Samana Wasi Arequipa Reviews

Calle Puente Grau 105, Arequipa, Peru

Pros: Location Cons: was hard to communicate with staff (even in Spanish) and they didn't seem very organised. Unfortunately we left something on our tour bus booked through them and when explained I asked them to call the agency it all took too long

A lovely little quiet guesthouse with clean comfortable private rooms. They organised my Colca Canyon trek (the same one that everyone does) and i was really glad to go back after the trek to relax. The hot water was a little bit erratic but always available (with a short wait) and the wifi was good quality.

• 14th Sep 2014

Fantastic place to stay, and we had chance to practice our Spanish too! The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, kind and accommodated all of our needs. We went off on a three day tour and were able to leave our bags there without a problem. Breakfast is delicious and the rooms are spacious and clean. The water is not always hot hot, but always warm enough to use and if you are willing to wait 20 minutes they go back to hot no problem. We had a fantastic time here!

Location: 5 minutes walking from the city center. Atmosphere is nice, nice clean rooms with a patio and rooftop terrace. Breakfast is good and staff is friendly. Wifi is okay. Kitchen is a bit dirty. Showers not always hot.

We stayed there for 3 nights. The hostel is nice and quiet. It is not far away from the Centrum. The staff is really nice. The elderly woman making breakfast is always smiling. Be prepared that just one person speaks English, but this is a general advice for south America. so, thanks for the hospitality :)

Everything was Good but the shower was not hot enough!! Can be a problem after a long hike.

Nice building, nice rooms, friendly staff. Good breakfast, good location. Showers were usually too cold, the internet is slow and there is no common room inside. Kitchen is very small.

Staff were very welcoming and helpful. ABreakfast was great with fresh juice, eggs and the usual breads. double room bed was huge and comfy! Kitchen facility isn't the best so rather eat out which is unfortunate.

Definitely worth the few extra soles to get my own, comfortable room with private bath there. It's more like a guesthouse than a hostel, in terms of meeting people. The courtyard is pleasant, and wifi is good in the living room and even ok in my third-floor room. Great views from the rooftop. Easy walk to all the attractions. Best of all, the mother and daughter running the place are the sweetest--they even shared their meal with me as it was my birthday when I stayed there.