Samay Hostel Sevilla Reviews

Menendez Pelayo 13, Seville, Andalucia, Spain

This hostel is very good and offers anything you would expect of a hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful with any question. One problem is that the doors shut very loudly and thus, it's hard to get sleep early in the morning, when the first people leave their rooms.

Little difficult to find if you didn't know what to look for-- a sign on the street could help

• 31st Mar 2014

Every thing is perfect, I recommande this hostel.

• 14th Mar 2014

Best things at your hostel: the terrace and the bar (could be open at every night), the prices (really okay), organisation/administration/cleanliness (everything really good), but the best thing is your staff! Each of them is very friendly, polite and helpful. It's amazing to see how young people can manage a whole hostel. I personally got to know Sarah who was working very hard when I was there, but still always friendly! However, I loved all of the staff members and I was really impressed! Thx

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Austria

this hostel is the best hostel I have found during my trip... highly recommended to stay here. very clean, nice facilities, helpful staff and very quite. Gracias!

Everything was perfect, I was very pleasantly surprised by just how clean and up kept the hostel was and the overall experience was something I honestly had never seen in a hostel . Definitely my favorite place that I have ever stayed in; the staff is incredibly friendly and warm , specially Pablo, Aija, Valentina and the barman Marcos..you should try his amazing mojitos ;-) I would come back and recommend it to anyone.

The place architeture doesn't permit a better atmosfere. Small and cold living room. Novice staff ( the only hostel ( in 5 I stayed during my trip ) that haven't done a simple 3 min overall map explanation in check in ). Cheap breakfast but with few options. Good kitchen. Good location. The room is very good ( I stayed in the double room ), good value for money.

The hostel is in a great location, very close walking distance to the city center and many restaurants. The rooms were clean though lack power points. Overall hostel was really good, and would stay there again.

In the rooms it said, that the kitchen is open 24 hrs. When wanted to make some food at night, staff told us we could not use the kitchen anymore, because it had already be cleaned for the day. When we commented, that the kitchen was supposed to be open, the staff got quite rude and said he'd never heard of that... Otherwise our stay was great, and the rest of the staff was really friendly.

• 6th Feb 2014

Kitchen was great, staff great. The atmosphere was more chill than social and it was hard to meet people as a single traveler but facilities were good so would stay there again.

I don't recommend breakfast here. There are many restaurants offering breakfast .. Rooms and facilities were great. Located along a big street and it is not far from tourist attractions.

The hostel is central, cheap and clean; everything you're looking for during a short trip. I was staying in a four-bedroom dorm but I ended up having the room all to myself, which was very good. Sevilla is a very nice place and I did some of the Free Walking Tours, which are recommended at the hostel, and those were a great way to discover the city. Only (minor) point of critique is that the staff at the reception was not extremely friendly or nice.

• 28th Jan 2014

Kick ass terraza. No doubt about it. Super friendly staff who made us feel comfortable from the get-go. Could have easily stayed longer. Casa Carlos restaurant next door makes a tasty bacon and egg montadito!

• 22nd Jan 2014

Very nice homely hostel, big rooms and bathroom, only one shower for the room but not all 8 beds were taken so that was ok. Pretty quiet being winter but the rooftop terrace was still nice. Powerpoints weren't next to every bed which made it occasionally difficult to charge devices, only 4 for 8 people.

I love everything about this hostel but they need more computers.

This was a great hostel, staff was amazing and the rooftop terrace is great.

• 16th Jan 2014

Excellent, very impressed!! My girlfriend was a hostel 'virgin' and was nervous about what to expect, she was delighted to find everything passed the 'cleanliness' test, even the bathroom! Staff were super-friendly and helpful, kitchen facilities were great, location superb...we can't recommend it highly enough!

• 14th Jan 2014

Great experience. Complimentary breakfast would have been even better. We only stayed one night, but it was clean. They used key cards for the doors, so we felt very safe. Check-in went smoothly. We appreciated not paying extra for towels or linens. Good location.

Walking distance to the train and bus station, bus stop outside the hostel, plenty of restaurants around the corner, free flamenco show close by (La Carboneria), rooms were clean and had free little safes to store your stuff.

No light by beds I am in a wheelchair: the elevator was small, no elevator to roof. Good help:) good badroom for wheelchair.

• 3rd Jan 2014