SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Samesun was a great place to start my trip to Canada. Big place but lots of small dorm rooms so comfortable. Great bar on site with good cheap food. Would definitely recommend!

great place! really nice atmosphere, in the middle of the city (on one of the most fun streets), everything was clean, big kitchen. Even though it was really hot, there were fans in all the rooms. Lockers in the rooms for all the tenants.

Very good location. Friendly staff. Breakfast decent. Need some easier accessible power points for charging for the top bunks

The hostel is great, middle in the downtown, near form the subway. The hostel had every day an activity, that is great. But in the breakfast time are so many people, only in 2 hours it is incredible.

• 27th Aug 2015

Great atmosphere! Was travelling by myself for first time and made great friends. Great activities on each day through the hostel. Staff friendly

Met the best rommates ever. Like how they manage the bar and security. Lob their daily activities.

I really liked the hostel. But the bar at the hostel is an official bar, where you are getting seated at a certain table and that makes it harder to meet people. I liked the breakfast!

Great hostel, easy to find and nice atmosphere, couldn't fault! Get on the Agwa Bombs!

Great atmosphere and location!

One of the better hostels I've ever stayed at. Staff were helpful (thanks Doug!). Lots of activities to participate in. Free breakfast was awesome too.

Overall great social hostel to stay in. Great bar, with loads of events going on, constantly full, relatively cheap with happy hour. Staff are well knowledgeable about things to do etc and really friendly. Good breakfast to kick off the day IF you wake up for it. Loads of bars near by as well for evening activities- although if you're with the hostel you'll prob end up in the Roxy or the Irish bars! Small complaint that the rooms were a tad cramped and warm for summer.

Really fun hostel to stay in, with an excellent bar and great atmosphere. It is a very busy hostel with a fairly big capacity, if I have any gripes it is perhaps that the bar and bathroom facilities are a little small for the amount of people using them; breakfast in particular can get very busy. The breakfast is excellent though, and overall I really enjoyed my stay here.

Great atmosphere! Walking distance to a lot of things in the city. Bathrooms could have been a little cleaner, but not bad. Staff is friendly and helpful. Bar is fun!!

The staff people were friendly and helpful, but the bathrooms were a bit gross.

Tv wont show on air and I ask to fit it, they haven't fit until I leave. I been 6 nights.

Overall, I was very impressed with the environment and the facilities available at SameSun Vancouver. The staff were awesome, and I really appreciated the breakfast every morning. I thought security could have been a bit tighter, given the area where the hostel is located, but I felt pretty safe in general. My only complaint is that there weren't enough sinks in the bathrooms - mornings were a game of "which floor has an available sink", as so many people were trying to clean up at the same time

Nice hostel great location Good breakfast! Be aware of 15% tax on top of the price which is noted .

Hello, yes this is true. North America adds the tax on after the price. Why? I think we do it just to confuse travelers. Thanks for staying! Cheers, Pete

Great first experience staying in a hostel. Everyone was super helpful and friendly.

• 11th Aug 2015

I had a perfect stay and enjoyed the hostel-activities!

How much does a hot water kettle cost? The hot water kettle in the kitchen is out of order, it took 10 mins, water still not boiled... ... how can people make a cup of tea or coffee? Room is really hot, couldn't sleep at night. Not sure whether because it is a old building? Room temperature is at least 8 degrees hotter than street temperature. It remind me one hostel in Prague, really hot!! Never forget that.

Hi and thanks for the feedback. New kettle is on the way! It has been unseasonably warm this past week that's for sure. Cheers! Pete Assistant Manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7