Salitre Hostel Reviews

Rua do Salitre 134, Lisbon, Portugal

very nice hostel, clean calm good staff and close to station metro i recommand with problem!!

New safes are necessary

We were very pleased with the room (a double room), it was clean and comfortable. However, not so impressed with the bathrooms, which didn't seem quite so clean... I would recommend it for one night but probably not for a longer stay.

Value for money = satisfied. I liked this place in general. But if I have to pick one thing that bothered me the most, I would say the shower. Low water pressure, hand-holding shower. I don't understand why they don't fix it cause fixing it will save so much water and money technically. Anyway, I do recommend this place.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel is goog value for the money. It's not really far away from the centre. It's a plesant 15 minutes walk. The Metro is 300m away. One thing that I didn't "like" was that the stuff was not Portugese. So you won't get any usefull information about Lisbon etc. But they are helpful if you need something. The breakfast is not really something you can call breakfast. Bread, marmelade, butter and some mussli. Not really tasty. So we made our own breakfast. But it's still really cheap.

When we arrived we got a fantastic introduction by Arthur (staff) who explained everything about the hostel. It is very clean and open and the kitchen is fantastic. The staff are also very friendly and welcoming

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Aruba

This hostel was great! Martin (the manager) was incredibly helpful, friendly & available for anything we needed. The cleaners work incredibly hard & are amazing people - it definitely shows the work that they do here. Nice place to relax, but also a good place to meet people & go out drinking if you wanted to. Not far to walk to the main centre at all. Only downside was the room we were in was quite noisy in the mornings but all you need is earplugs. Overall, great hostel, would stay again :-)

The hairdryer was not working properly (only cool air). Best wishes to the girl from India (staff), good luck with your business :)

They have internet only in the common room.

When the door does not lock and the security box is just a plastic box with some strips and a lock i guess I can not give any rating for security, also no 24h reception and the maindoor opens with a digital number lock so people can just enter without living there. I did not like the atmosphere to much, I did not really talk to anybody on my stay. The place is clean in general.

Staff is extremely unhelpful.

Lovely hostel in a great location in Lisbon. The manager, Martin, was great and very friendly. The hostel was about a 15 minute walk from Bairro Alto as well as the center and main sights. I felt very safe and secure there. The atmosphere was friendly which is important when traveling alone -- I met several really cool people who I went out with both during the day for sightseeing and at night to get some dinner and drinks. Overall, highly recommended!

Nice hostel, very close to a metro station. If you like walking, Bairro Alto (nightlife neighbourhood) it’s only a 15 minute walk! The staff was quite friendly, but we thought they should speak portuguese and/or know more about tourism in Lisbon, because local recommendations and tips are better than folders and maps. Also, bedrooms don't have proper lockers; you'll find a plastic box with a lock. All in all, we had a good night - bedrooms are well ventilated and mattress are great!

The room was spacious and clean, as were the shared bathrooms and kitchen area. There was no feeling of social atmosphere however, not a party hostel forsure. The owner seemed uninterested in helping us with ordinary questions/concerns we had. However the rest if the staff was more accomodating

Everything was amazing!Thanks Martin!

I didn´t liked it.

• 12th Aug 2014

Lovely staff, very helpful and accommodating. Would most definitely stay again or recommend to friends.

Nice place for the price. Quick walk from metro. Staff was helpful. The bathrooms could have been cleaner. Beds were nice. Was only there for a night but met my expectations.

The staff and atmosphere where very good! We had a very nice stay in this hostel!! It's a recommendation to go back, especially to the double room!

• 26th Jul 2014

Nice place for staying in Lisbon.