Salsa Hostel Reviews

25/42 Krommaluang Road, Tatapao, Muang, Chumphon, Thailand

Stayed at Salsa for a night after a long day of travel. We arrived at the hotel very late due to a bus delay but the staff was very accommodating even at that hour! Clean, quiet, comfortable and great breakfast!

Thanks for your review and I hope to see you again some day. Cheers/ Sood

The owner of this hostel is the most helpfull person ever. We had a lot to sort out and this man helped us with all our problems. He translated and wrote a complete report we could give to the police due to a lost pasport. He even arranged a police pick-up and went with us to the police station to help us. He was also really helpfull with our travel planning. Besides the friendly staff, it is a very clean and nice hostel. Breakfast is good, the beds are comfortable, showers and toilets clean.

Thanks for your review. Hope to see you again. Cheers/Sood

Very nice, clean hostel. Super clean bathroom, power sockets and reading lights for every bed in the dorm. And best breakfast I had so far in a hostel!

Thanks !! /Sood

Perfect place to stay in Chumphon! I just travelled through for one night, but I wish I'd stayed longer. If you need a break from parties and want to experience just a normal Thai town where people live and don't care whether there are tourists or not (very few indeed), go there! Lots of delicious street food just outside the hostel, train station close, and you can take a cheap taxibus to a wonderful beach where you will be alone. PLUS the owner is an amazing and extremely helpful guy!

• 25th Nov 2014

Fantastic hostel located just a short walk from the train station in Chumphon. The man that was working there was super friendly and really helpful when I needed help booking the bus/ferry to get to Koh Tao. LOVED that breakfast started at 5am so I could get a bite to eat before I had to hit the road at 5:30. Also, I found this hostel to be quite cheap especially considering the great service and accomodation....just a side note, the bathrooms were the nicest I saw in Thailand :D

Good place to stay for one or two nights before heading to the islands. Clean, safe, a good common area and a big screen to watch one of the many dvd's they have in their collection. The owner is a very nice guy who helped me a lot with arranging tickets and other stuff. Would definitelly be staying here again, the only problem is that Chumpon hasn't got to much to offer except for a good night market and a shopping mall with a KFC and Pizza Hut.

Stayed one night to take the ferry the day after and was not disappointed! Super nice staff and owners, very clean and new rooms and equipment, all for a very good price. Can strongly recommend!

Thanks :-) Sood

Fantastic Hostel. Has everything one would want in. Great location, Awesome staff, free breakfast, plenty of clean showers and bathrooms, lights/plug at every bed. I will be staying here again. It is an excellent place for resting a day before heading to or coming back from the Islands (Koh Tao, Koh Samui)

Thanks Rob, it was so sad that you left a night earlier. However, I hope to welcome you and your family again.

100% perfect! Sood is the best hostelkeeper you ll ever meet. he helps you with everything without wanting money for it. we stayed for the second time in the salsa hostel and would definitly come back for a third time. the rooms and facilities are more than clean! the breakfast is just great and the price is more than good for what you receive here! so, dont travel to the islands without spending some time in this hostel, you wont regret it!

Thanks David.