Saint James Backpackers Reviews

21 Longridge Road, London, England

A Hostel is a Hostel - and has the typical problems...but the stay was good and you felt not totally bad afterwards. The beds are a bit noisy...the location is good and the overall atmosphere was positive...

Dear Philip Wilck, Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Saint James Backpackers Hostel! We apologize if a few details didn't reach your expectations, but we took your comments on board. Also you are always welcome to back when you pass by London. We will be glad to welcome you again!

No additional comments, Exept to say thanka for all the staff for their care and help. Best regards .

• 15th Nov 2015
  • Algeria

Dormroom much too small for 8 persons. and poorly organized. what would it cost them to put moore shelfs and hooks - also and especially in the toilets and showers!!! For every little thing we have to pay extra - it seems to me GREEDY

• 12th Nov 2015
  • Switzerland

Dear Magdalena Glaus, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We honestly thought you were enjoying yourself! This kind of thing matters really matters to us and I’m shattered to think you had a bad time. We try to accommodate traveler at low budget and give the best of our services. We took your comments on board and will strive for better! All the best!

Very clean place to stay in London, Also, I am vary happy what I pay for. Thanks

Dear Ming Ying Lee, We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travellers’. I'm sure our entire hostel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Be assured your nice words have been shared with the entire team. See you next time you're in the city!! Lots of love from Saint James Backpackers Hostel!

Really good atmosphere and living space! 5 minutes walk form Earls Court station and plenty of places to grab a bite to eat. Also good facilities if you want to cook something to eat. Definitely going to recommend to friends.

Dear Samuel Millsom, We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travellers’. I'm sure our entire hostel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Be assured your nice words have been shared with the entire team. See you next time you're in the city!! Lots of love from Saint James Backpackers Hostel!

The staff were very sweet, even helping me carry my luggage.

• 30th Oct 2015

This hostel was really good overall. Perfect location for what I needed, great breakfast and other facilities, good vibe with plenty of chill out areas in the hostel. Stay here for sure if this is your area.

Dear Joseph Stevenson, We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travellers’. I'm sure our entire hostel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Be assured your nice words have been shared with the entire team. See you next time you're in the city!! Lots of love from Saint James Backpackers Hostel!

It was an ok stay at the hostel, compared to my previous stays with Hostel World it wasn't as good as others. The facilities were nice however the atmosphere I felt was very quiet and dull, I have a snooker table in my B&B in France and I think it was a very worthwhile investment as it gets the guests interacting with each other. The showers and toilets were very simplistic and I think they should be de-grimed on a more regular basis. All in a an ok trip.

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Dear Alex Lewis, Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Saint James Backpackers Hostel! We apologize if a few details didn't reach your expectations, but we took your comments on board. Also you are always welcome to back when you pass by London. We will be glad to welcome you again!

The bathrooms are tiny. The showers are scalding hot or cold. The toilets are often dirty. The beds are cheap and noisy. The breakfast is served with tesco value carcinogenic bread and what ever is the cheapest stuff they can find. They are constantly allowing schools from France to stay. I don't want to stay in a hostel with school children it ruins the experience. And they make you constantly move rooms to suit there booking policy. The price is way to expensive. I will never stay there again.

Dear James Ewings, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We honestly thought you were enjoying yourself! This kind of thing matters really matters to us and I’m shattered to think you had a bad time. We try to accommodate traveler at low budget and give the best of our services. We took your comments on board and will strive for better! All the best!

Need 1 more toilet, 1 more shower. Good staff, good cleanilness. Price way too expensive. You should of brought a bigger building. Beds too noisy. A great hostel though

Dear James Ewings, We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sure our entire hostel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. We apologize if a few details didn't reach your expectations, but we took your comments on board. Also you are always welcome to back when you pass by London. We will be glad to welcome you again!

Overall, the hostel environment was great. I had safe and satisfied stay in your hostel. Having only one toilet in your bathroom was bit frustrating. But it wasn't really crowded. So it worked perfectly.

