Samblumba Hostel Trindade Reviews

Rua das Flores, s/n, Trindade, Brazil

I stayed here for 3 days and it definitely adds a BIG plus to the cozy town of Trindade, specially since I had a lot of work to do and didn't get to explore many of the awesome hikes and beaches it has to offer. Matias and Juan are the best hosts you can expect, and became good friends right away, they're always attentive and super helpful when it comes to knowledge of the region and power-shortage improvisation, hahah. The hostel had everything I needed and I super recommend it.

Thanks Rodrigo!!! You are an amazing guest as well!!! Big Hug!

Fantastic hostel which feels like a home. Thank you to Matis and Juan who own and run the fun, relaxed hostel and made me feel so welcome with a traditional Brazilian home cooked dinner and movie night. It's the only place to stay if you want that authentic Trindade experience.

• 3rd Aug 2013

Thank you so much Claire!!!

Samblumba is definetely one of the coziest hostel I have ever stayed in. Matias and the staff were great and I felt like I was at a friend's house! Location is excellent - close to restaurants, bars and to main sights in Paraty area and yet it is very quiet if you want to take some time to relax. Very friendly, laid-back atmosphere - definetely recommend it!

Very cozy, feels like you are in your home. Staff very helpful and facilities ok.

The best atmosphere you can find! Staff very friendly and helpful in relation to which beaches to know and the paths to get there. Breakfast is awesome as well! Whole staff speak portuguese, spanish and english. Challenge the host guy Mathias on a table tennis match and don't get upset 'cause you're probably going to lose.

• 5th Jul 2013

jajajajajajja come on, you were really close to win Pedro!!! Big hug!! thankyou!!

great little place

• 3rd Jul 2013

This place really does feel like you are crashing at a friends for the weekend, and it's a nice change from the usual hostel vibe. The ping pong table is highly recommended, breakfast includes homemade cake and smoothies/juices which is an added bonus. 4 bed dorm was pretty small with 4 people in it,

• 1st Jul 2013

This is one of my favorite hostels I have ever stayed at!!! The owners of the hostel are unbelievable. Sorry for taking so long to write this review but they are amazing. The hostel is a smaller one (probably 20 people at most) but is amazing...The owners create a family sense that brings everyone together. The owners even took us on a boat trip with their family (because it was his bday). They are the most welcoming and fun owners I have ever stayed with. If you get the chance, try them out!!!

Thankyouuuuuuuuu!!!! you were amazing guests too!

If you want to feel like you're at your friend's house, that's the place you should stay! Matias and Joan, the owners, are so helpful! They do their best to make you feel comfortable, we even got pizza and bbq at night. The atmosphere is great and it's impossible to leave without some new friends. I would definitely go back!

• 31st May 2013

Highly recommended. You feel more at home rather than in the hostel. Friendly owners, willing to help and giving honest advice on the places to visit, the place is stylish and clean, not too big and very cozy. Great facilities (like home cinema). Thanks for all the hospitality! I will be back :)

Great Hostel! Feels like home... I would definetely go back there!

Great lil hostel, lovely brekkie and very nice staff...despite the bad weather we had a nice time chilling in this little hostel.

Samblumba Hostel is such a wonderful hostel!! Matias is one of the coolest guys you'll meet, who is really helpful and so friendly. We went hiking to Indian Rock, a hike only recommended with a guide and even made candied peanuts to munch on while watching a movie on the awesome projector he has set up (and has over 600 movies to choose from). The hostel definitely feels more like a home than a hostel, with everyone cooking and eating together.. Highly recommended, one of my favorites so far!

• 23rd Feb 2013

GREAT hostel, great vibe, great people. The owner, Matias, is awesome and really friendly and is always there to answer your questions. A lot of backpackers stay here and it was so great meeting other people from around the world. The hostel itself is beautiful and eclectic, and there's a lot of things to do on a rainy day (movies on a projector, ping pong, card games, etc...) I would definitely stay here again!

• 18th Feb 2013

I had a beautiful stay in Samblumba and it felt more like being at home than at a hostel...beautiful people who really like hosting you and help in everything and enjoy to share their time and space! Mathias is a great cook who loves to cook even for the hole hostel...one day he came back from catching mussels in the sea and made very nice food ...the other day he made the PERFECT pizza... I had a great time and so everyone else staying there!GO there!You will love it!!! Ilka 02/2013

• 17th Feb 2013

Thankyou Ilka!! you are a great guest too!!! Kisses!!!

I loved my stay at Samblumba! Although Trindade is only a small beach town I had to keep extending my stay. The best thing about it was that it felt more like a home than a hostel. We all cooked together in the evenings (we were even fed home-made gnocchi one of the nights), we watched films on the rainy days and played a lot of table tennis! Matthias helped to create the relaxed and friendly atmosphere and was a perfect host. I really couldn't recommend this hostel more highly!

Nice hostel held by two argentinian guys. Incredible atmosphere and really easy to meet people. The feeling you get is more being in a shared house than in a proper hostel. I personally really enjoyed it. The breakfast is good and there is a projector to watch movies if it rains. Only negative point: The 4 beds dorm is a bit cramped and there is no air con.

Matius and co-owner are super hosts! Felt like you were a guest at their house, rather than staying at a hostel. Matius went out of his way to ensure we had everything we needed, including getting a parasol for us to use and lending his own surf board. Also let us watch the super bowl on the projector! We found the "stone that swallows" waterfall thanks to the good directions from Matius and spent a large part of 2 days on a great beach reccommended by him too! Thank you! Top place, top people!

Thankyou Sarah!! Hope you can come back someday!!! Big kiss for you and Chris!!

Samblumba is THE hostel to stay at if you are visiting the beautiful and chilled Trindade. Samblumba has the coolest staff that happily helps you out with anything you need, they take you surfing, show you cool treks and things you would never find otherwise. And if you just want to chill at the hostel, you can lie in the hammocks or watch a movie with the massive projector. The beds are clean and nice and the breakfast is great. I would recommend my best friend to go there.

• 31st Jan 2013
  • Sweden

Great, chilled hostel in an awesome location only 4 minutes walk from the beach. Mati served up free fruit smoothies and popcorn while we watched The Dictator on the big projector screen, and later took us for a free surf, but unforunately there were no waves that day. The ping pong table was also a highlight, with some intense matches being played between all guests, and it was a great place to meet people and just relax.

Thankyou Justin!!! Really men, it's our pleasure to have guest like you! See you!!