Salmon Weir Hostel

Very Good 1856 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 1856 Total Reviews

18th Jul 2017

Perfect for a short-time stay in Galway. The price is reasonable, and for 5 euros extra you can have your clothes washed and dried. Good cooking facilities, Italian style-moka coffee machine (and powder) available. Breakfast isn't included, but tea and milk are free.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
8th Jul 2017
7.7

Small hostel, Wi-Fi only works in the common room. Excellent kitchen. Comfortable beds. Great location. Small hostel so it really depends who is there in regards to meeting people. Super small rooms, smallest I've ever stayed. Average showers. Clean toilets.

• conormurray733685
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
4th Jul 2017
7.7

The hostel is in a good location just off Eyre Square so it's quieter than somewhere like Barnacles on Quay Street. There is parking nearby that is free after 6:30PM but you need to pay from 8am the next morning (however we left our car there until 11am and there was no problem). It's a very small, compact hostel and our twin room was very very small. We had our own roomkey and had to be back in the hostel for 3am as they had a curfew. It's ok but wouldn't want to spend too long here.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
3rd Jul 2017

Tiny little hostel, but so worth our money! The employee (or owner?) gave us a tour of the place, and gave us towels to shower with. Everything is very clean, and we had a great night overall!

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
28th Jun 2017
7.1

Handy enough cosy hostel, the staff were fine. Stayed here before a few times but think that this might be last time. The owner was there and he like some hosteliers in Galway has for whatever reason a palpable dislike of Irish guests, distinct hostility and very uncomfortable. I live in the UK, i've used hostels in Europe Canada and states but only problems i've ever encountered have been with the hostility of Galwegian Hosteliers towards Irish guests. It's covert discrimination.

26th Jun 2017

The staff was friendly from the get-go. After showing me around the premises they had an umbrella and a regional plug adapter that I could borrow, and offered to do my laundry. The shower was the type you can turn on and use rather than the type that you have to keep hitting the button, and I paid for a private room in which I was able to lock up all of my stuff. No sense of grunginess from the bathrooms I used. The locale is mere meters from the heart of Galway. I'd stay here again.

17th Jun 2017

Great hostel. Fairly clean and absolutely amazing location. Really quite too so anyone moving about in your room wont make too much sound. Fairly small facility but that doesnt matter at all cause it has great personality. Easy to get to as well.

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Jun 2017
8.0

Everything was fine except that there was mold on the wall by my bed.

13th Jun 2017

Good hostel, not a fan of the curfew though. We ended up getting woken up by people knocking on our window to let them in in the early morning. The internet is pretty slow, mixed dorms are very tight, but they have a great kitchen and the common area is nice, plus they let me park my motorcycle out back. Some of the staff were awesome, people were great. Loved having a late night smoke while jamming out.

13th Jun 2017

Great place for the location and price!