Sam Sen Sam Reviews

48 Samsen Rood, Soi Samsen 3 Banglampoo, Bangkok, Thailand

It was a very cute place to stay. It was a very chill place. The room while small, was just the right size for the two of us. The beds were great after walking around Bangkok. The bathroom was communal but very clean. In fact I was surprised by how clean the whole place was. They were very dedicated to doing so. The desk staff was helpful too. We wanted to go somewhere and they wrote out the address in Thai to give to the driver. The location may be far from Khao San but just fine for us to walk

The staff are wonderful the food , the atmosphere,the cleanliness are all very very good. The only thing that I can not give 10 out of 10 for is the fact that there is no air conditioning in the rooms .I did find it hard to sleep some nights , and I live in the heat in florida.

• 26th Mar 2014

The Hostelworld website did not state that a basic room had no AC. We upgraded to an AC room right away. Location was great - easy walk to Khaosan Rd, palace not far. Breakfast is small. Our room the first night was under the stairs, and you could hear people walking above. My wife is a light sleeper, and this kept her awake. We were given a superior room for our second night at the same rate but without breakfast which we felt was very fair. That room is quite expensive for a hostel.

Perfect hostel.No negative comment :)

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

Good hostel in a great location. Poor breakfast, small rooms but clean bathroom. Good value for money. Close to khao san road.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Norway

Great location. Very friendly staff. Choice of three different breakfast options.

A great quiet little place tucked away from the noise of Bangkok; it's across the street from a temple which helps. there's also a nice little cafe a couple doors down. Close to the river ferry (about 5 minutes walk) Khaosan Road (about 10- 15 minutes walk). they've done it up quite nice with plants. my room was basic, but a great bed, very clean, lots of character. would stay again, and recommend to anyone looking for a good value, lower key, quiet place to stay in the centre of Bangkok.

It's good! Cheap, clean, nice staff, close to enough street stalls

• 27th Jan 2014

we enjoyed this place very much. very friendly people working here. the room for two was a good size with twin beds .bathroom very clean down the hall with pictures on the walls . this is a real thai house on a quiet narrow street and still not far from Khao san road. good bus connections too. breakfast included and good. close to the river but you have to zig zag to get there . a very fair price for the location.

The location is great - just far enough from Khao San to not catch any noise from it, but easily within walking distance. Also really close to lots of buses. The atmosphere is really charming, too. It has lots of kitschy decoration and feels more like an old-school hotel than a hostel.

Very helpfull and friendly staff. We enjoyed staying here! We like the way they take their time to answer questions make you feel comfortable.

Very friendly staff who were always helpful. They can also book a large range of well priced day tours. Free breakfast of fruit and yoghurt or fruit and toast was enough to start the day. Located in a nice quiet street but only 10 minutes walk to Kao San. The room we stayed in was very small, the bathroom sink wouldn't drain properly and the shower recess leaked resulting in a wet floor. For the price though, it was quite reasonable.

It`s a really nice setting. Close enough to Khao San Road but still really quiet. I would stay here again.

Very quaint little hostel with very friendly staff, only stayed one night in a private room but price was reasonable and all facilities we required were there.

i stay with my husband for 3 days and they are so nice. cozy place and quiet so we can hear other room activactivity. and the night receptionist (lady) she is very kind to us, preaparing breakfast before we late for kanchanaburi tour. I will recomend this place and will stay again if i go to bangkok! thank you Sam Sen Sam!

In a good place, ten minutes walk from koah san road so is quiet. But not far from everything. The hostel is very nice and the staff are excellent. We stayed in a double room with air con and an en suite which was nice. And then a twin room which was also excellent.

• 8th Dec 2013

lovely hotel with great staff and good facilities! Clean! I highly recommend it!

Very nice and clean guesthouse! Bathroom is shared, but everything was really clean, so no problem. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Location is great. It's not directly near the busy streets but well in walking distance. Kao san road within 10 min. We had a great stay here.

A very good place. Clean and comfortable.

Always someone on the front desk to help with questions. I booked my rail ticket to Ubon from here so saved time messing about at the station. The place is just down the road and over the bridge from the Kao San road if that is of any interest to you. You can pick up a boat around the corner at stop no13 that will take you to all the main tourist places. The place is very quiet, I enjoyed my stay very much and if returning to Bangkok will be back. Thank you all. Clare

• 17th Nov 2013