Salford Arms Hotel

Good 235 Total Reviews

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
22nd Apr 2017
8.0

Most hotels in Manchester put their prices up for gigs but this hotel was reasonably priced, in walking distance from the train station, bus station and arena. The room was basic but did what it needed to do.

• England, Couple, 41+
15th Apr 2017
2.6

This hostel is disgusting the room was cold and dirty...the lights were full of dead flies .... pubic hair on floors....window didn't close...i wouldn't let my dog sleep in it so won't ever return...SAVE YOUR MONEY LOOK ELSEWHERE!!!!

• Wales, Male, 25-30
8th Apr 2017
6.6

I'm not sure what I expected for the price I paid on a Saturday night in Manchester but the hotel part of the Salford Arms absolutely reeked of stale cigarette smoke which was very off putting. Staff were friendly enough and the pub downstairs had a good atmosphere along with a great selection of drinks at a decent price. This place is fine if you just need a bed after a night out in the city but I'd never take my girlfriend here as I know she would walk straight out.

• Portugal, Couple, 25-30
11th Feb 2017
6.3

Myself and my husband stayed one night in a double room. There was a construction work just beside our window everyday and night, we were not warned about this while checking in. Plus, the two windows existing in the room were broken, having a constant draft and helping the construction sound getting amplified all night. Seeing the room from the outside, we found a sleeping bag stucked in one of the windows and a painting glued to the other. The staff was nice and the vegan chef super talented!

• Ireland, Male, 41+
11th Feb 2017
2.9

Overnight road works meant nobody in hotel could sleep all night

14th Dec 2016
5.7

Shag pad. The only reason you should go to this hotel is if you're on a romantic getaway, albeit it's not great for that either, but it sure was the cheapest thing available. We had to check in at the bar which was weird, we weren't even sure if we were in the right place. This place was kind of gross, there was a REALLY smelly mens toilet by the exit, lots of steep stairs too. I did like the shower in this place, because it was in the room and I could watch my partner through the clear glass.

• England, Couple, 31-40
10th Dec 2016

Friendly and polite staff. Good sized clean room. If you are after somewhere quiet this isn't the place for you as the pub was still open when we got back at 1:30am but for us this wasn't a problem.

• England, Male, 18-24
10th Dec 2016
6.0

Just an old school pub with a few undated rooms which are very basic. Ideal place to stay for the football or boxing as nearby the Manchester arena. Ok for a lads weekend but do not take your partner for a weekend away. Staff were brilliant in the pub places just needs a good clean.

• England, Female, 25-30
29th Nov 2016
8.0

The place must have been quiet because they gave me a room with 3 beds and an en suite. The room had everything I needed, bed was comfy but I like a hard mattress, water was hot, towels were clean. The room is above a bar but it was a weekday and the music stopped at 12. Although the room was clean the floors for some reason were covered in bits of dust and dirt. Cheapest place I could find at late notice that wasn't a dorm in a hostel and I was pleasantly surprised by the service and room

• India, Female, 31-40
20th Nov 2016
7.1

I was there for only one night. Staff is friendly. The heating wouldn't come on and it took long time to gt it working. The wifi didn't work. Could not even go to my Gmail inbox. I took a single standard private room with a shower but shared toilets. It was inconvenient going down the maze yo use the toilet.