Samba Green Hostel Reviews

Rua Alvaro Ramos, 394, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We had an amazong stay at the hostel. The staff knows nearly everything about Rio and can give you the directions to the places ypu want to see. Close to the hostel is a nice beach and it is not far away from a Metro and a bus station. the kitchen is small, but very useful!

• 31st Jan 2015

Great cheap hostel, bus/walk to beaches, shops and sugarloaf mountain.

• 20th Jan 2015

Such friendly people! Gui, Felipe, Carlos and all the rest are great and make you feel relaxed and at home! Lovely relaxed and social atmosphere! Location is good, safe neighbourhood, close to metro and Copacabana! We'll be back soon!!!

I think my expectations were high considering all the great feedback. Carlos seemed like a lovely guy and I think the people who had such great experiences probably stayed at weekends and went out with Carlos. I stayed mid week. I was in a non air conditioned room (I didnt realise some have air con). The room was quite dark, cramped, messy and hot. We did have fans going though and the mattress was comfy. It would be better if wifi was left on at night and maybe maps showing imediate vaccinity.

Hi GinsYates, I try to help everyone asking if you are sleeping well, if you are happy. It's hard to find out what you are thinking. I try to integrate all of you for partying every day.You should be more easygoing for meeting friends in a hostel and go out more often.The maps should be arriving soon and we have extra fans.The only room with aircon is the MIX 6 as you can see on HW. We have the best wifi in Rio, doesn´t mean that is as good as you home country.

The location was amazing, close to the Sugar Mountain, the beach and all the right places. Although I met some pretty awesome people. the lack of a common room or perhaps a proper bar (the bar was in reception), it was hard to have an area to meet everyone, that I think would be the only downfall. I do have to say the reception staff were amazing, very helpful and very welcoming.

Carlos and his team were superb. Located in a great and safe area of Botafogo with easy access to everything. The guys at the hostel will look after all your needs and queries. Highly recommend.

1 2 3 Next » last »