Saigon Backpackers Hostel Reviews

373/20 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

This is the second time we have stayed here at Saigon Backpackers. Previously we stayed in a 4 bed room, which was nice although small, but had a good bathroom. This time we stayed in an 8 bed. The room itself was better than the 4, as it was a lot more spacious, but the bathroom was in need of updating. Staff are lovely and breakfast is include. In a fab location close to bars, shops and restaurants. Great stay!

Small and friendly hostel down a pretty back street in Ho Chi Minh City. Small rooms but kept very clean. Enjoyed our stay.

Great location, great common area (comparing with other places nearby). The staff were nice but felt like they wanted your money more than giving you a good bargain, pricy tours that you can find cheaper next door and not sure about the change they gave back...

This hostel was pretty boring and the AC didn't work.

• 11th Aug 2015

Clean, nice breakfast and wifi pretty good. Great location. I would definitely stay here again.

I had a really bad experience here, booked into a 4-bed dorm but was put in an 8-bed. Was told the 4 bed was full, even though I paid extra for the small down because I don't like to be in a big dorm, sharing a bathroom and everything with loads of people. I was shoved awake at 7am and told I could move. I was later moved to a 4 bed in the other Saigon backpackers where I physically couldn't get into the bed as it was the top bunk and no ladder. I was sick of the nonsense so I left!

FEAR NOT - THE BUILDING WORK IS COMPLETE! Lovely hostel. Great common area with TV and pool table. Unfortunately I only booked two nights and they filled up before I could book extra, but I went back to hang out with the people I met there. Good location but, as with many areas in Saigon, do watch your pockets. The staff are really attentive to making sure that you are being careful with your stuff too; there are pickpockets in this city. Not a reflection on this great hostel, just be warned!

For the money we paid, it was a brilliant stay! It's unfortunate that the hostel had chosen to.do a lot of building work that weekend, including in our room, which made the place a bit of a mess. However, the staff were all apologetic and helpful. The hostel is slightly hidden, but once found it's in an ideal location for everything!

• 24th Jul 2015

Staff were so friendly and helpful!

Great location, all the reviews we read was our great the staff were and all but one was. The lady was more concerned with her tv show--she actually shusshed us! The rest of the staff were very helpful and friendly though. Rooms were nice, they are currently renovating and tons of movies to lounge and watch!

Security is lacking. Gate is locked at night and the sleeping receptionist wakes up to let you in, but they don't verify you are staying there. Locks on room didn't work. They take your passport for stay. Beds are squeaky cheap metal. A/C in room is underpowered and strategically placed to only blow on one bed. Stairwell is littered with dirty sheets and construction material. Bathroom floor downstairs is wet due to staff taking showers and not cleaning floor. Staff is nice and price is right.

Great experience at Saigon! Staff was helpful, tours were booked easily. Rooms are spacious and clean. Free breakfast in the mornings. Make sure to book a free walking tour that will pick you up from the hostel as well! Good hostel if you're looking for a place that's not too noisy and out of the partying area.

Best hostel. They have bigger than normal beds (that are comfy), very nice staff that book everything for you, good sir con and have the comfiest couch with a million preloaded movies on it. Also he breakfast is the BEST AND INCLUDED. best hostel ever. Stay here or be sorry

Lovely place, staff were 50/50. Some were willing to help and sort any issues while some were quite rude. Nice area for chilling and watching films. Wifi a bit poor on the top floor, where I stayed. And our door locked from the inside whenever we closed it, which caused a few issues with people being locked inside. Cleanliness was good. Would say it's a good place to stay but there are other good places in Saigon for a similar price.

Very good hotel, good Value for money

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Super friendly staff. Close enough to the main backpacker street so easy to get back. It was nice coming into a clean room. Not really a lot of social space, but the pool table was a nice touch. Crappy wifi if you're on the top floor.

• 20th Jun 2015

Staff are nice

Very helpful and accommodating staff. :) They speak good english. They assist you in choosing package tours.

Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Value for money.

The 4 bed room dorm was way too small for four people, with almost no space to breath! We had two huge cockroaches in this tiny space... The communal area is kinda poor, one old sofa and fans that are not on unless you ask to turn them on. Plus, too much to climb :) (only one room in each floor)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7