Saint James Backpackers Reviews

21 Longridge Road, London, England

In a really good location just out of the heart of the city and easy to get to from earls court station just down the road. Earls court has everything you need anyway. It's friendly and clean. I would stay there again.

I was mostly disappointed in this hostel because while it was not nearly as nice as others I've stayed in, it was also the most expensive. The expense was most likely due to the location rather than the quality. While I realize you get what you pay for, compared to my other hostel experiences, this one was not great. The showers were way too small and flooded if you took longer than a 3 minute shower. The beds were very loud, the kitchen was small, and the wifi was terrible.

The hostel was OK, but the shower and toilet rooms were dirty. Also the eight bed female dorm that I stayed in was a bit dusty. I moved my hand over the shelf next to my bed and a cloud of dust flew off. However, I noticed a girl cleaning nearly every day that I was there, so I think it may just be the types of materials that the owners used to finish their interior. For example, white tile in the shower and toilet rooms are going to become very slippery and show every inch of mess.

The Saint James is a great hostel. The staff has a family feel and my group definitely spoke to them for both advice. The dining room and backyard area attracts backpackers and makes for a good environment in the evenings and mornings. The showers were okay. Breakfast costs around 5 euro if I remember correctly (Not worth it at all). Overall I would recommend it but due to the location, I would probably look for a different option myself.

The toilets and showers are very narrow.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Perfect place for my first hostel experience alone. Really good security, super clean, and beds comfy enough. Would recommend this to friends also for the location being so close to earls court tube.

Simple hostel but has all the essentials. Clean rooms and showers. All hostels in london are expensive.

The staff was very friendly. The only problem was that the Wifi only worked in the lobby.

I've been to other London hostels and this is the only one I've enjoyed and have returned to. The reception staff are amazingly helpful and friendly. The kitchen is always kept clean and there is a good area to meet others. The showers are a bit small and the beds are squeaky but still my favourite London hostel by far

Location is very good and staff is super friendly, will come again...

• 2nd Jun 2014

Enjoyed our stay. Friendly staff. Good value. Toilets and showers could do with more attention and the bunk beds seriously need changing. Every time you moved an inch the metal springs made the worst noise ever. Not the best night sleep with 8 men in 1 room!

• 31st May 2014

Bathroom not the best, the shower door fell on me whilst showering and room very small. However good value for money and staff friendly enough

• 31st May 2014

All the facilities were fantastic, no complaints. I enjoyed the common area while the Kitchen wasn't amazing it was definitely functional. There wasn't any social events organised but the hostel so it was a bit tricky meeting new people. But other than that no complaints. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

The beds are too noisy

• 24th May 2014

Toilets didn't have any toilet paper on two occasions and bathrooms were small with limited space to get changed. Staff were friendly, welcoming and offered to assist me with carrying my bags up the stairs.

The location was not bad. It was very close to Earl's Court station and you can go from there to anywhere you want to go. We were on the top floor, 5 flights of stairs. My wife was pregnant and we mentioned it to the guy who checked us in and he didn't really say anything. He basically ignored us. The wifi sucked. You had to be on the main floor and even then, and half of the time it doesn't even work down there anyway.

The location was really bad. It was a 10 minute walk to the nearest tube stop and at least a 10 minute ride to get anywhere in London. So if you 're looking for a place from which to go out and explore London in a short period of time, this is not a good place.

sThe decoration was like a ,prison and the bed was not so clean. The location was great Close to the Subway and maybe restaurants and coffee bar. However, not the room.

The staff were friendly, atmosphere was great, the venue was clean and accommodating, would stay again

• 16th May 2014
  • Wales

Did not end up staying there. Was unable to make a cancellation with information available . Could not locate contact details - email or text messaging details from booking information originally provided vital Hostel World booking system