Saint James Backpackers Reviews

21 Longridge Road, London, England

First time staying in a hostel. The staff were nice. The boss from Singapore was really helpful. Also clean rooms and washrooms

Rooms were very small but all right, Bathrooms were absolutely dirty, pretty much all the time! Staff was nice, Breakfast was nothing but toast and jam

Huge hostel with as many beds jammed into a room as possible. No internet, when I went to check if I had the right password I was treated like an idiot. They finally agreed to re-set the network, I don't know if they did because I still didn't have internet. I stayed in a 8 bed dorm and it was a good thing I didn't have more than carry-on sized bag because there would have been no where to put it. "Lockers" were a metal box that I could have picked up and left with.

Just stayed there for two nights. The hostel is located nicely in a very central area. I liked the communtiy rooms and the backyard - bright and friendly. Staff wasn´t as friendly as I´m used to but still nice. Bathrooms especially the showers are very narrow and small (and I´m not a big woman) - they could have been cleaner as well.

• 9th Oct 2014

Good location. Groceries, restaurants/pubs and tube closely. Staff efficient but not overly friendly. Shower could be cleaned more frequently. No elevator, muscle up! Kitchen closely monitored, a definite plus considering the number of users. Expensive hostel but good price considering it is in London!

I stayed here in October, last year only because i failed to book a hostel in advance. This hostel is pretty close to Earl's Court, and is really easy to find. I got to stay in 4-bed dorm which i think was overpriced for a night, and the room didn't have a great internet connection, but what i liked about this hostel is that it has nice common area where you can stay up late and nobody really would care.

Hostel is easy to find and a great starting point for sightseeing. The location is absolutely perfect, you just have to walk some minutes to the tube and there are great restaurants with ethnic food (and also several supermarkets) nearby. Hyde Park, the Natural History Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum can be reached by foot if you are a person who likes walking. Typical London house, coffee/tea/toast/cereals for breakfast was perfect; lounge & dining area are lovingly decorated :-)

• 1st Oct 2014