Saint James Backpackers Reviews

21 Longridge Road, London, England

Great small hostel. Located right near a tub station, with a supermarket almost next door. Good common area with well stocked kitchen. Would definitely recommend if you are looking for a slightly quieter stay in London.

I would definitely recommend this hostel for anyone, specially those who never had a hostel experience before (like me). Saint James Backpackers has a great website with a lot of information about the hostel, and it helped me a lot to plan my trip to London. When I arrived in the hostel, I was surprised with the staff, which was absolutely kind and helpful. The ambients in the hostel are great as well. I chose to stay in the female dorm, which was very very comfy.

The female staff was very nice, the male not so. The atmosphere was very good, friendly. The price is normal for London. The site in Kensington ist very good, near by the undergroundstation. We would book again.

• 30th Apr 2014

facilities are nice,but part of staff seems forget smiling. kitchen is good,breakfast is valuable. Generally speaking, this hostel is not bad,but not a place which will make you lovely.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

A fantastic place to stay! It was clean, nice staff and an excellent choice for breakfast. Really good security, better than anywhere else I have stayed. Location was good, only 2 minutes walk from the tube station, and on the Picadally line from Heathrow. I would definately recommend a stay here.

Overall a very good hostel catering for everyone with different options for all. Decent cheap breakfast in the morning if you like as well. Good common areas and clean bathrooms. Lockers for security too. I will return.

• 21st Apr 2014

I enjoyed my stay in Saint James Backpackers!! I didn't expect that it will be clean and secure :) Next time I will probably come here again! :)

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Beds with iron frames were so noisy, we woke up many times each night. bathrooms were dirty. Good movies, breakfast was sober and ok.

• 17th Apr 2014

Great location, very close to the district line underground and at walk distance from High Street Kensington. Supermarkets and restaurants not far from the hostel. People of the staff are very friendly and always available to help. Free London maps available in the reception. The hostel is really clean, even if sometimes you can find hair in the shower or in the bathroom in general: but that's the customers' fault!

The staff was not very nice sometimes

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Great hostel, Friendly staff, and good facilities in terms of kitchen bathrooms and the garden at the back. The hostel is easy to get to from the tube station, and there were locker boxes. Breakfast was also really good, with many cereals, toast and condiments and there were also boiled eggs one morning which was an added bonus! The only down side I found was that the lounge was more crowded in the evenings and reading lights for each bed would be helpful! Also I enjoyed playing with the cat!

I very much enjoyed my stay at the hostel and extended it for another night. It's friendly, lively, clean and also has a good spacious garden with plenty of benches and a beautiful tree in the middle. The resident cat and black and white dog are a lovely additiion!

• 8th Apr 2014

Place was great, staff good.

We've stayed in 8 persons dorm with a group of friends. The hostel has a great location, good facilities and fantastic, open and helpful staff. Excellent value for money!

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Very nice place, well located. Loved to stay there! :)

Very pleasant place to stay.

Room dirty.The wardrobe without doors and drawers broken.Not even a chair in the room!Sheets weren´t changed in seven days.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Spain

The rooms are noisy during night. Every person walking around can be heard from anywhere in the hostel. Internet does not work in the rooms are work very poorly in the lobby, maybe it was just a temporary thing. This is not their fault, but during the night, a drunk guy woke up everyone in the room thinking someone was in his bed. Turns out, he was in the wrong room. But the staff was called and had to turn on the lights to check the bed numbers. Not the worst hostel I stayed but not the best.

I was satisfied with the staff. The room was acceptable, however, I would have liked some more furniture in the room (1-2 shelves and/or a bedside at least). Also in my opinion, you should be more careful with the cleaning of the rooms (floor, corners etc). The bathroom seemed clear, but it was a bit disappointing, that it was two floors away from us.

Got robbed during the night, as two other people in the 8 bed room. Surely, its not the hostels fault really.. but I have stayed in hostels before.. a personal and homely atmosphere could prevent such things to happen... its a nice place in a huge city... and we were just "usual" travellers who pull through london as many many others each day... thanks for the service but I wont come back...

• 22nd Mar 2014