Samba Green Hostel Reviews

Rua Alvaro Ramos, 394, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Muito bom! Com um astral p cima!

• 24th Jul 2015

+Safe +Cool and very helpful employees (great help with potential travel destination) +nice and friendly owner -biggest downside: no real common room (no in-house activities for the guests, i.e. Pool, table football, table tennis) -no real bar (only a small fridge at the reception) -no clear schedule for events on the evening -the temperature of the shower isn't always working (only cold water or too hot) -many people in a small room

• 24th Jul 2015

I had a really nice stay here. The staff are incredibly nice and friendly. They were extremely welcoming and did everything they could to make my time in Rio as enjoyable as possible. Thanks a lot! On the downside, however, the room i stayed in was rather damp. also on many occasions the security gates were left open so you could have just walked in from the street if you had wanted,

Awesome hostel. Great vibe inside and the staff are really welcoming always inviting you along to do stuff. And sweet caiprinhas

• 28th Jun 2015

The hostel was awesome! From everything to everything! Hot water, good breakfast inculded, great wifi, good security! And an awesome location, with good partying through the hostel. And the owner Carlos really makes the whole experience. He is there everyday doing whatever he can to make you stay great. I lost my phone and he went out of his way to try and find it, luckily I had an extra but the screen was all cracked and broken, but he walked me about 25 minutes to a place to get get it fixed.

The overall value of the hostel is great! The staff is really really nice. If you have a question, they will try to help you.

I am always excited to visit Rio because I stay at Samba Green when I do. Never a dull moment and it's located in the heart of Botafogo! Convenient to everything. The hostel is affordable, clean, and I always recommend to friend s traveling to Brazil.

The staff was extremely accommodating and very helpful. The only drawback to the hostel was that its kitchen was not clean, making the free breakfast a bit less appealing. Considering the price, I was pleased with my stay overall.

• 17th Jun 2015

Many thanks especially to Carlos. He provides helpful tips in going around and how to enjoy Rio. He also made sure that i will be able to do hang gliding,which i did on my last day. The location,for me is perfect as it's residential, & walking distance to copacobana and nearby beaches. Is it a perfect hostel?no, but it is relatively a baby, and i am sure it will get there. Special mention to the lady receptionist (i wasn't able to ask her name) - she's extremely helpful as well. Muito obrigad

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Very nice atmosphere, staff were helpful. It is a little walk to get to the metro

Tremendo Hostel. Súper bien ubicado en un lugar estratégico muy cerca de Todo. Excelente el staff de Hostel y Carlitos el dueño un fenómeno. Es unos días conocí gente increíble en el Hostel. Recomendable 100%

The best hostel in Rio for me. it felt like a home the entire time I stayed. Carlos and the team are amazing, I would stay forever if I could.

• 4th Jun 2015

Great place to stay thanks to Carlos, Vicente, Mayara, Alemao and the hosts I was lucky to meet, Leonardo, Leo, Hannah, Michelle, Vessel, Sélin, Allack.

By far the funnest hostel I've had the pleasure of staying in. Carlos creates a warm atmosphere and treats everyone like family. Clean bathrooms, great location, and helpful staff.

me encanto el hostel el staff es terrible buena onda y esta muy bien ubicadooo que buen barrio botafogooo ademas dan caipirinhas gratissss

• 27th May 2015
  • Uruguay

amazing hostel staff are really cool as is the owner Carlos, only shame is that some of the equipment (pots and pans etc) are a bit old and it would be nice to have these upgraded.

It's location in Botafogo isn't too bad, a bit quieter and close enough to the subway. During the low season it was very quiet here. Which was fine, although it would be been nice to socialize a bit more. Plenty of large lockers inside and oustide the rooms. Facilities were basic but sufficient. Carlos (owner) was great. He gave a lot of really useful advice and I followed his recommendations with great success several times.

I'm from Rio so I know many places in there to stay and neighbourghoods and Samba Green has a great service for the money in a nice location in Rio. The beds were good (spacious and comfy), there were a good fan, decent breakfast (prepare fresh till a good time) and a atmosphere amazing for backpackers. I visited there with a friend, but I would feel easily blended in if I were by myself. Carlos is an amazing manager! He and his team provide all the help we needed. Totally recommend!

The hostel was nice, and the staff were very helpful and friendly people. A good choice if you want to socialize and party. 10-15 min walk to the metro, but there are buses leaving close by that can take you to Copacabana etc. Good facilities and clean.

Personnel didisponible. Cadre sympa et reposant.

• 1st May 2015