Salmon Weir Hostel

7.8
Very Good 1926 Total Reviews

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
18th Sep 2017

This hostel was in a great location. The staff was so friendly and helpful, and they kept everything super clean. The noise on the street is a bit loud, but overall we enjoyed this hostel.

17th Sep 2017
7.1

I enjoyed staying at this hostel even though it was not one of the better quality and well-kept places I've stayed. Regardless, I would stay there again. It seems like it could use some renovating. The Staff were very kind and helpful! I think the owner should know that it is misleading stating on the site that they have parking available at the hostel. There is only paid and public parking that is not affiliated with the hostel. Overall, it was a friendly environment!

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
16th Sep 2017

I found my stay at the Salmor Weir Hostel very enjoyable and accommodating. Dominic made me feel right at home as I soon as I arrived and was helpful in getting me familiar with the city. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking to visit Galway as its so central. The only drawback for me however was the 3am curfew as I had to cut my night out short to get back to the hostel on time! Perhaps this is something they could change in future but apart from that I was very satisfied overall.

13th Sep 2017
6.9

Location and staff were good. The building is old and the interior needs immediate renovation. Bed and toilet were clean. However, heaps of clothes and personal belongings of the guests lay around. It is extremely cluttered. If you value cleanliness above money, then you may look around for some other options.

4th Sep 2017
8.0

There were only two proper outlet bases for our whole room. And instead of the usual crates under the bed, there were smallish lockers to put your stuff in. Not large enough for my whole bag. The bathrooms were clean, and the water was hot. They didn't have room keys or anything, just the front door locked, and manned from 8am-3am. Didn't feel like the most secure? But not the end of the world. Location was great, and staff had maps.

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
2nd Sep 2017
4.3

We booked into a 6 bed dorm. The room was grossly over populated with beds. The common areas and bathrooms were filthy. There are no locks on the bedroom doors. The only saving grace was that the bed linen was clean. There is no parking with hostel only on street parking. Other beds looked like they were in a corridor that led to another room of beds. Safe to say we won't be back. Ever!!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
1st Sep 2017
8.0

It was ok. There was a bit of a mix up. My reservation had be for 2 days but there system said 5 days so make sure you know what you expect to pay before you arrive. The owner sorted it out so it was good. The rooms were really really small. You don't get a key to the room or the front door. The front door is locked 24/7 and is manned between 8am and 3am. 3 am is the curfew. There are small lockers in the rooms but won't fit a pack. It felt more like a long term hostel.

28th Aug 2017

This is a mom n'pop hostel. It's warm, homey, and small. The staff was very friendly and the owner was welcoming. Plus: nice communal tv/laptop, hair dryer for hire. Con: 3AM CURFEW! You will not be let in.

• USA, Female, 31-40
26th Aug 2017
7.7

A little cramped in small rooms with beds crowded rather close together but it was clean. Great area of town worth lots of walkable pubs and restaurants. Overall a good stay.

23rd Aug 2017

Salmon Weir is a good hostel! Definitely not the fanciest, but it is comfy and homey, had good vibes, and great facilities. Definitely seemed like a hostel people might opt for for longer stays. They provided free tea and coffee (or at least I assumed it was free) so that was nice. Its a short walk from the center of Galway, as well as transport. The staff was friendly and helpful enough. It was a short stay, but the other patrons we talked to were cool as well! Thanks guys!

×