SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

The hostel is in a great location. Very clean and they take security seriously, which is probably pretty necessary in the heart of downtown where the hostel is located. It doesn't have the best set up for socializing but all in all I would recommend this hostel.

Hello and thanks for your feedback. We have a common room upstairs, but we also have a great bar downstairs, which is always a good way for travelers to meet. Especially after one of our fantastic activities (shameless activity plug, I know). :) Thanks for the recommendations, appreciate it! Pete

The hostel itself was pretty awesome; the facilities were always clean and the kitchen was a nice accommodation! I appreciated that outside visitors weren't allowed upstairs and that a consistently changing code was used for the door leading into the hostel; it made me feel more secure. Unfortunately, the service at the restaurant was pretty slow and I wasted a lot of time waiting for food or the check. That was a bummer. Besides that, everything else was great!

• 23rd Jul 2015

Really friendly staff and fun activities every day, great for solo travellers

• 23rd Jul 2015

Excellent location, staff, breakfast

Excellent staff and Delicious breakfast!

Good place to stay, staff is very helpful, location is prime, atmosphere of free spirit and overall chill is awesome. A bit inconvenient policy with the pots and pans (you have to go downstairs and bail your room key for a pot), but I guess this is just a security measure. Also the air in my room was kinda stuffy and I couldn't sleep at times due to heat (although outside was the same kind of weather). Definitely staying there again whenever I'm back to Van city:)

Awesome place! I'll be back next time I visit the area.

• 17th Jul 2015

Definetly a very good hostel. Very good assets

Super clean :) great place to stay!!

• 13th Jul 2015
  • NatashaOwles

The hostel has everything I can think of in a hostel - a shelf by bedside, a electric socket by bedside, locker... everything, but the premise is a bit old so inevitably it is a bit dirty. Also, it is not located in a very nice area in downtown but it is a convenient spot. Generally it was a nice experience for me. The staff at the front desk was really helpful. Breakfast was really good and it offers the best atmosphere for me to meet friends.

Staff was great !! Very quiet during my stay. not a lot of action . Will stay again

• 11th Jul 2015

Not that good. Bathrooms are pretty rank. No privacy AT ALL. They get cleaned between 6-7pm, thats prime shower time! Wouldn't let us sit on a couch on the first floor and watch a movie on the laptop with head phones because it was 'quiet time'... Private rooms looked okay, but you'd have use the disgusting bathrooms. Dorm rooms are heated boxes. Whole building is old. Only good thing is the bar down stairs. Cheap drinks and food. They play ALF at the bar too.

Hello and thanks for your feedback. We only clean one level of bathrooms at a time so if we are ever in the midst of that, please feel free to use one of the other washrooms. We do enforce quiet time and we have a separate lounge area away from the rooms where people can congregate after hours. Also we don't play Alf, although we do miss that whacky alien puppet and his antics. AFL night is Fridays though. =P I hope you enjoyed Vancouver! Cheers, Pete

Amazing hostle and wouldn't be complete witout their amazing staff .. Nothing is a problem, they went over and beond their duty to help me with any questions or help I needed through out my stay .. and I really appreciate it.. 👍😀🇮🇪🇨🇦😀

• 9th Jul 2015

I loved that they provide towels.

• 9th Jul 2015

incerely, I think that this hostel should go through a remodeling, repainting and modernization. It is a little worn out.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

Good not bad the bar is good

Staff and location in particular really set SameSun apart.

• 4th Jul 2015

The location was great walking distance to a lot of major attractions. The staff was very helpful and friendly and great way to meet people from all over the world.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Loved the tours led by the hostel! It was a great way to meet people. The entire hostel is very sociable and the staff were very kind. We asked for lots of recommendations and they were very knowledgeable and patient. The only downside is that I prefer hostels with privacy curtains around beds. Other than that, it was a great stay.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Their bathrooms aren't the cleanest - only 3 showers and 3 toilet stalls for females - but the dorms themselves are very clean, and the hostel atmosphere is very lively. The front desk staff is very helpful too. They're usually from various countries, so they're all very friendly and very understanding of your situation. Free breakfast is a bonus.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7