Samba Green Hostel Reviews

Rua Alvaro Ramos, 394, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I love the location of Samba Green. Botafogo is an authentic neighborhood, but close to many tourist attractions. Carlos, the owner, is the friendliest person you will ever meet. He knows EVERYTHING about Rio, and takes his personal time to answer questions. If you want to explore Rio beyond Cristo and Sugarloaf, this is the place to stay. The rest of the staff was friendly and knowledgeable as well. The bed was comfortable, and the lockers looked new. Also had security cameras

• 23rd Aug 2015

The conditions in the hostel were worse than we had expected. Internet didn't work in our room, the kitchen was really dirty (we had to wash the dishes before eating, clean the table etc), the fridge was dirty and full of leftovers, people would smoke inside and we saw so many people at the reception desk that we're still not sure who works there and who is just a guest at the hostel. Our room was dirty and the bathroom awful. Breakfast consisted of old bread and ham and cheese.

Kelly, I am so surprised. I asked you a lot of times if you and your girlfriend were enjoying and you answered that everything was really well. Some brazilians book a hostel expecting a hotel service but they want to pay the hostel´s price. We noticed that you were different kind of guest, but "o my gosh" i did not expect that craziness. I am just trying to understand why guests from europe loves so much the service provided and you girls from Sao Paulo hated it so much.

A nice hostel with very helpful stuff. They spent lots of time explaining me how get round the city, what to and how. It was cool since Rio its a big city with bunch of thing to do. I recommend for anyone who wants experience Rio as much as its possible in a short period.

Super hostel ! Carlos le gérant est super sympa et très "helpful " ! chambres clean, volontaires cool et quartier de Botafogo qui est un bon choix ! seul hic, le breakfast est pas folichon ! Go there !

• 14th Aug 2015

Carlos is a warm and friendly host. He understands Rio de Janeiro very well and will do his best within reason to respond to any problems that may arise. He also has many suggestions if you want something to do such as beaches, bars, or even economical tips. This hostel is located in a great, safe location. It’s a 5 minute walk to many bus stations that will take you from Christ, Lapa, natural parks, or Ipanama. taff members made great recommendations for touristy activities.

• 12th Aug 2015

Great place to stay. I would recommend to anyone looking for a nice place with a great location with amazing staff. The staff are super fun, give great recommendations and speak multiple languages making it easy to find tours, hidden gems, and enjoy the city to its fullest. The place is clean, and safe with a locked gate. Breakfast every morning on the patio is also a plus. Overall, great atmosphere, great people and great vibes.

This was of the finest hostel i ever been and this is why: the guys who work there only works for a part time job so for tje rest of the time they will go out with you. The atomsphere there is real cool abd chilled . Highly recommended

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Israel

I love this hostel! In a safe space And easy access to all that rio has to offer! Would definitely recommend to stay here and ask Carlos for his special Caparinhas!!!

• 4th Aug 2015

I had a great time at Samba Green, and ended up extending my stay. The location makes it easy to get to all the main things to do, and the staff are always happy to help with directions and recommending where to go. The owner, Carlos, is really friendly and always talking to guests, and he took us to local festivals and parties, so we got a really authentic experience of the city. I'll definitely come back to Samba Green next time I'm in Rio - thanks Carlos!

Wir buchten ein 9 Bettzimmer. Aber das Zimmer war für 9 Personen zu klein, sodass nur Platz für Gepäckstücke von 6 Personen war. Außerdem stand noch sehr viel Müll von den vorherigen Gästen herum, um den sich keiner mehr gekümmert hat.

The staff was amazing. Very helpful. They even seemed interested in interacting as normal people instead of paid employees. The location was great. Very close to pao do azucar, Copacabana beach and restaurants. Mutt only complaint was how crowded my room was. I got a 9 person dorm, so I don't expect space and privacy but the beds were stacked 3 high in a small room so the floor space was very congested. But I would definitely recommend it!

Nice staff, especially Carlos the owner is always up for giving good advices. Facilities are not the best with up to 5 levels of beds in one room or up to 3 levels in other rooms. Unfortunately, a common living room is missing. Therefore, people meet at the reception, which is the only place with a good internet signal.

Muito bom! Com um astral p cima!

• 24th Jul 2015

+Safe +Cool and very helpful employees (great help with potential travel destination) +nice and friendly owner -biggest downside: no real common room (no in-house activities for the guests, i.e. Pool, table football, table tennis) -no real bar (only a small fridge at the reception) -no clear schedule for events on the evening -the temperature of the shower isn't always working (only cold water or too hot) -many people in a small room

• 24th Jul 2015

Llegué esperando un lugar económico para pasar mis primeros 4 días en Río, lo que encontré fué un lugae increible lleno de familia y amigos, terminé quedándome 23 días del total de mi viaje en este gran lugar :) seguro regreso a Río a mi casa Samba Green, en mi barrio botafogo ;)

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Mexico
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Samba Green was a lovely place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. The staff were all very kind and helpful and the facilities were clean. The bedrooms were also nice, with comfortable beds. Carlos the owner was very helpful with giving information about local places and good places to go out at night time.

• 13th Jul 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location is good, close to a metro station and the neighbourhood is safe. I didn't mind to walk alone there in the evening. The atmosphere in the hostel is good, it's easy to meet people. Especially the owner of the hostel is great, he got a lot of recommendations about where to go in Rio and in the rest of Brasil.

I had a really nice stay here. The staff are incredibly nice and friendly. They were extremely welcoming and did everything they could to make my time in Rio as enjoyable as possible. Thanks a lot! On the downside, however, the room i stayed in was rather damp. also on many occasions the security gates were left open so you could have just walked in from the street if you had wanted,

Awesome hostel. Great vibe inside and the staff are really welcoming always inviting you along to do stuff. And sweet caiprinhas

• 28th Jun 2015

The hostel was awesome! From everything to everything! Hot water, good breakfast inculded, great wifi, good security! And an awesome location, with good partying through the hostel. And the owner Carlos really makes the whole experience. He is there everyday doing whatever he can to make you stay great. I lost my phone and he went out of his way to try and find it, luckily I had an extra but the screen was all cracked and broken, but he walked me about 25 minutes to a place to get get it fixed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3