SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Nice Hostel with a bar in the heart of Vancouver

Fairly good hostel in a good location. Decent breakfast. Cleaning could be better, lots of staff cleaning but it seemed to be every bodies first day so a lot seemed a bit clueless. A lot of the mess was by guests themselves so I guess that's not the hostels fault. Overall pretty good and I would recommend it to stay in Vancouver. Oh, parking is not ideal. You are best off paying about $20 a day to park at the Holiday Inn, unless you want your car broken in to!

Six beds are too many to cram into one small dorm. Four beds would work much better as once everyone brings in their luggage, there's almost no room to move (or breathe) in the dorm.

A bit of street noise in the room, probably inevitable because the location is so GREAT, right in the middle of downtown! Friendly staff & great security.

• 19th Jul 2014

Good place. Free breakfast. Usual issue is not many showers or toilets but I nver had to wait. My private room even had a small fridge. Staff helped caryy luggage. No complaints

• 18th Jul 2014

Really nice hostel if you feel like meeting new and interesting people from all over the world. Also good if you like a good party or two ;)

Staff were amazingly helpful. The bathrooms were spotless and the bagels for breakfast were delicious. My partner and I would definitely stay again.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Wales

The beaver's great and the common room, too. It took me a week to realize that there's a tv room as well. People seem all very relaxed but the staff's a bit 'cold' sometimes. I'd still come back for sure! Was one of my best weeks.

Best hostel in Vancouver for a great price. I wish the events were a little better to take this hostel from best in Vancouver to one of the best period. Pub crawls would be an easy thing to do. It has a bar but its still one of the least social hostels since its not really a bar for random people to meet. People just end up sitting in the common room and stare at their laptops/tablets/phones. I would still recommend the hostel 100%.

OK place! Good location.

Clean nice place, very helpful and friendly staff. There's a lot of homeless people on Granville street but as we found out, whole Vancouver is full of them....the area didn't seem unsafe.

The hostel is located on the busy street. That means you are in the center of all the activities. It sounds good, unless you are willing to sleep. Get ready for sleepless start of a night as noise from the street is very loud. The staff is very nice and they also organize different daily activities in Vancouver and around. However, the hostel is not very clean and rooms are quite small for the money

Cool hostel. The bunks are cheap and nasty. Nice bar. Friendly staff. I'd stay again.

The only possible complain is that the 4 person room was tiny. The rest was wonderful.

• 4th Jul 2014

I stayed in Vancouver for only two nights and this was the perfect location for making the most out of it and seeing the best bits. The staff were really lovely and helpful, breakfast was basic but plentiful and encouraged you to meet fellow travellers. There was also lots of activities on everyday, which I didn't get to myself due to my short time there, but sounded like they'd be a lot of fun. I'd stay here again on my return and would recommend it to others.

Really good hostel to meet fellow travellers, especially through the daily activities arranged by the hostel.

One of the best I've been to. The location is perfect and easy to get to from the airport. The staff was very helpful and nice. Great vibe and bar. Breakfast was great and plenty (but ends early). The washrooms can get kinda crowded, early in the morning and around 6/7 pm, but its ok. The rooms are great, could use a chair though. Its safe, but everyone ends up opening the front door to anyone. Lockers and towels are small. Quite time works.

Really loved this hostel. Rooms were great and the inclusive breakfast was good too. Common area and kitchen were big. Hostel ran free or cheap day trips everyday which were good. Only down points were bathrooms could get busy at times (more sinks would be handier) and at night there was noise from the street, but in my opinion it's the compromise you make for being in downtown Vancouver. I would definitely stay there again.

Pretty nice hostel to meet people. Bathroom facilities need an upgrade. Beds are average. Bar is a lot of fun

Helpful, friendly staff. Good location. a fan on each bed, which was nice. Good food in the restaurant. Fun watching the World Cup.

• 30th Jun 2014