Sakura Hostel Asakusa Reviews

2-24-2 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Overall an okay hostel. Very nice staff, they host events you can attend for free and also there is lots of useful information they have around the hostel. Very close to streets of amazing street food/ restaurants. We stayed in the female dorm room and the bunk beds were very creaky, we felt so bad moving around in our beds because it would make sounds. Also, the bathrooms weren't very clean and might need a little updating.

Great hostel, everything what you need - central location, clean, secure, great facilities and staff is the best-always there to help with everything. Thank you for lovely stay :)

Very nice hostel in the middle of Asakusa with great staff and a good atmosphere. There is a big common area on the first floor with lots of chairs, a TV, video games, couches, a kitchen, a cafe, good laundry machines available. Rooms are comfortable. Electronic key lock for the hostel and the rooms. Met good people here. The big shop area is down the road a hundred feet or so and there are a number of restaurants and corner markets around. People here are cool. Staff is helpful.

The dorm I stayed in had a curtain and a light w/ a plug with each bed which is really nice to have. The building seems old and isn't the nicest but it's relatively clean for what it is. The common room is pretty awesome and I found it really easy to meet people to go out with here. Staff was helpful, but not super friendly. It's not terribly close to downtown areas but Asakusa is surprisingly charming and has a lot of stores and restaurants in the area. I'd stay here again.

I did not have a lock (and did not want to buy it there) so the security for me was not that high. It would be better if a lock was provided together with an accomodation.

The most welcoming hostel we have ever visited. The owners were really friendly, relaxed and welcoming. They showed us around the place, which was very clean and ordered and let us choose our room which was lovely They talked to us about where to eat and helped us work out bus tickets and things like that. On one night they just decided to have a "romantic evening" where we all got given sparklers outside and had photos doing shapes with them, then went inside and played a cute musical game.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Great international hostel, they put on loads of events and help you out in every way. Beds are comfortable with curtains and its quite lively. About a 10 minute walk to station but loads of restaurants etc nearby. Its decent price for Tokyo. Door has a key which is annoying sometimes, all other Japan hostels have a door code which is more convenient. But otherwise clean and would definitely come back!

The staff were very helpful and understanding. Only feedback would be that the mink blankets on the beds smelt like they had never been washed, and there were dribble stains on the pillow. From all the hostels we stayed in throughout Japan Sakura was the most expensive hostel and noticeably the least clean and with outdated facilities/amenities. A new paint colour on the bed frames, new duvets with washable covers and small touches like bodywash in the shower would make a huge difference.

Awesome hostel. Everything seemed very clean and great service from the staff. Beds were comfy and the option to change linen whenever was nice. Aircon in the rooms was brilliant and a life saver. Wi-fi wasn'tg bad although on the 4th floor signal could be a bit week in places. Didn't interact with others much as we were travelling in a group but we could tell that a lot of people mingled which seemed pretty cool. Would 100% revisit.

• 10th Jun 2015

Its very good for me. The first time I a bit confuse about the direction but when I found the hostel its easy to find them. If uou have from Ginza line pls exit no. 1 I think its easy.

Bathrooms,toilets and the living room are quite small. the rest is OK .perfect location,helpful staff and very cheap.

basic hotel but very far from the station and a bit out of Tokyo. Thankfully the staff are very friendly and helpful

Very nice hostel! Staff was really friendly and the location is pretty good as well. It also is a good place to chill out and meet new people!

nice and friendly staff, comfy beds and a clean place. In my opinion little too far from city center.

• 28th May 2015
  • Finland

Sakura hostel is a very good place to stay in Tokyo - location wise it's a bit of a challenge to figure out if you are new to the city (hint, look for sensoji temple and orientate your way from there, facing Sensoji temple head to your left and in that general direction you should be able to find it a little easier. Facilities are great, everything you need from a hostel, very clean toilets, very helpful staff - and nice and large common area.

The staff were sooooo lovely, the shower water pressure was great and I loved being so close to Sensoji temple. But the room stank of sweat which kept me from staying a second day.

The common room is very lively at night. The staff are very helpful and the hostel is very clean. The bunk beds are very solid, but the rooms are a bit small. The beds were very comfortable!!!! The kitchen facilities were really good too. I would recommend staying here, and if I'm ever back in toyko I would stay here again.

This is a great hostel, I stayed more than a week! Close to the metro, JR station and sightseeing. The staff here is excellent and very polite, good atmo! You can use the backpack storage for several days (if you go to Nikko for a night or so). On the negative side, the rooms can be a little bit closed in and the description on how to find the hostel is not the best (you should turn left before the road ends and JR exit A1 has to exits in different directions) so take a picture on google maps!

Everything was pretty nice, staff was great and the breakfast option was awesome. Close to the train station also a plus. Biggest issue was no curtains on the bunks, my roommates came back late and woke up early turning the lights on and opening window curtains. Would have been really nice to have a shield from being woken up every time, couple nights of very bad sleep from this.

Asakusa is a lovely place to stay, this hostel is right next to a load of restaurants, markets and a few bars! Easy access to the metro stations also! The showers are very clean, hot and powerful, the beds are comfy and there is wifi throughout! The hostel do put evenings on every now and again such as Sake tasting but it isn't really a very sociable hostel!