Saint James Backpackers Reviews

21 Longridge Road, London, England

Cheap-ish enough. I mean, after all, it's London! But it would be highly appreciated that they kept the bathroom cleaner and its door closed. The smell of $#%# can be smelled in the rooms.

Great hostel.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

This was a terrible hostel especially for the price they are asking. The staff are so rude and the beds were dirty. Toilets and showers were even worse!! DONT STAY HERE

• 9th Aug 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Looking at your booking you arrived at the hostel at the period when we offered our lowest prices and got the most staff in service as it is a busy period of summer. We took your comments on board. We are a family run backpacker hostel and not a hotel. We give basic comfort at a low budget in a prime location. Also our staff are 24/7 at your service as the reception in case of problem. If you would have been reporting any trouble our staff would have help.

I was very disappointed in this hostel. While the location is decent, the hostel was not clean at all. The bathroom smelled so terrible that the smell carried up to our room and the third floor, and I found it to be unusable. The woman at reception was not very helpful, and there was a 3% charge to use a credit card to pay. Overall, I did not feel that the pictures accurately displayed the accommodation and this was way overpriced for what you get.

• 7th Aug 2015

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry our hostel didnt reach your expectations, we are a backpacker hostel and very busy during summer season as we welcome 110 guests per night. Apologise if in peak hour you could enjoy the bathrooms as it was busy. And your needs didn't fit in our cleaning schedule. In uk there is a charge of 3% for credit cards as any other private business.

The bedrooms were nice and clean and you had a big security box with key that can fit a lot of stuff. There were plenty of bathrooms and showers, but sadly they weren't very clean so I actually skipped showering. The staff were superfriendly, the kitchen was big and modern and the commonroom were nice. Netflix and computer was a nice surprise! I really loved the big backyard which were so nice to be in. Close to the subway and in a nice area. I will most definitely stay there again.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Hello and thank you for your amazing review. We are happy you enjoy the hostel :) We are sorry if the bathroom didn't reach your expectations as we are very busy in the summer in pick hour those can get busy. We have 3 cleaners a day on site! Still dont hesitate to come back it will be a pleasure to welcome you again :) Enjoy summer.

I really loved everything except the bathrooms, I'm not sure why they were so smelly the whole time, because it seemed like there was always someone in the process of cleaning them, to no avail. The rest of the hostel was spotless too. Thank you!

• 1st Aug 2015

Thank you for your review! WE ARE HAPPY YOU ENJOYED THE HOSTEL!! and sorry if our bathrooms didn't meet your expectations, in those cases please come to reception to report about the bathrooms so we can take actions and accommodate you better :) See you next time in London! All the best!

Excellent, friendly staff and great amenities (especially the TV and netflix!)

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Lithuania

Hello and thank you for taking time to write us a review. We are very happy you enjoy the place and area. Be sure next TIME you are in London to come back to us :) it will be nice to see you again! Enjoy summer!

Very comfortable. Feel at home.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • China

Hello and thank you you for writing us a review. As at home you will always be welcome ;)

Arriving from Hearrow is the easiest, just get in Picadilly and stop in Earls Court. The staff was wonderful,I enjoyed really good chats and were willing to help. Outside there is a open air common room which was calm and apparently you could make barbecues (there was a grill) Only downside...the wooden floors cracked a lot and it was really obvious when someone was passing by your room. Also my bed was kind of stiff, I had to find the sweet spot so I could sleep well. Overall a good hostel.

Hello, we are pleased you enjoy the hostel and will forward your kind words to the staff :) we apologize if a few details didn't reach your expectations, but we took your comments on board! WISHING YOU A LOVELY SUMMER!!! All the best!

Mattresses in 8 bed mixed are old and springy which is a shame because the rest of the place is great. Kitchen well-stocked. Good wifi. Central location, only 5min walk from tube. For the location and facilities, the place is great value. However, unless you're a deep sleeper, you might find yourself waking up every time you turn over in the night.

Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed St James and sorry to hear our mattresses didn't reach your expectations, We try to accommodate traveller at low budget and give the best of our services. We took your comments on board and will strive for better! Have a good summer!

