SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Vey good stay and vey good location on Granville street. Staff are very helpful and provide a very good breakfast. Keep up the good work people.

Staff are knowledgable and the breakfast is excellent! The daily activities are a great way to get to know the city. The beds are new and comfortable.

• 7th Apr 2015

Amaazing location. The beaver is overrated and the girl who served me was very rude. The night reception guy was super helpful and polite I can only remember he was from Germany. bathrooms and lounge were always clean. Room smaller than other hostels ive stayed at. Had a room facing the road so earplugs a must! would definitely stay again!!

The beds were brand new and some of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Along with their mandatory quiet hours in the corridors near the rooms, it made it very easy to sleep, rest, and recharge before heading out the next day. Because there is a common room and bar downstairs, people could also stay up and party--the sound didn't come through and bug those trying to sleep. Best hostel I've been to overall.

Clean, comfortable, good facilities and an excellent location if you want to be central. Free breakfast is great, staff were friendly. Highly recommend The Mexican across the road for a good feed too! Definitely one of the nicer big hostels I've stayed at.

Pretty mediocre hostel. The facilities, amenities, bedding, etc are all fairly old and run down. Walls and doors are paper thin, so you can hear just about everything. You're sharing three showers, two toilets and two basins - all next to each other - with an entire floor. Leads to a pretty deplorable state of cleanliness. The private rooms also aren't worth the extra money, being located right next to the bathrooms. Quality of activities can vary from week to week. Location is good though.

SameSun was AWESOME!! The staff was super nice, the bar was a lot of fun, and I met so many cool people there! Everyone is so friendly and inviting. I would definitely stay here again :)

• 28th Mar 2015

My favorite hostel in all my travel I would say. Really amazing staff and atmosphere! Clean room, bathroom and kitchen, good breakfast and nice tours that give you the chance to discover the city AND make friends! Just do it.

Friendly and knowledgeable staff, great open/common areas, but bathroom are inconveniently located but not that big of a deal. Centrally located in a pretty lively area so it could get a bit noisy but remember is a hostel, not a hotel. Overall, I am very satisfied with the choice.

• 26th Mar 2015

Samesun was a great hostel for spring break(-ing)!! It had a big common room to foster good atmosphere and pre-drinking games before going out. The staff was great and the (basically) free day activities were a nice excuse to get out of the city and see vancouvers wilderness...

Great hostel. Ended up extending my sty. Staff are fantastic and there's always something happening in the bar down stairs. I'm a solo female traveller and feel 100% comfortable here

SameSun Hostel was AMAZING for our experience in Vancouver. We were with a group of 9 and utilized the in hostel bar and breakfast everyday. Dan at the front counter was awesome as well.

Don't have enough good things to say about Samesun. Staff were excellent, and understanding of any issue, location was fantastic, security was extremely well-implemented, and the facilities were again perfect! Special thanks to Dan for all his help throughout my stay!

No problems! The staff were all nice and friendly, especially Dan who hooked up the helpful upgrade!

Best hostel!

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

This hostel is in a great location, very central, easy to find. Rooms/bathrooms were clean and quiet. Free breakfast was good. One of the better hostel experiences I've had!

• 21st Mar 2015

Staff was great and really understanding when we canceled. Private room was terrible. Glitter and dirt on the floor. Bathroom door in room didn't close and the room was really small. Wouldn't stay here unless you just want a place to crash after you get super drunk.

Hello, Thanks for the feedback. I am following up with our Housekeeping Manager with regards to all of this. I'm glad the staff were able to help you out. Cheers, Pete

Only stayed here for 3 nights. In the heart of Downtown, its close to lots of bars and clubs and incredibly easy to get to and find. Nice bar downstairs with a number of events throughout the week to help solo travelers such as myself meet new people. Can't fault the common area and facilities. Everything worked as should. I enjoyed my stay there.

My boyfriend and I had a great stay at the samesun in van! The staff was really helpful and friendly. The atmosphere was also chill and we were very impressed by the private rooms.

• 20th Mar 2015

Didn't spend a whole lot of time at the hostel, other than right in the morning or just before bed. But it really had all you could ask for. Great little pub downstairs, and great common area. Didn't use the kitchen but one of the best I've seen at a hostel. Also cool little theatre room, nice touch! Was very clean and safe and the staff are super helpful. I'd stay there again, great location and proximity to downtown area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5