Sam's House

• cmae89
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
6th Mar 2017
7.7

The grounds are cute and the rooms are basic but nice. The family that runs it was friendly. Wifi doesn't work in the rooms but great outside in the common area. And there was no blankets or top sheet on the bed just a piece of silk. Otherwise very nice place and great location for walking around the town.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
5th Mar 2017
7.4

The security was fine, I didn't want to pay for a safety deposit box (never asked how much) so if I was going out for a log period of time I locked my important things in my bag or took them with me. The atmosphere was nothing special, not bad but not good for meeting people. I would describe it as a motel, not a hostel. I wanted my own room with ac for a few days so it did the trick! I think I could have found something along those lines for cheaper though - just walk the strip!

• Poland, Female, 18-24
28th Feb 2017
7.7

The room was clean and beds were comfy, also had a TV but very few English channels. We stayed in one of the cheapest rooms but once you arrive you can upgrade to cottages by the river front which looked amazing. Lots of breakfast places nearby for only 70 BHT and only a 15 minute walk from the bridge in the river Kwai, overall a very relaxing place to stay and explore kandchanuburi from.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
12th Jan 2017

Close to food, awesome staff (no English), impressively clean. Would stay again!

• England, Couple, 41+
9th Jan 2017

we booked the basic double which was close to reception so was noisy from staff shouting to each other from just before 7am. Also doors banging at all hours was an issue to our lack of sleep. If you can upgrade the rest of the place is lovely and the staff were helpful. Careful with laundry though as we had to pick out which bits were ours as they mixed it all up...

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
1st Jan 2017
7.1

Was good for a 2 night stay, nothing very special but very close walk to the bridge and very easy to organize your to the Erawan Waterfalls.

22nd Dec 2016
4.0

I was very happy with the place but my standards are low, all due to prices I'm willing to pay. I was very happy considering the price. My room was on the water, fairly private as there were few other guests, I enjoyed the location and everything was fine. You can ask for hot water at the desk but there is no kettle available for the room. The staff don't speak English but you can make do or they can contact someone who does.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
8th Dec 2016

Great location, more like a hotel so no atmosphere but that's ok. The owners seem to be quite flustered and busy but quick to help. Great value for money! Would come back and would recommend to any one who has a bit extra cash!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
22nd Nov 2016

It was a quiet, nice little place. Lots of space in the room and common area. The staff were nice. Its right on the main road so there are lots of places nearby to eat. It is only a few minutes by taxi to the train station.

• jonhughes2000uk2874
  • England, Male, 41+
9th Nov 2016

Great river location. Close to all attractions