted me to stay on 2nd floor, that is what made me stay another 6 nights.

• 19th Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

THE place to stay in Ho Chi Minh City (for backpackers) as almost every other backpacker is also staying there. The dorms are very clean and large but the beds are unbearably squeaky, you can't turn over let alone get up without the whole room knowing about it! There is a comfy sofa and large tv which has lots of movies on as well as a DVD player so you can play your own movies. The staff were very nice and helpful, would definitely stay here again.

I was hard to find it at first but then it was fine. It's clean, the staff is friendly and they have breakfast!