Saint James Backpackers Reviews

21 Longridge Road, London, England

Most of the staff was very nice and some were very friend;y and helpful, except for one Spanish lady that had an unhappy attitude. Taking a shower is like "mission impossible" for how small and uncomfortable are.

• 16th Sep 2014

Very weird atmosphere.. I would only recommend this place if you want to keep to yourself so not ideal for young backpackers. The bedroom we were staying in was very spacious but quite grubby and longterm guests had really taken over the space, one would eat really smelly food in their bed and lights were out one night at 9pm. The bathrooms were usually clean but some days they were horrible. The staff member who was constantly standing in the kitchen (barely working) made it so painful to use!

This place was overall pretty good for a hostal. The staff were nice and the breakfast was good!

• 11th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff really rude really unhelpful. Also aggressive. My mum had pre paid my booking and was also told it was ok to leave our bags for an hour on checkout there would be no charge. My mother arrived at 11am and was told she had to pay for our bags as it was after 10. Mum had arrived at 10 but as the queue was out the door to Check in she went away and came back. After much negotiation she was allowed to take our bags FOC. Reception staff were rude unfriendly . Would not stay there again

• 7th Sep 2014

Had an amazing time at St. James! The owner Steve had a Sunday BBQ for the guests (amazing burgers

A Club is nearby, which is good for when you're bored on a weekend night ;)

• 6th Sep 2014

A clean, modern hostel with friendly staff - located 5 minutes from Earls Court Tube. Chelsea FC, and the Natural History Museum are within walking distance. Saint James has a courtyard at the back, and good kitchen facilities. I would stay her again.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Sweden

The breakfast was a great addition to the stay and the showers and bathrooms were very well kept and clean.

• 24th Aug 2014

I had a great stay! Great location, room and other facilities. I appreciated the activities they had each night, and the staff was very helpful. I would stay again!

I have to make a comment about the bathrooms, they smelt absolutely terrible. Management really needs to address this. At first I thought it was messy guests but the bathroom smelt consistently bad the whole time and it was almost unbearable to use them.

Very clean with great facilities and super helpful staff.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Wales

convenience access to various supermarket, restaurant, bar and transportation. very ftiendly staff and clean environment. staff clean the kitchen and toilet very regular. Valuable money with good quality. i highly recommend for short and long term stay if you are travelling or just move to London.

The staff were so helpful! Super friendly and willing to take time to call and set up a car rental service for my younger sister and I. The temple bar area is really lively and barnacles is situated near many of the main sights of Dublin! It does get a little rowdy and loud at night so if you're looking for somewhere quiet maybe consider somewhere else.

Enjoyed my stay. Staff we're accomodating and help with any query. Would stay again.

The staff is super friendly an the hostel is situated in a very cool environment. The rooms are a bit dusty and the matresses are too soft. The breakfast is quite small (toast,eggs and jam). The bathrooms could be cleaner...all in all quite cool hostel :)

• 4th Aug 2014

Would've been nice to know that all they have is bunkbeds. I visited with my girlfriend so that was a bit of a disappointment but altogether a good stay for this price.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Overall good, however the Wifi very difficult to connect with IPhone 4s and I've to switch to another wifi depending where am I in the hostel.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

We were satisfied with St James Backpackers. Especially the staff was very friendly and helpful. Just one thing: maybe also clean under the bed before new visitors arrive. It was quite dusty and dirty.

• 31st Jul 2014

Great service, wifi was great. All plugs worked. Nice beds, pillows and blankets. Strange guy was hanging around for a bit, and the staff removed him immediately! Excellent staff, considerate, and helpful.

Although the Hostel is in a neighborhood far from the main touristic attractions like the big ben (30 min of underground/ 2 hours of walk), it's a calm neighborhood, where the atmosphere is really cool. Almost everynight I was there, a guy would play guitar in the garden. Free computer use, which is really useful sometimes. The employees are helpful and chill. We enjoyed our stay and would come back.

• 28th Jul 2014