Salitre Hostel Reviews

Rua do Salitre 134, Lisbon, Portugal

When the door does not lock and the security box is just a plastic box with some strips and a lock i guess I can not give any rating for security, also no 24h reception and the maindoor opens with a digital number lock so people can just enter without living there. I did not like the atmosphere to much, I did not really talk to anybody on my stay. The place is clean in general.

Nice hostel, very close to a metro station. If you like walking, Bairro Alto (nightlife neighbourhood) it’s only a 15 minute walk! The staff was quite friendly, but we thought they should speak portuguese and/or know more about tourism in Lisbon, because local recommendations and tips are better than folders and maps. Also, bedrooms don't have proper lockers; you'll find a plastic box with a lock. All in all, we had a good night - bedrooms are well ventilated and mattress are great!

The room was spacious and clean, as were the shared bathrooms and kitchen area. There was no feeling of social atmosphere however, not a party hostel forsure. The owner seemed uninterested in helping us with ordinary questions/concerns we had. However the rest if the staff was more accomodating

Everything was amazing!Thanks Martin!

I didn´t liked it.

• 12th Aug 2014

Nice place for the price. Quick walk from metro. Staff was helpful. The bathrooms could have been cleaner. Beds were nice. Was only there for a night but met my expectations.

The staff and atmosphere where very good! We had a very nice stay in this hostel!! It's a recommendation to go back, especially to the double room!

• 26th Jul 2014

Nice place for staying in Lisbon.

This was a very nice chill place a little out of the main city drag. The dorms were very comfortable and the staff were helpful.

Extremely friendly staff, very close to the subway station.

Staff were on the whole really good. Just some mix ups here and there with the boss.

Kind and helpful staff

I had the most amazing stay at Salitre Hostel! It is in the perfect location - a 10 minute walk from everything in Lisbon, and the area isn't overpopulated by tourists. The staff were lovely and incredibly helpful with any questions we had. Obrigado Salitre! We will be visitng again :)

Comfortable beds and pleasant and helpful staff. Although at first I thought the toilets and showers were scarce, I did not find a problem to use the facilities. At certain times, during breakfast, the kitchen is full of people though. Stayed there for two nights. Good price/quality ratio.

I stayed for a really short time... less than one day... The only thing that bothered me was the bathroom... there are no showers, only handheld showers... it's hard to wash long hair with those! And the bathroom was a little bit dark and bad ventilated, probably due to the house, it's an old building and not all renovations are possible... Besides that, everything was ok! And the staff were very very very helpfull!

Everyone working there (Denis, Martin and Sarah) were great. Had an excellent time, and they were able to offer some good tips on where to go. Definitely a good hostel.

The staff at the hostel were really friendly and helpful!! The rooms and toilets were clean, breakfast was good and the overall atmosphere was a very homey one! It was worth every cent paid and i would definitely choose salitre hostel if i visit lisbon again :)

We were very pleased with the accommodation we got. The staff was extreme friendly and I want to thank them all for the help and pleasant hosting. Kind regards, Briek

Would definitely recommend this hostel. The staff was super nice and could give a bunch of good recommendations as he himself was a local. Everything was clean and the atmosphere pretty relaxed. The location is close (10 min walk) to the bairro alto, where all the pubs and bars are. All in all we had a really good time!

This hostel is a pretty good bargain. The hostel is very pretty and theres some really cool artwork of Lisbon in the kitchen. I left a personal item at this hostel and the staff was accommodating in helping me retrieve it on my return trip. Martim had some really good suggestions for what to do. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant owned by the same person for sanitary reasons.