Sam�S VIP Hostel San Gil Reviews

Cr 10 12-33 Top Floor, San Gil, Colombia

Everyone was very friendly and very helpful. The facilities and activities offered were great and offered a wide variety. It was easy and homely staying at Sams.

The hostel location was excellent just in front of the main square. The Staff was very kind and was always helping with the organization for the activities, which made our trip very easy, we just had to choose what activity we will like to do and they will help us with the agency for the pick up and all the other things. Sometimes the pressure of the water was bad in the bedroom so it was difficult to have a shower, the other thing is that they don´t accept credit cards to pay the room.

Great place. Just one observation: the computers are very slow, either filled with viruses or malware. Easy fix.

Very nice kitchen, perfect location and friendly staff. Rooms are very small though and only tiny lockers.

Certainly the best hostel I have ever stayed in! For evening drinks you are spoilt for choice between the terrace overlooking them main square and the swimming pool. Rebecca was incredibly helpful and patient with this incompent traveller on reception, organizing my trips and onward travel at below the cost the internet suggested.

• 17th Feb 2015

Very helpful and friendly staff, which organized paragliding and rafting activities for us. Also assisted in buying tickets for bus ride to Santa Marta (ordered the best seats in the front of the bus). This hostel also run a great restaurant across the street, which served exellent steaks and other food. We have already recommended this hostel to several people we met during our travels i Colombia! :-)

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Norway

Perfect location and great staff. Only con is that the WiFi does not work downstairs and music can be too loud for no reason. Good experience paragliding with them as well.

Would not stay again. No AC (or at least they won't turn it on for you), WiFi only works in the entrance and is spotty. Cannot adjust water temperature in shower and water often stops mid-shower. Many other hostels in this area have pools or nice communal areas, this one has a concrete slab in a courtyard by noisy street.

• 7th Dec 2014

Hi, thanks for your comments and hope this will help us to get better and to be clear of the service we provide, sorry for the AC but its true just one of our rooms provide AC and is the most expensive with private Jacuzzi, about the water its the first time we have that comment but we'll check an easy way to help guests adjusting the water temperature, SamS VIP Hostel is the only hostel in town with a pool there are not many as you said, sorry for the inconvenience and hope you have a nice trip

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in Colombia. Actually went back there a second time.

Very near to the street (was loud, you can smell the smoke from the car -> park side). Take a room not on the park side)

Thanks for your comments and glad you had a great time at SamS VIP , as you said it is sometimes noisy, our recommendation as you said is taking the private rooms with private bathroom at the back of the hostel, they are a bit more expensive but you won't have this problem, on the other hand the privates with shared bathroom that you had are located in front of the street but they have a beautiful balcony overlooking the street but it is true about the noise, those are the choices, thanks again.

Great very clean hostel, in a fantastic location. Easily one of the best I have stayed at in South America. The rooftop pool is the icing on the cake.

This was the best hostel we've stayed at in our 6 months traveling in South America. The staff were great especially the girl on the morning shift who was always smiling, friendly and helpful. We organised all our activities through the hostel and couldn't recommend these enough. The double room was spacious and clean with a balcony overlooking the main square. The terrance and pool are great areas to hang out and meet other travellers. The steak at the restaurant really is amazing.

Love this hostel. One of my favourites. The staff will organise any activities for you. The view out over the square is fantastic. The common area is perfect for meeting people and all the people I met were awesome, like-minded backpackers. I booked two nights and stayed for. I'm pretty sure most people who stayed did something similar. Awesome hostel - deserves it's high rating!

I had a great stay at Sam's VIP. I ended up extending my stay for a few days and the staff was incredibly accommodating. I think the best things about Sam's are the staff and the other people you meet here. Overall great experience!

This hotel is located in a central area in San Gil directly across from Parque principal. It is not a far walk to restaurants or Parque Gallineral. The majority of the staff at this hotel are very friendly and knowledgeable of the area and activities. I will say that I stayed here with my Colombian girlfriend and Ariana the front desk staff treated us both less than professional. Additionally we received an unprofessional massage in our room as the masseuses would stop and talk

Clean, really nice private room, massive kitchen, a rooftop pool, perfect location with a huge balcony over the beautiful main square. The staff make it really easy to do a lot in a short time. Met one of our best buddies on the trip here too. Damn fine hostel.