Salmon Weir Hostel Reviews

3 St. Vincent Avenue, Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

It took me and my husband some time to warm up to this place. Upon checking out, we decided this place was a great value as it was perfectly located. The bathrooms were surprisingly clean! The bed, however, was a bit less clean- many hairs were stuck to the pillow cases (and they were all different kinds of hairs from different people). I got over the willies I had from a less clean bed and actually slept very soundly. Though our interaction with Alberto wasn't great, everyone else was nice.

• 24th Mar 2015

Great little hostel with a cosy and homey feel, lovely and welcoming staff and clean, safe rooms. Would definitely recommend staying here if you find yourself in Galway!

• 23rd Mar 2015

Very friendly staff, kind and helpful. Excellent location. Totally worth it to stay in this hostel

We had a great stay here! The staff was more than helpful and really helped us feel welcome!

I spent two nights in Galway and stayed in Salmon Weir hostel. It was a good hostel with a nice staff and good facilities. Beds were comfy and so was the blankets! It was also located well, very close to Galway center. Galway was a nice city and if I come back, I will stay here again!

The rooms are small, but the beds are sturdy and comfortable. There were lockers available in the rooms, staff was super friendly and helpful. A great place to meet fellow travelers as well, I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone!

Had a lovely stay at Salmon Wier and didn't want to leave! The staff was really sweet, it was cozy, and everything was really clean and nice.

compared to other hostels I ffelt some of their staff particularly were not very welcoming and enthusiastic about other nationalities coming to the hostel.unless you were French. The staff is predominantly french SO PERHAPS ITS UNDERSTANDABLE and there is a communication difficulty (English) The hostel operates a curfew!

• 11th Mar 2015

The staff is super friendly. I would definitely go back. You just have to be comfortable around possibly eleven other people in the room.

Staff was excellent, fun atmosphere, very home-like. Great location for exploring the city. Kitchen is small if multiple people are trying to use it.

I really liked the familiar atmosphere and we met nice people. The location is also perfect and the kitchen nice. Just the beds are not so comfortable and my shower changed from very cold to hot all the time (the others had more luck with their shower though)

• 6th Mar 2015

The staff was friendly. It was nice to feel included in a family-esq atmosphere.

• 6th Mar 2015

We really enjoyed the atmopshere and the people, thank you!

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

The hosts were very welcoming. The living room is cosy and the 2 kitchens are great for if you want to cook. The beds are comfortable and the duvets are nice and warm. The only negative is that the house feels a bit dated and could do with some upgrades (mostly for aesthetic reasons). The bathrooms are cleaned every day. If you're used to hostels, this is a great value for money. If not, you might want to pay a little more for a more modern hostel.

• 28th Feb 2015

A lovely and welcoming place to stay !! Staff is just amazing and extremely nice ! A special thanks to Dominique ! Really calm and a 5 minutes walk to the city centre and bus station.

I m not so exigent but I expect some cleaness and respect from the staff. I don t want to be the target of bad jokes, when people juge you just for a prejudice its really impolite. So I dont recommand this hostel, one guy staff s member was really unrespectfull and I think it s not normal to feel inconfortable like that when you paid an hostel.

• 20th Feb 2015

This was the best hostel I stayed in during my whole trip in Ireland. Ok, It's a small place, the room I stayed was really smal and you have to be there before 3AM... but I didn't matter at all. In Galway like in the rest of Ireland, most of the places close around 2AM. The common areas are cozy, with a big kitchen full equiped, big sofas in the living room, good wi-fi, a computer with access to internet, and guitars! It really felt like home!

Ok hostel. Good location in Galway. There are lockers with free locks inside the rooms, but the rooms themselves are not locked. Showers are not too good. Wifi is good and staff is nice.

Salmon Weir was located close to the center of Galway, but just outside the hustle and bustle. The rooms were comfortable, clean and homey. The bathrooms were clean as well. The staff was friendly and helpful. Things were quiet around 1am.

A good hostel with healthy atmosphere.