Samba Rooms Hostel Reviews

Av Bias Fortes, 368, Lourdes, Belo Horizonte, Brazil

It was really expensive because it was a couple of days before the first game of Colombia in the World Cup. Because of this, its "Value for money" wasn't great. However, I found great atmosphere.

Thanks Daniel for being so helpful. You deserve a medal!

I was treated like 1 more of the gang. Leo is very concerned with customers satisfaction. I strongly recommend Samba.

Best hostel Ive ever stayed at. Clean, friendly, hot showers. Plus you're really immersed in the local culture. The hostel paired with a local artist whos work is displayed. The owner is a manager for a samba band and invites the guest to local samba parties. That being said, the hostel itself was a calm, relaxing place to call home for the duration of my stay.

Outstanding in every way. The best hostel I have ever stayed at!! Big thanks to the staff for making my stay in Belo Horizonte absolutely wonderful!!

• 7th May 2014
  • Denmark

Good value for money hostel: it is new, everything works well and it is easy to reach the main attractions of the city from there. The staff is friendly and helpful, the breakfast is nice. There is only one thing that I think that will make it even better: a microwave oven in the kitchen ;)

Fantastic hostel! I would recommend it to anybody who's going to BH and want to have a great time.

Léo is the man, he helped me a lot during my stay there.

One of the best hostels i've stayed in in all of South America. Hostel had only been open a few months, the facilities and location were excellent and the staff were fantastically helpful and friendly. On the day of my departure I didn't leave until 11pm, so I spent a lot of the day just relaxing in the hostel

The hostel is beautiful. Everything clean and comfortable, nice vibes, and the owners are really cool.

Really clean hostel. Flexible when it comes to breakfast, doesn´t matter if you are going on a day trip early or like my check-in day, I checked in late morning and was offered breakfast on arrival. Location is not perfect for anything but ok for everything, walking distance both to city center and Savassi. The owner thought about a lot of small details, but when all details works it´s really convenient. Wifi works really good, always, not common in hostels in Brazil.

Man, it is such a great brandnew hostel with some nice surprises. Felt like home every day there... A kind of sustainable hostel & atelier too with lots of lovely guys and local food. Leo and Dani are just amazing, want to help everytime they have a chance, worried about comfort, bed and towels, very kind and local accents. Even a barbecue party happened during Carnival when I was there! Also loved those paintings and colorful walls, they do have the SAMBA itself. Gotta go back.

Brilliant hostel with superb facilities: Daniel and Leo have really made the effort to ensure guests are equipped with a great shower, comfy bed and varied breakfast. Another highlight is the building which is absolutely gorgeous and has been renovated with care and attention to detail - the hostel was unfinished when we stayed and was already incredible so anyone who stays after completion is in for a treat!! When we return to Belo Horizonte in a few years we will definitely stay at Samba Rooms

• 22nd Feb 2014