Saint James Backpackers Reviews

21 Longridge Road, London, England

Perfect place for my first hostel experience alone. Really good security, super clean, and beds comfy enough. Would recommend this to friends also for the location being so close to earls court tube.

Simple hostel but has all the essentials. Clean rooms and showers. All hostels in london are expensive.

The staff was very friendly. The only problem was that the Wifi only worked in the lobby.

I've been to other London hostels and this is the only one I've enjoyed and have returned to. The reception staff are amazingly helpful and friendly. The kitchen is always kept clean and there is a good area to meet others. The showers are a bit small and the beds are squeaky but still my favourite London hostel by far

Location is very good and staff is super friendly, will come again...

• 2nd Jun 2014

Enjoyed our stay. Friendly staff. Good value. Toilets and showers could do with more attention and the bunk beds seriously need changing. Every time you moved an inch the metal springs made the worst noise ever. Not the best night sleep with 8 men in 1 room!

• 31st May 2014

Bathroom not the best, the shower door fell on me whilst showering and room very small. However good value for money and staff friendly enough

• 31st May 2014

All the facilities were fantastic, no complaints. I enjoyed the common area while the Kitchen wasn't amazing it was definitely functional. There wasn't any social events organised but the hostel so it was a bit tricky meeting new people. But other than that no complaints. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

The beds are too noisy

• 24th May 2014

Toilets didn't have any toilet paper on two occasions and bathrooms were small with limited space to get changed. Staff were friendly, welcoming and offered to assist me with carrying my bags up the stairs.

The location was not bad. It was very close to Earl's Court station and you can go from there to anywhere you want to go. We were on the top floor, 5 flights of stairs. My wife was pregnant and we mentioned it to the guy who checked us in and he didn't really say anything. He basically ignored us. The wifi sucked. You had to be on the main floor and even then, and half of the time it doesn't even work down there anyway.

The location was really bad. It was a 10 minute walk to the nearest tube stop and at least a 10 minute ride to get anywhere in London. So if you 're looking for a place from which to go out and explore London in a short period of time, this is not a good place.

sThe decoration was like a ,prison and the bed was not so clean. The location was great Close to the Subway and maybe restaurants and coffee bar. However, not the room.

The staff were friendly, atmosphere was great, the venue was clean and accommodating, would stay again

• 16th May 2014
  • Wales

Did not end up staying there. Was unable to make a cancellation with information available . Could not locate contact details - email or text messaging details from booking information originally provided vital Hostel World booking system

It's a good place to stay. Except for the spotty wifi service and the lack of reading lights at the head of each bed.

• 11th May 2014

Γαμάτο και πολυ καθαρό!

• 4th May 2014
  • Greece

Great small hostel. Located right near a tub station, with a supermarket almost next door. Good common area with well stocked kitchen. Would definitely recommend if you are looking for a slightly quieter stay in London.

I would definitely recommend this hostel for anyone, specially those who never had a hostel experience before (like me). Saint James Backpackers has a great website with a lot of information about the hostel, and it helped me a lot to plan my trip to London. When I arrived in the hostel, I was surprised with the staff, which was absolutely kind and helpful. The ambients in the hostel are great as well. I chose to stay in the female dorm, which was very very comfy.

• 30th Apr 2014

The female staff was very nice, the male not so. The atmosphere was very good, friendly. The price is normal for London. The site in Kensington ist very good, near by the undergroundstation. We would book again.

• 30th Apr 2014