Sam's House Reviews

14/1 Maenamkwae Rd, Tumbon Thamakam, Amphur-Muang, Kanchanaburi, Thailand

I stayed in the bungalow that was right on the water and it was so nice! Seemed like it was in the middle of NOWHERE while still just a few hundred feet from a bustling street. Super cool. Really liked, highly recommend!

This place was really neat setting-wise. There were some cool bungalows standing above the swamp and river. We stayed in a regular room though, and found it to be kind of grungy and old. The bathroom wasn't the cleanest and had a hard time figuring out the hot water for the shower. Overall, it was cheap and did the job, beds for us to sleep in. Location is great, right on the strip with all the bars.

This doesn't seem to be a hostel. They only double roomsand no dorms. There are no single rooms as well. Hence everyone even though staying alone had to pay for 2 people . The location is great though as many tourist spots are walkable. One downside is that the staff doesn't understand English.

Very friendly and honest staff, initially they charged my 400thb too much which i did not realized. Later they brought it back whithout asking. Everything else also very nice, only own restaurant is missing.

• 20th Dec 2015

Lady at front desk let us keep an extra guest beyond capacity so that was cool.

• 5th Dec 2015

Overpriced for what it is but I guess that's my fault for paying it; being early on travelling (1st time and flying solo) When I went on hostel world only 3 hostels came up so I booked the cheapest which was this at £13 a night. I arrived and the young girl couldn't find me in the system. Then charged me too much. No toilet roll either in my room. However the 2nd night I got my toilet roll and upon leaving I got my money they owed and he sorted me out to get to ko Tao. Many cheaper places though

The girl did not over charge him but miss under standing that he already paid the 15 % commission so she charge him the full amount. when I met him and already explain to him and refund him the full amount. He told me that he understand and accept the apologise. In return he complain. Please respect the local people nobody want to cheat you ,please don't make bad name for other western tourist. SAM(the owner)

Brilliant staff and a lovely peaceful and beautiful location.

Room wasnt clean walls were dirty, i stayed three nights and they didnt even attempt to clean the room, didnt refresh soap or towels, staff were nice at first then didnt want to know you after you checked in. Hasnt been maintained in years flaking paint everywhere my room wasnt even level.. Anyway i would only reccomend if desperste for somewhere to stay

• 26th Aug 2015

Almost all staff didn't speak any English which made it hard to plan activities or just ask basic questions.

Although it was lovely it was a bit overpriced

Lady who owns is confused about how to charge for single rooms. You will find out when you get there. Also lots of that are not on hostel world if you take the time to look.

• 16th Aug 2015