SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Great hostel! Location, location, location.

• 21st May 2015
  • Puerto Rico

Overall a pretty good hostel, no complaints except that it was a little on the expensive side, but that might just be vancouver in general

This place was incredible. Best hostel environment ever. Perfect for the traveler in an extended stay or in town for a concert. Staff is amazing. It's safe, clean, great atmosphere, comfy beds, comfy lounge areas and the bar offers sweet deals for guests. Everything is designed to promote community and hanging out. Seriously, I'm thinking about selling my house and moving in.

• 14th May 2015

I really found the experience at this hostel to be an enjoyable one. The free activities offered by the hostel were of the highest quality and gave you a great outlet to meet other travellers. Another highlight was the beaver bar. It again added to the experience for making it easy to meet other travellers. I also wanted to give a special shoutout to Giles at the front counter for going above and beyond to assist me with my stay and to ria for her efforts in putting on great activities

Staff is awesome, helpful and flexible! Location, tours and breakfast is perfect. Sheets and towels are nice and clean but the bathrooms needs way more cleaning when so many people are using it - the floor is flooded constantly and it's wet and messy everywhere. The kitchen is also a mess every evening. A place like this should also provide a better wifi service.

Hostel was in a great location, clean, excellent staff and tons of help with what to do, eat and experience in the city!

No parking available for the guest's that age roast tripping, also dips not like the loud music at night when there are really activities or travel for some of us.

Hello and thanks for the feedback. The hostel does not have parking but there is a pay lot directly next to us and several more within two blocks of the hostel. Our front desk can help direct you to any of those. Cheers! Pete

I appreciated the events they put on both during the day, and then in the evening in the bar, arriving to a hostel playing Bingo is pretty sweet. Staff were useful, e.g. Giles on the front desk hooked me up with a bar to watch Game of Thrones. Both the bar and common-room good places to hang in the evening. Location is great, everything is pretty close by. Rooms were clean and secure. Travelling alone, I found it a pretty good place to meet people and also to have my own space.

• 7th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Not a bad hostel, a little dirty and everyone sticks to themselves.

The whole hostel and especially our room smelled unpleasant, though it seemed clean.

One of the best large hostels I have ever stayed at and definitely the best hostel breakfast I have had. Extremely social with organized tours each day and a bar and restaurant down stairs. Great for meeting other travellers. The lockers in the room didn't work with my lock and a few other locks which people had, which was a little disconcerting. Awesome locations and the staff were all great

So good i stayed there twice! Great location. Hostel is in the heart of downtown so very easy to walk around. Hostel offers trips / quiz nights pretty much every night of the week so there is always something going on and its really easy to meet people. Free breakfast is good value - toast, cereals, amazing muffins, fruit etc that you can just help yourself to. Rooms are ok, bit outdated but got everything you need. Good lounge / kitchen dining area and a bar downstairs.

Thanks for this beautiful time in the hostel! Thanks John (manager Samesun Hostel Silver Star) for sent the email and help me with everything in the other Samesun. I really appreciate your disposition to help!!! I have the best memories of you. Sorry for my bad English. Liza (from Chile)

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Chile

Hostel is in a great location. When upon arrival not much information was given to us about the hostel. Showers and washrooms have to much space between the door frame and locks, can see right through too another person having shower or in washroom. Good bar and food and drink specials. Loud in the corridors at night time.

• 27th Apr 2015

Pretty much what you'd expect from a higher rated hostel located in the heart of a big cities entertainment district. Old, but well maintained, lots going on, and very loud. The staff do their best to keep "quiet time" after hours, but it is what it is and it's loud all night. They need way more bathrooms. Breakfast was great. Staff were awesome. I'd stay again for a one-night crash after partying, but not for any longer.

A great hostel in the heart of Vancouver, kept very clean by the small army of workers. Breakfast was awesome and plentiful. Staff and atmosphere made it our favourite stop

Great hostel in the middle of downtown. 15 min walk to the skytrain taking you to the airport. Rooms are a little cramped but still awesome. Bar downstairs with events almost every night. Would definitely stay again

The dorms were pretty standard, but everywhere was kept very clean. The staff were great and so was the breakfast.

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night and left feeling a little less cute than when we arrived. A strange urine-y smell permeated our floor, and drove us to try and spend most of our stay out in the city. Other than that the woman at the front desk new her stuff and was very helpful. They seemed to have a good social vibe going downstairs too. Nothing fancy, and pretty severely over priced for what you're getting, but there are worse places out there.

Vey good stay and vey good location on Granville street. Staff are very helpful and provide a very good breakfast. Keep up the good work people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5