Sam�S VIP Hostel San Gil Reviews

Cr 10 12-33 Top Floor, San Gil, Colombia

Loved our stay at Sams! It was the best hostel we stayed at during our trip through Colombia. The staff were cheerful and helpful with a great knowledge of the area, pointing us towards the fantastic eateries around the square the hostel is located. The square is full of people at all times, and is lovely to look out over from the balcony. It was easy to book all our activities at the front desk (the main reason we went to San Gil) and had a bright, clean, relaxed and social vibe. Loved!!

• 2nd Jul 2014

One of my favourite hostels in Colombia. The staff were superb, friendly and went out of their way to help. Great location overlooking main square and plenty of areas to chill out.

Joanna at the front desk is extremely kind and helpful. The night staff however tend to give out the wrong information about tours so best to get your questions answered and book your tours during the day.

The staff was really nice

Right on the main square, excellent location. Private rooms are really nice too, some even have a little balcony looking on to the square. There's a good terrace common area and a nice roof pool.

Really nice hostel in the middle of San Gil! Staff friendly, rooms clean!

The Hostel is located in the best area of the city. The things I didn't like was the room ( very small and stuffy) and what happened the day I arrived. I noted that there was no hot water, and I detected that the boiler was turned off. After make me wait for 30 minutes to solve the problem ( basically just turn on the boiler), the girl that was on reception told that the boiler would explode if it was turned on. During all the period tha I was in the hostel this problem happened..so no hot water

Thanks for your review and we are really happy you enjoy your staying at SamS VIP Hostel, unfortunately at the time you were here we had some problems with the water supply as i explained on the previous review, and we did not get enough water so the GAS accumulation heater could not be turn on unless it was half full otherwise it could maybe not exploit but it could be overworking and maybe broke for low water level,But thanks again for the review and hope to see you back soon.

I wasn't blown away by it, I've stayed in better and in worse. There was a general feeling that things needed more maintenance, although some issues with the water were related to local infrastructure and not the hostel´s fault. Still, staff could have been a little friendlier although they were helpful enough. The location is perfect on the main square. All in all a mixed bag. They need to figure out a way for the door at the entrance to close automatically.

• 20th Jun 2014

Thanks anyway for taking your time writing a comment, we had a hard time with the water supply in the whole town as there was a an accident with a petrol truck which crash on the river but the hostel manage to buy a full water tank to supply water for guest, this was really stressful and I guest the staff was as friendly as they could at the moment, Maintenance? we just paint hostel, change all furniture, install new accessories for kitchens etc.

Best hostel in Colombia. Even with water shortages the hostel was always spotless. Great staff, location, everything! You can make your own food in the well equipped kitchen and eat on the balcony overlooking the square! Fantastic. Movie nights are possible too as they have a huge blueray collection.....Tours easily booked...ATM next door, lots of places to eat nearby. They sell beer too. My favourite town and hostel in Colombia!

Sam's is a solid hostel. The staff were helpful; our fan didn't work and they agreed to change our room without a problem. The atmosphere was all right. In regards to location, it's bang on the main square which is useful for some things but it is also extremely noisy, crowded and with cars everywhere.

Great hostel, good location, clean

Nothing bad to say about SAMs VIP! Staff were so friendly and helpful, kitchen was unreal, great location, lots of info about activities and good day trips, clean rooms, comfy beds, etc. definitely stay there!

REALLY nice place; they organize fun outings during the week; easy to be social or private; good internet; very clean; dorms with not too many beds in them

I stayed at SAMs VIP and had a truly fantastic experience. The staff are very nice and welcoming. Johanna is vey helpful and attentive. It is a clean and cozy spot and you will be sure to get a hot shower here. I came here after roughing it and found that the town, the hostel and the people were so welcoming and lovely that I just couldn't leave. You might find yourself here for a few days extra then expected, but all is good since it is a nice place to rest your travel weary head for a while.

• 25th Apr 2014

Great location! Staff was generally friendly but didn't go above and beyond to help figure out activities if stuff got cancelled. When we were there to white water raft, the water was too high and they didn't really give us much help finding other stuff. Location is great, the place itself is really nice and the other travellers were pretty friendly. Nice and quiet at night.

Great location on the square, with a big patio overlooking it. Really liked the town. I had a problem with the next hostel we were due to visit in Santa Marta, and the staff were really helpful in sorting it out.

Only stayed one night, lovely hostel, clean, spacious, great facilities and nice chill out areas. Very helpful lady working there also.