Sailship Soeverein Reviews

Sumatrakade, Amsterdam, Netherlands

it was a great experience to be staying on a ship!

• 19th Apr 2014

Prior to landing in Amsterdam, my travel companion and I double checked the information provided that leads you to the actual ship. Finding the free ferries outside of Central Station was a breeze however after two hours of aimless walking, asking locals and workers in nearby restaurants, we were beginning to get a bit hasty. We decided to stop and call the number provided only for it to lead to a disgruntled woman. Don't stay with them, we believe this ship and the comments to be a scam.

• 17th Apr 2014

Absolutly perfect !

• 22nd Mar 2014

It is not easy to find it. They changed recently the location and the new adress iis not written in all the browser. Good atmosphere, staff

Just awesome!

• 30th Mar 2013

What an interesting and unique experience to stay on a ship. The ship rocked back and forth all night, but it was not bad and didn't interrupt my sleep. I definitely would stay again

The owners and family were superb! They took care of everyone on the ship while I visited. My friends and I arrived just in time for New Years and everyone was so friendly and hospitable! I felt like I was visiting family! Thanks so much for an amazing vacation. These owners go way beyond to help any guest in need! Amazing pirate ship too! Make sure you get a room with a view and ventilation in the rooms are lacking but I would definitely stay here again. Location is average, 15min from center.

• 31st Dec 2012

next time new years eve untill 10 am please!!!!!!!!!! thank you for every thing, you were very generous to us!

• 31st Dec 2012

Excellent hostel, excellente staff, the boat its awsome, the price, if i come back to Amsterdam i defenitly stay here

We enjoyed our one night stay on the ship a lot. The breakfast was great, the host Gerard was very friendly and hospitable, and the place has character. We booked a double cabin, and so expected a double bed, rather than two single beds. It would have been much better to actually have a double bed, or at least have one of those bed joiner mat things that transforms two single beds in to a double bed. There was no way to lock the door while we were inside the cabin.

With noone else staying there for the majority of the time we were there, we were put in the smallest room and as you walk down the hall you could see all the rooms that were empty and had a bit more space to move. The linen and the common area smelt musty and smoky. Overall, it was an uncomfortable and crowded stay.

Very very good place to sleep,captain is very welcoming and funny :)

The boat is very impressive. Breakfast was excellent and will give you energy until dinner time. The location it's a bit distant from the city centre, however a regular bus connects the Central station with the boat, so it's not a big issue if you know which bus to take. We just thought the bedrooms were a bit too small and simple furnished for being considered a luxury accomodation. The staff should tell you are invited to seat in the big living room even if they also use it (we felt awckard).

• 10th Nov 2012
  • Spain

The ship takes around 20 minutes to walk to from central but its nice. We really enjoyed our stay. The bus stopp is right outside when you want to go into the city and we never took the bus going out, but we saw the stop 100 meters from the boat. Cozy.

• 2nd Nov 2012
  • Sweden

The ship didn't arrive at the scheduled time and its on java Eiland (where there's literally nothing to do). I would recommend you to spend a little extra money and stay somewhere with a real address and with a staff that respects your time.

• 18th May 2012

Internet would be great

• 4th Apr 2012
  • All Male Group, 18-24

A lot of character, and very friendly staff. We had the whole boat for the three of us, it was a very pleasant stay :)

• 24th Mar 2012

We couldn't stay on this ship because of technical problems. We were put on another ship (Flying Dutchman) which was great. So I can't review the Sailship Soeverein.

What a place! The pirate ship rocks. The management were so helpful. This was one of those exceptional places where I stayed. Smoking is also allowed on the deck. I like that and you are gonna like that too.... The place is 5mins from Central Station and Bus station is next to the ship. Verdict - Must stay here.

Staff was always very nice, really enjoyed our stay. Very good location. No daily cleaning of the rooms, though.

View all Amsterdam Bed and Breakfasts