Sam So Guesthouse Reviews

St. Wat Bo, House no. 0164, Wat Bo Village, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Fantastic staff. Every staff member was kind and helpful. They set us up with their tuk-tuk driver so we could visit the ruins. I believe his name was Mr. Tim. He was such a sweet man who drove us all over for about 5-7 hours each day to see everything. Great location. Only about a 10-15 minute walk from the old market, the night market, and pub street.

• 20th Aug 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and it was really great! Perfect distance from the pub street area and also within biking distance of Angkor Wat. The staff was absolutely amazing and really made the trip memorable. I plan on traveling back to Siem Reap and I'll probably stay here again.

• 12th Aug 2014

Room was very dirty, looked like they haven't cleaned for a while. Sheets were also dirty and stained. Bathroom was awful and smelly. There were lot of mosquitos in our room. Location was a bit far on the other side of the river.

It was Great. The host was very Welcoming and helpful.

Really good breakfast included and possibility to have good meals during the day. Clean of the room everyday. Transportation arrangement to go to Angkor temples.

• 5th Jul 2014

We had an extremely welcomed stay at Sam So Guesthouse. Clean rooms which provided amenities such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap and shampoo. Breakfast included which was a plus! And only a $2 tuk tuk from Pub Street!

• 20th Jun 2014

Staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms & bathroom clean. Service good.

I have stayed in many hostels over the years in many countries. Without question, Sam So is the best! The staff offers superior service. It is impeccably clean. The food was great. I have no negative comments. I highly recommend this quiet hostel to anyone. Mr. Sam So is gracious and kind to all guests.

• 12th May 2014

Great place if visiting siem reap.

Very friendly staff and nice decor inside and out. Computers down nelow are a bit slow but if you have a smartphone use the wifi!

I was looking for something a bit outside the nightlife when I was in Siem Reap, and this was the perfect place for me. It was only a 10 minute walk to all of the life, but very quiet and safe here. The staff was very friendly , helpful and the owners were very nice. Mrs. Sam So was so sweet and even came to say goodbye to me as I left.

Mr Sam So and his staff were incredibly hospitable and helpful. My friend and I were very impressed with our staff in the guesthouse and enjoyed the homely feel. Would definitely recommend to our friends visiting Siem Reap.

• 17th Apr 2014

I felt very welcome by everyone in the hotel, from the owners to the front desk personnel to the tuk tuk driver. They are a very humble, patient and sincere people. Adding to that they are very knowledgeable about the highlights of the city and how to get around here. A very beautiful bungalow with spacious interior. Ideal for those who seeks a quite, serene and local neighbourhood. I will most likely come again. Thank you Sam So for the Khmer hospitality!

When I booked, the website didn't state that a basic room was just a fan and no A/C. The shower was a little tricky for us to use, but the staff showed me how to use it even though it was already late at night. The staff was great. They helped us book a ticket to go to Ho Chi Mihn City. Very kind people. The free breakfast was excellent. The guesthouse is a bit away from Pub Street and Old Market but we found it was no trouble to walk there.

very warm family who welcomes you. Great place to stay! Just around the corner of a main street

• 20th Mar 2014

I booked 2 nights here and ended up staying over 3 weeks!! Mrs. Sotheavy and Mr. Sam So couldn't be more welcoming and helpful. There is a big difference between friendly POLITE and AUTHENTIC KINDNESS. Everyone on the staff went out of their way time and time again to help me with whatever I needed. As a solo traveler, it makes all the difference in the world to be surrounded by staff who you end up calling your friends. Clean, gated at night, within walking distance of everything, can't be beat

The staff was very helpful and kind. The rooms were clean and spacious. It's a little out of the way but completely worth a quiet nights sleep! It's not a party spot though, so if that's what you're looking for this May not be for you.