Sakura Hostel Asakusa Reviews

2-24-2 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

This is a real deal hostel. Groups, big rooms, fun posters, everything you'd want in a hostel. Hold up, is that mixed gender rooms? Don't tell Ash. Stay up until you can see everyone in the room. Then enjoy a sleep. Manchester man in the room is a sweetheart. Make sure you bring night clothes, don't sleep in your underwear in front of strangers.

i enjoyed staying in Sakura hostel! very easy going atmosphere and very convenient location!

It was relaxed yet interesting and fun.

Thank you very much for your review! We are happy to hear that you had fun here at our hostel! Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again here sometime soon. Thank you very much for staying at Sakura Hostel Asakusa!

Descent hostel in a good area. You've got 2 choices of subway line to take you into the city. The hostel itself has a large common area where it's easy to meet fellow travelers.

Thank you very much for the review. You actually have 3 subway lines more or less close by! But maybe the 2 are the most used ones. We are happy to hear that you met great people and had fun here in our lobby. Thank you very much for staying at Sakura Hostel Asakusa.

Overall Sakura Hostel is a nice play to stay. The rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms are kept clean. The have a ton of information to help plan your time in Tokyo and the rest of Japan and the staff are very helpful. It is quite a large hostel, and while I was there it wasn't the most social atmosphere. Other than that it is a nice place to stay with a good location in Asakusa.

Thank you very much for your review. It is nice to hear that you like our hostel overall. We are always trying to create a nice atmosphere here in the lobby, but of course it depends on many things. Maybe on your next stay with us, you will be able to meet more people here in the lobby, maybe while gaming, drinking or something else. We thank you again for staying with Sakura Hostel Asakusa and we hope to see you again soon!

Everything is quite great in here. It is a "mainsream"-hostel with a good interieur. Mostly foreigners can be met here, the actual service is great and the front desk being permanently manned is quite convenient. The only disadvantage is that things like towels or shampoo need to be bought at the front desk. In most hostels where I stayed these things were avalaible for free.

Thank you very much for your nice review! We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay in our hostel and that our staff could be of help. We apologize for not providing towels and and shampoo for free. However, we are constantly thinking about ways to improve our hostel and the service. We will consider this as very possible way of improving the service. Thank you again very much for staying at Sakura Hostel Asakusa. We hope to see you again sometime here in Asakusa!

I stayed in 3 hostel at tokyo, this was the worst. They tried to be too ocidental, what i mean, they dont have some cool and great stuff other hostels as anne hostel and oak zen hostel have like toto washlet (the great thing about japan). Also, the beds dont have curtains like all the other hostels in tokyo (one great thing). Other thing, the hostel is pretty far from the subaway station and not very clean.

Thank you very much for your review. We are very sorry to hear that. We are exchanging all beds for beds with curtains at the moment, but we apologize for not assigning you a bed with curtains on it. We are surprised to hear that is was not clean, since we do our best to keep everything as clean as possible. We apologize for the inconveniences. Thank you again for staying with us.

The directions on the website are a bit confusing so use the map outside the metro station. Very well designed hostel with nice facilities, comfy beds, sound proof rooms, and a good vibe. Only complaint was the staff told me a taxi I need to take would be 20~25 bucks and it ended up being over 40. I would have made other plans if that was the case.

Thank you very much for your nice review. We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay in our hostel. It can be hard to find us here in Asakusa. We are always open for suggestions to improve the directions. We truly apologize for giving you such wrong information. Of course the taxi price always depends on the route, traffic and so on. But nevertheless, this is a bigger difference. We are really sorry for that. Thank you again for staying at Sakura Hostel Asakusa!

Definitely would recommend Sakura Hostel to anyone traveling to Tokyo. I stayed in a different location each night, but this is one of the places that stood out to me as one of the better hostels. The staff was extremely night and the few people I did have the chance to meet made for a pleasant atmosphere. If I get a chance to return to Tokyo and they have beds available I will definitely make sure I mix in a night or two here.

Excellent place to stay. It's a purpose-built hostel and it shows. Staff are very friendly and helpful with an excellent grasp of English. Close to tons of shops and restaurants as well as several sightseeing areas. Only gripe is that it's a bit far from a subway station. Will be staying there again on my return to Tokyo.

Thank you very much for your nice review. We are very happy to hear that you had a nice stay at our hostel! The walk to the station is with something about 10 min a little bit longer, but we hope the beautiful view of the temple area and the nice stores on the way made it a little easier for you! We thank you very much for staying at Sakura Hostel Asakusa and we are already looking forward to seeing you again here in Asakusa!

The hostel is nice, beds are comfy, breakfast is not included in the price and is a little basic (toast and drinks), but good breakfast places nearby. It is large and felt a little impersonal but the staff are very friendly and helpful. Asakusa is nice with traditional streets and temples. A few nice bars, cafes and restaurants nearby, and near the subway for easy access to the rest of the city, though it is not particularly central or a big nightlife area. I would stay here again.

