Sailship Soeverein Reviews

Sumatrakade, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great place to stay. Staff are very welcoming and nice. Rooms are ok but the lack of air getting into the room means it gets very hot fast and makes it impossible to sleep (but why would you want to when your on a ship). The staff had no problem with us bringing drink in and keeping it in their fridge.

Everything was how we expected, the ship was a really good experience. The only thing is there is no Wifi on the boat...

• 28th Mar 2015

Nice week end on this boat. I was afraid to take the room because of the negative comment about the location but the boat was at the adress and it was cool to be on a boat (change from a standard hostel). The room are small but for me it doesn't matter, the free breakfast was good. You have to take the ferry to go to the center but it's only 5 min of ferry (1 ferry every 5 or 8min 24/24 7/7), and the ferry is 100m from the boat. I will go back there if I return to amsterdam !

booked last minute, amazingly comfortable beds, fantastic breakfast and hosts. no WIFI, no lock on the inside of the door.

Great location. Right next to the central station. The staff were amazing. Very welcoming and catered to every need. Fantastic lounge area for socialising. Wouldn't think twice about coming back.

• 21st Mar 2015

It was a great location! So close to the city center and still a unique place to sleep. Very friendly owners. Overall a very pleasant stay. I'll definitly go back if I'm in Amsterdam again.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

*STRONGLY RECOMMENDED* Initially, we were hesitant to book this hostel because of the number of negative reviews and since we were afraid ferries wouldnt leave at night. But it was the best decision to book it! It is where you expect it: Buiksloterweg 9, less then 10 mins away from the station & and ferries operate 24/7 either each 4 or 8 minutes. The inside is amazing, the host most welcoming, up for a chat and flexible and we had an absolutely great stay. Jo, Kristin, Lukas

• 24th Jan 2015

the adresse was wrong and it was hard to find the place!

• 15th Nov 2014

It's good, but the location changes,

• China

We spent five hours trying to find this hostel. We called, we went to three different addresses, we walked all around and talked to three tourist offices and two other ship owners. We are not sure if this is a scam, but DON'T book this hostel. I'm very upset about the money lost on this, and it lead to us being left in Amsterdam sleeping three to a twin bed while two of us were sick.

• 8th Nov 2014

Went to the location specified on the boat but the boat wasn't there! Called and emailed but I recieved no response. Is this a scam!?!

The address was incorrect!!!! How are you suppose to get there if the address is not right???? Unacceptable. Unacceptable!!!!!

• Argentina

it was a great experience to be staying on a ship!

• 19th Apr 2014

Prior to landing in Amsterdam, my travel companion and I double checked the information provided that leads you to the actual ship. Finding the free ferries outside of Central Station was a breeze however after two hours of aimless walking, asking locals and workers in nearby restaurants, we were beginning to get a bit hasty. We decided to stop and call the number provided only for it to lead to a disgruntled woman. Don't stay with them, we believe this ship and the comments to be a scam.

• 17th Apr 2014

Absolutly perfect !

• 22nd Mar 2014

It is not easy to find it. They changed recently the location and the new adress iis not written in all the browser. Good atmosphere, staff

Just awesome!

• 30th Mar 2013

What an interesting and unique experience to stay on a ship. The ship rocked back and forth all night, but it was not bad and didn't interrupt my sleep. I definitely would stay again

The owners and family were superb! They took care of everyone on the ship while I visited. My friends and I arrived just in time for New Years and everyone was so friendly and hospitable! I felt like I was visiting family! Thanks so much for an amazing vacation. These owners go way beyond to help any guest in need! Amazing pirate ship too! Make sure you get a room with a view and ventilation in the rooms are lacking but I would definitely stay here again. Location is average, 15min from center.

• 31st Dec 2012

next time new years eve untill 10 am please!!!!!!!!!! thank you for every thing, you were very generous to us!

• 31st Dec 2012