Sam So Guesthouse Reviews

St. Wat Bo, House no. 0164, Wat Bo Village, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia, Siem Reap, Cambodia

When I booked, the website didn't state that a basic room was just a fan and no A/C. The shower was a little tricky for us to use, but the staff showed me how to use it even though it was already late at night. The staff was great. They helped us book a ticket to go to Ho Chi Mihn City. Very kind people. The free breakfast was excellent. The guesthouse is a bit away from Pub Street and Old Market but we found it was no trouble to walk there.

very warm family who welcomes you. Great place to stay! Just around the corner of a main street

• 20th Mar 2014

I booked 2 nights here and ended up staying over 3 weeks!! Mrs. Sotheavy and Mr. Sam So couldn't be more welcoming and helpful. There is a big difference between friendly POLITE and AUTHENTIC KINDNESS. Everyone on the staff went out of their way time and time again to help me with whatever I needed. As a solo traveler, it makes all the difference in the world to be surrounded by staff who you end up calling your friends. Clean, gated at night, within walking distance of everything, can't be beat

The staff was very helpful and kind. The rooms were clean and spacious. It's a little out of the way but completely worth a quiet nights sleep! It's not a party spot though, so if that's what you're looking for this May not be for you.

I think it's a bit overpriced for what they have. pay a bit more you will get something a lot better, even with a pool. stayed one night there, and met three staff, the first two were nice and friendly. but the other was rude and impatient, she came double check and even frowned at us just because we asked for one more piece of toast for breakfast.

Lovely helpful family ...specially Mr Sam so...who run this place. Hostel is in a quiet cul de sac off the main road into town. Only a dollar by tuk tuk into town.

Great place and staff... they should step up on their security... I had an old ipod stolen from my second story room via the window. Strange that I haven't seen any reviews since then, as that happened a month ago. A little hard to find, as not clearly marked from the street. The room 209 also smelled a tad bit moldy. The staff can organize a bike for you, a Tuk Tuk for the day and more ! Make sure you get the omelet for breakfast it is good and it is included!!!

Nice and spacious rooms. It is located some where between National Museum and night market. Both the places are 10 mins walk from hostel. For those you love to jog in the morning, it is an ideal place. Hostel is just 100 meters from river sidewalk.

The lady who runs the house is very nuce and competent. However, the service when she is not there has to be improved: breakfast starts at 6.00 and I had to wait till 6.45 to get a piece of toast because "the cook was not there". The room was not too too clean but no sign of bedbugs. You can rent a nice bike for 1USD/day.

My stay was average, however on my last evening a tuk tuk was booked to take me to the airport but the driver was running late, so Sam dropped me off at the airport himself so i wouldnt be late. Very thoughtful and kind of him. 10-15 min stroll to Pub street and two doors down is a another hotel whose pool facility guest can use.

Owner is very nice and so is the staff. There was a miscommunication with the reservation but all was fixed on the spot. Nice, clean, and quiet place. Really enjoyed it.

Staff are really kind, though not all speak English. The Chinese girl is simply great… she organizes tours and everything you may need! The position is a bit far from the night market, and double check they replace toilet paper in the room…

Great, helpful staff, clean as a place in Cambodia seems to get, wonderful location close to interesting parts of town, down an alley so it's quiet and secluded, tuk tuks arranged for reasonable prices. The breakfast is very tasty, with a well made omlet (or other things) fruit, toast, butter, and jelly, plus tea, coffee or water. Internet was pretty slow except a few times, but worked well, bathroom got a little musty, no remote for the AC, but I didn't need it so I never asked for it.

very nice and proper place with fine service and kind people. located on the other side of the rive, thus quite and free of turist bums. Further the building is inside a block, so traffic impact is minimized. Good break first is included. Excellent value for money

Sam So is a clean guest house located in a quite area. I would recommend staying here if you are looking for a place with wifi, cheap food around and not too far to the centre

My lady and i are fairly simple travelers. We wanted to let people know how great the customer service is. We had a bad experience with a bad tuk tuk driver and the owner himself handled the manner very professionally... He even came to our room to explain how he sorted it out and to make sure we were well taken care of. They also helped with other travel plans at a price better than outside agencies. The best thing about sam so and staff is that they treat people with friendliness and respect.

• 14th Jan 2014

Sam So and his wife are lovely people and great ambassadors of Siem Reap and the Kingdom of Cambodia. They were both very welcoming and helpful. Their English is quite good as well! They helped us arrange tours, and even sorted things out for us when we were all too sick to go one day. We stayed in a 3 bed singles room with private bathroom. Clean, with air conditioning and wifi in room available. Next time I visit Siem Reap, SAM SO will by my man!

Had a nice stay, they are very welcoming, understanding and helpful. You get the room cleaned daily, have a nice breakfast and get around quite easily as, if you like walking, the guesthouse is less than 10 minutes walk from the night market/pub street, etc. Definitely recommended for shorter and longer stays!

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Romania

A simple and cozy place. We arrived at New Year and everyone was invited to join the party by the family who run the guesthouse. Great location within walking distance to the markets. Expect some waiting time for breakfast though.

A great place in Siam Reap. Close enough to walk to the touristy area, but far enough away to be private and quiet. They also have bicycles to use which were my preferred way to get to the restaurants and the temples. The staff/owner was exceptional even inviting the guests to join in the birthday celebrations for their daughter where they kept the food and beer coming. The room was good value and the premises were kept spotless.

• 30th Dec 2013