Samba Palace Reviews

Rua Alice 97, Laranjeiras, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This was my first hostel I've ever stayed in so I was initially skeptical of how friendly the staff was going to be, the cleanliness of the facilities, and the security of the place. The staff was so friendly and reliable. Max the bartender made killer caipirinhas! It was so fun to talk to the best bartender in the world! If I needed tips or traveling advices, the staff went the extra mile to help you make the most out of traveling around Rio.

We spent two weeks here over Carnival (a tough period for hostels as we´ve found), and overall loved it. Staff were amazing, very helpful, and spoke English; free breakfast pretty good; food and drinks could be bought at the hostel for good prices (better than street prices, generally); cleanliness overall was good although the bathrooms could have done with a better scrub; strong wifi in common areas; good atmosphere; comfortable dorm beds; good sized lockers. Would recommend, and will return!

Good hostel, with excellent staff. They provided us not only maps of the city, but also lots of tips of what was going on during those days. The neighborhood, although, didn't seem very well located to me. It's nice and beautiful, but was not that easy to take buses to everywhere. The hostel has a good common area and kitchen, but the private room I stayed was too small, although it has an air conditioned, wich was excellent, because the window was in front of the hallway and couldn't stay open.

This hostel is good if you have a car and are with a group of people. It's clean, the showers are good (sometimes they dont get the water hot but usually they do, also they are really strong) and the beds are great for a hostel. But its really far from the metro and of the main atractions so you need to take the bus (that is not reliable). Also the people usually don't go to the bar. I had a problem with the reservation. They charged me more than they should and i didnt notice until I got home.

I am mixed about this hostel, it has great facilities and fantastic beds and pillows. The showers are sometimes cold and if there is hot water it jumps between scalding hot and freezing cold repeatedly. The staff are helpful but I am not sure why there is a lack of social atmosphere. I recommend the day tour it was very good value. Apart from being close to Christ the Redeemer the location isnt that great.

This is a really nice hostel with great staff, great facilities and very good rooms. It´s in a relatively quiet area of Rio, but the area is a lot safer than other areas such as Lapa, so it depends what you prefer. The only bad thing about this place is that the bar is very expensive, so nobody is drinking there which makes it more difficult for socialising! Really smart and modern hostel though and the staff are really helpful and kind.

unlink indicated online, check-in is NOT all day but only after 2 pm, which was pretty annoying since I had booked the hostel exactly for that reasond; also my room was really noisy and it was hard to sleep

• 4th Oct 2013

Excellent staff, if anything else wasn't good ( which is), only the staff would make the stay!!!!

I had a great time in the Samba with awesome place, awesome staff. It was one of the best moment in my whole life.

• 20th Sep 2013

Very good place, strategically located near the Chryst, but you can easily access any place intown from there using public transportation. People are very nice and helpful and the place is very clean and safe. We just loved it

Very friendly staff, good location (walkable distance from the train of the Christ The Redeemer) and good price. I wish I have stayed longer than 2 nights there. :)

Great staff, really good location for Christ the Redeemer, decent breakfast and loads of tours etc. Supermarkets close as well. Really nice neighbourhood.

I really liked this hostel. It is well located, easy to catch buses, there are good places to eat and drink nearby. The staff are very attentive, the girls on reception are one loves and staff working in cleaning and kitchen are prestatios and friendly. I recommend whenever I can I'll be there.

I had the most fantastic stay at Samba palace and will definitely be returning if i ever come back to Rio. Fantastic atmosphere, staff are so willing to help with everything and anything and the owner is a very lovely, hands on man I recommend Samba Palace without a doubt.

it will be gd if there's socket for each bed. there's no wifi in the room. the direction or the bus no. given is not exactly correct. have to recheck on the road.

I have stayed in 2 hostels in Rio and this is not only by far the best out of the 2 but also one of the best hostels I have stayed in. The staff are extremely friendly/helpful and have good knowledge of the city. The rooms are clean and bed was comfortable with memory foam pillow for extra comfort. Although simple, breakfast is included for free (whereas at other places it is not even available) There are daily activities happening which helps you to meet other people. I would stay again!

• 18th Aug 2013

Very good hostel, friendly atmosphere and great staff (speaking english)!!! made my stay in Rio very comfortable! would definetaly recommend it!!!

Very friendly staff and close to buses to take you to beaches, nightlife and restaurants. Minutes walk to christ the redeemer. Would defiantly stay here again

• 2nd Jul 2013

As well as being close to everything, has an excellent staff, the rooms are comfortable and clean, is a good place to rest and have fun with friends, have thematic parties and there is always a choice of what to do.

• 21st Jun 2013
  • Colombia

atmosfir no es bueno. son muy serio no me gustaba el hoste. sin esto muy bien como desayuno, limpio, costo. la gente muy importante para descansar. por eso a mi mas o menos

« first « Prev 1 2 3