Saint James Backpackers Reviews

21 Longridge Road, London, England

The sleeping areas were nice, the atmosphere in the kitchen and dining area was really friendly, and the TV area was really cool! And the wifi worked excellently

• 4th Apr 2015

A very lively, atmosphere. Staff was very helpful and accommodating, for the most part.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Barbados

You need a code to enter the building and there is always someone sitting at the desk so I never felt insecure. In addition, they provide a lock box and key that was big enough for my backpack (normal size, not a travelers backpack) and belongings. It is located several blocks from the Kings Cross tube station (less than a 5 minute walk) and on the street that runs perpendicular there are many restaurantes and cafes.. The staff were helpful and even contacted a cab for me!

Hi Claudia! Thank you for your awesome review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay :) be sure to pop at reception to say hello anytime your are back in London! All the best ;)

They location was really excellent - so close to the tube station, and with a Sainsbury's on the corner, it was perfect. The staff were lovely and cheerful, and the communal areas were nice and welcoming. The showers were a little dirty on occasion, but I think it was more to do with the volume of people using them, rather than the cleaning!

Thank you for this lovely review! We are glad that you enjoy the time with us, sorry to hear about the showers but we always striving to deliver the best services to our guest! We really hope to welcome you again in our Hostel!:D

Nice house clean,One Big living area. there have tv and computer .but the room is small so you have no where to sit .or you can do anything on your bed:)

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Thank you for your review, we are happy to welcome you and that you enjoyed your stay with us :) The size of our rooms and number of beds is determined to answer the high demand, also we are a family run Backpacker hostel , our accommodations are basic but the atmosphere is there ;)

Awesome place to stay, has a good vibe to it

• 1st Mar 2015

Thank you for your words! Its a pleasure to welcome guests and travellers as well as sharing the good atmosphere at St James!

Hygiene is very bad, for example there is no any garbage bin in the room with sinks. Breakfast is especially bad and with poor hygiene standards - in a bacon I noticed remains of a paper...

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Hungary

Hello thank you for taking time to write a review about our hostel. We have bins in every rooms as well as they are emptied everyday during your stay. We offer a home-made English Breakfast and we are sorry if it doesn't reach your expectations. Also note we are a backpackers hostel offering accommodations at good standards :)

St. James hostel is very good at customer service from helping to organize a taxi to providing games for the residents. The location is also very convenient as it is a 5 minute walk from a main Underground Station. My only critique for St. James is that I have had equal or better accommodations at other hostels for cheaper. Key's were extra, breakfast was extra, etc. The accommodations were good, just expensive. Over all, St. James was a positive experience.

Hello and thank you for your comments! We are happy you enjoy your stay with us. We take in consideration your critique about the price, which is determined in function of our availabilities but also season as well as our Location: Earls Court. For the key we ask a deposit which is a SECURITY deposit. We welcome a big amount of travellers we like to keep the property safe and make people aware of it. FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST is £5....PS4,MOVIES,BOARD GAMES AND GUITAR are free of charge :)

Very clean, I always saw someone cleaning up the restrooms. The shower stalls are super tiny but it was fine since I was only in London for the weekend. It's only a 5 minute walk from Earl's Court Station, which is really nice since it's in Zone 1 and a majority of trains pass through there. All in all it was a good deal for the money, good location, and a very sociable atmosphere. There was even a free pub crawl.

• 26th Feb 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to write us an awesome review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. See you next time you're in the city!! Lots of love from Saint James Backpackers Hostel!

While booking through hostel world, I had selected a check in time of 9am but on arrival I was told I could not check in until 3pm. Even then, I was left almost asleep at their dining table until 3.15pm before I was checked in. As I'd travelled to london very early, I was exhausted. During my stay the staff also seemed more interested in their full time guests other than their weekend / short stay guests. Occupied rooms were left unlocked while some beds in shared rooms were being changed.

