Sam So Guesthouse Reviews

St. Wat Bo, House no. 0164, Wat Bo Village, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia, Siem Reap, Cambodia

If you want to experience all of the hospitality that Cambodia has to offer, stay here. The family that owns this place was wonderful and so accommodating. We took a midnight bus so we had quite a bit of time to kill and they let us hang out almost all day, shower in the evening in one of the extra rooms and called to double check our bus pick up without us even having to ask. All free of charge. The guest house is situated in a gated back neighborhood. We would definitely return.

Good service, friendly staff, good value for the money.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Thailand
  • Couple, 41+

Wonderful owner and staff, nice, kind, and welcoming. VEry helpful with arranging tours of the temples but not pushy. They arranged a sunrise tour for me and made me a sandwich and put it in the soda fridge for me! It is a but far from the bar scene, but is an 15 minute walk or $1-2 tuk tuk ride. More of a hotel scene, good AC, good wifi, great experience overall.

Great stay! Very centrally located and a total family feel. Extremely secure and by far the best place that I've stayed!

The staff was wonderful, and extremely helpful in arranging tours, trips, etc. The rooms' air conditioning and cleanliness weren't amazing, but good for a hostel at this price point, and the included breakfast was amazing. I'd definitely recommend this hostel to other young travelers!

Great hostel, the staff are lovely and can't help you enough. They are polite and always spend time to ask how you are.It's in a great location and it's great that they collect you from the bus station when you arrive, as we were delayed on the bus by 3 hrs, our driver was still waiting for us. The breakfast is good and also the wifi I would definitely come back here, I loved it

• 7th Feb 2015

Most welcoming place I've stayed - treated with service you'd expect of a five star hotel. Both Mr. So and his wife were extremely helpful in giving advice about what to see and do in Siem Reap and elsewhere in Cambodia. Booked Angkor Wat tour and got a great deal through them! Rooms are clean, beds are very comfortable and the free bottled water is great! If you want a comfortable and fun stay in Siem Reap - look no further.

• 20th Jan 2015