Samay Hostel Sevilla Reviews

Menendez Pelayo 13, Seville, Spain

The staff was really nice, they worked hard with the atmosphere with free drinks on the rooftop to make it easier to meet people which is really nice. The one drawback is that there was only two places in a room of 8 where it was possible to charge the phone and thus there was alarmclocks in other parts of the room in the middle of the night that noone turned off and you might have to spend some time in the lolobby charging your phone. Except that it was a really nice hostel.

it looks clean on the surface but there was a lot of dust on the floors, especially under the beds and furniture. very well located. free sangria and beer on the roof terrace helped with the atmosphere, got people talking. not a party hostel, not really a party town, but you can meet people easily here.

The staff and location of this place are amazing so it's a shame that it was so dirty. The bathroom in my dorm was absolutely disgusting with black mould growing all over the shower and walls. The floor was always flooded as the shower walls leaked as well. Beds were nice and comfortable but no wifi anywhere except the lobby and not enough plug sockets in rooms. To me the atmosphere wasn't quite there although they did hold events every night. Overall it was a distinctly average stay for me.

Average hostel. The rooftop is really nice but the area is not utilized as best as it can be. Kitchen is big, 4 man rooms are spacious, the bathroom wasn't very clean (mould around the shower), and the shower head was broken. Dis -regard the check in time, because we had people check in at 9am and woke us up, but that wasn't their fault. Location is good though. The communal area is always rammed as that is the only place to get wifi.

All staff were really friendly. Elisa was really helpful and made seeing the place really easy and comfortable. Great vibes to walk into.

• 8th Sep 2015

Great little hostel with nice spacious rooms. Good location near slot of nice eating places. Would recommend

Hi! Thanks a million for your review! Samay hostel staff :)

The location was central. The dorms were clean. The internet didn't work at 2nd and 3rd floor. The receptionist tried to play cool but it didn't work. He was really odd and was moaning about everything. Also it took him ages to check-in and we're standing with our heavy backpacks at the reception for ages!

Thanks for your review, I apologize but I wasn't playing, it was just very difficult to me to pronunce your last name. After staying, plans and activities are in the top priorities, again, apologize if it took "ages" to explain Everything about the city, about the hostel and recommend good places. I can't complain about the hostel I'm managing with pleasure, honestly, apologize but this is just not true, put 1/5 pt for the staff which works very hard isn't correct. But anyway thank you very much

Staff and hostel are great, only let down was the lack of lockers in room. Safety deposit boxes are offered however,

Hey, many thanks for your amazing review, we're trying to fix the problem! Hope to see you again, Samay hostel Staff

This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The hostel is right in the Santa Cruz district, and a close walk to all the main sites. The staff are also unreal! So helpful and always recommending activities and places. Every night there was some kind of activity up on the terrace, whether it was free sangria, unlimited wine, or free shots, so it was easy to meet people. Hostel is also super clean. Only thing I could complain about is that the shower was a bit grimy. That's it though!

Holaaaaaaa! Wow thanks for leaving such a nice review and explaining what we really do here. Everyday we get so many guests and it's always a pleasure to recommend best things to do. There is nothing to add, Thanks a lot for choosing Samay hostel. P.S. we will do a better clean to the shower, even if we do that every single day ;) A big hug :)

I had an excellent experience at the Samay hostel, and I think it was almost exclusively because of Federica. Well, that's not entirely true, Domenico also does an excellent job but Federica is so funny, so beautiful and so charming that I was completely dazzled. In fact, I think I could be completely enchanted staying in an overturned bathtub in a thunder-storm if Federica knocked on the top of it before I went to sleep.

Hi big man! I'm sorry if I'm not beautiful as Federica is.. I'll do my best to improve myself! Anyway has been a truly pleasure to meet a very fun and good person like you. Fede left but we're still here, if you ever come back to Spain feel free to come to visit us again! We hope you're having a great time in Europe, thanks a lot, Domenico & Samay hostel staff

the hostel was very good, the staff was very friendly and helpful, theres a nice terrace where you can chill out and the kitchen is new and well equipped, everything was good in general.

Hello!! Thank for taking time to leave such a good review! We hope to see you again! Hasta luego ;)

Enjoyed our stay here. Great location. Cons were there was only one fridge that didn't work properly (not very cold) and was unkept, but the rest of it was great. The free sangria party was awesome and delicious and the staff were really friendly.

Hello! Thank you very much for taking time to review our property, reviews are vitally important to us to keep our place as good as possible and make your staying unforgettable. Yes that's true we had a problem with the fridge but has been fixed the day after! We're glad to hear you liked our free sangria on our amazing terrace! Please feel free to come back anytime, we hope to see you again! Un abrazo, Samay hostel Staff :)

Staff were friendly and helpful! The Nightly activities/free stuff were a great way to meet people; a big group of us went to a free flamenco show just around the corner from the hostel! Facilities were excellent and clean, wifi didnt work particularly well in the rooms and a lack of power points in the rooms wasn't ideal. Great value for the price!

Many thanks to leave such a good feedback and thanks for explaining what activities at Samay mean. Thanks for appreciating our hard work! This is exactly what make us very happy . Actually the internet doesn't work upstairs on the last floors but we already asked to our providor to amplify it, hopefully it will be fixed as soon as possible! Thanks again and if you have any chance, please come back! Samay Hostel Staff

No wifi in rooms, and the wifi in the lounge is not very fast. Apart from that, staffs are wry helpful and friendly and the events on the terrace are nice. Good hostel

Thank you very much for your great review! We hope you're having a great time around Spain, see you :)

It was very good to stay at this hostel. Clean room and gentle staffs...

Hiiii! A huge thanks for reviewing us! Enjoy your trip :)

staff were very helpful, location is just a few minutes away feom centre negative side, they demand 2,50 euros for breakfast nearly without giving anything

Didn't have much of an atmosphere while I was there but good hostel nonetheless! Very helpful staff and good facilities.

Great kitchen, nice bathrooms, sturdy comfortable beds. The staff was all awesome and led really fun group activities like beer night and a bar crawl. Great social areas and I nice stay.

Lovely terrace. Staff kind and helphul. I have spend a relaxing night with my children

Fantastic hostel. The location is situated within the center of the city and it is very easy to reach the main tourist attractions. Nice atmosphere and very clean. The events hosted by the hostel definitely helped make this stay exceptional.