Saltwater Lodge Reviews

14 Kings Road, Paihia, Paihia, New Zealand

One of the best hostel I have stayed in! The owner was very friendly and helpful. Also a lovely bathroom and very clean! Couldn't really ask for any more!

Very well equipped kitchen, large open area for socialising in too. As we were there in the winter, it was quiet, but the terrace and kitchen, BBQ area etc would be fab in the summer. Room was very nice too, very clean. Close to the waterfront, not too far to get to all the places on foot. Overall, would highly recommend.

Very friendly and helpdul staff! Rooms are very clean.

A nice hostel. We booked the only room that was available the deluxe 4 bed, as there was four of us it was a room that suited us well. Good in room facilities such as microwave, fridge and television not that it was really needed. The hostel atmosphere was quite quiet while we where there although it said it was full on hostel world, so wouldn't recomend if your after a party. Local bars where a bit of a let down also. As we where only passing through it did the job. Wifi was a disappointment.

This is a nice hostel close to the beach. Great ensuite's with powerful hot showers and a good size kitchen. I arrived after reception hours and the staff left clear instructions on how to get to my room. The only negative was that there was a study group staying there at the time and they took over the hostel. They were really unsociable and dirty.

It was a really nice stay. Rooms are really clean and quiet. The kitchen and dinning room are nice. We regret that there were no common showers to use when our roommates were using dorm's one. During our stay there was a group of student a bit noisy and messy. The kitchen was not cleaned after use and they were screaming until late. However, the hotel is not responsible of their clients. Apart from that, the hostel was really nice. 5 min walk to the sea and next to city center. Great place.

The Saltwater Lodge is a really great hostel, it feels like a small family run place and the staff are very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The rooms and common areas are kept very clean. The balcony is a great place to chill and the hostel itself is just steps away from the beach and only a few minutes from the main town area of Paihia. I would highly recommend this hostel and a visit to Paihia.

Had a great stay here, couldn't fault any thing . Definitely reccomend it to anyone.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Wales

It was great to stay in the deluxe female dorm even it is a bit expensive. The only thing i dislike was the fact that my luggage got wet in their storage, so all my staff inside :(.

This is a fabulous hostel! So clean and the facilities are top-notch! The kitchen and common area is really well set up for multiple people to cook at once. The location is great, except that it is right next door to three popular bars, which make it quite noisy at night. Earplugs are a must!

I couldn't have picked better!! Big insuite rooms, huge common area, there are two pubs and a grocery store just outside the hostel! One minute walk to the beach! Kitchen super equipped. Very clean. I found also very easy to make friends here because of the hostel structure. Very very very recommend !!!

Well appointed spacious room with outside verandah . A little noisy at times but otherwise good value for money and well located to enjoy Paihia.

Really nice hostel. I found the facilities were well looked after and kept clean during my stay here. The location is great for the fact it's so close to the beach and town, downfall is the noise that comes from the bars so ear plugs may be required. Beds are super squeaky but love the fact the rooms have en suites :-) I would stay here again as the hostel itself is really nice

I liked this place alot! I arrived past their office hours but they made sure I got my key. Room cleaned everyday. Super close to the beach. Nice common area. I would stay again for sure!

Superb stay at Saltwater. Staff we're excellent and friendly, ideal location and facilities, and incredible value for money.

A really nice and clean hostel for its price. The rooms are standard ensuite, but for not that much more per night you get a fridge, microwave and tv in your dorm. Close to the beach and to all the other hostels. Kitchen is not to big but it's modern and there is free coffee and thea. That was a first in NZ.