Salsa Hostel Reviews

25/42 Krommaluang Road, Tatapao, Muang, Chumphon, Thailand

Great! Easy to find, friendly staff, very very clean - only minus were the loud cars in the morning.

• 8th Apr 2014

Good location, dorms are a good size and are air conditioned!, Staff on front desk are good, café is good also. I would stay here again..

Easy to find close to train station, clean and extremely helpful staff!

Dear guest, Thanks for a review. I hope to welcome you again some day in the future. / Cheers ! Sood

Clean, modern rooms, bathroom, toilets. We had room on highest floor with large terace. Very nice, quiet Breakfast excelent. Good work!

Only stayed for one night but regretted not staying longer. Sood, the owner, was very friendy and seemed incredibly hard working, he did his best to help out with any question . Hostel was very clean and had a nice feel. An easy place to interact with fellow travellers. Staff very nice. I will come back when I can!

Thanks Michael, hope to see you again :-)

Very clean, well run and price includes breakfast! When in Chumphon stay here!

• 4th Jan 2014

Dear guest, Thanks for your review. I hope to welcome you again in the future. Cheers! / Sood

An excellent place to stop off while travelling!

Thanks for your review. Short but precise!

Lovely friendly hostel, easy to find location right next to the night market - best pork dumplings ever!

Thanks for your great feedback. I appreciate it a lot. Thx/Sood

I recommend the Salsa Hostel to anyone looking for a clean, cheap, central place to stay with really helpful staff. The owner speaks great English and is very helpful. The hostel is immaculately clean, there's a wifi box on each floor, so the signal is strong in every room :) We stayed in a dorm room, which has 3 bunkbeds, and at just under £5 per night including a basic breakfast (you can pay a few baht for extras) it is really good for this money.

• 12th Dec 2013

Hi there, thanks for your comment and I hope I could have another chance to accommodate you again in the future. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. Cheers! / Sood

The hostel is clean and modern, and the communal bathroom/showers are really nice! The hostel staff are helpful and the owner helped us to rent a motorbike and took the time to show us how to find some beautiful secluded beaches. Not much going on in the city of Chumphon, but the Salsa hostel was great!

Hi there, I am so pleased and happy to read your good comment on my first day of new year. Thank you and I wish you Happy New Year and a prosperous year.

A really good place to stay as a stop off between the islands and bangkok. Good staff with perfect english. excellemt room, big, clean, bath, shower, balcony...felt luxurious. Common room, free info about the islands. Dvds/magazines/books available in common room. Can book trips outwards from hotel. Walking distance to rail. Easy to find. Free all u can eat breakfast. Great value.

Thank you very much for choosing Salsa and I hope that one day I will have enough private room for your group. Rgds/Sood

The staff were great, all spoke good English and helped us as much as possible with travel plans to the islands. Private double room was clean and well decorated with air con, tv and fridge. Couldn't have asked for a better stop over! Make sure to book through hostel world to get free breakfast, otherwise it's 80thb.

• 10th Nov 2013

My pleasure to assist you and I hope you have a great trip in Koh Tao. / Cheers, Sood :-)

right by the train station so very convenient. Would be nice if they had seperate plugs/lights for the dorm rooms. Stayed in a 4 dorm mixed. Breakfast was also very good and staff was accomodating to our schedule.

Dear Guest, Thanks for your review but I thought that this review is not for my hostel. My hostel is not located by the train station. It is about 450m. from train station (approx 7 min walk). You were accommodated in 7-bed mixed dorm, not 4. And all of my dorm beds are equipped with private reading lights and sockets which you can clearly see it when you enter into the room. Thanks a lot for staying with us and hope to welcome you again in the near future. Rgds/Sood (Owner)

Clean, modern, chilled atmosphere, very friendly staff and great facilities. A great place to stop and recuperate before island hopping! Thanks very much!!

Thanks Jessi, your comment makes my day. I hope to have a chance to welcome you again some day. / Sood (owner)