Salsa Hostel Reviews

25/42 Krommaluang Road, Tatapao, Muang, Chumphon, Thailand

Very close to train station, within walking distance. Didn't get to see much only there one night. Room was very nice, comfty beds and clean enough showers. A little smelly. There wasn't much atmosphere there but wasn't really looking for much. Breakfast included was great, just thought staff could be a little more smiley and friendly. Overall PERFECT for one night stay before heading to Ko Tao

Well.we just stayed for 1night. The owner is an easy going person.he would talk to you anything if you want.The staff are very polite.Tasty breakfast included.It is clean anywhere in the hostel.speaking of the location, it is a little bit far from the beach.but you can take the local bus to the beach(about 20mins).nice place to stay.

Thank Alice, hope to welcome you and your friend again. Xie xie!!

Only stayed in Salsa hostel for one night and arrived really late for the one night. Our plan was just to take a ferry from Chumphon to Koh Tao. Regardless of this I would highly recommend this hostel for anybody! The guy at the reception was super-friendly, the hostel had a really cute cat who liked to cuddle and they served delicious breakfast including egss, toast, fruits and coffee/tea. Dorms were really clean and comfortable as well!

I planned to stay there only one night, but when I noticed how excellent hostel this is, I stayed actually 4 nights. This place is very clean, well equipped, staff is nice and everything works great. And the breakfast is just awesome, one of the best Ive seen in any hostel anywhere in the world, and Ive been travelling quite a lot. Strongly recommended!

Thanks Mr. Pasi, nice to hear that you had a pleasant stay at my place. I would love to see you again. Cheers/Sood

Pro: walking distance to mainstation, easy ferry booking, GREAT breakfast with coffee Cons: Only small lockers for values

Thanks for the review and we hope to see you again in the future. :-)

Great spot. If only there was more to do in chumpon. The man at reception is awesome, very confident and that gave us trust in his word, especially regarding getting on time to our flight to Bangkok. Great breakfast in the morning, he even made eggs. All around easily one of the best hostels we've stayed at.

Thanks for the great review which made my day. :-)

Very friendly owner with excellent booking service for ferries. I arived at the hostel at 2 am due to train delay. I told him that via mail and he was very friendly and answered the mails very quickly.

• 27th Feb 2015

Vielen vielven Dank!!! Cheers /Sood :-)

Thanks we had a great stay! All perfect

Danke viel mal!

Been here for 1 night. Place looked very good, clean, nice beds, good and very nice English speaking staff. Perfect place for a just an 1 night stop to and from the islands and Bangkok.

I stayed at Salsa hostel twice, the first time I had a private room on the 4th floor. It had a private terrace and that was actually where the shower was. There was no toilet on that floor which was the only negative. Room was clean, bed was reasonably comfortable. The second time I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. Bed was the same comfort wise, room was clean. The owner is awesome and was super helpful, also speaks English very well. Good location, but the streets are quite noisy at night.

Thanks for your review. I look forwards to welcoming you again in the future. Cheers/Sood

Stayed at Salsa for a night after a long day of travel. We arrived at the hotel very late due to a bus delay but the staff was very accommodating even at that hour! Clean, quiet, comfortable and great breakfast!

Thanks for your review and I hope to see you again some day. Cheers/ Sood

The owner of this hostel is the most helpfull person ever. We had a lot to sort out and this man helped us with all our problems. He translated and wrote a complete report we could give to the police due to a lost pasport. He even arranged a police pick-up and went with us to the police station to help us. He was also really helpfull with our travel planning. Besides the friendly staff, it is a very clean and nice hostel. Breakfast is good, the beds are comfortable, showers and toilets clean.

Thanks for your review. Hope to see you again. Cheers/Sood

Very nice, clean hostel. Super clean bathroom, power sockets and reading lights for every bed in the dorm. And best breakfast I had so far in a hostel!

Thanks !! /Sood

Perfect place to stay in Chumphon! I just travelled through for one night, but I wish I'd stayed longer. If you need a break from parties and want to experience just a normal Thai town where people live and don't care whether there are tourists or not (very few indeed), go there! Lots of delicious street food just outside the hostel, train station close, and you can take a cheap taxibus to a wonderful beach where you will be alone. PLUS the owner is an amazing and extremely helpful guy!

• 25th Nov 2014

Fantastic hostel located just a short walk from the train station in Chumphon. The man that was working there was super friendly and really helpful when I needed help booking the bus/ferry to get to Koh Tao. LOVED that breakfast started at 5am so I could get a bite to eat before I had to hit the road at 5:30. Also, I found this hostel to be quite cheap especially considering the great service and accomodation....just a side note, the bathrooms were the nicest I saw in Thailand :D

Good place to stay for one or two nights before heading to the islands. Clean, safe, a good common area and a big screen to watch one of the many dvd's they have in their collection. The owner is a very nice guy who helped me a lot with arranging tickets and other stuff. Would definitelly be staying here again, the only problem is that Chumpon hasn't got to much to offer except for a good night market and a shopping mall with a KFC and Pizza Hut.