Sakura Hostel Asakusa Reviews

2-24-2 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Solo traveler Stayed for 3 nights great atmosphere meet plenty of new people Not the closest to the train station but still very walkable. Right near the best temple in Tokyo temple and sketchiest looking theme park

10 minutes walk to next subwaystation. Very good wifi connection. Friendly staff. Lockers at the room. I was satisfied and would recommand it!

The staff give an amazing service and help!!!!!

I liked this hostel, the staff we're friendly, the place was clean and in a good location for site seeing traditional temples and markets. It was a little far from the large main stations; but, the hostel was located close to the metro line. Large common area was great for relaxing and meeting people.

I forgot how many times I have stayed at The Sakura Hostel !!! Why Am I keep on coming back ?? It's Simply the Best in Tokyo !! The Staff are so caring for everyone's needs . Thank you for your hospitality ! I will be looking forward until we meet again !! Cheers . Happy Valentine's !!!!! Besos !! Alvaro

Extremely basic accommodation, but you get what you pay for. Dorm rooms shared by 6 is tiny and barely enough room for suitcases. Bathrooms small and impossible to not get your clothes wet. We were given fresh sheets when we arrived though and the amenities are very clean. Accommodation is difficult to find on arrival but not too bad once you've got your bearings. Make sure you have a map!

• 24th Jan 2015

Was a lovely hostel with great staff, the option for breakfast was good and the location was great with easy access to the Asakusa temple/shrine. The only downside was the room. It was clean but being bunk beds I was woken up many times with lights being turned on and guest coming in in the early hours (4-5am). I know it's a hostel and to expect it but it just made the whole feel of the hostel go down. Well worth a stay but perhaps not the best if your planning on sleeping lots.

Sakura Hostel is a great value for money. It's super clean, cheap, comfortable and convenient. The best location in Tokyo is Asakusa. It's close to temple, skytree and japanese bar street. I'd definetely recommend !

Very helpful staff. They made excellent dinner recommendations and helped me plan the rest of my trip. Thanks!!

A well run corporate hostel. It is very close to Sensoji temple and is a 10 min walk to Asakusa Station. Excellent wifi connection and even better water pressure in the showers. It would have been nice to have hooks or hangers in the rooms for clothes/towels. Hallways from washrooms to rooms were freezing after a shower (I stayed there in the winter). About $3.50 for a measly breakfast (toast, tea/coffee, prison soup). I found some hairs in my bedding, but overall my stay was comfortable/safe.

Great people, great staff, great hostel!

Really nice place, very close to the Senso-ji temple complex and the Asakusa train/metro station. It was not so easy to find due to the many small streets, but it was my first day in Japan, so that might be the reason why. I met many people there and the breakfast was good enough. Would definitely stay there again.

This place has a mix of families, few backpackers and the occasional old man who seems to stay there for a long time. I got someone who talked early in the morning:/. So its not really a backpacker place id say. Theres wifi, breakfast u pay for. Location is good as the closest subway stop connects to the airport as well - leave early for ur flight! I missed my flight cuz i didnt know the airport subway leaves every 30 minutes 60 minute ride!

Cabin rooms are quite nice and lots of privacy, facilities are great and really clean. Pretty quiet place though. Very close to asakusabashi station. Thanks guys!

very good hostel, one of the best i have stayed at in the world. friendly staff, comfortable and safe hostel. has a good atmosphere. the layout and building is nice. good location, asakusa is a very nice place- lots to see and do.

sukura hostel is a great hostel . good location ,clean and a really good common room (which is a great for meeting people and getting ideas of what to do ). and staff that can direct you on how to get from a to b in Tokyo( which isn't as simple as it sounds ) will return here next visit .

This hostel is in an excellent location. It's close to Sensoji temple and the Tokyo skytree. The staff at reception were very helpful. The hostel had good wife.

Decent hostel in Asakusa (close to Sensō-ji temple and some good restaurants). Next subway stop is a 10 minute walk away. Stayed in a double-room. The room only contains 2 beds and AC/heating didnt really work well. It was very hot in the room during the day and quite cold at night. Additionally if you need to go to the bathroom/toilet you need to walk down the corridor outside, which can be very cold in winter. But staff was helpful and friendly. Common area is a good place to meet people.

Hostel is clean and located in the middle of Tokyo. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is a useful events board with things to do in Tokyo. Bedrooms are good and have some space. Very nice hostel, but it is a little expensive.

A perfect ending for my holiday. Would recommend this place to anyone who want an excellent place to stay.a place to get to know people.