Saltwater Lodge Reviews

14 Kings Road, Paihia, Paihia, New Zealand

I enjoyed my stay at Saltwater Lodge despite the terrible weather which obviously wasn't their fault. My dorm room was spacious and very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the location is good.

I really enjoyed having a luxury room with the facilities to make tea, a tv and an ensuite bathroom. The hostel is near to everything in town and good value for money. However, there was a large group of Danish students there during my stay, they were very noisy, took over the whole kitchen area and made a lot of noise in the early hours of the morning. They really would hve been better off in the party hostel next door. it spoilt the peaceful and exclusive ambience of the hostel.

The bar was a bit loud and people were still noisy on the deck after 2am, so I bought earplugs in the dairy. Otherwise it was a good stay.

Such a beautiful hostel! The rooms were super spacious and comfy. The lounge room was pretty awesome too. We enjoyed using their free bike services to get around for a day and their table tennis, free 100 mb internet, as well as book collection. Kitchen was nice and spacy. Highly recommend this hostel and will be back each time I am in Paihia. The staff were very helpful as well

• 3rd Feb 2014

Had a nice time at this backpackers. Rooms, facilities, community room, kitchen, staff, and other backpackers were great. Loved that it was close to the beach.

I found this to be one of this best hostels I have ever stayed at, the rooms were very clean, and the 'common' area had lots of space for socialising. The kitchen was kept very clean, and stocked well enough, could have done with a few more knives! It was brilliant to have ping-pong and fusball tables to use. Very good location, not right in the centre of town, but close enough, and unbelievably close to the beach! Only problem was it was slightly noisy at night due to proximity to the bars.

It was awesome. Clean and cosy, nice staff. Will definitely recommend it to my friends.

Very clean nice hostel. Great location and quite (but no too) relaxed. Will be back for sure

• 26th Oct 2013