Sam's House

Fabulous 221 Total Reviews

• Vietnam, Mixed Group, 25-30
19th Apr 2017
7.1

Room not as pictured, most rooms are not riverside view. Interior/furniture was also more run down than pictured. Air conditioning worked very very well. We were actually too cold the first night. Wifi does not work in the rooms, only in the common area but common area was just tables outside in partial shade. Woke up at 1am to loud shouting and banging outside. It sounded intense. Not sure what happened. It was a decent stay but I do think we could have found something better for cheaper.

• johnbdrysdale
  • Australia, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
29th Mar 2017

Great hostel and very helpful staff who are able to assist with organising transport to Hellfire Pass etc. About 15mins walk from the bridge but plenty of food options within a few mins walk. Very quiet when I stayed but Kanchanaburri isn't a party location so this was fine.

• cmae89
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
6th Mar 2017
7.7

The grounds are cute and the rooms are basic but nice. The family that runs it was friendly. Wifi doesn't work in the rooms but great outside in the common area. And there was no blankets or top sheet on the bed just a piece of silk. Otherwise very nice place and great location for walking around the town.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
5th Mar 2017
7.4

The security was fine, I didn't want to pay for a safety deposit box (never asked how much) so if I was going out for a log period of time I locked my important things in my bag or took them with me. The atmosphere was nothing special, not bad but not good for meeting people. I would describe it as a motel, not a hostel. I wanted my own room with ac for a few days so it did the trick! I think I could have found something along those lines for cheaper though - just walk the strip!

28th Feb 2017
7.7

The room was clean and beds were comfy, also had a TV but very few English channels. We stayed in one of the cheapest rooms but once you arrive you can upgrade to cottages by the river front which looked amazing. Lots of breakfast places nearby for only 70 BHT and only a 15 minute walk from the bridge in the river Kwai, overall a very relaxing place to stay and explore kandchanuburi from.