Thank you very much for your review! We are really happy to hear that you liked Asakusa. It has a special atmosphere. Our staff tries to make our hostel, which is one of the bigger ones, as personal as possible! We are always here at the reception for you! We thank you again for staying at Sakura Hostel Asakusa and we are looking forward to welcoming you again here in the future!

I really enjoyed my stay at Sakura. The staff was very helpful, and the location was great!

Thank you very much for your review! We are happy that we were able to help you during your stay! It is always nice to hear that our guests liked Asakusa. It is really a special place within Tokyo. We thank you again for staying at Sakura Hostel Asakusa and we hope to see you again sometime here in the future!

Having stayed in other hostels in Japan, we were thoroughly disappointed by this one. It looked really run down, and the first room we were in had really rickety beds. The rooms are really small so there isn't anywhere to put your bags. I booked our particular room as it was advertised to have curtains on the beds, but our first room didn't. The second room did, thank goodness, as we had to leave early for a flight. The staff were really helpful in getting me a bottom bunk.

Thank you very much for your review. We apologize truly for not reaching your expectations. We also apologize for the rickety beds. We are actually in the process of changing the beds. Unfortunately are we not able to do all this at once. We thank you very much for staying at Sakura Hostel Asakusa and we hope you will give us another chance on your next stay in Tokyo, with new beds then!

Really close to Asakusa where you can buy a lot of present (right before returning home if you forgot anybody) and only 10 minutes walking to the Asakusa line where you can take a direct line to Narita. The beds are comfy and the rooms clean. The girl dormitory have curtains for each bed (but only one plug). The internet signal can be hard to catch in the upper floors. Lots of small restaurants around. I always stay there when I am in Tokyo.

Thank you very much for your nice and detailed review! We are very pleased to hear that you like our hostel. You are right, especially Nakamise Street is one of the best places to buy small presents! We hope you found something nice! Thank you very much for staying at Sakura Hostel Asakusa and we are looking forward to welcoming you again here anytime in the future!

Nice hostel in a good location, really close to the asakusa station. The room I stayed in was okay nothing special and pretty basic but clean with clean sheets and air conditioning and wifi - what else do you need :P hot showers and clean toilets. All you can ask of from a hostel really. Have recommended this hostel to fellow travellers I have met since.

Thank you very much for your nice review! We are happy to hear that you had a good stay in our hostel. We are especially happy to hear that you are recommending our hostel to fellow travelers! We hope to be able to welcome lot's of your friends and hopefully sometime in the future you again! Thank you again very much for staying at Sakura Hostel Asakusa!

Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, clean facilities. I really enjoyed my stay in Sakura Hostel.

The Asakusa Hostel in Tokyo is one of the best hostels I have stayed at and I travel allot. The accommodations are great, location is perfect, and the staff are helpful. Each bunk has an individual curtain, light, and electrical outlet in my room. The location is in the heart of the tourist area where the Senso-ji temple is located. The staff especially Tomo, Lars, and Kyoto were very helpful with directions, giving me maps, and explaining the subway system to me. They were always smiling !

Thank you so much for your nice review! We are more than happy to hear that you had fun here at Sakura Hostel Asakusa. It is always nice to hear that our staff could be of help! Tomo, Kyoko and Lars are very happy to be especially mentioned! We really hope you will come and visit again! Thank you again very much for staying at Sakura Hostel Asakusa!

pros: helpful staff, lively atmosphere, free wifi and actual computer terminals, very clean and relatively spacious rooms cons: location ......a good 10-12 min walk from the nearest subway station. but it is super close to Senso-ji temple, probably one of the top sights in tokyo

Thank you very much for your review. It is nice to hear that you had a nice stay at our hostel. We apologize for the 10-12min walk to the station, although we do hope that the view of Asakusa made it easily bearable for you. You could take a nice route through the Sensoji temple area! We hope you will still choose us for your next stay here in Tokyo! We are very much looking forward to seeing you again! Thank you again very much for staying at Sakura Hostel Asakusa.

Nice hostel and very friendly staff. Kitchen area could be a bit bigger.

Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry to hear that the kitchen space was not big enough. It is fine to use the tables in the lobby to prepare your food too of course. But of course we understand your criticism. Thank you very much for your honesty and for staying at Sakura Hostel Asakusa! Next time we can maybe use part of the lobby and cook together! Vielen herzlichen Dank fuer Ihren Aufenthalt! Wir hoffen sie bald wieder begruessen zu duerfen!

Very friendly staff (they can speak perfect English!), with comfortable facilities, easy to meet other backpackers. Most intimate-feeling 8-bed dorm I've been in, you close the drape and it's as if you were alone (except the occasional snoring). Location: all good-budget hotels are in Asakusa so it's right in the middle of it and close to Sensoji Temple, but at least 10min walk to metro.

• 11th Jun 2014

We appreciate your nice review very much! It is very nice to hear that you had a nice stay here. We apologize for the snoring anyway. The privacy curtains are not sound proof, sadly. But we hope you had a good sleep anyway! Hopefully you can come again sometime in the future! Thank you again for staying at Sakura Hostel Asakusa!