Salve Hostel Reviews

18/1G, Prorizna Street, Floor 6, Apt. 46, Kiev, Ukraine

Be attentive! Before coming in 24 hours you must to confirm your booking connecting directly to the hostel (by phone/mail), or you'll find your place already taken by other person when you'll come.

Good location in the center. Very comfortable, clean, well maintained hostel. Friendly staff helped us navigate in Kiev.

• Turkey

Cozy hostel. All close to shops, cafes, bars, attractions and subway. The perfect solution for the price, quality, location. Pleasant staff, comfort and cleanliness very high. Good value.

• Russia

Receptionist reside within the hostel, which does not restrict .You come when you want. The receptionist speaks English and in German and in Russian. Free maps and free internet access, convenient location.

• 9th Nov 2014

Only drawback is that you don't get a key and have to ring the bell downstairs every time, so going for a beer at night is discouraging. Other than that the hostel was good.

My room reservation was cancelled, because I arrived at about 24:00, though I wrote that I'll be after 23 and left my mobile phone number for such cases. Had to sleep in dorm room with bad smelling workers.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Ukraine

Ok place to spend a couple of nights. Clean and centrally located.

Good location (on the Gogolya street, that has a few very nice buildings; two block away from the main shopping street), large rooms with plenty of space, good wifi, large shower/laundry room. Unfortunately, not all staff members are fluent in English, but they try to help. I would go there again.

Very friendly and helpful staff , never had any problems related to security . The staff was very kind enough to make prompt arrangements for the room as we had to extend our stay for three additional days than the booking dates. The rooms are spacious and clean and the location is perfect for easy commuting. All in all we had a very pleasant stay at salve hostel and I would want to stay here every time I come to Kiev!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • India

Hostel has very good location in the city center. It`s very easy to reach by metro. The stuff there really care about cleaness, so you will have nice conditions of living. There are a lot of travellers who are staying in this place so you will have good company to speak and share stories =)

To me, on of the best locations in Kiev because very central and safe area. The guests were half locals half foreigners/ The hostel is quiet, functional, fits my needs.

It's possible to stay in Kiev for cheaper; you can find hostels that will put you up for 300 UAH/week or less, but you won't get the same comfort. A lot of places have mattresses that are just 2 inch thick pads. Salve has regular, very comfortable mattresses. There is also an elevator, which, though old, is definitely a plus. I think for 60 UAH/night it's a pretty good deal. My main complaint is that they charge 45 UAH to use the washing machine, which is just way too much.

• 2nd Jul 2014

The toilet, bathroon and linen were very clean but the room was smelling really bad. There is no social area in the hostel so if your are spending a time in the hostel you will need to stay on your bed. The cost benefit is nice but i wouldn't stay there again..

We had a great time at this place! The location was fabulous - the heart of Kiev - the view from the window on the night city - absolutely fantastic! It exceeded all my expectations. If you are looking for a clean and safe place - a place for you. The surroundings offer many places Ukrainian cuisine as well as international cuisine, and very cheap and delicious. Thus, you do not need a kitchen in the house at all. I would recommend this place for everyone.

• 19th Jun 2014

I had a really great stay. You meet people very easily here. Been staying in hostels in a few different countries, actually think this is the best hostel so far! Recommending to all travelers: couples, groups of friends as well as people travelling on their own. Fresh rooms and a friendly atmosphere, centrally located, Very helpful staff.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Ecuador

In city center. The warm and very friendly atmosphere led to many a fun discussion with fellow travellers. The owner was also very willing to describe Ukrainian life and culture, and was always welcoming. The hostel is in a great location, near all amenities one needs. The beds are comfortable and the place was very clean. They clean 3 times at day. 5 star hostel :)

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Great hostel!!!Good location, near with the hostel very nice restaurant in Ukrainian style, for all I suggest to try this wonderful ukrainian food. In hostel I arrived early, woman Marina was very friendly and allowed to leave luggage before check-in time. We had a very good time with them. It was fun. I will recommend to my friends)))

• 18th Jun 2014