Samba Rooms Hostel Reviews

Av Bias Fortes, 368, Lourdes, Belo Horizonte, Brazil

We didn't stay for very long as we arrived late and left next day, but the staff was very grumpy and didn't know about anything to do in the city, which is something expected from hostel staff absolutely anywhere.

great hostel, excellent central location, staff could have been more friendly

Me and my girlfriend went to Belo Horizonte to meet friends we met in Rio. Lovely hostel, very clean and good facilities. But it is quiet, and we I don't think we spoke to anyone the hole time we were there. Being a couple people don't tend to approach us the same as single travellers. Even so, not a great place to meet people. But a clean safe place to stay close to the Savassi.

Awesome Hostel, one of the very best in the country.

Samba Rooms is a really well designed hostel with a big lounge,kitchen and dining room and big dorms. The decor is modern and cool and it has a nice feel. The bathrooms are new looking with hot showers :-) the beds could do with looking neater when you arrive- in our room blankets and pillows were all over the place so it didn't look as though it was clean from previous guests. The buzzer system on entry and exit could be better (maybe a camera needed? Or get to know guests' names for identity?)

Amazing location, amazing facilities, great staff!

The night I stayed at Samba rooms hostel Brasil was playing Cameroon. They had a cookout, drinks, and live music going on before, at halftime, and after the game. I met some wonderful people during my stay as well who I plan on keeping in touch with for the rest of my life. The people who worked at the hostel were all friendly and had great suggestions on where to go after the game. The room we stayed in was perfect. Enough space for 2 people and a private bathroom.

• 23rd Jun 2014

The staff was extremely helpful. When we arrived, they immediately assisted us with checking in and showing us our room. There was a BBQ going on in the back for the Brazil vs. Cameroon game and they helped show us around, meet some people and get us settled in with food and beverages.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Good atmosphere, good people, one very helpful employee. Also one unintelligent one.

Good hostel. Clean and friendly and new facilities. Good beds and shower.

View all Belo Horizonte Hostels