Samba Green Hostel Reviews

Rua Alvaro Ramos, 394, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I want to mention specialty to the staff Anes and Fillip if i didn't get it wrong. They were both great staff friendly and helpful.

The most expensive hostel that I have paid and certainly the worst of my whole Worldcup trip in Brasil. The staff was too busy playing Candycrush, left people waiting at the front desk. He wasn't really friendly or helpful at all. Normally I wouldn't be complaining but considering the high price, the room was really small, the toilet are non functionning and dirty (broken doors, blocked toilet, no toilet paper), Poor breakfast. I was there during the weekend and the ambiance is plain dead.

Ageing building and worn fittings that need an upgrade or at least a fresh coat of paint. It waaa a busy time around the FIFA WC final so things may have been less tidy than usual.

The hostel price-gouged it's guests during the World Cup, but did not offer any additional services or amenities. I would not recommend staying at a hostel that treats it's guests like cash cows.

Best: staff! Really felt like they wanted to get to know you and have fun. Some were more knowledgeable than others, so you learned the rotations so you can avoid the not so helpful ones. The owner, Carlos, made appearances And did most tours in the afternoon. I never got a tour, they simply complained 6 am was to early And I needed to wait for check in. Worst: minimal breakfast that ALWAYS ran out. Cold showers or water pressure issues! Toilets were all shared unisex and always plugged! Wifi

I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 night stay at Samba Green. It had a very nice open air sort of atmosphere and its location to Copacabana and other Rio hotspots was ideal. The staff was extremely friendly and reliable. Overall a great stay.

• 30th Jun 2014

The beds were too noisy; I see many hostels which dont give water for free where is a basic stuff, no issue if they put a filter for the tap water.

• 28th Jun 2014