SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

2076 Total Reviews

What a great hostel! Cozy and welcoming inside, but it the middle of downtown Vancouver. Would highly recommend!

• 14th Nov 2014

great location right in the centre of vancouver downtown - right near skytrain and buses, beaver bar is pretty cool palce to meet people too. free breakfast is always good and staff are super helpful will def stay again

I was ill, but still had a great time and the staff were awesome ! Great vibe amongst the general people staying. Would defo italy go back and have recommended.

I had a great stay at this hostel. Everything was clean and orderly. The atmosphere was great! One of the best hostels I've stayed in

• 8th Nov 2014

I can't emphasize enough how awesome this hostel is! The location is perfect - bars, restaurants and shopping literally right outside the door. Everyone was super friendly and the hostel had a really cool vibe to it. They offer cheap, nightly specials in the restaurant downstairs which really help when you're traveling on a budget. Overall, great place! It will definitely be my go-to when I come back!

• 8th Nov 2014

I was very thankful for the bathroom cleaning twice a day. The location is perfect. The staff was incredibly knowledgable and friendly. The security was solid with the keypad and after hours key check. The kitchen facilities were fantastic. The movie room, although I didn't use it, was a very nice addition. This was the best hostel experience I have had. THANKS!

I loved my stay here! Next time I'm in van I'm coming back. I tad noisy as it is right in the middle of the entertainment district, it's definatly for a younger crowd. Everyone was incredibly friendly and the free breakfast was an awesome way to start a day of adventuring- which the staff are happy to help you plan. The building is large and aged, but has a colorful and fun repurposed feel that I loved. Would absolutely recommend!!

Great staff-- friendly, helpful & very accommodating. Love: big lockers, light & ledge at each bed, decent thickness mattresses & pillows, free towel, plentiful hot water with great pressure. Also, for being a very large establishment, was surprisingly quiet through the night. WiFi could use improvement, but was sufficient. I thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Great Caesar at Beaver!

Good on you for trying a Caesar. It's like a Bloody Mary, but on steroids. Cheers! Pete

Best backpackers I've stayed to date.

This place was great to stay at. The staff make you feel welcome and have things organised so fellow travellers can make the most of their stay in Vancouver. The free breakfast was one of the best around in the hostels that I stayed in. Security was excellent and whenever I went somewhere in the hostel you always saw someone cleaning. The street that the hostel is on is central, although has quite a few homeless people around, but that can't be avoided in any city you go to. Great place to stay.

The stay was great, their free breakfast was exactly what every poor travellor needs.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Was really nice :)

Was a little load in the 6 bed dorms which are at the front on Granville and with folk returning in the early hours. But not too bad. The bar down stair is great- good atmos and well priced.. Stayed one night but went to the bar on a few occasions (open to public) would recommend.

One of my favourite hostels I've stayed in! would definitely recommend it for anyone in Vancouver!!!

• 24th Oct 2014

The social atmosphere at Samesun makes it the perfect hostel for solo travelers and groups looking for a place to stay on a night out in Vancouver. It's right in the entertainment district, close to shops and a short walk to the metro station. Security would be great if they updated the key system for the rooms. There are decent sized lockers, massive amounts of room under each bed for luggage (great as the rooms are small) and power point access for each bed. Love the staff and bar downstairs.

Awesome hostel, great location.. Only downsize, brekky ends wayyyy to early (9.30) and there is limited wifi in the rooms.. Other than that we loved the hostel and the bar deals and nightly games :)

This exceeded my expectation…thank you all for being so friendly and accommodating

• 22nd Oct 2014

Extremely central. Helpful staff. Very clean. Lots of activities, special offers and great deals on food and booze. All in all a great hostel. Ticks all the boxes.

• 21st Oct 2014

Stop reading this review, and just book it! It books out fast, and for good reason! 1. Amazing location. CANNOT be beaten. 2. The Beaver Bar. It rocks. Good, cheap food. Always a special. Fantastic range of drinks! Good Vibe on Friday night, and according to other BP'ers, good vibes during the week, too! 3. Clean rooms, friendly staff (funny as well!), knowledgeable about Vancouver (they recommended a few bars, but we ended up coming back to the Beaver Bar anyway), late check-in. 10/10!

This was my first backpacker experience and I was a little nervous but the staff were amazing and so helpful. I met some lovely people which was great as I am travelling alone. Great central location on Granville and the hostel offers daily activities. I would definitely stay here again if I was back in vancouver. Thanks for making my stay a positive one

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7