Sam�S VIP Hostel San Gil Reviews

Cr 10 12-33 Top Floor, San Gil, Colombia

One of my favourite hostels in Colombia. The staff were superb, friendly and went out of their way to help. Great location overlooking main square and plenty of areas to chill out.

Joanna at the front desk is extremely kind and helpful. The night staff however tend to give out the wrong information about tours so best to get your questions answered and book your tours during the day.

The staff was really nice

Right on the main square, excellent location. Private rooms are really nice too, some even have a little balcony looking on to the square. There's a good terrace common area and a nice roof pool.

Really nice hostel in the middle of San Gil! Staff friendly, rooms clean!

The Hostel is located in the best area of the city. The things I didn't like was the room ( very small and stuffy) and what happened the day I arrived. I noted that there was no hot water, and I detected that the boiler was turned off. After make me wait for 30 minutes to solve the problem ( basically just turn on the boiler), the girl that was on reception told that the boiler would explode if it was turned on. During all the period tha I was in the hostel this problem happened..so no hot water

Thanks for your review and we are really happy you enjoy your staying at SamS VIP Hostel, unfortunately at the time you were here we had some problems with the water supply as i explained on the previous review, and we did not get enough water so the GAS accumulation heater could not be turn on unless it was half full otherwise it could maybe not exploit but it could be overworking and maybe broke for low water level,But thanks again for the review and hope to see you back soon.

This place is brilliant & quite a number of people use it as a place for some downtime on their travels. The white water rafting the hostel use is really great & safety focused. The first hostel I've stayed at that is right on the city plaza which is nice. Also a short walk to the extremely modern supermarket & two good kitchens make for a cheap stay & healthy food which was a good empanada break.

I wasn't blown away by it, I've stayed in better and in worse. There was a general feeling that things needed more maintenance, although some issues with the water were related to local infrastructure and not the hostel´s fault. Still, staff could have been a little friendlier although they were helpful enough. The location is perfect on the main square. All in all a mixed bag. They need to figure out a way for the door at the entrance to close automatically.

• 20th Jun 2014

Thanks anyway for taking your time writing a comment, we had a hard time with the water supply in the whole town as there was a an accident with a petrol truck which crash on the river but the hostel manage to buy a full water tank to supply water for guest, this was really stressful and I guest the staff was as friendly as they could at the moment, Maintenance? we just paint hostel, change all furniture, install new accessories for kitchens etc.

Best hostel in Colombia. Even with water shortages the hostel was always spotless. Great staff, location, everything! You can make your own food in the well equipped kitchen and eat on the balcony overlooking the square! Fantastic. Movie nights are possible too as they have a huge blueray collection.....Tours easily booked...ATM next door, lots of places to eat nearby. They sell beer too. My favourite town and hostel in Colombia!

Sam's is a solid hostel. The staff were helpful; our fan didn't work and they agreed to change our room without a problem. The atmosphere was all right. In regards to location, it's bang on the main square which is useful for some things but it is also extremely noisy, crowded and with cars everywhere.

1 2 Next » last »