Saltwater Lodge Reviews

14 Kings Road, Paihia, Paihia, New Zealand

Very friendly and helpdul staff! Rooms are very clean.

A nice hostel. We booked the only room that was available the deluxe 4 bed, as there was four of us it was a room that suited us well. Good in room facilities such as microwave, fridge and television not that it was really needed. The hostel atmosphere was quite quiet while we where there although it said it was full on hostel world, so wouldn't recomend if your after a party. Local bars where a bit of a let down also. As we where only passing through it did the job. Wifi was a disappointment.

This is a nice hostel close to the beach. Great ensuite's with powerful hot showers and a good size kitchen. I arrived after reception hours and the staff left clear instructions on how to get to my room. The only negative was that there was a study group staying there at the time and they took over the hostel. They were really unsociable and dirty.

It was a really nice stay. Rooms are really clean and quiet. The kitchen and dinning room are nice. We regret that there were no common showers to use when our roommates were using dorm's one. During our stay there was a group of student a bit noisy and messy. The kitchen was not cleaned after use and they were screaming until late. However, the hotel is not responsible of their clients. Apart from that, the hostel was really nice. 5 min walk to the sea and next to city center. Great place.

The Saltwater Lodge is a really great hostel, it feels like a small family run place and the staff are very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The rooms and common areas are kept very clean. The balcony is a great place to chill and the hostel itself is just steps away from the beach and only a few minutes from the main town area of Paihia. I would highly recommend this hostel and a visit to Paihia.

Had a great stay here, couldn't fault any thing . Definitely reccomend it to anyone.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Wales

It was great to stay in the deluxe female dorm even it is a bit expensive. The only thing i dislike was the fact that my luggage got wet in their storage, so all my staff inside :(.

This is a fabulous hostel! So clean and the facilities are top-notch! The kitchen and common area is really well set up for multiple people to cook at once. The location is great, except that it is right next door to three popular bars, which make it quite noisy at night. Earplugs are a must!

I couldn't have picked better!! Big insuite rooms, huge common area, there are two pubs and a grocery store just outside the hostel! One minute walk to the beach! Kitchen super equipped. Very clean. I found also very easy to make friends here because of the hostel structure. Very very very recommend !!!

Well appointed spacious room with outside verandah . A little noisy at times but otherwise good value for money and well located to enjoy Paihia.

Really nice hostel. I found the facilities were well looked after and kept clean during my stay here. The location is great for the fact it's so close to the beach and town, downfall is the noise that comes from the bars so ear plugs may be required. Beds are super squeaky but love the fact the rooms have en suites :-) I would stay here again as the hostel itself is really nice

I liked this place alot! I arrived past their office hours but they made sure I got my key. Room cleaned everyday. Super close to the beach. Nice common area. I would stay again for sure!

Superb stay at Saltwater. Staff we're excellent and friendly, ideal location and facilities, and incredible value for money.

A really nice and clean hostel for its price. The rooms are standard ensuite, but for not that much more per night you get a fridge, microwave and tv in your dorm. Close to the beach and to all the other hostels. Kitchen is not to big but it's modern and there is free coffee and thea. That was a first in NZ.

Really nice hostel, good atmosphere, good facilities, good everything!! Only few little things...the kitchen is a bit small, but still fine. The main problem though is that there were few sockets in the room. And considering that backpackers sometimes need 2 of them each (to charge phone and camera) that was kind of a big problem.

wifi didnt work on the free voucher, everything else perfect

Comfortable bed with ensuite shower. In general, Paihia is overpriced and the focus of your trip should be heading north to ninety mile beach, sand boarding & Cape Reinga.

Beautiful hostel in central Paihia with lots of bars around, 5 min to town center and even less to the beach. Bike and tennis rental in the hostel is for free. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Kitchen and facilities are clean an well-kept. I'd totally recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Paihia!

Location is good, rooms were clean and the staff was extremely helpful. However, There's a bar right next to it that closes at 1am so forget about sleep until then. Also, the ensuite bathrooms are cleaned once a day so by evening everything is wet and humid. It would be nice to have more Wifi.

The room was very clean, they cleaned it every day! I was alone in a 4 bed room, great! Good laundry facility, nice and helpful receptionist! In the evening it was usually very loud, hard to sleep, because people sitting on the balcony in front of the rooms!