Sakura Hostel Asakusa Reviews

2-24-2 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I stayed in four different hostels during my week long stay in Tokyo. This is definitely top 2 if not best. Location is awesome as it's close to restaurants/bars and subway. Eminities were good as well. Kitchen could be a little bigger but shouldn't be a problem unless several people are trying to cook a full blown dinner at the same time.

• 19th Apr 2014

Great location, close to the Sensoji Temple. Staff are very helpful and accommodating. Good atmosphere due to the common area. Would definetly recommend this hostel.

You can't beat the location of this hostel. the Senso-ji Temple is right out the front door, along with a million restaurants and a theme park. Some of the comfier beds for Japan as well.

Friendly staff, and excellent location near Sensō-ji. But the dorm rooms are overcrowded and poorly ventilated. When I first went into my dorm, I thought I was going to throw up from the smell. Six people cramped into a room that would be too small for four is not ideal; uncomfortable and no sense of privacy. You can find better accommodation for a cheaper price! Oh, and your lockers are anything but secure. Old wooden lockers that a kid could open, and you have to bring your own lock.

Thank you very much for your review. We are very sorry to hear that it was not to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconveniences and the smell in the room. The windows can be opened, but of course the smell always depends a little on the persons in the room. We truly apologize for the inconveniences and we hope to be able to show you that you can very much enjoy your stay at Sakura Hostel Asakusa sometime in the future. Thank you very much again for staying with us.

Very clean and well kept. The staff were really friendly and welcoming and spoke great English. The only downside is a little far from the subway. Breakfast deal is really great!

Thank you very much for your nice review! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. The walk is a little long with it's 10-15min, but at least you get to see Asakusa! Thank you very much for staying with us. Hopefully we can see you again sometime!

location quite far becoz need to walk 15min to subway. poor connection for wifi

great hanami event!

The bed sheets had holes and didn't even fit the bed porperly, the tops of the bunk beds were covered in dust as were the corners of the rooms - I don't think I saw any staff cleaning at all in my 5 day stay. The offered all you can eat breakfast for 315 was not great value as it was toast and not very tasty soup - I can get stuf for cheeper and tastier at the convini. The secure stroage for lugage down stairs was anythign but - the door open fully 24/7. Will not be staying here again.

• 21st Mar 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry for the poor condition of your bed sheets, we are exchanging bed sheets like that as soon as we notice it. Our cleaning staff is working every day. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We hope to be able to make it up to you sometime. Thank you again for staying with us and we are truly sorry for the inconveniences.

Felt overpriced for the facilities, but the location was good if you want to be close to Sensoji. A medium walk to the metro ginza line station, maybe 15 minutes, but you can cut through Sensoji which makes the walk more enjoyable. Terrible wifi, very flakey when more than 2-3 people are using it and half the PCs were out of action. Avoid the house coffee also.

Thank you very much for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you didn't like our hostel that much. The Wifi can be slow sometimes, since everybody in the hostel, not only in the lobby is using it. So depending on what everybody is using it for, it can be slow. We sincerely apologize for that. Nevertheless are we happy to hear that you at least like our location! Asakusa is a wonderful place. We still hope to see you again sometime. Thank you very much for staying with us!

Well taken care of, helpful staff

Good locket space. Lots of other people to mingle with in the common area downstairs. Overall good value for money. Everything is relatively easy to get to via the subway which is a 10 15 minute walk away.

Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy to hear that you had fun in our lobby and we able to talk to different people. Because that is how a stay in a hostel should be. It's also nice that you got to know the area, so you could find everything. We thank you again for staying with us and we hope to be able to welcome you again sometime in the future!

great place to stay in! goof location, great staff, good atmosphere in the common room. just a few minutes walk from sensoji temple in the center of Asakusa area. loved it and will recommend to anybody!

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Israel

Thank you very much for your kind review! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here in our hostel. It is always nice to hear that our guests liked the Asakusa area. Asakusa has it's own charm. We hope to see you again here sometime. Thank you again very much for staying with us!

I found this hostel about as friendly, welcoming and possessed of ample facilities as a Soviet-era prison. Would not recommend.

• 25th Jan 2014

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here. We will try to create a warmer atmosphere in our hostel so everybody will feel welcome. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Japan anyway.

I had a blast in Japan, an really liked the hostel. Very friendly hosts super helpful with any questions I had really enjoyed staying there. I will definently stay there again!

• 13th Jan 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are happy too hear that you enjoyed your stay in Japan. We hope to see you again soon, Our door is always open for you!

It's a good hostel for vacation. Actually, I'm the kind of traveler who never stay at hostel except for sleeping.

• 10th Jan 2014

Thank you for your positive review and for staying with us. We hope you had fun in Japan and visit us again in the future!

Stayed here twice. First time wasn't bad; second time was forgettable. Variable quality in the rooms - i.e. first time room was pretty good; second time room, the bunks were poor quality - I could feel the guy in the bottom bunk move at night which woke me up. Staff are friendly and helpful though. Common room was definitely one of the better ones I saw, even in the whole of Japan, in terms of atmosphere and people. Worth a stay, although you can find a better value hostel.

Thank you very much for your review. We have different kind of bunk beds in some rooms and are trying to exchange the poor ones step by step. We are sorry that your second stay here was not satisfying, we will give our best so you next stay will be a good experience you don't want to forget. Thank you again for staying with us!

A big thankyou to Sakura hostel for being my home away from home. A wonderful place to stay while exploring Tokyo.

Thank you very much! Come visit again soon!

I thought it was a very cozy hostel, but I wish there was more access to the computers. Many people were always on them and never got off making it difficult to ever check email. Other than that, I thought the stay was pleasant. :)

Thank you very much for your review! We totally agree with you. We think this will get better when we get our new Wifi routers, so most of our guests can use their own PC without problems. We hope to be able to welcome you again soon!

With the curtains around each bed, there was enough privacy even in the dormitory.

Thank you for the nice review! We hope to be able to welcome you again soon!

Tokyo in general is expensive, overall everyone there seemed to have their own agenda for the most part, not the most social. Good hostel for use of a bed and a jumping off point for touring, but not much of an area for nightlife...

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your review. Regarding the nightlife, we have got t o admit that it's true for clubbing and western style bars. In Asakusa we have more Japanese style bars and nightlife. Here you can experience real Japanese bars which you don't have in other places. Maybe next time you can try to experience those places. Thank you again!