Sailship Soeverein Reviews

Sumatrakade, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Everything was how we expected, the ship was a really good experience. The only thing is there is no Wifi on the boat...

• 28th Mar 2015

Nice week end on this boat. I was afraid to take the room because of the negative comment about the location but the boat was at the adress and it was cool to be on a boat (change from a standard hostel). The room are small but for me it doesn't matter, the free breakfast was good. You have to take the ferry to go to the center but it's only 5 min of ferry (1 ferry every 5 or 8min 24/24 7/7), and the ferry is 100m from the boat. I will go back there if I return to amsterdam !

booked last minute, amazingly comfortable beds, fantastic breakfast and hosts. no WIFI, no lock on the inside of the door.

Great location. Right next to the central station. The staff were amazing. Very welcoming and catered to every need. Fantastic lounge area for socialising. Wouldn't think twice about coming back.

• 21st Mar 2015

It was a great location! So close to the city center and still a unique place to sleep. Very friendly owners. Overall a very pleasant stay. I'll definitly go back if I'm in Amsterdam again.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

*STRONGLY RECOMMENDED* Initially, we were hesitant to book this hostel because of the number of negative reviews and since we were afraid ferries wouldnt leave at night. But it was the best decision to book it! It is where you expect it: Buiksloterweg 9, less then 10 mins away from the station & and ferries operate 24/7 either each 4 or 8 minutes. The inside is amazing, the host most welcoming, up for a chat and flexible and we had an absolutely great stay. Jo, Kristin, Lukas

• 24th Jan 2015