Saint James Backpackers Reviews

21 Longridge Road, London, England

Huge hostel with as many beds jammed into a room as possible. No internet, when I went to check if I had the right password I was treated like an idiot. They finally agreed to re-set the network, I don't know if they did because I still didn't have internet. I stayed in a 8 bed dorm and it was a good thing I didn't have more than carry-on sized bag because there would have been no where to put it. "Lockers" were a metal box that I could have picked up and left with.

Just stayed there for two nights. The hostel is located nicely in a very central area. I liked the communtiy rooms and the backyard - bright and friendly. Staff wasn´t as friendly as I´m used to but still nice. Bathrooms especially the showers are very narrow and small (and I´m not a big woman) - they could have been cleaner as well.

• 9th Oct 2014

Hostel is easy to find and a great starting point for sightseeing. The location is absolutely perfect, you just have to walk some minutes to the tube and there are great restaurants with ethnic food (and also several supermarkets) nearby. Hyde Park, the Natural History Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum can be reached by foot if you are a person who likes walking. Typical London house, coffee/tea/toast/cereals for breakfast was perfect; lounge & dining area are lovingly decorated :-)

• 1st Oct 2014

over pried.

• 27th Sep 2014

Staff was very nice and helpful what ever I needed..

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Slovakia

Small Rooms with six persons is too much. The bed is soo bad and impossible to rest properly. I have booking and pay for two days and in the end of the first day i prefer loosing my money and go home. Is too much expensive for what you get. The best is the kindeness of the Staff.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

The location is good. Facilities

You can't say much for the price. The only thing was that the deposit fee for every borrowed item seemed a little too much.

Very clean, safe hostel on a nice and quiet street. The doors slam very loud at night but it's not a terrible problem. There are lock boxes under the beds and the bathrooms are easy to use as there are three showers and three toilets in each. Great location near the tube station but it's far away from the heart of the city, if you want that sort of thing. However, Earl's Court and Kensington is still a very nice place to poke around in.

Most of the staff was very nice and some were very friend;y and helpful, except for one Spanish lady that had an unhappy attitude. Taking a shower is like "mission impossible" for how small and uncomfortable are.

• 16th Sep 2014

Very weird atmosphere.. I would only recommend this place if you want to keep to yourself so not ideal for young backpackers. The bedroom we were staying in was very spacious but quite grubby and longterm guests had really taken over the space, one would eat really smelly food in their bed and lights were out one night at 9pm. The bathrooms were usually clean but some days they were horrible. The staff member who was constantly standing in the kitchen (barely working) made it so painful to use!

This place was overall pretty good for a hostal. The staff were nice and the breakfast was good!

• 11th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff really rude really unhelpful. Also aggressive. My mum had pre paid my booking and was also told it was ok to leave our bags for an hour on checkout there would be no charge. My mother arrived at 11am and was told she had to pay for our bags as it was after 10. Mum had arrived at 10 but as the queue was out the door to Check in she went away and came back. After much negotiation she was allowed to take our bags FOC. Reception staff were rude unfriendly . Would not stay there again

• 7th Sep 2014

Had an amazing time at St. James! The owner Steve had a Sunday BBQ for the guests (amazing burgers

A Club is nearby, which is good for when you're bored on a weekend night ;)

• 6th Sep 2014

A clean, modern hostel with friendly staff - located 5 minutes from Earls Court Tube. Chelsea FC, and the Natural History Museum are within walking distance. Saint James has a courtyard at the back, and good kitchen facilities. I would stay her again.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Sweden

The breakfast was a great addition to the stay and the showers and bathrooms were very well kept and clean.

• 24th Aug 2014

I had a great stay! Great location, room and other facilities. I appreciated the activities they had each night, and the staff was very helpful. I would stay again!

I have to make a comment about the bathrooms, they smelt absolutely terrible. Management really needs to address this. At first I thought it was messy guests but the bathroom smelt consistently bad the whole time and it was almost unbearable to use them.

Very clean with great facilities and super helpful staff.

• 15th Aug 2014