SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Wonderful hostel. Right in the downtown core, easy to get public transit anywhere, the staff were all friendly and helpful, has a wonderful bar/restaurant inside, and the rooms/facilities were perfect. One of the best I've ever experienced.

Awesome place to stay in vancouver. Will stay there every time i visit:) staff are awesome. Activities every night is great for meeting people. Keep getting heaps of emails for a review thou?

This place was fantastic! My brother and I stayed here on during a short trip on the west coast. The rooms and washrooms were clean, staff was friendly, and the security was top notch! On top of that, it's close to several of the major attractions downtown and only a 5 minute walk from the Skytrain. Would recommend this place to anyone!

• 17th Feb 2014

The hostel was fantastic. Everyone there seemed to be great and easy going. The staff was very helpful as I had several questions. Great location but the area's nightlife is poor if you're looking for anything other than nightclubs full of teenagers. Overall, I would stay here again and recommend to other travelers.

The great point about the hostel is the location, it is on the Downtown. Close to almost every atraction in the city, you can take buses to everywhere in one or two blocks . Walking is also a good option if you want to. I can't tell about the dorms, because we booked a private room, it was clean, not shinning but clean. The breakfast is basic, bread, butter, milk, coffe, juice and fruit, it is included. They have cheap food and drinks from 4PM to 2AM. Also they organize activities everyday

Its a good hostel with an incredibly great location. The center of the city. But its basically for teenagers, and there is not a lot of interaction in the hostel. I think it lacks some activities to help in this situation. For example, organizing a pub crawl could be a good idea.

Hello and thanks for the feedback. We offer brewery tours once a week, that's almost like a pub crawl, right? We do go to multiple breweries on it, so I think we earned half a point. =P Cheers Pete

Breakfast is pretty boring. I didn't find the staff very friendly. I felt like as a guest here I was being treated like a child, being told to give in my key before I could cook in the kitchen... very unpleasant feelings created by that rule. I felt like the place was too big and not a great hostel atmosphere. The actual bedrooms are organised well though, with lights and power points on each bed.

Hello, Thanks for the feedback. The reason we take the keys is so that people wash up after themselves and leave the kitchen in good shape for the next guests. This system works quite well for everyone. Just so other readers are aware of what our breakfast is, it's bagels, muffins, toast, fruit salad, coffee, tea and juice. Cheers! Pete

Great place to stay, friendly staff, decent rooms and handy having a bar downstairs!

• 7th Feb 2014

Great hostel. Loved the cheap food and drinks at the bar downstairs. Went on 3 tours with Stephanie which were awesome.

This place was so much fun I didn't want to leave! Perfect location that's within walking distance to everything in this beautiful city. Really good value for money at the Beaver bar with drink and dinner specials. And the daily activities run by Steph are top notch! I was surprised to have this service offered by a hostel, it's great. All the staff here are super cool as well. I'll definitely stay here again, thanks.

I stayed in the Vancouver Samesun Backpackers for one Day and I enjoyed ever single second of it. The staff was super friendly and helped me out with all my questions and their knowledge about the local environment, they even had little texts prepared with descriptions how to get where and how. Like in the other Samesun Hostel I stayed in before the atmosphere was amazing, the hostel itself was very clean due to the busy workers which frequently cleaned the amenities. I'll definetely come back

Guys on the staff are really nice and kind. Thank you for a great experience :)

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Mexico

Squeaky beds and limited bathroom facilities were my only concerns. Apart form that everything was great.

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel, the staff were all really friendly and there was a great atmosphere. Stephanie lead some great day trips, most of them being free is a great thing for travellers, so thank you! Everything was overall really great!

This is the place to stay when you're in Vancouver! The hostel has everything you could possibly need. The staff are great, the bar has cheap drinks and the location is prime. Don't waste your time looking at any other hostels, stay here and have fun!

The bathroom door was broken, the toilette did not flush and the bed was not very comfortable.

• 15th Jan 2014

Awesome location, right in the center of downtown. Can't beat the burger and a beer deal for $6 in the beaver bar downstairs. Good rooms and beds. Please replace the pillows they are terrible. Best thing about the hostel is the daily activities and events in the bar. Steph does a great job at organising these. All of the staff are super friendly and helpful. Have extended my stay for 2 weeks. Would recommend to everyone!

Great location, friendly staff and awesome atmosphere.

Great place to stay, bar is awesome with lots of events on etc. If you are wanting to sleep for some reason I'd definitely suggest a pair of earplugs!

• 9th Jan 2014

Nice hostel, awesome set up, the bar is really cool, it'd be great if it was open earlier/all hours for drinks or coffee.

• 6th Jan 2014