SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Good breakfast :)

Before the door watcher comes in at night, people just let anyone next to the door in. Maybe watch that a little mote.

Daily activities were a great way to meet new people. The daily specials at the beaver bar was fairly affordable.

You simply can't help loving this place. The quality is high, though there are some small things that could be better, but the point is that this place is lovely and the staff is lovely ++. Simple as that

Hostel was ideally located near all the shops and bars. It wasn't to far to walk to Stanley Park and there was lots of buses and near the sky tram

We stayed one night in a dorm then two nights in a private room after a night elsewhere, very easy check in.We were able to put our large bags in overnight storage, which was very helpful.Private room was really nice and the sheets were amazing! The pub joined was brilliant- nightly dinner specials and all the other menu items were cheap. We ate there each night we stayed for convenience, price and it tasted good! Bathrooms were clean, but having them cleaned at 7am talking loud wasnt great

Prices depend on availability so it could go up high that you feel it's too much for a night at a shared room and washroom hostel. Great place to meet other travelers from everywhere. It's a socializing hostel.

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Thailand

Awesome location,good value. Didn't eat at the bar but looked like good specials on meals and drinks. Breakfast was great.

Very nice reception and employees. City Center of Vancouver was much dirty than we expected.

This was a great location. A little hard to find by car because the directions haven't been changed and there is construction blocking the roads they say to use. The hostel itself is great. I would definitely stay there again. If you are there when the scavenger hunt is going on do it!!! Great staff!!!!

Great hostel in a great location. Good atmosphere with a bar at the bottom of the hostel.

I was sitting on a couch outside of my room to use the outlet as the outlets in my room were on the lower wall & I was on the top bunk. It was midnight & the girls in my dorm were sleeping & I didn't want to disturb them. While on my phone, a staff told me I wasn't aloud to sit there & had to move to the common room 10 feet away, but there was a bunch of drunk men in there & I didn't want to.She rudely told me I had no choice & had to leave immediately.I was upset she didn't respect my worries

Hello and thanks for the feedback. The area in question is right outside a few dorm rooms which is why we ask people to move along as the sound from someone speaking can carry into the rooms. We do allow people to use that area in quiet time as long as they are not on the phone or talking. There are a few other common areas in the hostel that could be used for calls. If you come back, please ask the desk and they can direct you to them. Cheers, Pete

Helpful, generous, friendly staff!

An awesome hostel with great daily activities, friendly staff and an awesome bar.

• 16th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Loved the activities that were run each day - did a couple of great hikes that I probably wouldn't have done otherwise. Staff were really helpful for everything. Wifi was very average upstairs in the dorms.

Good people . Efficient, accommodating and personable. Would definitely stay here again.

Decent hostel, lockers easily broken Into was a worry, but other that good! good activities and fairly clean. Vancouvers sketchy neighbourhood around this area has a slightly negative effect on the atmosphere and the way the bar is setup doesn't really foster socialisation with others, but was fairl cheap and relatively friendly.

Lively hostel, good if you want to meet other people, but quite noisy.

Great, super secure hostel with loads of social space and even its own bar, which is actually frequented by locals. The staff are great. Free breakfast is generous and gets people talking. Good location on a main, busy shopping street near bars and eateries. Free activities are good too!.

Good hostel. Central location, social atmosphere, daily activities, good free breakfast. I was in a room at the back which was clean and quiet but I was told the rooms at the front of the building can be quite noisy. No air con so rooms do get a bit hot in warmer weather.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7