Samba Green Hostel Reviews

Rua Alvaro Ramos, 394, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel's in a great location and Carlos and the guys there have created a really nice atmosphere so highly recommend it

• 5th Dec 2014

The staff are brilliant - It was my first time in Rio so I really appreciated them being so welcoming and helpful! There's a really relaxed atmosphere about the place, and Carlos and all the guys went out of their way to make my stay as great as possible! The rooms are clean and all the facilities are good. And the caipirinhas are amazing!

• 15th Oct 2014

I have had some really bad hostel experiences but this stay was one of the best and these guys were awesome! Extremely helpful and created a very laid back environment in the hostel. I was recommended to stay here by a friend, and will definitely be passing Samba Green off to others!

• 10th Oct 2014

Very satisfied with my stay at Samba Green. Atmosphere, Staff and facilities are great. I'm brazilian and I can say that they know how to make a caipirinha! Tks Guilherme and all staff.

• 28th Aug 2014

já é a segunda vez que fico na hostel, e foi maravilhoso como já era de se esperar, a localização é muito boa e a equipe é muito atenciosa e prestativa. Nem olho mais hostel no Rio de Janeiro, já vou direto pra samba green hostel.

• 23rd Aug 2014

This is my second time staying at Samba Green. Both experiences have been excellent. The Hostel itself is conveniently located and has the facilities you would expect. What make the hostel excellent is the staff, beginning with Carlos (the owner). They do a great job of organizing activities, helping you out, and just making you feel at home. I will keep going back to Samba Green because of the people I have met there.

Very friendly staff. Cozy room. Nice bed and nice atmosphere. The only downside is the breakfast, which could be a bit better, but all in all it's very good value for money! :)

This place is awsome! Really good location near copacabana, the breakfast has a delicious cake and staff is amazing they would help you in any moment. Also clean baths with good hot showers.

Staff were absolutely amazing, helped us with everything we needed and were always friendly. Breakfast was good, rooms and bathrooms were clean, and there were lockers in the rooms to place your bags. The showers were the best we've had in Brazil! Highly recommend and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed here for two nights towards the end of the World Cup and had some problems with roommates but one of the staff members (Felipe) was very helpful and moved us to another room and made sure we were happy. Breakfast was standard, coffee, bread, ham, cheese, bananas and a sandwich toaster. 10-15 minute walk to the metro but close to bus stops. Would definitely recommend.

I want to mention specialty to the staff Anes and Fillip if i didn't get it wrong. They were both great staff friendly and helpful.

The most expensive hostel that I have paid and certainly the worst of my whole Worldcup trip in Brasil. The staff was too busy playing Candycrush, left people waiting at the front desk. He wasn't really friendly or helpful at all. Normally I wouldn't be complaining but considering the high price, the room was really small, the toilet are non functionning and dirty (broken doors, blocked toilet, no toilet paper), Poor breakfast. I was there during the weekend and the ambiance is plain dead.

Ageing building and worn fittings that need an upgrade or at least a fresh coat of paint. It waaa a busy time around the FIFA WC final so things may have been less tidy than usual.

The hostel price-gouged it's guests during the World Cup, but did not offer any additional services or amenities. I would not recommend staying at a hostel that treats it's guests like cash cows.

Best: staff! Really felt like they wanted to get to know you and have fun. Some were more knowledgeable than others, so you learned the rotations so you can avoid the not so helpful ones. The owner, Carlos, made appearances And did most tours in the afternoon. I never got a tour, they simply complained 6 am was to early And I needed to wait for check in. Worst: minimal breakfast that ALWAYS ran out. Cold showers or water pressure issues! Toilets were all shared unisex and always plugged! Wifi

I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 night stay at Samba Green. It had a very nice open air sort of atmosphere and its location to Copacabana and other Rio hotspots was ideal. The staff was extremely friendly and reliable. Overall a great stay.

• 30th Jun 2014

The beds were too noisy; I see many hostels which dont give water for free where is a basic stuff, no issue if they put a filter for the tap water.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Uruguay

Freaking awsome hostel, all stuff is really good, i bean there for The world cup and is just amazing that hostel, close to everything, safe, nice envirnoment... Defenitly I'm gonna be back!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

I stayed during the world cup

first experience at a hostel and what a great way to start. the Staff was very helpful. they gave me a tour and showed me how the whole system works. the front desk people, Philip, Carlos, Jefferson and (forgot one more, sorry!) were all very helpful with directions, how to get to specific locations via the safest way to travel for tourists while using public transportation saving money. Very clean. Cameras everywhere in the public area. All the people that stayed there also very welcoming.

• 24th Jun 2014