Sam�S VIP Hostel San Gil Reviews

Cr 10 12-33 Top Floor, San Gil, Colombia

Would not stay again. No AC (or at least they won't turn it on for you), WiFi only works in the entrance and is spotty. Cannot adjust water temperature in shower and water often stops mid-shower. Many other hostels in this area have pools or nice communal areas, this one has a concrete slab in a courtyard by noisy street.

• 7th Dec 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in Colombia. Actually went back there a second time.

Very near to the street (was loud, you can smell the smoke from the car -> park side). Take a room not on the park side)

Great very clean hostel, in a fantastic location. Easily one of the best I have stayed at in South America. The rooftop pool is the icing on the cake.

This was the best hostel we've stayed at in our 6 months traveling in South America. The staff were great especially the girl on the morning shift who was always smiling, friendly and helpful. We organised all our activities through the hostel and couldn't recommend these enough. The double room was spacious and clean with a balcony overlooking the main square. The terrance and pool are great areas to hang out and meet other travellers. The steak at the restaurant really is amazing.

Love this hostel. One of my favourites. The staff will organise any activities for you. The view out over the square is fantastic. The common area is perfect for meeting people and all the people I met were awesome, like-minded backpackers. I booked two nights and stayed for. I'm pretty sure most people who stayed did something similar. Awesome hostel - deserves it's high rating!

I had a great stay at Sam's VIP. I ended up extending my stay for a few days and the staff was incredibly accommodating. I think the best things about Sam's are the staff and the other people you meet here. Overall great experience!

This hotel is located in a central area in San Gil directly across from Parque principal. It is not a far walk to restaurants or Parque Gallineral. The majority of the staff at this hotel are very friendly and knowledgeable of the area and activities. I will say that I stayed here with my Colombian girlfriend and Ariana the front desk staff treated us both less than professional. Additionally we received an unprofessional massage in our room as the masseuses would stop and talk

For me this has been one of the best hostels I have stayed at in Colombia. Really clean and at a great location on the main square. The hostel has really nice facilities, big kitchen and a pool. Atmosphere is pretty chilled but I think that's best for San Gil where you ll be involved in lots of outdoor activities during the day. All bars and restaurants are anyway very close to the hostel. And try the steak at Sam´s! Quite cheap and really good

nice staff, great location, clean & big room :-)

Had a short (but great) stay at Sam's VIP hostel. I arrived midday and had let the receptionist know I was interested in rappelling - apparently there was a bus headed that way within 15 minutes of my arrival so she set it up for me right away. There wasn't much going on in the hostel when I was there so the atmosphere was subpar, but I'm sure when there are more people, it's more enjoyable. Clean, great and welcoming staff - would definitely recommend.

• 30th Sep 2014

Great Location!

Amazing balcony looking over the plaza - really good staff and a well equipped kitchen to home-cook. Would recommend it.

Lovely hostel, go have à steak at Sam's Restaurant!

Cool, clean and quality location!

The hostel is in the perfect location in the main square. It is fitted with two kitchens, one on each floor, the biggest being on the top floor. It has the usual type of pots and pans you would except from most hostels, all the frying pans are silver with no sign of the non stick coating type thing, but its not an issue really. There is a good atmosphere in the evening with most people hanging out in the reception/bar/terrace area having a few beers. Strongly recommend it!!

Really great hostel! Perfect location overlooking the main square. This hostel has it all. Staff were really helpful and multi-lingual. Good kitchen, awesome balcony in the sun. Pool at the back too. The computers were all a bit lame and wifi not great but id definately recommend this place and stay here again!

Sam's is incredibly friendly and welcoming, with a sociable but not at all rowdy atmosphere. Great place to meet people and organise any activity you can think of. The staff know you by name and are very knowledgable - Joanna convinced me to go rafting on the Rio Suarez despite my fears and it was a brilliant experience. The kitchen is amazing. The private room was big, with a huge bed, and extremely clean. A safe in reception would be a plus when checking out before an evening departure. 5*!

Nice hostel, good facilities (although I wish they had more showers available), but on the whole, really enjoyed our stay. There were two shared kitchens, and I loved the fact that they had complimentary fresh fruit cut on the common table, and tea and coffee provided (it just gave the place a more relaxed and homely feel). Joanna (the staff member) was very helpful. Couldn't be happier with the location - out room had a view of the park and lots of restaurants and markets nearby. :)

A very nice place which offers great tours! We definitely recommend it!