Salmon Weir Hostel Reviews

3 St. Vincent Avenue, Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

Nice hostel close to the city center!

I loved this hostel. It was warm and welcoming and full of interesting people!

• 21st Mar 2014

The staff was friendly and nice but the room (twin beds) was so tiny, we almost couldn't access to the window ! Without any heating system, i was cold.

• 19th Mar 2014

I loved this hostel!! the staff and people are very nice and friendly. If I ever go back to galway I'm definitely staying here again!!!

I only stayed at Salmon Weir one night, and I am pretty grateful about it. I dropped off my stuff mid afternoon, and the receptionist forgot minor things like to tell me where my room was. I didn't get a key or keycard of any sort, no pass saying I was in the hostel, and there was no lock on the dorm door. Then when I returned at roughly 3 am on st. patricks day, I just rang the doorbell, was let in by a person I'd never seen before and allowed to go to my dorm, no questions asked.

So this was by far the least secure hostel I've stayed in- at 2 am on st. Pattys day I rang the door bell and a receptionist id never seen let me in no questions asked, and there were no locks on the dorm rooms either. Nothing bad happened, but I'm glad I was only there one night

Good hostel with helpful and nice staff. Located in the city centre and near to shopping centre (tesco, lidl). Breakfast not incluided and bedrooms without keys but safety

It was one of the best hostels I ever stayed in! Absolutely lovely staff, clean, perfectly equipped kitchen. I just didn't like the gas cooker and oven but our room was tidy and it was quiet enough to sleep at night. The atmosphere was fantastic, after the first day we felt like part of "the family".Thanks a lot for the lovely time!

Very friendly hostel staff who help even in the worst circumstances!

• 10th Mar 2014

The hostel was not to my personal taste (small, quite cluttered and old fashioned) but was clean and had the essential facilities. The staff were also really friendly and helpful. My stay was good and was only tainted by the strange man who shared a room with me. Perhaps if an option to stay in a female dorm was offered my stay would have been much more pleasant.

could not close our room was twin room and we pay for it cant charge phone because was no power in our room we staying one night so we did not make more comments but not sure will stay there again

Cramped rooms but cheap. Helpful and friendly staff.

It's ok if your not planning on staying long because there's not much space (neither in the kitchen, dinning or rooms). Also we had a rooom that had a window to the street and at 3am you can hear everyone who was leaving pubs making their escandals jajah, so not so good to get a real sleep. Staff is really nice and eventhough you have to share bathroom facilities, they really make their best to keep them clean.

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Really friendly staffs. It was really cosy and the hostel is well-situated near the city centre, bus station. 5 mins walk away from supermarkets. Spacious bathroom.

If you're looking for a cheap but comfortable place to stay, it's great. They had showers, free towels, 2 full kitchens, free tea and coffee all the time. It was great.

• 14th Feb 2014

Excellent stay, very nice staff, great atmosphere. The only thing is the bathrooms, which, without being completely filthy, are not really easy to use (common showers without doors, hot water sometimes broken). I would advice this place whatsoever !

• 7th Feb 2014

Everything was great! Just the bedroom is a little small for 4 people...

This place is a little crazy and a lot like home. Met so many amazing people here. Down side was lockers were pretty small and was woken up by drunks singing in the hallway at 4am. Still, all around I´d count it a good place and would definitely stay here again.

Everything was perfect, except for the room we were in was very moist. This is my second time staying in this hostel and I have been in many of the rooms, but room no. 5 was the only one I experienced this in. They did, however, give us a dehumidifier for the room which helped a lot, but the walls beside the the bed and window were still moist in the morning.

It was great. Just perfect for somewhere to sleep at night. The staff were very friendly and it was clean and comfortable. What more could you ask for?

• 17th Jan 2014