Samba Green Hostel Reviews

Rua Alvaro Ramos, 394, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel was awesome! From everything to everything! Hot water, good breakfast inculded, great wifi, good security! And an awesome location, with good partying through the hostel. And the owner Carlos really makes the whole experience. He is there everyday doing whatever he can to make you stay great. I lost my phone and he went out of his way to try and find it, luckily I had an extra but the screen was all cracked and broken, but he walked me about 25 minutes to a place to get get it fixed.

The overall value of the hostel is great! The staff is really really nice. If you have a question, they will try to help you.

The staff was extremely accommodating and very helpful. The only drawback to the hostel was that its kitchen was not clean, making the free breakfast a bit less appealing. Considering the price, I was pleased with my stay overall.

• 17th Jun 2015

Many thanks especially to Carlos. He provides helpful tips in going around and how to enjoy Rio. He also made sure that i will be able to do hang gliding,which i did on my last day. The location,for me is perfect as it's residential, & walking distance to copacobana and nearby beaches. Is it a perfect hostel?no, but it is relatively a baby, and i am sure it will get there. Special mention to the lady receptionist (i wasn't able to ask her name) - she's extremely helpful as well. Muito obrigad

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Very nice atmosphere, staff were helpful. It is a little walk to get to the metro

The best hostel in Rio for me. it felt like a home the entire time I stayed. Carlos and the team are amazing, I would stay forever if I could.

• 4th Jun 2015

Great place to stay thanks to Carlos, Vicente, Mayara, Alemao and the hosts I was lucky to meet, Leonardo, Leo, Hannah, Michelle, Vessel, Sélin, Allack.

By far the funnest hostel I've had the pleasure of staying in. Carlos creates a warm atmosphere and treats everyone like family. Clean bathrooms, great location, and helpful staff.

amazing hostel staff are really cool as is the owner Carlos, only shame is that some of the equipment (pots and pans etc) are a bit old and it would be nice to have these upgraded.

It's location in Botafogo isn't too bad, a bit quieter and close enough to the subway. During the low season it was very quiet here. Which was fine, although it would be been nice to socialize a bit more. Plenty of large lockers inside and oustide the rooms. Facilities were basic but sufficient. Carlos (owner) was great. He gave a lot of really useful advice and I followed his recommendations with great success several times.

I'm from Rio so I know many places in there to stay and neighbourghoods and Samba Green has a great service for the money in a nice location in Rio. The beds were good (spacious and comfy), there were a good fan, decent breakfast (prepare fresh till a good time) and a atmosphere amazing for backpackers. I visited there with a friend, but I would feel easily blended in if I were by myself. Carlos is an amazing manager! He and his team provide all the help we needed. Totally recommend!

The hostel was nice, and the staff were very helpful and friendly people. A good choice if you want to socialize and party. 10-15 min walk to the metro, but there are buses leaving close by that can take you to Copacabana etc. Good facilities and clean.

A very friendly and quieter hostel located in the residential neighborhood of Botafogo. It's about a 25 minute walk to Copacabana beach or Sugar Loaf! Plenty of restaurants and a grocery store nearby. The wifi was pretty spotty and refused to work when it rained. Showers were a little weak and dirty as well. The friendly staff made up for these minor setbacks though! I would definitely come back here :)

Great, friendly staff that were super helpful by helping me manage with the airport and airlines in recovering my lost bags in record time! The atmosphere of the hostel is also great - I wish I had more time and was there under less stressful circumstances, it would have been wonderful!

• 22nd Apr 2015

If you have alergy, never get room number 8. The walls are full of mold. Location is good. Breakfast is poor.

Quirky rooms and really helpful staff, but fairly quiet when we stayed midweek

This.place.ROCKS! Good location, clean, great atmosphere and AMAZING staff! Carlos is THE person to know when staying in Rio! Throw away your lonely planet guide and listen to the man!

It´s a great place to stay in Rio. It´s very easy to meet new people there and to experience the culture of the city. Carlos can give great tips about were to spend the day and were to eat. Caipirinha night just makes the stay there even better.

Carlos and the other staff members are very helpful and knowledgeable about Rio. Samba green is in Botofogo which is an excellent area of Rio to stay in.

• 31st Mar 2015