• 18th Oct 2015
  • Mongolia

Dear Bolormunkh Erdenekhuu, We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sure our entire hostel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. We apologize if a few details didn't reach your expectations, but we took your comments on board. Also you are always welcome to back when you pass by London. We will be glad to welcome you again!

Excellent hostel with great facilities, massive tv in common room and comfy beds. Would definently come back or recommend to anyone.

• 12th Oct 2015

Dear Brandon Wells, We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travellers’. I'm sure our entire hostel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Be assured your nice words have been shared with the entire team. See you next time you're in the city!! Lots of love from Saint James Backpackers Hostel!

Worst hostel experience ever. Permanent people live here and take over the rooms. Lights on in room all through night, door slamming etc and outside noise does not stop all night, cars, yelling etc. I returned to my bed at 1130pm one night to someone else in my bed. My stuff was all thrown together at the reception. They made an error and moved my bed. Then they could not find a key for my new room. When I eventually got to my new room my iPad was missing from my bag.

• 9th Oct 2015

Dear Kelly Dewar, We are sorry if our hostel didn't reach your expectations. We try our best to accommodate backpackers with low budget and offer a ''home away from home''. Also know that in summer it is very busy and the showers at pick hours are also. We are sorry if you fall into those hours and couldn't enjoy the hostel. We took in consideration your comments and strive for better thank you! All the best!

I only stayed one night. It was clean and near a tube station so easy to get to.

Dear kelsey huggan, Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Saint James Backpackers Hostel even you stayed just for one night! I'm sure our entire hostel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Be assured your nice words have been shared with the entire team. See you next time you're in the city!! Lots of love from Saint James Backpackers Hostel!

Toilets and showers extremely small. Room 8 beds very crowded with people's stuff. Common areas weremuch better than the sleeping and toilet areas.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Sweden

Dear Karin Hedstrom, Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Saint James Backpackers Hostel! We apologize if a few details didn't reach your expectations, but we took your comments on board. Also you are always welcome to back when you pass by London. We will be glad to welcome you again!

Was too quiet and boring for me. And it said that max age is 35. But ivsaw many old folks around but they were nice so its okay. Was expecting a more fun atmosphere but it looked like a college dorm with exams coming up every day. Staff was lovely. Facilities too! Overall i enjoyed it. But had to look elsewhere to look for a party crowd.

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

Dear Md Fattah Atthashien Md Zaki, Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Saint James Backpackers Hostel! We don’t have max age for our guests. We apologize if a few details didn't reach your expectations, but we took your comments on board. Also you are always welcome to back when you pass by London. We will be glad to welcome you again!

The dorms are not well designed. No power points beside the beds or lights. The toilets and showers could be cleaner. However the common room has a nice vibe to it with friendly people and a relaxing atmosphere.

Dear Graptus Henderson, Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Saint James Backpackers Hostel! It is always a pleasure for us to make sure our guests are having a good time in London. We apologize if a few details didn't reach your expectations, but we took your comments on board. Also you are always welcome to back when you pass by London. We will be glad to welcome you again!

Brilliant free breakfast and a very clean and tidy kitchen. A homely place to stay with good communal areas. Excellent value for money - bathrooms not brilliant but can't complain for the price!

• 26th Sep 2015

Dear Olivia Heron, Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hostel to other travellers’. We are really happy with your kind words to our breakfast and facilities. I'm sure our entire hostel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Close to the tube (Picadilly Line is convenient for the airport) with Boris bikes a block away Wifi good – separate routers around the house. Power outlet close to the bed Unpleasant smell in stairwells Staff friendly enough, breakfast simple but satisfactory (cereals and eggs). You strip your bed linen yourself, so you know it’s clean £2 per bag is expensive to keep luggage in the open: a locked room would be better Not happy that I paid £10 key deposit by card, but was refunded in cash

• 25th Sep 2015
  • South Africa

Dear Kaeli Grotz, Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We are really happy with your kind words to the location, breakfast and wifi service. We are very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. We apologize if a few details didn't reach your expectations, but we took your comments on board. Also you are always welcome to back when you pass by London. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Great. Always great to have breakfast included.

Dear Rosa Hinsley, Dear Happy Guest. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travellers’. I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.