Salmon Weir Hostel Reviews

3 St. Vincent Avenue, Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

For that price very good. Kitchen was very good furnished. Not so good was that you actually cant lock your roomdoor, so everyone could walk into. I was in an six bed room with only two lockers... Fortunately I was alone in that room, so it was okay :D Staff is very nice and friendly. They are very cooperative if you have any questions or needs :)

• 10th Feb 2016

Excelent location, amazing and homy personal alwsys for you. The rooms were ok and the bathrooms cleans and there is a lot of them. I meet amazing people there :)

One of the best hostel of Galway ! Small and friendly, the Salmon is THE place to crash and meet some people easyer.

• 9th Jan 2016

They charged my account even though I cancelled within the free cancellation period. They have not responded to my numerous emails asking for a refund. Shameful business. I am filing a dispute with my credit card company.

The room I stayed in was pretty small but the place had character and the owners were very nice.

The rooms are small and there isn't enough space for big luggage. The kitchen and the bathrooms are ok.

It was really nice. We only could be there one night, but it was clean despite it's a quite old building. Great staff and evironment. The only bad thing I can say it's that rooms are quite small and we hadn't key for the door of the room, so the room was always open.

Smallest hostel room I ever saw! We had the 6 bed bedroom and had barely space to move. The bathroom was also really small and the floor was dirty and uninviting. I would not rent it again if I would do my trip again.

I was so surprised about the hostel. It was REALLY clean, the staff was super friendly and helpful, the location it's amazing and I didn't even mind the curfew. Incredible experience.

Small but cosy hostel in with staff consisting of former backpackers and travelers. I've stayed in a number of hostels in Galway and SalmonWeir has the best backpacker atmosphere of them. I guess it had more of an independent vibe whereas some other hostels in Galway can feel like a business.

I liked the hostel, they are very friendly and the environment is nice. I could sleep very well there, no noise during the night! I felt very comfortable.

The rooms are the smallest you can imagine, sheets are not clean and beds are really unconfortable. Apart from that, it's not a homely place at all. It is cheap, that is true.

Fuimos un fin de semana a Galway y por lo tanto buscamos algo barato..pero definitivamente no vuelvo a ir a este hostel...no te dan ninguna llave, por lo tanto tienes que estar antes de las 3 am si sales por la noche, lo que te limita y respecto a la limpieza he estado en varios hostels en planbaratos y este se lleva la palma ..asco...una de las habitaciones grandes era una pocilga..había un olor a zorruno y bueno si solo quieres dormír pues vale pero si quieres estar algo cómodo no vayas

The room are small but enough space for your stuff, the place is homely, all the people chat in the living room, the have a curfew till 3 am, but it is alright the pubs close at 2am, so, no much to do after. the staff is amazing, I definitely would come back.

The rooms and hallways are a bit small and tight but the rest was absolutely fantastic. Lots of attention to detail - soap and a towel for the hands in the bathrooms, all the kitchen utensils you need (even the oven works!) and a cool living room with guitars and other entertainment. Really enjoyed our stay, thank you!

• 3rd Nov 2015

This was probably the worst hostel I've stayed at. For one, the doors to each dorm do not lock and there are not enough lockers in each room to secure your bags. My room smelled of sweat and my bed was not very clean. I will not be staying here again. The only toilet on my floor was filthy.

This hostel is quite close to the main square in Galway which is nice. Staff are friendly. However, there was mold all over the room I was in (some of it was right by the bed), and all along the ceiling in the common bathroom. Even with a window open the room smelled. There was garbage behind the bed (it's not up against the wall) and the space heater was really grimey. I would not go back.

Small, cluttered, smelly and lacking atmosphere. Staff very poor. The hostel states they have parking available but when we arrived they informed us that you need to find it on the street. The street parking is all timed and so the staff member told us to park in the shopping centre carpark closeby, however then our car was clamped and we were fined. Upon expressing our disappointment at the bad advice the staff member who knew he'd made a mistake began to get quite aggressive towards us.

The staff at the hostel was nice and helpful and it's really cheap to stay there not far away from the centre. But, the walls of biggest dormitory were covered with mould. You could smell it as soon as you walked in. If you don't mind that it's fine.

it's been the most relaxed staff ever and such a stress-free atmosphere

« first « Prev 1 2 3