Saltwater Lodge Reviews

14 Kings Road, Paihia, Paihia, New Zealand

I enjoyed my stay at Saltwater Lodge despite the terrible weather which obviously wasn't their fault. My dorm room was spacious and very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the location is good.

I really enjoyed having a luxury room with the facilities to make tea, a tv and an ensuite bathroom. The hostel is near to everything in town and good value for money. However, there was a large group of Danish students there during my stay, they were very noisy, took over the whole kitchen area and made a lot of noise in the early hours of the morning. They really would hve been better off in the party hostel next door. it spoilt the peaceful and exclusive ambience of the hostel.

The bar was a bit loud and people were still noisy on the deck after 2am, so I bought earplugs in the dairy. Otherwise it was a good stay.

Such a beautiful hostel! The rooms were super spacious and comfy. The lounge room was pretty awesome too. We enjoyed using their free bike services to get around for a day and their table tennis, free 100 mb internet, as well as book collection. Kitchen was nice and spacy. Highly recommend this hostel and will be back each time I am in Paihia. The staff were very helpful as well

• 3rd Feb 2014