Salmon Weir Hostel Reviews

3 St. Vincent Avenue, Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

Extremely friendly staff, great location and facilities were great value!!

The hostel is in a great location. Everything is easily accesable and tthe staff is extremely helpful and kind. You really feel welcome in the hostel and just like another guy who is handing over money for a over the head roof. When I come back to Galway, I know where to go. Keep it up Salmon Weir!

• 10th Jan 2015

An amazing hostel with splendid staff. If you are interested in a big "factory" like hotel hostel, this is not your place. If you want actual human interaction, and a place you feel at home, then book here.

I originally had planned to stay here for 2 nights, but my stay at Salmon Weir Hostel was so AMAZING that I decided to stay an extra week!!! All the staff are very warm and welcomed me like I was family....They are very helpful with places to go and things to do :) The hostel is very clean (Bathroom and Kitchen scrubbed daily) and has everything one could need. If you want to feel that "Home Away From Home" experience at an affordable price...you should definitely stay here!!!!

• 2nd Jan 2015

The staff was friendly The kitchen is well furnished The shower can be hot but extreamly not easy to use Overall stay ok, but there is a REALLY BIG PROBLEM about HUMIDITY!!!! our tower never dried....

Old property compared to othErs in Galway. Not mentioned when booking, but there is a 3am curfew in this hostel, which is annoying (have stayed in Link at house and Sleepzone who do not have curfews). Would not stay again for that reason

• 19th Dec 2014

A cozy place to stay. Feels like sharing someone's home, which you are because there a long term people there. Very friendly and multicultural. Most people hang out in the lounge or kitchen and mingle so great for a solo traveller. No room keys which is why I rated security low but not an issue. Lockers are available. Good location, away from the noise but close enough to walk to the action.

The hostel itself was quite average. The bathrooms were clean and there was hot water, which was great. The German guy at the reception was a very helpful and nice person, and made my stay at the hostel nice. But some of the staff were quite strange, I didnt feel comfortable leaving my stuff in the room when heading out to town.

This place was absolutely disgusting and by far the worst hostel I have ever seen. You should honestly take this off your booking site. We got there, our credit card was charged, and the host immediately took up upstairs to a small bedroom with stained sheets. He promptly informed us the room had no heat. When he walked us downstairs, the kitchen smelled foul. I felt like throwing up just standing there.

• 27th Nov 2014

really great place, met a ton of nice people, and it was such a friendly atmoshphere!

The twin room is so small that it can hardly contain a bunk bed

HOME AWAY FROM HOME! This hostel has a very homey feel, the only odd thing is that it's very quiet and calm compared to other loud and lively hostels. The employees were great , very helpful, the bathrooms were always very clean & tidy. I would stay here again, the location is perfect just outside of the main area.

The bedrooms are quite small but it's to be expected in a city hostel. Major point is that it's easily accessible by car (with a small parking nearby) and much more quiet than hotels located in the shopping streets. Bathrooms are okay.

I liked this hostel

Staff was very great, friendly and helpful all the time. Bed was very comfortable witch was great after hours and hours of walking and it was nicely clean. For location there is nothing to say except marvelous, 3min walk to center square and Shop street. Recommended without thinking!

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

the best hostel I've ever been to! the atmosphere is fantastic- there is this common room with a tv where we hung out with other people from the hostel and watched movies and just talked... and it really feels like home :) also the kitchen is very homey :) really excellent! i recommend it very much! oh and the staff is super friendly!

Not going to lie the Admin lady was a little strange at check in. The stairs were pretty narrow and the rooms were a little dank but it was still more then serviceable. Maybe going from a top hostel to a regular one was a bit much for me to take at the time.

A really nice place, I liked the generous kitchen and the backyard. Funny that it's a bit of a nanny place (curfew at 3am, and they take your dirty laundry and wash it for you). And unfortunately our tiny room smelled of mildew and the power sockets didn't work in it, but I recognise it's quite an old house.

Nice little hostel in walking distance to the city centre. The rooms are clean but very tiny, you don't have have much space for your things! Just one bathroom on every floor, so when somebody is in the shower you're likely to wait to go to the toilet for awhile. You don't get keys for the room. But all in all it's a good little hostel to sty in for a night or two.

The staff is really amazing and made me feel like at home. They have an excellent kitchen and a cosy common room. The dorms are indeed small, but the beds are clean and comfortable.