Samba Green Hostel Reviews

Rua Alvaro Ramos, 394, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Really nice hostel, staff is extremely friendly and helpful - thanks again to Carlos and his team! Big lockers, comfy beds and lots of ventilators in the room. Good location with easy access to all of Rios Highlights!

The toilet are really bad. It's super hot inside the habitations. The crew is nice. Far from everywhere

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Israel

- DO NOT put your valuables in the locker inside your room. Someone broke my lock and stole my camera, ipad, cards, and all my money. The staff will recommend you not to take valuebles with you when going out to blocos or party. If you need to leave your valuables I recommend the locker in the hallway because there are security cameras. -10 to 15 mins walk to metro, 5-10min walk to shopping mall which has a big bus stop - staffs are nice and helpful - not much around the area

- Clean Hostel - Good Location - VERY helpful staff. Jeff, Carlos, and Mayara were exceptionally helpful. Thank you so much for making our stay as pleasant as possible. We could even make use of the facilities after we checked out. The owner (Carlos), really wants you to feel at home. The only downside is that our room did not have air-conditioning, and us Dutch people cannot get used to the tropic temperatures of summer Brazil. A great hostel! Highly recommended!

• 16th Feb 2015

Stayed during carnival time. Few minutes walk to the metro, standard breakfast, super friendly and helpful staff. Great vibe and constant fans in the room which helped! Impressed by showers too. On a nice residential street, safe and secure.

Great location , great atmosphere , but above all great staff , Carlos and all the others staff members are so happy, helpful and fun. They all speak perfect English, Spanish, Portuguese and will go above the call of duty to help you with any activity you want to do whilst in Rio from site seeing to partying .

Nicest hostel everrrrr! Carlos is amazing, will do anything for you and the staff are really helpful. Breakfast is amazing (they make you cake!). They also took us out on pub crawls and street carnivals so you felt looked after. Free Caipirinhas in Thursdays are great! Rooms and toilets etc are perfect too

My second time here, spent 10 nights, could stay for a month. Breakfast great, beds great (considering 10-doorms and 40 degrees). If you're looking for a good way to explore Rio the people working here knows it all, if not they will find out! Amazing atmosphere, location and a staff I'm now proud to call my friends. Carlos, jeff, mae, raph, gui MASSIVE thank you for an unforgettable carneval! Me and my travelbuddy Robin could not recommend it more❤️ Love/ Moa

We had a great time! Brilliant at arranging activities for people staying in the hostel including bar crawls, caprinahs night and we went out together for carnival. Carlos and the team are so friendly and get involved. They also gave us great tips for restaurants. The place is sociable despite the common areas being quite small. Our double room was very hot at night with just a fan in the peak summer but some dorms have ac. Definitely would recommend staying here for a fun social Rio trip

We spent 4 nights in Samba green hostel and it was great ! The staff is really nice and always ready to help, the hostel was clean and safe, and there Were some activities offered. I totally recommand this place !

We thought this hostel was great. First time in brasil

Third time at samba green hostel and just like always, i had an amazing time! Carlos and his staff are ready to do anything possible for you to feel welcome and have a pleasant stay! will be definitely keep coming back!

We had an amazong stay at the hostel. The staff knows nearly everything about Rio and can give you the directions to the places ypu want to see. Close to the hostel is a nice beach and it is not far away from a Metro and a bus station. the kitchen is small, but very useful!

• 31st Jan 2015

Great cheap hostel, bus/walk to beaches, shops and sugarloaf mountain.

Such friendly people! Gui, Felipe, Carlos and all the rest are great and make you feel relaxed and at home! Lovely relaxed and social atmosphere! Location is good, safe neighbourhood, close to metro and Copacabana! We'll be back soon!!!

I think my expectations were high considering all the great feedback. Carlos seemed like a lovely guy and I think the people who had such great experiences probably stayed at weekends and went out with Carlos. I stayed mid week. I was in a non air conditioned room (I didnt realise some have air con). The room was quite dark, cramped, messy and hot. We did have fans going though and the mattress was comfy. It would be better if wifi was left on at night and maybe maps showing imediate vaccinity.

Hi GinsYates, I try to help everyone asking if you are sleeping well, if you are happy. It's hard to find out what you are thinking. I try to integrate all of you for partying every day.You should be more easygoing for meeting friends in a hostel and go out more often.The maps should be arriving soon and we have extra fans.The only room with aircon is the MIX 6 as you can see on HW. We have the best wifi in Rio, doesn´t mean that is as good as you home country.

The location was amazing, close to the Sugar Mountain, the beach and all the right places. Although I met some pretty awesome people. the lack of a common room or perhaps a proper bar (the bar was in reception), it was hard to have an area to meet everyone, that I think would be the only downfall. I do have to say the reception staff were amazing, very helpful and very welcoming.

Carlos and his team were superb. Located in a great and safe area of Botafogo with easy access to everything. The guys at the hostel will look after all your needs and queries. Highly recommend.

Probably the friendliest hostel I have ever stayed in! Carlos and his Team (Filipe, Jeff, ...) are the kindest of their kind and very helpful with everything you need. The location is in a quiet and safe area of botafogo. 10 mins walking to the metro, 5 to the busstations and 15 to copacabana beach.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Samba Green is the best hostel i ever been to! People from the stuff are great! Big regards to Felipe, Jeff, Guillherme e Carlos! they made our stay there something special! words are not enough to express how much gratitude I feel. All the best to Samba Green! Saludos desde Argentina!

• 29th Dec 2014