SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

My boyfriend and I had a great stay at the samesun in van! The staff was really helpful and friendly. The atmosphere was also chill and we were very impressed by the private rooms.

• 20th Mar 2015

Didn't spend a whole lot of time at the hostel, other than right in the morning or just before bed. But it really had all you could ask for. Great little pub downstairs, and great common area. Didn't use the kitchen but one of the best I've seen at a hostel. Also cool little theatre room, nice touch! Was very clean and safe and the staff are super helpful. I'd stay there again, great location and proximity to downtown area.

Great location for clubs and bars. In the heart of the city. Security was good, but sometimes people in my room didnt always lock the door. Which was a great concern. Also when checking out the staff member was extremely rude and when i asked him his name he would not comply. That last 5 minutes turned my whole experience around. The last thing i remember about this hostel was some guy being rude and me saying i wont stay here again. Which is a shame because the location is great to party

• 16th Mar 2015

Hello and thanks for the feedback. I'll email you to find out more about what happened as it sounds like there was a miscommunication here. Cheers, Pete

Great breakfast

• 15th Mar 2015

Great location, perfect hostel for young people who wanna see Vancouver and meet people!

• 14th Mar 2015

Comfy beds, clean bathrooms, good location and a very popular hostel which made it easy to meet people and enjoy my stay!

Room was dirty. No elevator, and luggage storage system doesn't look secure.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Hello and thanks for the feedback. Just to let everyone know that we do have security cameras in our luggage room. And yes it's true, we don't have an elevator, but we will help you with your bags in exchange for a high-five. regards Pete

Great breakfast. Also really enjoyed the food served in the bar (very well priced) and the drinks. Excellent range of value-for-money tours offered. Convenient location.

• 5th Mar 2015

Friendly staff with great recommendations for local activities and good eats. I look forward to staying here again!

• 4th Mar 2015

bed sheets were dirty... Bathroom was dirty ...

Vancouver itself was not very exciting, but the hostel made up for that. Great atmosphere and a lot going on!

This place is amazing! Most comfortable beds, great staff, awesome vibe. Ended up staying an extra week!

I only stayed here for one night. The location is excellent. It made for a great stay: comfortable, cozy, great amenities and helpful staff. I would definitely stay again. I could hear music from the bar area into the wee hours so if that bothers you bring earplugs or ask for a room a little farther from the pub area. Enjoy your stay!

Mint place I wish u was there longer !!

This hostel is awesome. A really friendly atmosphere makes you feel home. Breakfast is really good!

it is unacceptable to have so few washrooms available for women. in a hostel of that size, the washrooms should be fixed as quickly as possible. that might be what's happening, but as the lack of washrooms right now is mentioned neither on the site nor by the staff when checking in, its impossible to tell. when you have to get up, walk five minutes, and wait for the limited washrooms first thing in the morning it really affects ones quality of sleep.

Hello and thanks for your feedback. We are renovating our last bathrooms at the moment and they should be done within the week. There are large washrooms on all the other floors as well, and I hope you didn't have to wait too long for them. Thanks for your understanding! Pete

Great spot downtown Vancouver super friendly folks.

Amazing place, with something to do every night. The bar downstairs is a great place to eat or meet people. The staff are incredibly welcoming. checked in for a night, stayed for over a week.

• 10th Feb 2015

Fantastic bar, fantastic location, fantastic staff. You can't beat it!

• 10th Feb 2015

I stayed at many hostels across the world and this one had the best staff, very helpfull bunch. Location could not be any better.

• 6th Feb 2015