SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Very good location. Friendly staff. Breakfast decent. Need some easier accessible power points for charging for the top bunks

The hostel is great, middle in the downtown, near form the subway. The hostel had every day an activity, that is great. But in the breakfast time are so many people, only in 2 hours it is incredible.

• 27th Aug 2015

Great atmosphere! Was travelling by myself for first time and made great friends. Great activities on each day through the hostel. Staff friendly

Met the best rommates ever. Like how they manage the bar and security. Lob their daily activities.

I really liked the hostel. But the bar at the hostel is an official bar, where you are getting seated at a certain table and that makes it harder to meet people. I liked the breakfast!

Great hostel, easy to find and nice atmosphere, couldn't fault! Get on the Agwa Bombs!

Great atmosphere and location!

One of the better hostels I've ever stayed at. Staff were helpful (thanks Doug!). Lots of activities to participate in. Free breakfast was awesome too.

Great atmosphere! Walking distance to a lot of things in the city. Bathrooms could have been a little cleaner, but not bad. Staff is friendly and helpful. Bar is fun!!

The staff people were friendly and helpful, but the bathrooms were a bit gross.

Overall, I was very impressed with the environment and the facilities available at SameSun Vancouver. The staff were awesome, and I really appreciated the breakfast every morning. I thought security could have been a bit tighter, given the area where the hostel is located, but I felt pretty safe in general. My only complaint is that there weren't enough sinks in the bathrooms - mornings were a game of "which floor has an available sink", as so many people were trying to clean up at the same time

Nice hostel great location Good breakfast! Be aware of 15% tax on top of the price which is noted .

Hello, yes this is true. North America adds the tax on after the price. Why? I think we do it just to confuse travelers. Thanks for staying! Cheers, Pete

Great first experience staying in a hostel. Everyone was super helpful and friendly.

• 11th Aug 2015

I had a perfect stay and enjoyed the hostel-activities!

How much does a hot water kettle cost? The hot water kettle in the kitchen is out of order, it took 10 mins, water still not boiled... ... how can people make a cup of tea or coffee? Room is really hot, couldn't sleep at night. Not sure whether because it is a old building? Room temperature is at least 8 degrees hotter than street temperature. It remind me one hostel in Prague, really hot!! Never forget that.

Hi and thanks for the feedback. New kettle is on the way! It has been unseasonably warm this past week that's for sure. Cheers! Pete Assistant Manager

The hostel was in a great location and the staff was extremely accommodating! This place might be pricier than other hostels but it's worth every penny for the convenience and security.

• 10th Aug 2015

We had a great stay at samesun. Really enjoyed the day activities, as they were really sociable and we made lots of friends.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Jack, Jayne and Kurt were all so awesome! Made great atmosphere and were very friendly and helpful! Excellent staff. Air conditioning would have been great.

Thanks for the kind words! Actually we just traded Jack to the Barnacles Hostel in Dublin. They offered a six pack of Guiness. How could we refuse? But seriously, we will miss him. Cheers! Pete

Pros: Amazing location, good price, great atmosphere, & incredibly friendly staff. Con (minor!): The lock on my door was very difficult to open and close (even with practice, it takes longer than usual). 1) Guests are coming and going at all hours and when someone is trying to unlock the door for minutes at 3 in the morning, it can wake you up pretty quick. 2) Because it's such a pain to lock, it's often left unlocked when guests are coming and going, which raises some minor security concerns.

• 7th Aug 2015

Hello and thanks for your feedback. We are looking into switching all of our locks to a key card style system. Unfortunately this is still a few months away as we are in the peak of summer still, but this is on the horizon. Thanks! Pete

Fun place no matter your age. Unusual hostel: Free breakfast, tour company operates out of lobby and organizes a different tour each day for nominal fee.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7