Sam Sen Sam Reviews

48 Samsen Rood, Soi Samsen 3 Banglampoo, Bangkok, Thailand

One of the best hostels so far. The english if the desk lady is as good as it gets here in Thailand. And very friendly staff!

• 9th Dec 2014

Nice place to stay in Bangkok! I recommend!

Although you have a shared bathroom (stayed in a private room) there are many toilet stalls and private shower stalls which means you don't have to wait for anyone. Breakfast is included which was really good, the staff are super friendly and make you feel at home. I would definitely come back here as it was really worth the money and it is away from the busy part of Koh San road.

Great location, nice staff, shared bathrooms are clean. Room was small, sheets ok . Be aware what you're booking, "air" means fan. It has to say "air-con" to have an air conditioner and you have to pay more to upgrade upon arrival.

The staff were the friendliest people we met in Bangkok and the map and directions given to us as well as help booking our train tickets were invaluable. Breakfast was very good quality too.

Great hostel not far from Ko San road. Be warned though we took the airport bus they have advertised on their front desk which guarantees delivery to either airport in under 1 hour. It took nearly 2 hours as they went to both airports instead of just 1 as advertised... We were very close missing our flight.

Great hostel, good facilities, very clean, very helpful staff, free bfast. Not quite walking distance from Kho Sahn Rd, etc. but very cheap in a Tuk Tuk. Only real downfall was that it was very quiet with not much atmosphere or opportunity to meet other travellers. We were there in off season so it's probably better in high season... altho still doesn't really strike me as a party hostel. If you want that, then try closer to Kho Sahn Rd.

Lovely little guesthouse in a prime tourist area. Staff always smiling and friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

Friendly hostel. Clean and peaceful; good for tranquil nights away from kaoshan area

Central location but next time I wouldn't stay there.

Nice hostel, except the staff.. They are rude,unfriendly and miserable, (with the exception of two young guys who work there-they were very nice) they expect you to pay right away,which isn't a problem but after travelling through Thailand etc i felt as if it was more of a trust issue- moved to different hostel and payment was required on check out.. Location is ok, alleyway isn't that bad at all and although there are a few guys hanging around they are all friendly,met cool people in hostel.

I greatly enjoyed my stay at Sam Sen Sam. During my trip to Thailand I stayed there two different times, and got two different rooms - one with a shared bathroom and one with a private bathroom. All of the bathrooms were clean, and had hot water. They offered free breakfast, but at a low cost you could purchase more food if you were still hungry. The staff was very friendly, and they gave us an upgrade on our second visit. Its located about a 10 minute walk from Khao San Road.

• 27th Jul 2014

I love Sam Sen Sam! The staff is very sweet and always greeted me by name. Very helpful with information for the area, organizing a shuttle or taxi to the airport, and very clean and comfortable! Highly recommend staying here if you're looking for basic local accommodation in a great location in Bangkok.

• 24th Jul 2014

beautiful old building though there was very few people there and there was no air con. the staff however were really friendly and helpful.

Enjoyable stay at this place, comfortable and value for money. I even paid a little extra to stay in the room until my bus to the airport came in the evening as air con was a must for me!

• 1st Jul 2014