Samba Green Hostel Reviews

Rua Alvaro Ramos, 394, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel was nice, and the staff were very helpful and friendly people. A good choice if you want to socialize and party. 10-15 min walk to the metro, but there are buses leaving close by that can take you to Copacabana etc. Good facilities and clean.

A very friendly and quieter hostel located in the residential neighborhood of Botafogo. It's about a 25 minute walk to Copacabana beach or Sugar Loaf! Plenty of restaurants and a grocery store nearby. The wifi was pretty spotty and refused to work when it rained. Showers were a little weak and dirty as well. The friendly staff made up for these minor setbacks though! I would definitely come back here :)

Great, friendly staff that were super helpful by helping me manage with the airport and airlines in recovering my lost bags in record time! The atmosphere of the hostel is also great - I wish I had more time and was there under less stressful circumstances, it would have been wonderful!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Quirky rooms and really helpful staff, but fairly quiet when we stayed midweek

This.place.ROCKS! Good location, clean, great atmosphere and AMAZING staff! Carlos is THE person to know when staying in Rio! Throw away your lonely planet guide and listen to the man!

It´s a great place to stay in Rio. It´s very easy to meet new people there and to experience the culture of the city. Carlos can give great tips about were to spend the day and were to eat. Caipirinha night just makes the stay there even better.

Carlos and the other staff members are very helpful and knowledgeable about Rio. Samba green is in Botofogo which is an excellent area of Rio to stay in.

• 31st Mar 2015

Clean, but basic.

Great hostel, good location, walk to copacabana or the metro to get everywhere. Nice neighbourhood with supermarkets, bars nearby. Also felt really safe walking at night in this area. Staff at the hostel are really friendly and can help you with all questions. Definately come again if I visit Rio in the future.

This hostel is all about the owner Carlos, lovely guy, very passionate and helpful about all things Rio. Made our stay much better. Other staff not so great though and hostel is a bit old looking and could do with some paint and some new bedsheets.

Samba Green is the perfect hostel if you are looking to get the full Rio de Janerio experience. The staff were all extremely nice, helpful and knowledgable, especially the owner Carlos. He is always more than willing to spend time talking about local events, restaurants and sights to see. He is truly exceptional at what he does! Botafogo is a great, safe local neighbourhood to stay in... plus it is only a 15 minute walk to Sugar loaf or Copacabana beach. I will definitely stay here again!

• 20th Mar 2015

Maia and Carlos were very helpful! As a solo female traveler, I felt very taken care of during my stay.

Located at Botafogo at a nice street, we love the hostel and the staff, they help us with a lot of thinks. They are really friendly and you fell like stay in your own home. The subway are fell blocks close, and you can take a lot of bus at RioSul mall, a shopping, who stay at the end of the street.

Great location, decent rooms. Staff ok but a little boring and disorganized. I got quoted different prices when I wanted to stay an extra day. They don't really show you around either but they can hook you up with things to do- but so can any hostel really.

The hostel was excellent! Carlos is such a great guy! He is always in a great mood and always helps wth everything! Noting is ever a problem. I stayed for over a month and I'll be back! The hostel is great, clean, safe and close to everything. I'm very happy with my time spent in Rio! Thank you very much! Your hostel gets a 10/10 from us! :)

• 9th Mar 2015

Very well located. 15 minutes walking to important sightseeing spots. Very helpful staff and facilities around. Nice breakfast. It was my first time in Rio, but if I come back, Samba Green will be where I stay.

Really nice hostel, staff is extremely friendly and helpful - thanks again to Carlos and his team! Big lockers, comfy beds and lots of ventilators in the room. Good location with easy access to all of Rios Highlights!

The toilet are really bad. It's super hot inside the habitations. The crew is nice. Far from everywhere

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Israel

-10 to 15 mins walk to metro, 5-10min walk to shopping mall which has a big bus stop - staffs are nice and helpful - not much around the area

The staff are so nice and friendly and approachable. Good vibes in the hostel and always something to do, they had computers too which was handy. Great place to stay!!!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels