Salmon Weir Hostel Reviews

3 St. Vincent Avenue, Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

The atmosphere was so nice, welcoming and familiar. Also the staff were so friendly and open-minded! The kitchens were outstanding and very good equiped. If we come back to Galway, we are pretty sure we are coming back to this hostel!

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Damian and Dominic are wonderful, always helpful and friendly to all. The hostel is in a quiet location for sleeping, and still close to everything.

This place was great! Nice people great location! Also do the Heanly tours of the cliffs

Tidy and clean hostel and the staff are very friendly. It would be better if they have breakfast.

• 4th Apr 2015

Great environment, lovely owners. You feel at home immediately

• 1st Apr 2015

Best kitchen ever. There is possibility of limited free parking (during night on public carpark) and it should be added to the general information about hostel (possibility of free parking or prices of public parking).

A very eccentric little hostel! It has everything you need and the faciltiies are good, however, its basically two terrace houses knocked through so kinda small. The staff we're really nice, the mood was a bit low in the place but that might have something to do with it raining none stop. Warm, clean, little rooms, very close to town.

Great staff, location and atmosphere, rooms were very small but perfect if you want something cheap and you plan on being out for most of the day.

It took me and my husband some time to warm up to this place. Upon checking out, we decided this place was a great value as it was perfectly located. The bathrooms were surprisingly clean! The bed, however, was a bit less clean- many hairs were stuck to the pillow cases (and they were all different kinds of hairs from different people). I got over the willies I had from a less clean bed and actually slept very soundly. Though our interaction with Alberto wasn't great, everyone else was nice.

Great little hostel with a cosy and homey feel, lovely and welcoming staff and clean, safe rooms. Would definitely recommend staying here if you find yourself in Galway!

• 23rd Mar 2015

Very friendly staff, kind and helpful. Excellent location. Totally worth it to stay in this hostel

We had a great stay here! The staff was more than helpful and really helped us feel welcome!

I spent two nights in Galway and stayed in Salmon Weir hostel. It was a good hostel with a nice staff and good facilities. Beds were comfy and so was the blankets! It was also located well, very close to Galway center. Galway was a nice city and if I come back, I will stay here again!

The rooms are small, but the beds are sturdy and comfortable. There were lockers available in the rooms, staff was super friendly and helpful. A great place to meet fellow travelers as well, I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone!

Had a lovely stay at Salmon Wier and didn't want to leave! The staff was really sweet, it was cozy, and everything was really clean and nice.

compared to other hostels I ffelt some of their staff particularly were not very welcoming and enthusiastic about other nationalities coming to the hostel.unless you were French. The staff is predominantly french SO PERHAPS ITS UNDERSTANDABLE and there is a communication difficulty (English) The hostel operates a curfew!

• 11th Mar 2015

The staff is super friendly. I would definitely go back. You just have to be comfortable around possibly eleven other people in the room.

Staff was excellent, fun atmosphere, very home-like. Great location for exploring the city. Kitchen is small if multiple people are trying to use it.

I really liked the familiar atmosphere and we met nice people. The location is also perfect and the kitchen nice. Just the beds are not so comfortable and my shower changed from very cold to hot all the time (the others had more luck with their shower though)

The staff was friendly. It was nice to feel included in a family-esq atmosphere.

• 6th Mar 2015