SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Great location to spend your stay in Vancouver at! Awesome atmosphere - people, who travel alone and do not want to be lonely will be easily able to get in touch with many other guests there!

Advoid this place unless u want to stay in tough area and just get drunk

• 23rd Jan 2015

Hello, Not too sure what you mean about a tough area. We are located right in the center of downtown, across from another hostel as well. Because we are central there are certainly options for drinking, but that also means that you can get anywhere in this amazing city and do anything you want to do quite easily. I recommend doing both, as Vancouver has many amazing sites and places to eat and drink. Cheers and safe travels, Pete

It's ok overall. It is located right on the bar and club street, and of course it is a little bit noisy outside. But if you are the person who likes to have fun at night, this is the right hostel you can choose. Besides, it's quite convenient if you would like to grab some coffee nearby, hit a convenient store or market, and buy some local designed clothes. Just that I think the cleanliness can be better, because it is a little bit dirty around corner somehow.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Taiwan
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I really enjoyed my stay the rooms are great fitted out with powerpoints next to beds, individual fans and reading lamps :) my favorite part was the daily activities where the staff took us on tours of the city, highly reccomend ;)

• 21st Jan 2015

The room was Clean except for places you'd normally wouldn't look, like in corners and under the beds. Two of the sheets had stains. The toilets on our floor were closed. Some other guests smoked weed in the dorms. There were to loud Music playing at breakfast, could hardly hear the others talking. One of the lockers in our room had previously been broken open.

Hello and thanks for the feedback. Just to touch on some of your points, we don't allow any smoking in our rooms. The detectors go off very easily if anyone smokes anything. Vancouver does have a bit of a street smell with that stuff though. Our bathrooms are undergoing maintenance in the off season and are 2/3s done now. If you ever feel that anything needs any attention please just ask our front desk and they will assist you. Cheers and safe travels. Pete

The hostel was fine, I wouldn't say there was anything remarkable about it. It is a big hostel, with a lot more guests than most hostels I've been to and because of that I found it harder to get to know people and strike up conversations, however the hostel daily events were good for helping with this. Overall most aspects were just okay, the location is probably the best thing about this place as it's on a main street with lot's to do.

Great location, very easy to meet people. Sean

Alright... well, first of all I think this place made me realize I'm over 30 and not up for hanging out with a bunch of smelly, dread-headed free-love kids anymore (not that I ever was). Let's just put it this way, you'll be getting what you paid for. It's clean for as run down as it is. It's in a sleazy part of town with lots of bums and... adunno, I wish I would have gone for the hotel. But it was cheap, no argument there.

Hello and thanks for the feedback. Sometimes hostels aren't for everyone I guess, although everyone is certainly welcome at ours. We are located on Granville St. which is in the heart of the cities entertainment district, overall a very fun area to be in. Cheers and safe travels, Pete.

Need an elevator... Great stay, staff were helpful and knowledgable about Vancouver. Always sent us in the right direction.

• 4th Jan 2015

Staff and atmosphere make this hostel. Beds are awful and very squeaky. Good for partying, not for sleeping.

this is a good hostel. only down side the net flix does break down from time to time, other then that its like a proper hostel. id stay again for sure.

일단 시설이 좋지 않다. 밑에 바가 있어서 좋을 수도 있고 안좋을 수도 있을 것 같다.

Stayed over new years, good atmosphere but the prices were inflated

Staff are friendly, and the bar is cheap. Only thing is if you want to mingle, make sure you sit at the bar itself, the booths are sort of closed off. Beds are pretty comfy for the price you're paying and bathrooms were acceptability clean.

• 28th Dec 2014

There is a noise curfew at this hostel but no one seems to care because people were in the halls partying until 4am almost every night. If you want any sleep I wouldn't recommend staying here. Either than the noise is was a good hostel with good staff, activities, and facilities.

friendly staff, nice travellers, quite cosy atmorsphere, great breakfast!

Jamie is the best! The supposed to be fire dancing and lantern night turned out to be something more of a pagan ritual and two lone lanterns set off. But Jamie and Jessie and the awesome guests made it a side splitting experience! Got my voice back two days later but it was worth it. Christmas in Vancouver was totally worth it!

• 22nd Dec 2014

The hostel was orderly and straitforward. Heating and bedding weren't great, but they weren't unberable. The women's facilities were broken on two floors, but I think this was simply low priority because of the off season. I'd stay here again in uncertainty, but there wasn't anything here that would draw me back over a possible competitor. The community spaces didn't tend to draw conversation among strangers, and nothing was overly remarkable.

Read the reviews for Samesun before booking. Other than the Gaps between the doors in toilet and shower cubicles. I found my first Hostel experience awesome. All Hostel staff were helpful if you wanted anything. Hostel staff had walking tours everyday for certain sights around the City or you could get tickets to the hockey games. The best experience was going to the Hockey and "The Great Plunge" as part of the Hostel Crew. Met an awesome ANZAC contingent of guests who make the place happen.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

I loved staying at this hostel. GREAT communal area both downstairs at the beaver bar and upstairs in the kitchen. I will definitely be back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6