Sam's House Reviews

14/1 Maenamkwae Rd, Tumbon Thamakam, Amphur-Muang, Kanchanaburi, Thailand

Overpriced for what it is but I guess that's my fault for paying it; being early on travelling (1st time and flying solo) When I went on hostel world only 3 hostels came up so I booked the cheapest which was this at £13 a night. I arrived and the young girl couldn't find me in the system. Then charged me too much. No toilet roll either in my room. However the 2nd night I got my toilet roll and upon leaving I got my money they owed and he sorted me out to get to ko Tao. Many cheaper places though

Brilliant staff and a lovely peaceful and beautiful location.

Room wasnt clean walls were dirty, i stayed three nights and they didnt even attempt to clean the room, didnt refresh soap or towels, staff were nice at first then didnt want to know you after you checked in. Hasnt been maintained in years flaking paint everywhere my room wasnt even level.. Anyway i would only reccomend if desperste for somewhere to stay

• 26th Aug 2015

Almost all staff didn't speak any English which made it hard to plan activities or just ask basic questions.

Although it was lovely it was a bit overpriced

Lady who owns is confused about how to charge for single rooms. You will find out when you get there. Also lots of that are not on hostel world if you take the time to look.

• 16th Aug 2015

Sick place

• 17th Jul 2015

Arrived to no receptionist and were put in the wrong room - when the owner arrived we were asked to pay more even though it was their mistake. There was a mistake with our bus (tour operator booked am instead of pm) and we awoke to being screeched at for being late. Was expensive for what it was, only plus side is rooms are relatively comfortable.

Location is ideal for exploring the small town of Kanchanaburi. We suggest hiring bikes from the friendly lady next to the hostel.

View all Kanchanaburi Bed and Breakfasts