• 20th Feb 2015

Sorry our hostel didn't reach your expectations. Our policy allows new guests into the rooms only after 3pm. Our long term guests make all the sphere at the hostel and our live-in staff is at your service 24/7 to advise you, help you to get around London as well as cleaning the rooms for you everyday between 10am and 3pm so you may feel at home and comfy ;) While cleaning the rooms, the cleaners close the door after them always, but they need well to transfer the sheets and products

Nice TV and PS4 with FIFA. It would be fantastic with some more controllers, so more than 2 people can play at a time. Staff was not very nice.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We will take in consideration your suggestion for the controllers! Sorry to hear that the staff didn't reach your expectation. We are constantly striving to improve our services, being helpful as much as possible! Thanks again for your stay.

Very kind staff. Nice hotel. Absolutely good opinion about it

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Saint James Backpackers Hostel! It is always a pleasure for us to make sure our guests are having a good time in London. We will be glad to welcome you again!

Very nice Hostel, well-located close to the metro station "Earl's Court", within walking distance to Hyde-Park, the National History Museum, shops, restaurants.... Comfortable and cosy living room, clean kitchen, beautiful little terrasse to sit outside & enjoy some fresh air; clean rooms, very lovely, friendly, welcoming staff.

Hello, we're glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. Our staff is always here to help whenever you need it! We pride our self in being of the coziest and cleanest hostels in London. Can't wait to have you stay with us next time you're in the city. All the best, the team at Saint James Backpackers Hostel.

First time in London, and first good experience. I have been to many hostels, and this is the hostel in which everybody was friendly. I have done many friends in a few days. Clean, very close to the centre, quiet... Although the kitchen was a little bit small, it was enough. Good value for money! Hope being there next time again :)

I stayed in a private room, i have stayed in hostels round the World, this hostel meets standards. i liked the fact that you can Watch a Movie of your choice, the tube location n shops are spot on. the manners in which the staffs tell you to wash the dishes is the only reason my son n i will not come back to stay for a week as initially planned before heading to the US.

SaintJames is your home away from home but there are house rules to make everyone's stay as smooth as possible. As you're aware one policy is that all guests wash their dishes after cooking. Unfortunately you persistently chose to leave the kitchen in a state so when the next guest came to use the kitchen they had to clean up your mess first. When we politely reminded you of this you chose to treat us to a diva tantrum involving threatening language to our staff resulting in a hostel ban:(

The room was small which is fine, but it was also in a desperate need of a chair or two.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Poland

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Sorry to hear we didn’t reach your expectations regarding the presence of chairs in the room but we have taken your comments on board and are constantly striving to improve our services. We are now in the process of acquiring more chairs for this room. Thanks again for your stay.

I was already really positive about St James before even going there due to following them on Instagram and the like. My stay there comfirmed the positiveness. Really nice people, really nice vibe, everything you might want in a hostel-stay. Making your own breakfast is awesome. The only remark I have is the light in the hall which stayed on the entire night. Besides that, I'd so recommend it to friends and will most certainly come back!

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you for sharing your experience at Saint James Backpackers Hostel! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Be assured your nice words have been shared with the entire team. Hope to welcome you back soon!

I had such a great time in St James hostel! Firstly, the hostel is clean, as the staff that cleans every day all the common rooms such as toilets, kitchen etc. Secondly it has a huge common rooms, e.g. the living room has tables and 2 big sofas and a oversized television. Thirdly there is an excellent atmosphere, indeed you can stay in the living room, meet a lot of people and chat with them drinking a beer. I've met a lot of interesting guys, from all over the world!! I

• 18th Jan 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to write us an awesome review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. See you next time you're in the city!! Enjoy the rest of your travels, Lots of love from Saint James Backpackers Hostel!

Thanks for everything, Saint James! As a solo female traveller I felt secure and welcome. My only criticism was that the metal bunkbeds in my dorm room were a bit creaky and I was worried about disturbing people when I got up early on Sunday.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We have taken your comments on board and are constantly striving to improve our services. Thanks again for your stay.

A really lovely place to stay! Any shop you could possibly need just around the corner and a two minute walk to the train station. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would 100% recommend this backpackers.

• 14th Jan 2015