Salitre Hostel Reviews

Rua do Salitre 134, Lisbon, Portugal

We stayed at Salitre Hostel for four nights in a private double room. The room was clean and had everything we needed. The staff was very friendly and helped us very quickly when we were suddenly invaded by ants ;) They also provided help with printing boarding passes and calling a taxi to the airport. The kitchen has everything you need for cooking etc. The breakfast offered cornflakes, milk, coffee, tea, fruits, bread, butter and jam. All you need for a good start in the day :)

A really good value for money place. Simple but great. The staff were very friendly.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Poland

very nice hostel, clean calm good staff and close to station metro i recommand with problem!!

New safes are necessary

We were very pleased with the room (a double room), it was clean and comfortable. However, not so impressed with the bathrooms, which didn't seem quite so clean... I would recommend it for one night but probably not for a longer stay.

Value for money = satisfied. I liked this place in general. But if I have to pick one thing that bothered me the most, I would say the shower. Low water pressure, hand-holding shower. I don't understand why they don't fix it cause fixing it will save so much water and money technically. Anyway, I do recommend this place.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel is goog value for the money. It's not really far away from the centre. It's a plesant 15 minutes walk. The Metro is 300m away. One thing that I didn't "like" was that the stuff was not Portugese. So you won't get any usefull information about Lisbon etc. But they are helpful if you need something. The breakfast is not really something you can call breakfast. Bread, marmelade, butter and some mussli. Not really tasty. So we made our own breakfast. But it's still really cheap.

When we arrived we got a fantastic introduction by Arthur (staff) who explained everything about the hostel. It is very clean and open and the kitchen is fantastic. The staff are also very friendly and welcoming

• 3rd Oct 2014