Saint James Backpackers Reviews

21 Longridge Road, London, England

Great hostel, new and excellent breakfeast, but unfortunatelly the bathroom small, uncomfortable for take a shower, really bad the space really small. However the hot water and clean just the space the problem.

very good in London, a very expensive city

I was more than pleased with my stay. The location was fantastic, close to the tube, bus routes, and museums. The thai restaurant close to the hostel is some of the best thai food I have had in years. The staff was more than accommodating and helpful. The beds, kitchen, and bathrooms were clean. I will definitely be back next time I am in London.

• 29th Nov 2013

Girl at front desk very friendly and helpful. Thanks for lending me the power adaptor.

• 24th Nov 2013

it's a really nice place to stay, especially because of its location. Nice and friendly staff.

Beautiful building and interior, great location, friendly staff, and clean facilities!

Had a really good stay! Only drawback was that some of the pegs in our bed kept falling out, but that could easily be fixed! Otherwise, the staff was very friendly

Great location. Safe area for a young female traveling on her own. Main common room wasn't very friendly though. TV was just a big distraction- maybe add in a few cards on the table or a guitar that's not behind the counter so people can get together easily? With forcing myself to talk to others, I truly loved the place, but if I was shy- it would've been a bit difficult to get to know others. Right by Sainsburys and Nandos! On the same line as Big Ben, Tower of London..etc.

Not a young crowd like some other hostels I have stayed at, but still a good time. Big common room with a good selection of movies and a really nice kitchen. The place is super clean which is really all you can ask for.

• 14th Nov 2013

it was great and people there were quite caring and friendly.

• 11th Nov 2013
  • Pakistan

very well organized...the staff is very helpful and friendly

Staff gave a very warm welcome, and were also pretty attentive at front desk with any questions. I stayed twice, both in times in an 8-bed all-female dorm. Bathrooms - clean, and HOT water with good pressure. Never had to wait to use the shower. Second time I stayed, I got a room on the bottom floor, which was MUCH bigger than my first room on the 3rd floor. The duvet blanket is nice and warm and comfy. Very short walk to the metro. Cafes and restaurants nearby.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Papua New Guinea

Good location,

Very good location, 5minutes to the tube station, 2minutes from the night bus stop. Lot of spanish and italian speaking customer.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Switzerland

Staff were very friendly and helpful, location was so convenient. Bathrooms could have been a little bit cleaner and wifi didn't work on my phone but did on my laptop. Good energy and comfortable.

• 6th Nov 2013

(Basic 3 Bed Private Shared Bathroom) Nice location, just few minute walk fm Earl's Court metro station and easy to access. 3 bedroom is clean, but the top(height) of lowest bed is a bit low...easy to hit the head. Poor wi-fi connect in 3/F room. One of the best breakfast I had in hostel and there is a dishwasher provided.

Good hostel, very friendly and helpful staff, a bit pricy, but, well, it's London prices :) Easy to get back at night as quite a few night buses go there! Also 24h reception. Overall, we're very happy with the stay!

This hostel felt like a home in terms of hospitality, safety, warmth, hygiene and general friendly atmosphere. The tone is one of mutual respect and helpfulness- the staff are efficient and kind ensuring a smoothly run environment. Thank you St James for helping me to enjoy London.

Good stay, thank you!

This hostel was in excellent location especially if u plan on flying out of Heathrow. But when the room rate says e suite it just means there is a ladies only showed. I was really annoyed by this I had a really early flight and paid for a room with e suite which was more pounds then a regular room, just to make my life easier .I did not get an e suite in fact the ladies bathroom which is apparently what I had as an e suite was two floors below my room. For extra ten pounds I was really unhappy!