Salmon Weir Hostel Reviews

3 St. Vincent Avenue, Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

I liked the hostel, they are very friendly and the environment is nice. I could sleep very well there, no noise during the night! I felt very comfortable.

• 21st Nov 2015

Fuimos un fin de semana a Galway y por lo tanto buscamos algo barato..pero definitivamente no vuelvo a ir a este hostel...no te dan ninguna llave, por lo tanto tienes que estar antes de las 3 am si sales por la noche, lo que te limita y respecto a la limpieza he estado en varios hostels en planbaratos y este se lleva la palma ..asco...una de las habitaciones grandes era una pocilga..había un olor a zorruno y bueno si solo quieres dormír pues vale pero si quieres estar algo cómodo no vayas

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Spain

The room are small but enough space for your stuff, the place is homely, all the people chat in the living room, the have a curfew till 3 am, but it is alright the pubs close at 2am, so, no much to do after. the staff is amazing, I definitely would come back.

The rooms and hallways are a bit small and tight but the rest was absolutely fantastic. Lots of attention to detail - soap and a towel for the hands in the bathrooms, all the kitchen utensils you need (even the oven works!) and a cool living room with guitars and other entertainment. Really enjoyed our stay, thank you!

• 3rd Nov 2015

This was probably the worst hostel I've stayed at. For one, the doors to each dorm do not lock and there are not enough lockers in each room to secure your bags. My room smelled of sweat and my bed was not very clean. I will not be staying here again. The only toilet on my floor was filthy.

This hostel is quite close to the main square in Galway which is nice. Staff are friendly. However, there was mold all over the room I was in (some of it was right by the bed), and all along the ceiling in the common bathroom. Even with a window open the room smelled. There was garbage behind the bed (it's not up against the wall) and the space heater was really grimey. I would not go back.

The staff at the hostel was nice and helpful and it's really cheap to stay there not far away from the centre. But, the walls of biggest dormitory were covered with mould. You could smell it as soon as you walked in. If you don't mind that it's fine.

it's been the most relaxed staff ever and such a stress-free atmosphere

Located close to the streets where all the pubs are - it's a small town, so everything is close! The hostel was quite nice, had everything you needed and everything was clean. The two kitchens were a plus. A minus would be the size of the room - quite cramped. Also, the double bed was smaller than expected, though quite comfortable. Overall, we were pleased with our stay.

Great hostel with a family feel , only downside was no lockers but the front door is kept locked at all times and curfew is enforced past 3 am ! Far enough from Center to be quiet but a short 5- 10 minute walk to everything . Great place to stay!

The guy in reception was very kind, speaking spanish also :) Wifi was ok. Big kitchen. Little room, but it was ok for us. Is a special hostel... :)

A great place to stay in for visiting Galway. It was nice and cozy, I had a warm welcoming tour through the house, when I arrived. The kitchen is quite spacious and a great place to make friends! Supermarkets are up the street (Aldi, Lidl, Tesco) and the main shopping road and loads of great venues are 4 minutes away. The staff is always there for you and reallly friendly. You'll feel more like visiting friends, that have a huge sleepover rather than staying in a hostel.

Amazing staff. Thanks Anne and Dominic :-) The size of the hostel makes it easy to make friends. Just a little cold for me !

Very accommodating and kind staff and a friendly, communal atmosphere. Much like shared housing for young twenty-somethings. If you are asthmatic or allergic, please be warned that at least one of the rooms has black mold growing on the walls and ceilings.

Located very close to the city center. The 4 bed room was a bit tiny. Well furnished kitchen. Very clean kitchen, bathroom and bedrooms. Very good advices given by the staff about Galway.

Rooms were very cramped, and the common room struggled to accommodate everyone at peak hour but the double kitchen was excellent and overall a good hostel in a great location. Shops and the centre of town all close by and didnt have to go far for on street parking. Staff were very friendly.

This hostel was a delight. I just luved the atmosphere of the place. I think the staff member named Ann from Germany was definitely a highlight of the hostel... so helpful!!! Off and running, Corkie has left the hostel;) Cheers! Kelly

The staff is superfriendly and the atmosphere is great!

The staff is really friendly!!

Overall, it was a nice stay (overnight) in Salmon Weilr Hostel, the location is about 5min from the city center and close to the shops. We parked our car just behind the hostel, on the top of that we met the friendly staff and paid a really good price. The bathrooms aren't the best but it worth it for the price.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4