Saint James Backpackers Reviews

21 Longridge Road, London, England

Great hostel, Friendly staff, and good facilities in terms of kitchen bathrooms and the garden at the back. The hostel is easy to get to from the tube station, and there were locker boxes. Breakfast was also really good, with many cereals, toast and condiments and there were also boiled eggs one morning which was an added bonus! The only down side I found was that the lounge was more crowded in the evenings and reading lights for each bed would be helpful! Also I enjoyed playing with the cat!

I very much enjoyed my stay at the hostel and extended it for another night. It's friendly, lively, clean and also has a good spacious garden with plenty of benches and a beautiful tree in the middle. The resident cat and black and white dog are a lovely additiion!

• 8th Apr 2014

We've stayed in 8 persons dorm with a group of friends. The hostel has a great location, good facilities and fantastic, open and helpful staff. Excellent value for money!

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Very nice place, well located. Loved to stay there! :)

Very pleasant place to stay.

Room dirty.The wardrobe without doors and drawers broken.Not even a chair in the room!Sheets weren´t changed in seven days.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Spain

The rooms are noisy during night. Every person walking around can be heard from anywhere in the hostel. Internet does not work in the rooms are work very poorly in the lobby, maybe it was just a temporary thing. This is not their fault, but during the night, a drunk guy woke up everyone in the room thinking someone was in his bed. Turns out, he was in the wrong room. But the staff was called and had to turn on the lights to check the bed numbers. Not the worst hostel I stayed but not the best.

I was satisfied with the staff. The room was acceptable, however, I would have liked some more furniture in the room (1-2 shelves and/or a bedside at least). Also in my opinion, you should be more careful with the cleaning of the rooms (floor, corners etc). The bathroom seemed clear, but it was a bit disappointing, that it was two floors away from us.

really enjoyed the stay! Very clean! nice breakfast!

• 17th Mar 2014

We did like the location with many nice restaurants around as well as a supermarket & the nearby tube station. Still - we had booked the three bunk beds room of which the door unfortunately could not be locked properly. It was possible to open it even if it was locked by simply leaning against it with some pressure. This should be fixed as soon as possible.. Cleanliness was average for a London hostel & the atmosphere was quite nice. Breakfast could be improved. Great for a short stay!

• 14th Mar 2014

It was very comfortable and welcoming. They also had a very lovable cat which I adored. Very clean and perfect in all ways. It was a shared bathroom but the showers were much nicer then other Hostels I had stayed at.

Our dormitory room for 4 persons was on the 4th floor and there was no lift ! The staircase was very steep and narrow. It would be ideal if this was stated in the description so that folks are aware of the height of this room.....when they come with 3 or 4 luggage bags !

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Singapore

The staff were very friendly and the place was kept very clean. It was a very homely atmosphere.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • India

A few small hooks on the wall to put towels to dry and some clothes would be easy.

• 24th Feb 2014
  • Belgium
  • All Female Group, 41+

Great! We loved the private room (double bed, en suite) B, the joint facilities and the garden. We loved the food, Dana at the reception, the cat. Actually, we loved everything there and will come back again and again and again. I am so happy - finally I found my backpackers hotel in London. :)

Just awful. Most hostels seem to strive to make your life as uncomfortable as possible and St James is no exception. It's dirty, loud and just generally disgusting. I have stayed in many hostels and you can't expect any luxury but this is the lower end of the scale. The worst thing are the hostel 'residents', i.e. the homeless people who live in this place and think they can just behave like they want without consideration for the people who should actually stay in hostels, so the holiday makers

• 18th Feb 2014

The double bed was very comfortable, wifi good, nice breakfast, clean bathrooms, warm showers, friendly atmosphere!

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This hostel was very friendly and clean. They were a great help to me in extending my trip and i never had any problems with noise beyond what you would expect being in the city. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 11th Feb 2014

The only critique I have concerns the kitchen facilities. A few more knifes and peelers would be great if one wants too cook something more complicated than just microwave food.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

Overall, it was quite okay. However, we expected a lot more from a hostel that's not really cheap. As value for money, the cleanliness wasn't to brag about either. Other than that, everything was rather fine, especially the staff whom were very friendly and cooperative.

• 5th Feb 2014