Samba Green Hostel Reviews

Rua Alvaro Ramos, 394, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It was my first experience in a hostel and I really liked! Carlos and the guys (Solano, Yuri y Gabriel) make you feel safe and at home. The baths are clean, the breakfast is good, and you always find something to do. Is really close to the beach, you can even get there walking,. Totally recommend this place! Cheers, Jorge (Colombia).

• 23rd Sep 2013
  • Colombia

Me and two friends stayed at Samba Green during the 2013 Rock in Rio. It was only for two nights, but it was totally worth it. The staff is very welcoming and helpfull. The hostel is great. We were surprised when we noticed that the bathroom was shared by both men and women, but it was ok. It was a very nice and fun stay, and we can't wait to go back.

• 20th Sep 2013

The Hostel was the best Hostel I've ever been! Thank you to one of the owners ( Carlo). He drove us with his private car to the party and he cared for us like a uncle haha :D So nice :) See you guys again that's for sure!

Great hostel, clean, really nice atmosphere... it's not so close to the beach, but the location it's good. Rooms are spacious. Bathrooms super clean and the shower was one of the best I ever saw in hostels. Great place!

The owners Carlos and Desio were great and always interacted with their guests and were very helpful. They were also very generous with their time by offering free night tours and visits to neighborhoods outside Rio where there were events. They seem like they truly enjoy their business and entertaining guests.

Had a GREAT stay at Samba Green Hostel. I've been traveling to Brasil for the last 10 years and have always stayed with friends, so this was my first time at a Hostel there. I could not have been more pleased. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the location was great, and the vibe of the place was very fun and positive. I especially enjoyed meeting so many different and interesting people, and Carlos and the rest of the staff made me feel incredibly welcome. Highly recommended!

• 16th Aug 2013

Very clean for such a big hostel. Owners and staff are very helpful and run various events and trips around Rio. The free caipirinha on Thursday night is ace! Would stay here again if I return to Rio.

No complaints. Just the comum kitchen was too small.

• 10th Aug 2013
  • Angola

We really enjoyed our time in Samba Green. We were met by Carlos, the owner, as we checked in and he was so friendly and helpful. The hostel is small, as are the rooms, but you don't tend to notice that so much.They are spottlessy clean. The showers are hot and powerful. Tours/night's out are all on the board in reception and there is plenty to chose from. The hostel is not far from Copacabana, sugar loaf, metro, shopping mall (10/15 minute walk). A great hostel to see Rio from.

Awesome hostel in Botafogo with really nice staff, good breakfast, comfy beds. Would definetely stay there again :)

Very good hostel:) I'm happy that beaches were so close, it you love to walk, I highly recommend it. They are also located 20 min walk from Sugarloaf, and meeting new people in the hostel is very easy. Although common area (the reception desk) is very small, it's managable and I guess forces you to communicate with one another. The facilities were clean as they could be, 6 toilets (three for guys, three for girls), and three showers per gender. It was really big and I felt safe.

• 31st Jul 2013
  • Philippines

It was a really nice stay, the hostel is situated on a nice street and there is a catholic church in front of it. On the street there is also a famous club (in one of the houses). If you wanna explore more Botafogo and Flamengo (I really recommend), stay in a colorful or meet a lot of young travellers this place is for you. And they have hot showers there. Good price and safe place. And the owner, whom I personally met, is great and interesting person! I really like it there.

Bad ass hostel with bad ass people! Welcoming and friendly, always willing to help you and party along your side if you are interested in doing that. Keep it up guys!

Great people, great house, great quiet location in botafogo, and the best showers in brazil!

• 29th Jul 2013
  • Belgium

Great hostel, great atmosphere. Could use better common spaces, a place that invites to hang out besides the reception.

Really charming hostel. First day we had a free barbecue, next day free caipi night. Each day they offer a different activity. Great atmosphere. Carlos is an amazing person and gives the best recommendations!! Would definitely stay there again!!

Best hot showers Ive had in South America to date! Otherwise the hostel is not bad, there isnt really much of a communal area where you can hang out and meet other people though, and it feels a bit cramped. The only thing to note is that its further from the metro station than they say!

Hostel with poor atmosphere, staff barely speaking english, they don't care too much about guests... One computer out of two didn't work and they didn't do anything about that. Veeery small rooms and kitchen almost without any equipment so it's hard to cook. When something was finished during breakfast they didn't add anything. Policy like first come first served. I didn't like

Located in a unique and less touristic area of Rio, Samba Green may seem a bit isolated, but in the same way it is right between all the hot spots. The surrounding area is much cheaper than you'll find down by Copa or Ipa. Lots of events to help guests get to know each other and to keep guests occupied. Breakfast is skimpy . Kitchen is very small.

The girls at reception were all very helpfull, a good breakfast, clean rooms, safe area, good location to stay for a few days, would defiantly go back

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels