Saint James Backpackers Reviews

21 Longridge Road, London, England

Have stayed here before and it was good , it is a good location. Very disapointed this time . noise does not bother me ,so that would not count. Showers did not work very well ,a few people had trouble getting their door key to move in our dorm. This place I would give the thumbs down.

Very close to Tube station on Piccadilly line, beautiful garden/patio area for eating and meeting travelers. Everything was great! Kitchen services provide great space to cook, towel rental, breakfast after 7:00, personal storage box with lock in room, grocery market nearby--this was brilliant.

Showers needed to be unclogged more regularly -- drains were slow.

• 6th Jul 2014

Good to have a kitchen and dining areas including a nice outdoor area. Showers are not great and get very dirty very quickly. Rooms are small and the beds are very noisy whenever you move. Not much bag space . This is not a youth hostel, you will get kids, animals, older adults staying as well so be aware this is not necessarily a place to will meet lots of like minded travellers.

The kitchen is very nice if you like to cook. It's ok except for the showers are truly awful. They are tiny and the water will burn you and the drains don't drain. It was truly disgusting.

• 4th Jul 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE: St James hostel was one of the worst experiences of my life. When we arrived we were told we were in seperate rooms even though we booked together. When we complained we were placed in the staff room which was dirty and the staff were rude an unaccommodating. They hid our locker and moved our things, eventually culminating in my socks being covered in blood when I left them out over night. We were genuinely frightened and disgusted with some of the staff ! Never again!!!!!!!!

• 1st Jul 2014

Excellent hostel in all respects except the bathrooms. Shower drains need maintenance.

It is one of the best hostels that I had ever stayed. It is located in a convenient location, safe and clean. It provides great breakfast every day. The living condition was not as crowded as some of other hostels. One recommendation is that they can add some shelves in the bathroom. Thank you Saint James for the great environment, i had a great time staying in london :)

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Not bad but no elevator meant lugging our suitcase up 5 flights of steep stairs. We checked in early as our rooms were ready. But, the receptionist gave us our key

Bathrooms were small and dirty but bedrooms were decent. Had a couple of issues with checking in/ payment, the staff I dealt with seemed to have no idea what was happening. Have stayed in much better hostels for the same price.

My first stay in a hostel so I was a bit anxious at first, but as soon as I got there felt right at home. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Bathroom facilities were very clean and good apart from a blocked drain in a shower. The common room was fantastic, had a good little crowd watching the football and met some great people.

• 30th Jun 2014

THE OFFERED PRIVATE BATH WAS ÀN AUXILIAR PLASTIC CABINET INTRODUCED IN A ROOM, SHEETS WERE NOT PROPER, WINDOWS DISCUSTING, ABSOlUTETLY DIRTY, THÉ ROOM ITSELF ALTHOUGH LARGE ENOUGH WORSELY LAYED OUT, À COMPLÈTE FIASQUE FOR WHAT I'VE PAÍD FOR. THE WEB PAGE DOESN'T SHOW THE REAL THING, ONLY À NICE MULTI- POURPOSE ROOM, WHICH IS REAL. THE REST HORRIBLY MAINTAINED.

• 30th Jun 2014

The hostel offers towels for 2 pounds but when I tried to rent one they had no more left. This had also happened a couple of days before to another guest. I also found the shower booth was a little bit too tiny and I am not robust!!

• Argentina

The private room was a little bit hot and the cleanliness was not up to date. The private bathroom is too small.

nice hostel. would definitely stay there again.

Nice hostel near metro station. Provides individual locker in your room so ensures some level of security. Staffs are available 24/7, have all sorts of facilities available. Laundry shop is just around the corner. Be sure to enjoy the big LCD TV in the common room~

The hostel is in Central London, 3mn walk from the Tube station, with all local shops nearby. There is a nice back garden. I stayed one night. The hostel is clean, especially the kitchen and the lounge. The staff is friendly.

Near tube. Quiet neighborhood. Mediocre facility. Do not go unless you like kids.

Small, cramped dorm rooms. The only space to put your luggage is the middle of the floor. Not real mattresses. Bed frames loose and warped underneath. Dirty and small bathrooms. Not nearly big enough for the volume of guests. Black mold in shower. Toilet rooms do not vent. Floor was always covered in wet slime. Since there are no mirrors in bedrooms the gross bathrooms are the only place to get ready. Kitchen is locked at night, early at 11. Staff generally rude and unhelpful. Will never return.

Clean and spacious, I actually really like all of the architecture. Everything is excellent overall, keep it up!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5