Samay Hostel Sevilla Reviews

Menendez Pelayo 13, Seville, Spain

-Minuses; Safetyboxes not working, the airconditioning not on daytime/too cold nighttime(you can't adjust it yourself or turn it off/on and there was 2 broken refrigerators and only one small one working for All the people in hostel. Why?! BUT staff was nice (especially the girl from Finland), location is good, especially if you are traveling by train, rooms were ok. So all in all, good place to spend 2-3 days.

I really enjoyed my stay here the only critism is that the locks did not work however the staff accomadated this by keeping personal belonging secure.

• 2nd May 2014

We had a spacious and clean double room - very nice. This hostel is just perfect for Sevilla- helpful staff, centrally located, rooftop bar.

Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever lived! My friend and I loved it so much! Staff are very friendly. This hostel made me feel more like a home, very comfortable. I felt so safe. It was very close to the city center and easy to find. They have beautiful terrace and cheap drinks. I loved the kitchen the most! I appreciate the concept that past travellers donated their foods for other travellers. I saved some money for foods because of that.

The first guy who checked me in, (wearing a T shirt with the band Brand New and glasses and was British, I forgot his name but I hope that helps) was extremely friendly and very helpful in terms of what to see and do. The girl who was supposed to be running the 24 hour check out was hanging out with her friends in the kitchen when I tried to check out at 5AM. But in general they're a very nice group. If there was air conditioning it was not working. Old building but good Wifi and location.

Great hostel, only things that I did not like were no padlock lockers and poor outlet placements. They do have lockers that operate with the room key but rather annoying to figure out and small, only the super important things will fit. The staff is amazing and super helpful, really knowledgable and feel more like friends than just a staff. Loved my time there!

very nice hostel. didnt like that the security deposit boxes didnt work and also didnt really like the staff either. room lacked outlets. extremely nice kitchen, very big. actually all the facilities were very nice. nice shower, floor towel and hand soap were also appreciated. no free breakfast was a bummer. good location. would recommend, would stay here again.

Hostel is in a great spot. Unfortunately the wifi doesn't work in the rooms or the terrace. Common area was pretty small so not fantastic for meeting people but I had some great roommates :). Small security lockers outside the rooms (you set your own pin) but not a great deal of storage in the rooms.

I enjoyed my stay except my room was really hot and one of the girls in my room had something stolen.

The hostel was surprisingly noise free at night, a plus for us! The paella on the roof terrace was also great.

The electric charger is not enough for use, maybe because of holy week, the price is far above normal.

It is a very secure and nice hostel with very helpful stuff. I stayed in a six bed dorm and everything was very clean. The only disadvantage was that there was only one plug in the whole room. As everybody uses smartphones it was hard to charge your phone. I have been there in Semana Santa with very high prizes so I cannot say anything about the average value for money.

• 12th Apr 2014

Staff was very nice and helpful, had a good chat and made some good friends, breakfast is not big deal, if you enjoy eating you can get a nice complete breakfast outside for a couple more euros, however if you're ok with toasts and coffee then it's cheap and easy to get. I would love to come back, the city is beautiful and the hostel has a great location to walk all around, you'll get lost even with a map, so don't go out without one.

Good atmosphere. Wifi upstairs needed. Rooftop bar is great. Cleaner bathrooms would be good. Overall good experience.

This hostel is very good and offers anything you would expect of a hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful with any question. One problem is that the doors shut very loudly and thus, it's hard to get sleep early in the morning, when the first people leave their rooms.

Little difficult to find if you didn't know what to look for-- a sign on the street could help

Every thing is perfect, I recommande this hostel.

• 14th Mar 2014

Best things at your hostel: the terrace and the bar (could be open at every night), the prices (really okay), organisation/administration/cleanliness (everything really good), but the best thing is your staff! Each of them is very friendly, polite and helpful. It's amazing to see how young people can manage a whole hostel. I personally got to know Sarah who was working very hard when I was there, but still always friendly! However, I loved all of the staff members and I was really impressed! Thx

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Austria

this hostel is the best hostel I have found during my trip... highly recommended to stay here. very clean, nice facilities, helpful staff and very quite. Gracias!

Everything was perfect, I was very pleasantly surprised by just how clean and up kept the hostel was and the overall experience was something I honestly had never seen in a hostel . Definitely my favorite place that I have ever stayed in; the staff is incredibly friendly and warm , specially Pablo, Aija, Valentina and the barman Marcos..you should try his amazing mojitos ;-) I would come back and recommend it to anyone.