Salmon Weir Hostel Reviews

3 St. Vincent Avenue, Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

I m not so exigent but I expect some cleaness and respect from the staff. I don t want to be the target of bad jokes, when people juge you just for a prejudice its really impolite. So I dont recommand this hostel, one guy staff s member was really unrespectfull and I think it s not normal to feel inconfortable like that when you paid an hostel.

• 20th Feb 2015

This was the best hostel I stayed in during my whole trip in Ireland. Ok, It's a small place, the room I stayed was really smal and you have to be there before 3AM... but I didn't matter at all. In Galway like in the rest of Ireland, most of the places close around 2AM. The common areas are cozy, with a big kitchen full equiped, big sofas in the living room, good wi-fi, a computer with access to internet, and guitars! It really felt like home!

Ok hostel. Good location in Galway. There are lockers with free locks inside the rooms, but the rooms themselves are not locked. Showers are not too good. Wifi is good and staff is nice.

Salmon Weir was located close to the center of Galway, but just outside the hustle and bustle. The rooms were comfortable, clean and homey. The bathrooms were clean as well. The staff was friendly and helpful. Things were quiet around 1am.

A good hostel with healthy atmosphere.

The Salmon Weir was a breath of fresh air. After all the airports coach stations and uniform architecture that seems to be the transition spectacle for travelers these days my holiday break really began at the Salmon Weir.. The "Hodge Podge" surroundings and deep couchs are surrounded by books musical instruments and art . The guests were the only folks relaxing around here . The service is delivered in the classical Maitre D style which is not found in modern 5 star hotels these days. Gem!

Would not stay here again, room was cold and there is a curfew of 3am.

Very goof staff.

• 31st Jan 2015

This is an awesome hostel with a really chill feel about it, its located just a few blocks from the city center so you're just close enough to walk easily but not kept up at night by the city noises. The staff are amazing and they saved my butt when I lost my wallet on the tour bus and needed a place to stay last minute. All in all the hostel is clean, the security is good and the conversation is awesome, I would definitely recommend staying here!

• 24th Jan 2015

The staff is amazing and very helpful, I recommend a stay with them and my next stay will be with them.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Slovenia

Had a brilliant time in your lovely wee hostel. Your staff were amazingly friendly, hospitable and patient with a drunken Irish nerd, your beds were extremely comfortable, and how convenient you were to the convention and the city centre was exceptional. Thank you very much. I will make it my business to return there again soon. Heavily recommended.

• 16th Jan 2015

Extremely friendly staff, great location and facilities were great value!!

The hostel is in a great location. Everything is easily accesable and tthe staff is extremely helpful and kind. You really feel welcome in the hostel and just like another guy who is handing over money for a over the head roof. When I come back to Galway, I know where to go. Keep it up Salmon Weir!

• 10th Jan 2015

An amazing hostel with splendid staff. If you are interested in a big "factory" like hotel hostel, this is not your place. If you want actual human interaction, and a place you feel at home, then book here.

1 2 3 Next » last »