Samba Rooms Hostel Reviews

Av Bias Fortes, 368, Lourdes, Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Me and my girlfriend went to Belo Horizonte to meet friends we met in Rio. Lovely hostel, very clean and good facilities. But it is quiet, and we I don't think we spoke to anyone the hole time we were there. Being a couple people don't tend to approach us the same as single travellers. Even so, not a great place to meet people. But a clean safe place to stay close to the Savassi.

Awesome Hostel, one of the very best in the country.

Samba Rooms is a really well designed hostel with a big lounge,kitchen and dining room and big dorms. The decor is modern and cool and it has a nice feel. The bathrooms are new looking with hot showers :-) the beds could do with looking neater when you arrive- in our room blankets and pillows were all over the place so it didn't look as though it was clean from previous guests. The buzzer system on entry and exit could be better (maybe a camera needed? Or get to know guests' names for identity?)

Amazing location, amazing facilities, great staff!

The night I stayed at Samba rooms hostel Brasil was playing Cameroon. They had a cookout, drinks, and live music going on before, at halftime, and after the game. I met some wonderful people during my stay as well who I plan on keeping in touch with for the rest of my life. The people who worked at the hostel were all friendly and had great suggestions on where to go after the game. The room we stayed in was perfect. Enough space for 2 people and a private bathroom.

• 23rd Jun 2014

The staff was extremely helpful. When we arrived, they immediately assisted us with checking in and showing us our room. There was a BBQ going on in the back for the Brazil vs. Cameroon game and they helped show us around, meet some people and get us settled in with food and beverages.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Good atmosphere, good people, one very helpful employee. Also one unintelligent one.

Good hostel. Clean and friendly and new facilities. Good beds and shower.

Very kind staff, great location and nice atmosphere. The bathrooms are pretty good.

The place is right on a major street and is walking distance to a lot of tourist locations and nearby Savassi Square. The place is cool, but reminded me of a hippie old frat house and things are somewhat messy but they have lockers and good bathroom facilities and living room area. Was there for only one night, but met some great people through there and wouldn't mind going back and staying longer. Price was a bit steep but I believe that was mainly due to the World Cup.

It was really expensive because it was a couple of days before the first game of Colombia in the World Cup. Because of this, its "Value for money" wasn't great. However, I found great atmosphere.

Thanks Daniel for being so helpful. You deserve a medal!

I was treated like 1 more of the gang. Leo is very concerned with customers satisfaction. I strongly recommend Samba.

Best hostel Ive ever stayed at. Clean, friendly, hot showers. Plus you're really immersed in the local culture. The hostel paired with a local artist whos work is displayed. The owner is a manager for a samba band and invites the guest to local samba parties. That being said, the hostel itself was a calm, relaxing place to call home for the duration of my stay.

Outstanding in every way. The best hostel I have ever stayed at!! Big thanks to the staff for making my stay in Belo Horizonte absolutely wonderful!!

• 7th May 2014
  • Denmark

Good value for money hostel: it is new, everything works well and it is easy to reach the main attractions of the city from there. The staff is friendly and helpful, the breakfast is nice. There is only one thing that I think that will make it even better: a microwave oven in the kitchen ;)

Fantastic hostel! I would recommend it to anybody who's going to BH and want to have a great time.

Léo is the man, he helped me a lot during my stay there.

One of the best hostels i've stayed in in all of South America. Hostel had only been open a few months, the facilities and location were excellent and the staff were fantastically helpful and friendly. On the day of my departure I didn't leave until 11pm, so I spent a lot of the day just relaxing in the hostel

View all Belo Horizonte Hostels