Its a nice hostel. Good location. Its not cheap

Hello and thank you for your review. We are please you enjoyed St James :) Still our rates reflects the season , summer season in London is busy. But next time you come be sure to get 10% discount on your next stay when you show us this review :) Enjoy summer!

Clean the bathrooms better adjust the doors so they don't constantly slam and if there are people running through the halls take care of it before people have to take care of it themselves

• 20th Jul 2015

Really good base for a few days in the heart of London. Relatively basic amenities, but that was exactly what I was looking for, and it was excellent value considering the central location. Would not hesitate to book again.

• 18th Jul 2015

Thank you for writing us a review. We are pleased you could enjoy your time at the hostel and like the area. Please feel free to come back anytime when you are in London! enjoy summer!

Terrific location four blocks from the Earls Court tube station, lots of affordable restaurants around, a Sainsbury grocery store at the corner, very safe area. The hostel itself was only ok - clean but some of the bathrooms smelled powerfully of sewers, making them unusable. If you are staying in a dorm room, bring earplugs, as the metal bunk beds are extremely creaky (I suppose I should have expected that when I saw earplugs for sale at the check-in desk). Staff members are very nice.

Hello and thank you for writing us a review :) We apologise as we are in a busy period the hostel is pushed at its limits as we are fully booked most of the time. Still we are happy your enjoyed the hostel, staff and location :)

Place felt very businessy. Not really a fan of hostels like that. The staff also felt like they didn't want to be there and meh. Didn't help that the people I shared a dorm with had never heard of the word "shower" before as I could smell the cigarettes and must as soon as they opened the door. Overall experience wasn't good. I've only stayed in 4 hostels in my life and I have to say, this one ranks the lowest.

I had some narly stains in my bed sheets and the toilet facilities weren't very clear. However the atmosphere was good, with friendly staff and a very decent free breakfast.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hello, we are happy you enjoy the hostel and our staff. We are sorry if the cleanliness didn't reach your expectations. Still we hope to see you again in London!

The bathrooms were disgusting, not spacious and sharing with so many people that was necessary. But then I didn't even want to take a shower in there. The beds were too many to a room for a hostel that seemed more for people staying longer terms while looking for flats or jobs. And the beds creaked if you even moved a foot.

Hello and thank you for your review. We are sorry if our hostel didn't reach your expectations. We try our best to accommodate backpackers with low budget and offer a ''home away from home''. Also know that in summer it is very busy and the showers at pick hours are also. We are sorry if you fall into those hours and couldn't enjoy the hostel. We took in consideration your comments and strive for better thank you!

The environment was excellent. Open enough that if you were willing to open up a discussion with someone in the hostel you could, but also small enough that if you were too tired you could always go to sleep in a quiet room. The evenings could get pretty loud in the common rooms, but once you were upstairs in the bedroom area, it was silent which was really appreciated.

Hello and thank you for your amazing review! We are pleased you enjoyed the hostel and got time to meet nice people. As well as enjoying the quiet areas. Also you are always welcome to back when you pass by London

There was a bit of funny smell from the bathrooms and they really need a bit of an update. It seemed that some things were falling apart. But the offered heaps of entertainment and the staff were friendly. The location is great. and for the price I would go there again

• 27th Jun 2015

Hello and thank you to write us a review! We are happy you enjoyed the hostel and the staff and sorry the bathrooms didn't reach you expectations. We have to do some extra work on it in fact, but as busy period right now we can not plan any work on those areas. This winter for sure! ;) Have a lovely summer and see you soon!

Reasonably priced, and convenient location. The staff I encountered were pleasant, and there are many amenities. They do need more showers and better plumbing, but this is London. The hostel is a mix of holiday-makers and people in town looking for work. It can get really noisy, especially in the common areas, so I suggest bringing some earplugs if you need to work on something or are a light sleeper.

Thank you for taking time to write us a review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay at the hostel and will forward your kind words to the staff :) We have the plan to change the bathrooms and toilets, but as it is a busy period we can not get this done in summer. But this winter we will make changes in order to improve our amenities. We are happy to welcome long term guests and backpackers, they make all the atmosphere of the hostel! Than you again and all the best!

« first « Prev 1 2 3