Salmon Weir Hostel Reviews

3 St. Vincent Avenue, Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

The hostel is good in general (clean bathrooms, good showers, beds and kitchen). Negative point: have time to close (3 in the night), so you cannot enjoy the night until the end.

• 28th Jun 2014

Really lovely stay, staff were really relaxed. Just one thing was annoying that we did not have a key to front door as had t obe back by three in the morning as we would have been locked out otherwise! and one of the showers was a little small! Apart from that really lovely and the price is very cheap :)

• 30th May 2014

The non-present Irish owner seems to have the hostel only as an investment venture and has minimal facilities. The French cew managing the hostel gets the high remarks.

Very kind and helpful staff. Small hostel with nice atmosphere. We spent night at double bed private room and even though weather was not so cold the heaters were on which was comfy.

Great hostel! Beds are comfortable, showers & toilets very clean, and it was easy to meet new people in the lounge & kitchen areas

We staied in a 6 bed bedroom and it was really small, se could not stand in the room all at the same time. But the people there is so nice, so receptive that it did not bothered us at all. There is no breakfast included but there is a lot of supermarkets near the hostel and they have an amazing kitchen. The place is good value for money and the staff is amazing. The location is great.

Great hostel, good located!

This is the right hostel to stay in Galway. It's very close to the canal and only a 10 minutes walk from the central pub area.

We spent four days in this hostel and we had a great time. I would to highlight the amability of the staff, specially Don and Xavi. We received advice, recommendations and different options to enjoye the city of Galway. The hostel atmosphere is fantastic and comfortable.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Spain

The rooms didn't lock, so whilst the front door was monitored by staff, anyone in the hostel can go into your room. However, they do provide large lockers in all the rooms. The staff were unable to book tours for us but they do offer pamphlets so they do provide a bit of information and a city map. The bathrooms were pretty clean. It is close to Shop Street, only a 5 minute walk away. There are two kitchens which are well-equipped.

Nice hostel close to the city center!

I loved this hostel. It was warm and welcoming and full of interesting people!

• 21st Mar 2014

The staff was friendly and nice but the room (twin beds) was so tiny, we almost couldn't access to the window ! Without any heating system, i was cold.

• 19th Mar 2014

I loved this hostel!! the staff and people are very nice and friendly. If I ever go back to galway I'm definitely staying here again!!!

I only stayed at Salmon Weir one night, and I am pretty grateful about it. I dropped off my stuff mid afternoon, and the receptionist forgot minor things like to tell me where my room was. I didn't get a key or keycard of any sort, no pass saying I was in the hostel, and there was no lock on the dorm door. Then when I returned at roughly 3 am on st. patricks day, I just rang the doorbell, was let in by a person I'd never seen before and allowed to go to my dorm, no questions asked.

So this was by far the least secure hostel I've stayed in- at 2 am on st. Pattys day I rang the door bell and a receptionist id never seen let me in no questions asked, and there were no locks on the dorm rooms either. Nothing bad happened, but I'm glad I was only there one night

Good hostel with helpful and nice staff. Located in the city centre and near to shopping centre (tesco, lidl). Breakfast not incluided and bedrooms without keys but safety

It was one of the best hostels I ever stayed in! Absolutely lovely staff, clean, perfectly equipped kitchen. I just didn't like the gas cooker and oven but our room was tidy and it was quiet enough to sleep at night. The atmosphere was fantastic, after the first day we felt like part of "the family".Thanks a lot for the lovely time!

Very friendly hostel staff who help even in the worst circumstances!

• 10th Mar 2014

The hostel was not to my personal taste (small, quite cluttered and old fashioned) but was clean and had the essential facilities. The staff were also really friendly and helpful. My stay was good and was only tainted by the strange man who shared a room with me. Perhaps if an option to stay in a female dorm was offered my stay would have been much more pleasant.