SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

I had a great stay at the SameSun Vancouver. The room was very comfortable and clean, and the atmosphere was awesome! I loved the common areas and how unique the building was -- and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. I'll definitely be staying there again. Cheers guys!

• 2nd Feb 2016

I had a short stay at Samesun and really loved it. The bed was comfy and clean and the people were great!

• 1st Feb 2016

Literally the best hostel I've ever stayed at - met so many awesome people, great facilities, awesome staff and atmosphere, good location (a bit sketchy at night but nothing that can't be handled), don't stay anywhere else!!

Very cramped rooms.. That's fine though, lots of hostels are.

• 23rd Jan 2016

2nd floor got a bit stinky near the toilets. Could maybe do with a lick of paint in the corridors

I had a really good stay and enjoyed the activities!

Had a great time staying there for a week in Winter, the staff were friendly, the beaver was a great bar to drink at and the rooms were fine. Only drawbacks would have to be the showers looked a little grubby and one of the washing machines broke down and flooded the laundry.

Great location and really friendly staff. There's always something going on in the downstairs bar and loved the daily events!

• 18th Jan 2016

Excellent hostel to stay at, great atmosphere and always someone up for a chat. Staff were very helpful. Location convenient.

• 17th Jan 2016

Awesome Hostel! Great central location, trans and buses are nearby. Hostel has bar downstairs which is convenient. Area does have homeless outside, but they don't seem to bother anyone. Great facility, common room with kitchen; free fast reliable wifi, I was able to watch netflix. Would recommend for someone looking for a cheap place with enough clean amneties.

Second time here, no complaints :)

I have stayed there several times in the last five years. I do miss the hot the hot breakfast they used to do for an extra charge, but the free one is great.

The staff were super friendly and helpful, and were patient with me and my many questions with SameSun being the first hostel I've stayed in. The building as a whole was always clean and well presented. The only thing I found annoying was being on the 3rd floor and having to carry my suitcase up the stairs with a bum elbow. I was fortunate enough to have someone stop and help me in the hall, both arriving and leaving. Such a great community atmosphere.

Great value for money due to the combination of being very social, great breakfast incincluded, great location and really helpful friendly staff.

• 5th Jan 2016

Definitely one of my best hostel experiences! lots of cheap/free activities to jump in on & meet other travelers. It's a great social atmosphere. But it is a bit pricey if you're traveling as a couple. We couldn't share a bed & ended up spending $70-100/night which could have easily gotten us a hotel. It would be nice if they'd give you the option to split a bed..but that's hostels. Also location is great, but you're definitely in the heart of downtown so be prepared for some sketch homeless.

• 1st Jan 2016

Would definitely recommend this hostel. Amazing location, short walk from the train station when you arrive on the sky train from the airport, close to shopping centre and lots of places to eat. Staff so lovely and super helpful, kitchen great and beds really comfy. Like the lounge area with Netflix if you fancy a chill day, really good free breakfast loads on offer and pretty fast free wifi. Security tight as well which I like. Would stay again!

Samesun is a great little hostel in the centre of the main entertainment district. Close access to public transport. There is always somewhere to go for a drink! Claps for having their own laundry! 8/10 would bang! 😏

Great atmosphere! Great people! Great time!

• 29th Dec 2015

The hostel and my staying there were amazing. I had so much fun doing the cheap activities offered by the hostel. The facilities are efficient and clean. Kitchen and movie room perfectly working, washrooms always clean. The staff was always helpful and friendly and the Beaver was a great place to spend some time in. Also, free breakfast which was great! Prices are absolutely affordable considering area (very central, 5 min from train station) and services. I'll definitely be back again!

Beds were comfy, atmosphere is set up appropriately to meet new people, breakfast is good (not a full breakfast, but has all the basics you need, not just bread). Great hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7