Sakai Guest House

8.7
Fabulous 153 Total Reviews

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
4th Jul 2017

Was a bit hard for me to find but I didn't have a phone with me. Absolutely loved the place though, after almost a month of traveling I finally got a room for myself since it was empty. On each night I only shared the building with one other guest. Well equipped kitchen, so you can cook. The place was overall really nice

2nd Jul 2017

I would call that better version of hotel as it includes common room. Really friendly staff. Nothing to complain about.

• katefitzgerald172273
  • USA, Female, 18-24
23rd Jun 2017
7.7

Stayed here because I was trying to get close to the airport - KIX - but if that's what you're looking for then look to stay near Tengachaya station which had a rapid direct line to KIX. Took longer actually from Sakai because it connects to local trains. As for the hostel, not up to par with what I've seen in Japan. Only one bathroom for four floors of guests. The host was very very kind and it was definitely a small home type of feel - but not as clean or light as other hostels in Japan.

24th May 2017

Great location - close to Dotonburi. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Peaceful and quiet when I went. Next to railroad, but I couldn't hear a thing. Would come again!

5th May 2017

Really loved the homey feel of this place. Felt very comfortable.

3rd May 2017

Good hostel, a bit far out from the center, but it is hard to beat for such a tiny price!

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Apr 2017

Only stayed here for one night as a lay over but the staff were very friendly and helpful and wasn't too far from the train station east walkable with luggage. Rooms are very clean and there's a nice common area

1st Apr 2017

Incredibly kind host. Thank you for a great nights stay!

• jetsetter1219
  • USA, All Male Group, 18-24
29th Mar 2017

This was hands down the best hostel I've had the pleasure of staying at. Not only was the owner (Nari-san) accommodating, he was also very invested his guests. Within a few days, we had certainly become good friends; he cooked us authentic Japanese meals and gave us valuable insights into the local culture. Although the hostel was a bit far from the downtown area, I still highly recommend travelers to stay and experience an authentic Osaka experience at the Sakai Guest House!

×