SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

hands down one of the best hostels i've ever stayed at. prime location, clean rooms and bathrooms, very secure, cheap bar, and super super SUPER awesome/helpful staff. also, the breakfast is free and good (bagels, toast, muffins, fruit, coffee, juice, all dat gud gud) and the atmosphere was great. met a ton of chill, young, goodlooking people. so if you are chill, young, and goodlooking, this hostel is the place for you!!!

• 15th Dec 2014

Bad points : location, you can`t walk 1 minute in the street without someone begging for money. Showers and toilets have huge gaps around doors. The code to enter the rooms changes daily. but anyone can get it from the reception, same for luggage storage key. Good points: good staff, bar and events, clean.

Hello and thanks for the feedback. We are located in Vancouver's Entertainment District which is fantastic for bars, restaurants and clubs. Like all west coast cities, Vancouver does attract a large amount of street people, but they are all completely harmless. With our building we do not allow anyone in without a room key, so if we don't recognize them, we check keys and ID when needed. All of our bathrooms are undergoing renos this winter so that will help your concerns there. Safe travels!

Definitely one of my favourite hostels. Awesome location, super friendly staff with heaps of local knowledge, clean spacious rooms and other facilities. Not to mention the beaver bar with cheap food and drinks and an awesome atmosphere. Its a great way to met new people. Especially when travelling alone. Ive stayed here a few times before and keep coming back. Highly recommend this place to anyone coming through vancouver!

Place very clean, except the pillows and duvets smelled a bit - I'm not sure how often they are washed. The rest of the facility is very clean. Excellent breakfast, superb location, and great staff. Highly recommend

Good location. contains own bar. busy hostel with a lot of Australians on way to ski season. good atmosphere without being too loud in rooms.

Samesun is a great hostel to stay at for Downtown Vancouver - the staff are friendly and helpful, the facilities are clean, the place is safe and the hostel even runs daily activities to get you into the swing of Vancouver. While it is a very social hostel and has a popular bar downstairs, there is not a lot of noise.

After an incorrect date booking I emailed the hostel to request the date change which was done almost immediately with no additional costs. All staff were extremely friendly, the location was very easy to find and a short walk of approx 10 mins from the train station. The hostel has numerous activities arranged for all nights of the week so is perfect for all, especially those travelling alone and wishing to meet people.

Good hostel, would of been nice if they supplied towels. Otherwise it is perfect and we'll located.

Hello, We do supply towels free of charge, just ask the front desk for one. Cheers! Pete

I think the equipment is a bit obsolete now. I was sleeping in the bottom bed and everytime the girl on the top bed was moving, my own bed was shaking. Besides, the shower are a bit old and even if they are clean, they don't look this way and it seems funny in the bathroom. The toilets were not that clean also unfortunately.

What a great hostel! Cozy and welcoming inside, but it the middle of downtown Vancouver. Would highly recommend!

• 14th Nov 2014

great location right in the centre of vancouver downtown - right near skytrain and buses, beaver bar is pretty cool palce to meet people too. free breakfast is always good and staff are super helpful will def stay again

It was very convenient, easy to locate, nice staff, very helpfull. Nice breakfast. Kitchen and bathrooms seem to be clean regularly. For my first days in Canada it was very good!

I was ill, but still had a great time and the staff were awesome ! Great vibe amongst the general people staying. Would defo italy go back and have recommended.

I had a great stay at this hostel. Everything was clean and orderly. The atmosphere was great! One of the best hostels I've stayed in

• 8th Nov 2014

I can't emphasize enough how awesome this hostel is! The location is perfect - bars, restaurants and shopping literally right outside the door. Everyone was super friendly and the hostel had a really cool vibe to it. They offer cheap, nightly specials in the restaurant downstairs which really help when you're traveling on a budget. Overall, great place! It will definitely be my go-to when I come back!

• 8th Nov 2014

Excellent location, right downtown and really close to the central skytrain station, really friendly and helpful staff, excellent initiatives such as free excursions and thematic evenings at the pub, amazing breakfast with real fruit and gluten-free options available! It could be cleaner and facilities might need to be improved/refurbished, but they are still reasonably OK. Toilettes and shower were clean regularly. Great value for money.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

I was very thankful for the bathroom cleaning twice a day. The location is perfect. The staff was incredibly knowledgable and friendly. The security was solid with the keypad and after hours key check. The kitchen facilities were fantastic. The movie room, although I didn't use it, was a very nice addition. This was the best hostel experience I have had. THANKS!

I loved my stay here! Next time I'm in van I'm coming back. I tad noisy as it is right in the middle of the entertainment district, it's definatly for a younger crowd. Everyone was incredibly friendly and the free breakfast was an awesome way to start a day of adventuring- which the staff are happy to help you plan. The building is large and aged, but has a colorful and fun repurposed feel that I loved. Would absolutely recommend!!

Great staff-- friendly, helpful & very accommodating. Love: big lockers, light & ledge at each bed, decent thickness mattresses & pillows, free towel, plentiful hot water with great pressure. Also, for being a very large establishment, was surprisingly quiet through the night. WiFi could use improvement, but was sufficient. I thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Great Caesar at Beaver!

Good on you for trying a Caesar. It's like a Bloody Mary, but on steroids. Cheers! Pete

Best backpackers I've stayed to date.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7