Sakura Hostel Asakusa

Fabulous 1530 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1530 Total Reviews

14th Apr 2017

Great hostel in a lovely and quiet area (Asakusa, one of the touristic attractions). I would repeat

• Mexico, Female, 31-40
12th Apr 2017

It's becoming a very popular place to stay in Tokyo, sometimes feels very crowded. Nonetheless the service is great!!

Thank you very much for your awesome review! It is our pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stays at our hostel. We'll be really happy if you could visit us again on your next trip to Tokyo.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
6th Apr 2017

Lovely hostel, great atmosphere. I chatted with a lot of people in the common area and dorm room and all the staff were really friendly, welcoming and helpful. The bed was quite squeaky which I felt bad about - every time I moved I was scared I'd wake everyone up! And the plug socket by the bed is so near the edge that it wouldn't fit my charger, not a big deal but just be warned yours might not fit but you can leave your phone to charge safely behind reception. But lovely, chilled out hostel :)

• Singapore, Male, 41+
1st Apr 2017

Stayed for one night. Very near to Sensoji Temple. Staff has good knowledge of major attractions in and around Tokyo and can tell you how to get there

31st Mar 2017

Great hostel, awesome atmosphere. Really easy to meet people here and the events the hostel hosts are really good. It's best value for your money I would say.

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
29th Mar 2017

Relaxed atmosphere, people relax in the common room and the events put on by the hostel get got attendance. It's got a good central location for the price so you can get to ueno, Shinjuku or tsujki stops easy enough.

• TravelingSnacker
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
29th Mar 2017

This is the second time I've stayed here. The first time my friend got us a private room. I wish I had gotten my own room this time. The dorm I was in was disgusting. The girl in the bunk under me kept all her clothes spread out on the floor area under the bunk and it smelled disgusting. The kitchen is handy.

• jessiey10
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Mar 2017
7.1

Stayed for 4 nights in a 6 bed female dorm (203). the rooms and bathroom had a musky smell like it needed a good airing, and the dorms all open into a freezing cold corridor exposed to the elements. Located 10-15mins from the subway, food and Senso-Ji temple. However if arriving at night the way from the subway can be sketchy and confusing. However I luckily met some great people at the hostel, however it doesn't have the feel of a social environment as mentioned in the other reviews.

Thank you very much for your review! For many different aspects, we're studying and trying to make things better everyday. We really hope next time you visit Tokyo, our hostel would be a part of your trip.

26th Mar 2017
6.0

Small room and no space for luggage. But we stayed just a night and it was ok. We stayed in the basement and it was quite noisy.

Thank you very much for your advice! We apologize if the rooms were noisy while your stay at our hotel. And also there is luggage storage at basement. We're trying our best to make this hostel a better place. We will make a place where everyone gets nice and relaxing time while they are in our hotels. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Tokyo.

• England, Female, 25-30
25th Mar 2017
7.1

This hostel is in a really good location. Lots of restaurants and shops around and about 10 minute walk to the subway station. There's plenty of facilities available too. Downfall was that my room was freezing and also very cramped. Everyone's bags were on top of each other and it was difficult to move around.