Salmon Weir Hostel Reviews

3 St. Vincent Avenue, Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

The hostel itself was quite average. The bathrooms were clean and there was hot water, which was great. The German guy at the reception was a very helpful and nice person, and made my stay at the hostel nice. But some of the staff were quite strange, I didnt feel comfortable leaving my stuff in the room when heading out to town.

This place was absolutely disgusting and by far the worst hostel I have ever seen. You should honestly take this off your booking site. We got there, our credit card was charged, and the host immediately took up upstairs to a small bedroom with stained sheets. He promptly informed us the room had no heat. When he walked us downstairs, the kitchen smelled foul. I felt like throwing up just standing there.

• 27th Nov 2014