SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Friendly and knowledgeable staff, great open/common areas, but bathroom are inconveniently located but not that big of a deal. Centrally located in a pretty lively area so it could get a bit noisy but remember is a hostel, not a hotel. Overall, I am very satisfied with the choice.

• 26th Mar 2015

Great hostel. Ended up extending my sty. Staff are fantastic and there's always something happening in the bar down stairs. I'm a solo female traveller and feel 100% comfortable here

SameSun Hostel was AMAZING for our experience in Vancouver. We were with a group of 9 and utilized the in hostel bar and breakfast everyday. Dan at the front counter was awesome as well.

Don't have enough good things to say about Samesun. Staff were excellent, and understanding of any issue, location was fantastic, security was extremely well-implemented, and the facilities were again perfect! Special thanks to Dan for all his help throughout my stay!

No problems! The staff were all nice and friendly, especially Dan who hooked up the helpful upgrade!

This hostel is in a great location, very central, easy to find. Rooms/bathrooms were clean and quiet. Free breakfast was good. One of the better hostel experiences I've had!

• 21st Mar 2015

Staff was great and really understanding when we canceled. Private room was terrible. Glitter and dirt on the floor. Bathroom door in room didn't close and the room was really small. Wouldn't stay here unless you just want a place to crash after you get super drunk.

Hello, Thanks for the feedback. I am following up with our Housekeeping Manager with regards to all of this. I'm glad the staff were able to help you out. Cheers, Pete

My boyfriend and I had a great stay at the samesun in van! The staff was really helpful and friendly. The atmosphere was also chill and we were very impressed by the private rooms.

• 20th Mar 2015

Didn't spend a whole lot of time at the hostel, other than right in the morning or just before bed. But it really had all you could ask for. Great little pub downstairs, and great common area. Didn't use the kitchen but one of the best I've seen at a hostel. Also cool little theatre room, nice touch! Was very clean and safe and the staff are super helpful. I'd stay there again, great location and proximity to downtown area.

Great location for clubs and bars. In the heart of the city. Security was good, but sometimes people in my room didnt always lock the door. Which was a great concern. Also when checking out the staff member was extremely rude and when i asked him his name he would not comply. That last 5 minutes turned my whole experience around. The last thing i remember about this hostel was some guy being rude and me saying i wont stay here again. Which is a shame because the location is great to party

• 16th Mar 2015

Hello and thanks for the feedback. I'll email you to find out more about what happened as it sounds like there was a miscommunication here. Cheers, Pete

Great breakfast

• 15th Mar 2015

Great location, perfect hostel for young people who wanna see Vancouver and meet people!

• 14th Mar 2015

Comfy beds, clean bathrooms, good location and a very popular hostel which made it easy to meet people and enjoy my stay!

Room was dirty. No elevator, and luggage storage system doesn't look secure.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Hello and thanks for the feedback. Just to let everyone know that we do have security cameras in our luggage room. And yes it's true, we don't have an elevator, but we will help you with your bags in exchange for a high-five. regards Pete

Great breakfast. Also really enjoyed the food served in the bar (very well priced) and the drinks. Excellent range of value-for-money tours offered. Convenient location.

• 5th Mar 2015

Friendly staff with great recommendations for local activities and good eats. I look forward to staying here again!

• 4th Mar 2015

bed sheets were dirty... Bathroom was dirty ...

Vancouver itself was not very exciting, but the hostel made up for that. Great atmosphere and a lot going on!

This place is amazing! Most comfortable beds, great staff, awesome vibe. Ended up staying an extra week!

I only stayed here for one night. The location is excellent. It made for a great stay: comfortable, cozy, great amenities and helpful staff. I would definitely stay again. I could hear music from the bar area into the wee hours so if that bothers you bring earplugs or ask for a room a little farther from the pub area. Enjoy your stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5