Saigon Backpackers Hostel Reviews

373/20 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

It would be good to update their brochure which states that the room has tea & coffee making facilities, this is not so. We were glad we had soap with us, as the new dispensers had not been filled and no soap was provided. The bed light had no plug on the end. Also upon leaving we were not taken to our taxi which created a problem with 3 different parties going into 3 taxis, to 3 destinations with no language skills between us. Our stay 2 years ago was better, which made us come back.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Itwas quite dirty!!!!!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry you had problems with dirty room in our hostel. We clean and check the rooms every day. However it gets a few minutes of a little dirty from check out time to finish cleaning the rooms. We hope we will have an opportunity to do better when you come back .We hope you enjoyed our other facilities regardless and had a great time in the city. We looking forward to welcoming back to Saigon Backpackers Hostel Best Wishes,

Really happy that I stayed here - it was in a great central location and the common area meant that it was really easy to meet other travellers. The dorms are nice and quiet so I was able to get quality sleep. Only a 2 minute walk away from the street with all backpacker bars and restaurants, close to the central market and in the heart of District 1. Would highly recommend.

What a lovely review! thank you very much for your kindly words. We are so please that you enjoy your stay at Saigon Backpackers Hostel. We hope to see you again soon Best Regards

The Place is ok: very good position in the center of backpackers area, so closed to the very center of Saigon. But a little bit noise and dirty: you can't suppose people walk inside without shoes if you don't clean the floor. Anyway, we had a very bad and noise room the first day and they changed it with a better one. At The end it was ok...

• 12th Aug 2014

Good place, on a back alleyway off Pham Ngu Lao, but has security guards at each end at night. The hostel is small and fairly quiet, but you're so close to the main backpacker area at night it's not a problem.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • awilli41

Thank you for your great feedback. We hope you have a good trip! We look forward to welcoming back to our saigon Backpackers Hostel Best Regards

really nice. kitchen was a little bit dirty

Great place to hang out and meet lots of interesting nice people

Nice quiet location just off the main backpackers street. Didn't see much of the other guests while we were there, but it was a 2 minute walk to the main backpackers drinking street. A cab into town but then all the hostels are.

An amazing place to stay. You will not regret. Good location and an amazing and friendly staff.

• 24th Jun 2014

The bathrooms weren't very clean, but all in all it was a fine place to stay. Pretty good location with a market just down the end of the street! The free breakfast is nice too ;)

Personally I found that this place lacked atmosphere. The hangout place isn't really somewhere to hang out and the computers are normally being used by the staff. There were bed bugs that they were reluctant to deal with and when I asked to cancel my next two nights was told I still had to pay whilst they literally held my passport hostage. Stay at the hideout, nicer atmosphere, nice staff and nicer surroundings.

Good value for money and staff were nice and friendly. Can help with all buses and tours. Good location but beware in HCMC of theifs on motos stealing bags

Great hostel, stayed in a 4 bed dorm which was nice enough, air con good. Breakfast was really good considering what we paid. Only downside is that we were on the top floor and no lift just very steep stairs!

Great hostel with free breakfast.

The breakfast was a joke, the dorm rooms are overpriced for what you get (very noisy beds! Everytime you move only a little bit, at least one person wakes up because of the noises your bed is doing ) and the pictures in the Internet are not quite showing how it really looks like! Way smaller!! Not really a social room, when you are almost in the doorway and reception desk is right behind you!

• 20th Mar 2014

Breakfast is not good at all. I could not enjoy it much, so I always prefer to have breakfast outside. Staffs are nice and helpful. I was disturbed by the Japanese guest while sleeping, i think he is a pervert playing with my Mr. P. Lucky he was staying only for 1 night. Staying at 4th floor is a big NO as it is too much effort to climb the stairs. But thanks to staff member who granted me to stay on 2nd floor, that is what made me stay another 6 nights.

• 19th Mar 2014