Salmon Weir Hostel Reviews

3 St. Vincent Avenue, Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

This is an awesome hostel with a really chill feel about it, its located just a few blocks from the city center so you're just close enough to walk easily but not kept up at night by the city noises. The staff are amazing and they saved my butt when I lost my wallet on the tour bus and needed a place to stay last minute. All in all the hostel is clean, the security is good and the conversation is awesome, I would definitely recommend staying here!

• 24th Jan 2015

The staff is amazing and very helpful, I recommend a stay with them and my next stay will be with them.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Slovenia

Had a brilliant time in your lovely wee hostel. Your staff were amazingly friendly, hospitable and patient with a drunken Irish nerd, your beds were extremely comfortable, and how convenient you were to the convention and the city centre was exceptional. Thank you very much. I will make it my business to return there again soon. Heavily recommended.

• 16th Jan 2015

Extremely friendly staff, great location and facilities were great value!!

The hostel is in a great location. Everything is easily accesable and tthe staff is extremely helpful and kind. You really feel welcome in the hostel and just like another guy who is handing over money for a over the head roof. When I come back to Galway, I know where to go. Keep it up Salmon Weir!

• 10th Jan 2015

An amazing hostel with splendid staff. If you are interested in a big "factory" like hotel hostel, this is not your place. If you want actual human interaction, and a place you feel at home, then book here.

I originally had planned to stay here for 2 nights, but my stay at Salmon Weir Hostel was so AMAZING that I decided to stay an extra week!!! All the staff are very warm and welcomed me like I was family....They are very helpful with places to go and things to do :) The hostel is very clean (Bathroom and Kitchen scrubbed daily) and has everything one could need. If you want to feel that "Home Away From Home" experience at an affordable price...you should definitely stay here!!!!

The staff was friendly The kitchen is well furnished The shower can be hot but extreamly not easy to use Overall stay ok, but there is a REALLY BIG PROBLEM about HUMIDITY!!!! our tower never dried....

Old property compared to othErs in Galway. Not mentioned when booking, but there is a 3am curfew in this hostel, which is annoying (have stayed in Link at house and Sleepzone who do not have curfews). Would not stay again for that reason

• 19th Dec 2014

A cozy place to stay. Feels like sharing someone's home, which you are because there a long term people there. Very friendly and multicultural. Most people hang out in the lounge or kitchen and mingle so great for a solo traveller. No room keys which is why I rated security low but not an issue. Lockers are available. Good location, away from the noise but close enough to walk to the action.

The hostel itself was quite average. The bathrooms were clean and there was hot water, which was great. The German guy at the reception was a very helpful and nice person, and made my stay at the hostel nice. But some of the staff were quite strange, I didnt feel comfortable leaving my stuff in the room when heading out to town.

This place was absolutely disgusting and by far the worst hostel I have ever seen. You should honestly take this off your booking site. We got there, our credit card was charged, and the host immediately took up upstairs to a small bedroom with stained sheets. He promptly informed us the room had no heat. When he walked us downstairs, the kitchen smelled foul. I felt like throwing up just standing there.

• 27th Nov 2014