SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Great hostel! Good facilities and super clean. The atmosphere in the common room isn't great due to people excessively using the wifi to look for jobs/apartments. However, the bar downstairs has a good vibe and the free trips they run from the hostel everyday are a great way to meet people and see the city. Stephanie is fantastic at running the trips and is really friendly. Would definitely recommend staying here as a single traveler.

Had an amazing time at samesun the crew in the bar were great and the location is perfect for going out! Will be back 4sure!

Apart from the location the SameSun was a terrible hostel. Would recommend travellers to head up to whistler or Banff if they have enough time as the hostels and attmosphere are significantly better.

Hello, I wish you had told us a bit more as to why you didn't like us but I will shoot you an email to follow up. It sounds to me like you like the smaller hostels better, as Whistler (2 hours away) and Banff (11 hours away) are much smaller cities. Hope you enjoyed all the scenery on the way to both of those places! Cheers Pete

Good location and great staff who are friendly and willing to help. Great hostel for anyone looking for an accessible place and not too fussy with the dorms.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

overall a great experience. It's a little pricey and the beds squeeze terribly, but the staff was helpful and friendly and place was clean and in a pretty good location.

Great hostel that is practically in the heart of downtown. with some lovely staff, including Steff who did a lot of my day trips, she was really assertive and knew the areas well, and easy to talk to about anything really. The place was pretty clean as well, like seriously the staff loved (probably didn't) to do the bathrooms a lot, and have their weekly cleaning bonanza around the hostel as well. breakfast is good, but if your a gluten free girl like myself probably best to get your own.

• 24th Jun 2014

Central location, walking distance to basically everywhere. It is an older building so rooms got hot, they provide fans in the rooms to compensate. Breakfast was provided (not every hostel does this) but it was fairly basic. Staff were always really approachable.

• 22nd Jun 2014

This is a very very good hostel. Has a great atmosphere as there is a bar in the bottom. comes with free breakfast and nice staff. only problem: beds are squeky

• 22nd Jun 2014

I really like my stay at the SameSun Backpacker lodge! The staff was really nice and the atmosphere was great! The rooms are clean also the washrooms! Also when u need help to get somewhere they always help u out or they have a paper with the diraction directions! The only thing what I didn't like was the beds in my room were super noisy!

Pretty good hostel. The security is good, the staff are approachable, it's cleaned often, wifi was decent (the best I've seen in a large/busy hostel like this). It's pretty social, so if you're a solo traveller you'll be fine here. Each bed has an individual fan and shelf. Main complaint would be the squeaky beds and the rooms being quite stuffy even though it was cool outside.

Location is perfect, room are comfortable, but the bunkbed are a little bit noisy while people were moving during their sleep. I was on the 1st floor and the room was quiet (not that much noise from the outside, even if it is downtown during Canada Day weekend !) The Staff and the breakfast is also perfect ! Had a little bit trouble with the shower because the water was spilling on the walls instead of me and it take a long time to have hot water even outside busy hours !

Hostel good tho they force you to sit when you go to the bar for a drink. If you have a room by the street you get to hear the crazy nightlife all night long.

Hello, Thanks for your feedback. We don't have a bar license, so that is why you aren't able to stand anywhere, just a legal issue. Plus, sitting is easier on the legs. =P Cheers Pete

I spent four days here, but I could have easily enjoyed a few weeks here. Vancouver is beautiful, and there's no better place to see it from! Go to Deep Cove and kayak!

This hostel was in a really good location right in the city centre. 6 bed rooms were too cramped

Nice place to stay for several days. There is a lot of accommodations and things to do around.

• 18th Jun 2014

Great welcome. Helpful staff. 4 bedded room was comfortable.As a more mature person was made to feel one of the gang. Good quiz in evening!

• 18th Jun 2014

The staff was very helpful and nice. It was great that the hostel had a bar, and organized daily activities. The rooms however were a bit cramped. I stayed in a 6 person bedroom, but it was extremely small. The bathrooms, were great, showers had hot water and nice pressure. The location is also really good, its close to a metro station and its literally in the middle of all the pubs, so there are plenty of places to go drink. I had a good time, and look forward to visiting again!

Its good for group travellers to stay, but not recommend to individual traveller. I got stolen in this hostel, which makes me very angry and the staff seems dosen't care at all. Also the bathroom is really occupied in the morning because there aer only two toilets and two basins in the male washing room...in addition.. you can't use it from 7:30-8:30 am because of hotel cleaning.

Hello, We did look hard for your towel but couldn't find it anywhere. Perhaps it ended up in someones laundry by mistake? In any case we will still let you know if it turns up. Our bathroom cleaning times in the morning are 6:30-7:30, but it is only one floor at a time, so there are still several other washrooms you can use. Hope you enjoyed Vancouver regardless. Cheers Pete

The building seemed very old. Could use some new paint and the washrooms need a lot of love. Wash room “clean up time” is in the morning for an hour. Not the best time. Mainly very unhappy with the price and the way it is advertized on the website. It is super unclear as how the rooms actually work. we made plans for 3 days and booked. I had made an error on the travel date and called in to fix it. When I spoke to the person on the phone I informed them it was going to be 4 people for 3 days. When we got t

• 13th Jun 2014

Hello, Sorry to hear you had difficulties using the Hostelworld website. It looks like we had everything all good for your booking in a 6 bed room for 4 people. Were you thinking there would be no one else in the room? Hope you enjoyed Vancouver regardless. Cheers Pete

Please put a chair in rooms for those on the top bunks. I hate putting shoes on sitting on the floor. Good hostel