Salsa Hostel Reviews

25/42 Krommaluang Road, Tatapao, Muang, Chumphon, Thailand

Very friendly owner with excellent booking service for ferries. I arived at the hostel at 2 am due to train delay. I told him that via mail and he was very friendly and answered the mails very quickly.

• 27th Feb 2015

Thanks we had a great stay! All perfect

Danke viel mal!

Been here for 1 night. Place looked very good, clean, nice beds, good and very nice English speaking staff. Perfect place for a just an 1 night stop to and from the islands and Bangkok.

I stayed at Salsa hostel twice, the first time I had a private room on the 4th floor. It had a private terrace and that was actually where the shower was. There was no toilet on that floor which was the only negative. Room was clean, bed was reasonably comfortable. The second time I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. Bed was the same comfort wise, room was clean. The owner is awesome and was super helpful, also speaks English very well. Good location, but the streets are quite noisy at night.

Thanks for your review. I look forwards to welcoming you again in the future. Cheers/Sood

Stayed at Salsa for a night after a long day of travel. We arrived at the hotel very late due to a bus delay but the staff was very accommodating even at that hour! Clean, quiet, comfortable and great breakfast!

Thanks for your review and I hope to see you again some day. Cheers/ Sood

The owner of this hostel is the most helpfull person ever. We had a lot to sort out and this man helped us with all our problems. He translated and wrote a complete report we could give to the police due to a lost pasport. He even arranged a police pick-up and went with us to the police station to help us. He was also really helpfull with our travel planning. Besides the friendly staff, it is a very clean and nice hostel. Breakfast is good, the beds are comfortable, showers and toilets clean.

Thanks for your review. Hope to see you again. Cheers/Sood

Very nice, clean hostel. Super clean bathroom, power sockets and reading lights for every bed in the dorm. And best breakfast I had so far in a hostel!

Thanks !! /Sood

Perfect place to stay in Chumphon! I just travelled through for one night, but I wish I'd stayed longer. If you need a break from parties and want to experience just a normal Thai town where people live and don't care whether there are tourists or not (very few indeed), go there! Lots of delicious street food just outside the hostel, train station close, and you can take a cheap taxibus to a wonderful beach where you will be alone. PLUS the owner is an amazing and extremely helpful guy!

• 25th Nov 2014

Fantastic hostel located just a short walk from the train station in Chumphon. The man that was working there was super friendly and really helpful when I needed help booking the bus/ferry to get to Koh Tao. LOVED that breakfast started at 5am so I could get a bite to eat before I had to hit the road at 5:30. Also, I found this hostel to be quite cheap especially considering the great service and accomodation....just a side note, the bathrooms were the nicest I saw in Thailand :D

Good place to stay for one or two nights before heading to the islands. Clean, safe, a good common area and a big screen to watch one of the many dvd's they have in their collection. The owner is a very nice guy who helped me a lot with arranging tickets and other stuff. Would definitelly be staying here again, the only problem is that Chumpon hasn't got to much to offer except for a good night market and a shopping mall with a KFC and Pizza Hut.