Saint James Backpackers Reviews

21 Longridge Road, London, England

I was already really positive about St James before even going there due to following them on Instagram and the like. My stay there comfirmed the positiveness. Really nice people, really nice vibe, everything you might want in a hostel-stay. Making your own breakfast is awesome. The only remark I have is the light in the hall which stayed on the entire night. Besides that, I'd so recommend it to friends and will most certainly come back!

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

Thanks for everything, Saint James! As a solo female traveller I felt secure and welcome. My only criticism was that the metal bunkbeds in my dorm room were a bit creaky and I was worried about disturbing people when I got up early on Sunday.

I was one night at Saint James and it was amazing. The staff was friendly, it was no problem to arrive and to depart fror there (3 min. from Earls Court away). The price is ok, for London and this Location more than fair. The facilities are clean and they have a very big common space. I will definetly come back again on my next trip to london

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Austria

I stayed here for one night as a quick stopover in between trains. I found it to be a little pricey, but considering it's in London and centrally located, it wasn't too outrageous. The facilities are very well-maintained, the hostel felt safe and the staff was helpful. The location is awesome-- lots of restaurants, a Sainsbury's and shops are an easy walk from the hostel, and it's a three-minute walk to the Earl's Court underground station, which makes it easy to get around the city.

I had an awful experience with this hostel as they cancelled our reservation a few weeks before the date as they had double booked the room. Not only were they completely rude about it, they did not offer any help in finding a further place to stay.

• 31st Dec 2014

arriving late

Very expensive for what is offered.. the room was very small for 8 beds.. the staff was friendly, but not very helpful.. they charged us 2 pounds per bag for leaving the bags there for few hours after checking-out.. they announced activities such as pubcrawl, special breakfast and others on the website and on papers along the walls, but didn't even seem to know about them.. they didn't tell us about the closed stations on the metro and etc.. it wasn't thaaat bad, but I would rather find somethin

This hostel was in a great location- close to the tube, two grocery stores close by and a variety of restaurants. It was very clean.

• 21st Dec 2014

Hello, we're glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. We pride our self in being of the coziest and cleanest hostels in London. Can't wait to have you stay with us next time you're in the city. All the best, the team at Saint James Backpackers Hostel.

I stayed only one night but I enjoyed every minute. It's warm and pleasant. They have a huge TV screen and a play station 4, which is cool. It's a nice and clean place. I will definitely recommended.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Romania

Hello, we are thrilled you had an exceptional stay with us! We are always trying to ensure our guests have the best hostel experience staying with us!! We appreciate the kind words and can't wait to see you next time you're in London!! Enjoy the rest of your travels! The team at Saint James Backpackers Hostel.

Saint james is a good a hostel, nevertheless it is still a hostel. Los points were the noise (for which they provide ear plugs) and the bathroom on the day we arrived, which was nonetheless relatively clean on the other days. Nevertheless staff was helpful and friendly and the breakfast offered in the morning is a big plus! Overall I would recommend staying at saint james!

• 15th Dec 2014

Hello, we're sorry you found our hostel noisy. We have a strict noise policy where no guest is allowed to make noise after 11pm. Should you stay with us again please inform one of our staff members and we will ensure there is no noise near any of the rooms. Hope to see you here again next time you're in London! Lots of love from the team at Saint James Backpackers Hostel. Thanks again for your stay and have a great festive season!

Good hostel for those willing to pay a little extra for: good wifi, included breakfast, large spacious rooms, clean bathrooms and kitchen, movies-on-demand foxtel, etc. The front desk staff were generally very good, apart from the guy on Sunday who packed my bag up without telling me!

Great people and vibes. Very close to the underground (subway system) so you can get anywhere quick. There are lots of great eateries and pubs just a minute walk away as well. Steffi makes the best breakfast in town! So make sure you're nice to her! ;) Overall, nice little hostel. Showers are a bit small, but it is clean and there is a nice lounge area with a HUGE tv and free computer use. Would definitely stay again.

• 13th Dec 2014

Hello, we're glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. Our staff is always here to help whenever you need it! Be assured your nice words have been shared with the entire team. We pride our self in being of the coziest and cleanest hostels in London. Can't wait to have you stay with us next time you're in the city. All the best, the team at Saint James Backpackers Hostel.

Amazing place! Loved my stay here. Great wifi, amazing atmosphere, friendly staff! Close to tube and in a safe area. Would definitely go back!

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Saint James Backpackers Hostel! It is always a pleasure for us to make sure our guests are having a good time in London. We will be glad to welcome you again!

Muy muy muy ruidoso!!

Hostel was in a great location. The lockers were big enough for most important stuff. Overall a very safe hostel. Yet it was crazy expensive and kind of gross. There was mold growing in the showers and the bathrooms aren't on every floor. Its London so it will be expensive but it is extremely unlikely that I will stay there again. to expensive for the painfully average facilities

We've only stayed at the hostel for a night, came late and left early, nevertheless we enjoyed every bit of our stay! The hostel staff is lovely and very helpful, the hostel is clean and the atmosphere is brilliant! Would definitely recommend it, especially for stays longer than a day, as it just feels so good - there is a common area with technology and couches so quite a perfect place to meet new people!

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Slovenia

This is the best hostel (out of 7) that I have yet stayed in London. Friendly staff and the dining and living areas are nice. London is not the place for value for money accommodation, but I have stayed in a couple of dives. This hostel is actually reasonably nice.

I stayed in November and loved this place. The location was central ( I walked up to the 3 nearby museums). The atmosphere was friendly and there are social activities laid on at night. On the night I stayed they were showing the new X Men movie and gave out free crisps, popcorn and beer. That's a first for me in a hostel:) The breakfast was delicious ( cooked bacon, eggs, etc). Staff were helpful. The place was clean. Next time in London I will definitely come back.

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Romania

The only problem I saw was with the bathrooms. I was with my female friend and she felt very uncomfortable using the bathroom with men. Simple solution - one bathroom for males and one for females.

Cramped, *triple* bunk in a small room. Bunk was damaged, all three levels of the steel bunk were bent and the mattress sagged into the hollow of the bunks. Toilets and shower cubicles were tiny, you had to stand in the shower to open the door to get out. Grossly overpriced. I paid through the nose although in part because I wanted a private at short notice. The area is good, close to Earl's Court tube, close to pubs and shopping, The included breakfast was a bonus. Tiny kitchen.

« first « Prev 1 2 3