Samba Green Hostel Reviews

Rua Alvaro Ramos, 394, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

My second time here, spent 10 nights, could stay for a month. Breakfast great, beds great (considering 10-doorms and 40 degrees). If you're looking for a good way to explore Rio the people working here knows it all, if not they will find out! Amazing atmosphere, location and a staff I'm now proud to call my friends. Carlos, jeff, mae, raph, gui MASSIVE thank you for an unforgettable carneval! Me and my travelbuddy Robin could not recommend it more❤️ Love/ Moa

We had a great time! Brilliant at arranging activities for people staying in the hostel including bar crawls, caprinahs night and we went out together for carnival. Carlos and the team are so friendly and get involved. They also gave us great tips for restaurants. The place is sociable despite the common areas being quite small. Our double room was very hot at night with just a fan in the peak summer but some dorms have ac. Definitely would recommend staying here for a fun social Rio trip

We spent 4 nights in Samba green hostel and it was great ! The staff is really nice and always ready to help, the hostel was clean and safe, and there Were some activities offered. I totally recommand this place !

We thought this hostel was great. First time in brasil

Third time at samba green hostel and just like always, i had an amazing time! Carlos and his staff are ready to do anything possible for you to feel welcome and have a pleasant stay! will be definitely keep coming back!

We had an amazong stay at the hostel. The staff knows nearly everything about Rio and can give you the directions to the places ypu want to see. Close to the hostel is a nice beach and it is not far away from a Metro and a bus station. the kitchen is small, but very useful!

• 31st Jan 2015

Great cheap hostel, bus/walk to beaches, shops and sugarloaf mountain.

• 20th Jan 2015

Such friendly people! Gui, Felipe, Carlos and all the rest are great and make you feel relaxed and at home! Lovely relaxed and social atmosphere! Location is good, safe neighbourhood, close to metro and Copacabana! We'll be back soon!!!

I think my expectations were high considering all the great feedback. Carlos seemed like a lovely guy and I think the people who had such great experiences probably stayed at weekends and went out with Carlos. I stayed mid week. I was in a non air conditioned room (I didnt realise some have air con). The room was quite dark, cramped, messy and hot. We did have fans going though and the mattress was comfy. It would be better if wifi was left on at night and maybe maps showing imediate vaccinity.

Hi GinsYates, I try to help everyone asking if you are sleeping well, if you are happy. It's hard to find out what you are thinking. I try to integrate all of you for partying every day.You should be more easygoing for meeting friends in a hostel and go out more often.The maps should be arriving soon and we have extra fans.The only room with aircon is the MIX 6 as you can see on HW. We have the best wifi in Rio, doesn´t mean that is as good as you home country.

The location was amazing, close to the Sugar Mountain, the beach and all the right places. Although I met some pretty awesome people. the lack of a common room or perhaps a proper bar (the bar was in reception), it was hard to have an area to meet everyone, that I think would be the only downfall. I do have to say the reception staff were amazing, very helpful and very welcoming.

Carlos and his team were superb. Located in a great and safe area of Botafogo with easy access to everything. The guys at the hostel will look after all your needs and queries. Highly recommend.

Probably the friendliest hostel I have ever stayed in! Carlos and his Team (Filipe, Jeff, ...) are the kindest of their kind and very helpful with everything you need. The location is in a quiet and safe area of botafogo. 10 mins walking to the metro, 5 to the busstations and 15 to copacabana beach.

Samba Green is the best hostel i ever been to! People from the stuff are great! Big regards to Felipe, Jeff, Guillherme e Carlos! they made our stay there something special! words are not enough to express how much gratitude I feel. All the best to Samba Green! Saludos desde Argentina!

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Top staff. Top people. Great atmosphere and good party. Would recommend!

The hostel's in a great location and Carlos and the guys there have created a really nice atmosphere so highly recommend it

• 5th Dec 2014

I couldn't be more satisfied. The hostel is quite well located on a calm street but you can definitly find a lot of fun around. The room was quite clean with AC and a confortable bed. Bathroom was super clean. The staff was actually the high point. They are super friendly and will always help you with some tips of where to go wether you are in to music, clubs, bars, restaurants etc. Thanks a lot for everything Samba Green Hostel !

• 3rd Dec 2014

Oh sweet caipirinha. Nectar for the tongue, ambrosia for the soul. The most heavenly of drinks needs a equally good atmosphere to reach its divine potential and that you will at Samba green hostel. Its not a luxurious palace with golden faucets and persian rugs but who needs that when your mission is to experience the great city of Rio. If you walk through the humble and squeaking gate you will be met with some of the friendliest people you could ever hope to meet Do it! you wont regret it

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

The staff are brilliant - It was my first time in Rio so I really appreciated them being so welcoming and helpful! There's a really relaxed atmosphere about the place, and Carlos and all the guys went out of their way to make my stay as great as possible! The rooms are clean and all the facilities are good. And the caipirinhas are amazing!

I have had some really bad hostel experiences but this stay was one of the best and these guys were awesome! Extremely helpful and created a very laid back environment in the hostel. I was recommended to stay here by a friend, and will definitely be passing Samba Green off to others!

• 10th Oct 2014

Very satisfied with my stay at Samba Green. Atmosphere, Staff and facilities are great. I'm brazilian and I can say that they know how to make a caipirinha! Tks Guilherme and all staff.

• 28th Aug 2014