Samba Green Hostel Reviews

Rua Alvaro Ramos, 394, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Very good personnal always wanted to help.

• 11th Mar 2015

The hostel was excellent! Carlos is such a great guy! He is always in a great mood and always helps wth everything! Noting is ever a problem. I stayed for over a month and I'll be back! The hostel is great, clean, safe and close to everything. I'm very happy with my time spent in Rio! Thank you very much! Your hostel gets a 10/10 from us! :)

• 9th Mar 2015

El hotel está bien ubicado, la gente de la recepción siempre tiene buena onda y esta predispuesta a ayudarte con las indicaciones. El desayuno es rico, la cocina está equipada. Limpian los sectores comunes todos los días. Lo único malo es que tanto los baños como las duchas son mixtas. Algunas habitaciones tienen aire acondicionado pero las privadas no ( la pieza es húmeda y no corre aire, las sabanas eran pequeñas para la cama) y a veces falla internet.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Very well located. 15 minutes walking to important sightseeing spots. Very helpful staff and facilities around. Nice breakfast. It was my first time in Rio, but if I come back, Samba Green will be where I stay.

Ein schönes Hostel. Die Mitarbeiter waren sehr freundlich und wir würden jederzeit wieder in das Samba Green Hostel kommen.

Really nice hostel, staff is extremely friendly and helpful - thanks again to Carlos and his team! Big lockers, comfy beds and lots of ventilators in the room. Good location with easy access to all of Rios Highlights!

The toilet are really bad. It's super hot inside the habitations. The crew is nice. Far from everywhere

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Israel

Excellent!!!

• 21st Feb 2015

Bon hostel, grand, tranquille, avec clim dans les chambres. Botafogo est au centre de tous les principaux spots touristiques. Personnel sympa, surtout le propriétaire. Je recommande !

-10 to 15 mins walk to metro, 5-10min walk to shopping mall which has a big bus stop - staffs are nice and helpful - not much around the area

The staff are so nice and friendly and approachable. Good vibes in the hostel and always something to do, they had computers too which was handy. Great place to stay!!!

- Clean Hostel - Good Location - VERY helpful staff. Jeff, Carlos, and Mayara were exceptionally helpful. Thank you so much for making our stay as pleasant as possible. We could even make use of the facilities after we checked out. The owner (Carlos), really wants you to feel at home. The only downside is that our room did not have air-conditioning, and us Dutch people cannot get used to the tropic temperatures of summer Brazil. A great hostel! Highly recommended!

• 16th Feb 2015

Stayed during carnival time. Few minutes walk to the metro, standard breakfast, super friendly and helpful staff. Great vibe and constant fans in the room which helped! Impressed by showers too. On a nice residential street, safe and secure.

Great location , great atmosphere , but above all great staff , Carlos and all the others staff members are so happy, helpful and fun. They all speak perfect English, Spanish, Portuguese and will go above the call of duty to help you with any activity you want to do whilst in Rio from site seeing to partying .

Nicest hostel everrrrr! Carlos is amazing, will do anything for you and the staff are really helpful. Breakfast is amazing (they make you cake!). They also took us out on pub crawls and street carnivals so you felt looked after. Free Caipirinhas in Thursdays are great! Rooms and toilets etc are perfect too

En general el Hostel es bueno, bastante limpio y con eventos copados. Las habitaciones son bastante pequeñas, y la cocina no muy cómoda para cocinar. Recomendable solo para pasar la noche y disfrutar de los eventos nocturnos.

My second time here, spent 10 nights, could stay for a month. Breakfast great, beds great (considering 10-doorms and 40 degrees). If you're looking for a good way to explore Rio the people working here knows it all, if not they will find out! Amazing atmosphere, location and a staff I'm now proud to call my friends. Carlos, jeff, mae, raph, gui MASSIVE thank you for an unforgettable carneval! Me and my travelbuddy Robin could not recommend it more❤️ Love/ Moa

We had a great time! Brilliant at arranging activities for people staying in the hostel including bar crawls, caprinahs night and we went out together for carnival. Carlos and the team are so friendly and get involved. They also gave us great tips for restaurants. The place is sociable despite the common areas being quite small. Our double room was very hot at night with just a fan in the peak summer but some dorms have ac. Definitely would recommend staying here for a fun social Rio trip

We spent 4 nights in Samba green hostel and it was great ! The staff is really nice and always ready to help, the hostel was clean and safe, and there Were some activities offered. I totally recommand this place !

This hostel is such a gem! Botafogo is a great area to stay in while in Rio, and Samba Green has the perfect location within it. It is close to the metro, bars, and the beach. But it's the staff that is beyond belief. They are so friendly and helpful; they were all angels when I got really sick and went above and beyond to help me. Stay at SambaGreen!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels