Samba Green Hostel Reviews

Rua Alvaro Ramos, 394, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Quirky rooms and really helpful staff, but fairly quiet when we stayed midweek

It´s a great place to stay in Rio. It´s very easy to meet new people there and to experience the culture of the city. Carlos can give great tips about were to spend the day and were to eat. Caipirinha night just makes the stay there even better.

Carlos and the other staff members are very helpful and knowledgeable about Rio. Samba green is in Botofogo which is an excellent area of Rio to stay in.

• 31st Mar 2015

Clean, but basic.

Great hostel, good location, walk to copacabana or the metro to get everywhere. Nice neighbourhood with supermarkets, bars nearby. Also felt really safe walking at night in this area. Staff at the hostel are really friendly and can help you with all questions. Definately come again if I visit Rio in the future.

This hostel is all about the owner Carlos, lovely guy, very passionate and helpful about all things Rio. Made our stay much better. Other staff not so great though and hostel is a bit old looking and could do with some paint and some new bedsheets.

Samba Green is the perfect hostel if you are looking to get the full Rio de Janerio experience. The staff were all extremely nice, helpful and knowledgable, especially the owner Carlos. He is always more than willing to spend time talking about local events, restaurants and sights to see. He is truly exceptional at what he does! Botafogo is a great, safe local neighbourhood to stay in... plus it is only a 15 minute walk to Sugar loaf or Copacabana beach. I will definitely stay here again!

• 20th Mar 2015

Maia and Carlos were very helpful! As a solo female traveler, I felt very taken care of during my stay.

Located at Botafogo at a nice street, we love the hostel and the staff, they help us with a lot of thinks. They are really friendly and you fell like stay in your own home. The subway are fell blocks close, and you can take a lot of bus at RioSul mall, a shopping, who stay at the end of the street.

Great location, decent rooms. Staff ok but a little boring and disorganized. I got quoted different prices when I wanted to stay an extra day. They don't really show you around either but they can hook you up with things to do- but so can any hostel really.

The hostel was excellent! Carlos is such a great guy! He is always in a great mood and always helps wth everything! Noting is ever a problem. I stayed for over a month and I'll be back! The hostel is great, clean, safe and close to everything. I'm very happy with my time spent in Rio! Thank you very much! Your hostel gets a 10/10 from us! :)

• 9th Mar 2015

Very well located. 15 minutes walking to important sightseeing spots. Very helpful staff and facilities around. Nice breakfast. It was my first time in Rio, but if I come back, Samba Green will be where I stay.

Really nice hostel, staff is extremely friendly and helpful - thanks again to Carlos and his team! Big lockers, comfy beds and lots of ventilators in the room. Good location with easy access to all of Rios Highlights!

The toilet are really bad. It's super hot inside the habitations. The crew is nice. Far from everywhere

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Israel

-10 to 15 mins walk to metro, 5-10min walk to shopping mall which has a big bus stop - staffs are nice and helpful - not much around the area

The staff are so nice and friendly and approachable. Good vibes in the hostel and always something to do, they had computers too which was handy. Great place to stay!!!

- Clean Hostel - Good Location - VERY helpful staff. Jeff, Carlos, and Mayara were exceptionally helpful. Thank you so much for making our stay as pleasant as possible. We could even make use of the facilities after we checked out. The owner (Carlos), really wants you to feel at home. The only downside is that our room did not have air-conditioning, and us Dutch people cannot get used to the tropic temperatures of summer Brazil. A great hostel! Highly recommended!

• 16th Feb 2015

Stayed during carnival time. Few minutes walk to the metro, standard breakfast, super friendly and helpful staff. Great vibe and constant fans in the room which helped! Impressed by showers too. On a nice residential street, safe and secure.

Great location , great atmosphere , but above all great staff , Carlos and all the others staff members are so happy, helpful and fun. They all speak perfect English, Spanish, Portuguese and will go above the call of duty to help you with any activity you want to do whilst in Rio from site seeing to partying .

Nicest hostel everrrrr! Carlos is amazing, will do anything for you and the staff are really helpful. Breakfast is amazing (they make you cake!). They also took us out on pub crawls and street carnivals so you felt looked after. Free Caipirinhas in Thursdays are great! Rooms and toilets etc are perfect too

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels