Saint James Backpackers Reviews

21 Longridge Road, London, England

Staff really rude really unhelpful. Also aggressive. My mum had pre paid my booking and was also told it was ok to leave our bags for an hour on checkout there would be no charge. My mother arrived at 11am and was told she had to pay for our bags as it was after 10. Mum had arrived at 10 but as the queue was out the door to Check in she went away and came back. After much negotiation she was allowed to take our bags FOC. Reception staff were rude unfriendly . Would not stay there again

• 7th Sep 2014

A Club is nearby, which is good for when you're bored on a weekend night ;)

• 6th Sep 2014

A clean, modern hostel with friendly staff - located 5 minutes from Earls Court Tube. Chelsea FC, and the Natural History Museum are within walking distance. Saint James has a courtyard at the back, and good kitchen facilities. I would stay her again.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Sweden

The breakfast was a great addition to the stay and the showers and bathrooms were very well kept and clean.

• 24th Aug 2014

I had a great stay! Great location, room and other facilities. I appreciated the activities they had each night, and the staff was very helpful. I would stay again!

I have to make a comment about the bathrooms, they smelt absolutely terrible. Management really needs to address this. At first I thought it was messy guests but the bathroom smelt consistently bad the whole time and it was almost unbearable to use them.

Very clean with great facilities and super helpful staff.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Wales

convenience access to various supermarket, restaurant, bar and transportation. very ftiendly staff and clean environment. staff clean the kitchen and toilet very regular. Valuable money with good quality. i highly recommend for short and long term stay if you are travelling or just move to London.

The staff were so helpful! Super friendly and willing to take time to call and set up a car rental service for my younger sister and I. The temple bar area is really lively and barnacles is situated near many of the main sights of Dublin! It does get a little rowdy and loud at night so if you're looking for somewhere quiet maybe consider somewhere else.

The staff is super friendly an the hostel is situated in a very cool environment. The rooms are a bit dusty and the matresses are too soft. The breakfast is quite small (toast,eggs and jam). The bathrooms could be cleaner...all in all quite cool hostel :)

• 4th Aug 2014

Would've been nice to know that all they have is bunkbeds. I visited with my girlfriend so that was a bit of a disappointment but altogether a good stay for this price.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Overall good, however the Wifi very difficult to connect with IPhone 4s and I've to switch to another wifi depending where am I in the hostel.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

We were satisfied with St James Backpackers. Especially the staff was very friendly and helpful. Just one thing: maybe also clean under the bed before new visitors arrive. It was quite dusty and dirty.

• 31st Jul 2014

Great service, wifi was great. All plugs worked. Nice beds, pillows and blankets. Strange guy was hanging around for a bit, and the staff removed him immediately! Excellent staff, considerate, and helpful.

Although the Hostel is in a neighborhood far from the main touristic attractions like the big ben (30 min of underground/ 2 hours of walk), it's a calm neighborhood, where the atmosphere is really cool. Almost everynight I was there, a guy would play guitar in the garden. Free computer use, which is really useful sometimes. The employees are helpful and chill. We enjoyed our stay and would come back.

• 28th Jul 2014

We were very satisfied. I recommend this hostel.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

The hostel was in an ok location, close to the tube in a wealthy neighbourhood. The staff was not nice at all, except for one nice young woman, the common room was ok but the bedroom was cold and the beds were very squeaky and shook a lot.

Showers were a bit cramped, no air con in the room (making sleeping somewhat problematic due to how hot it was on the day) and the floors were creaking all over the place. Breakfast was very basic. Would stay again in a pinch, but not again if something else is available in the area.

We were very comfortable here. Nice that it was close to a tube station but off the main street so quiet.

Good hostel, wifi was poor though and didn't work in the rooms. Good out door area

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6