SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Great atmosphere! Great people! Great time!

• 29th Dec 2015

The hostel and my staying there were amazing. I had so much fun doing the cheap activities offered by the hostel. The facilities are efficient and clean. Kitchen and movie room perfectly working, washrooms always clean. The staff was always helpful and friendly and the Beaver was a great place to spend some time in. Also, free breakfast which was great! Prices are absolutely affordable considering area (very central, 5 min from train station) and services. I'll definitely be back again!

Beds were comfy, atmosphere is set up appropriately to meet new people, breakfast is good (not a full breakfast, but has all the basics you need, not just bread). Great hostel!

Staff are helpful when asked direct questions. For first timers, having pamphlets of things to do and see in Vancouver would be helpful. I think the staff may have access to information but it is not kept in plain sight. If the hostel provided a list of top ten things based on their experience, that would be a plus. I have seen this at other places.

• 24th Dec 2015
  • myhudds

I had a great stay with the SameSun. The staff was very friendly and make me feel right at home. Everything was clean and there was a great security system to keep non-guests out. The dorm room I was in was equipped with everything I needed and the mattresses were very comfy. The breakfast was good as well. This was my second time staying here and I would definitely stay here again.

Felt like in a bordding school

• 20th Dec 2015

I had a great stay at SameSun! Everyone was very friendly, it was clean, and I felt safe :)

Lovely helpful staff, happy to answer any qestions that are asked. Good local knowledge. Clean facilities and good atmosphere.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Clean place, good amenities and services, didn't need laundry so not sure how that would be. Breakfast is okay, it's free so hey. The staff were a little dry, the staff member I was speaking with was interrupted by another staff member for a good minute or so, no apology or anything. Not the greatest staff.

It's always a pleasure to stay here, it's not my first time and it will definitely not be the last, this guys always make me feel very welcome! As well as meeting with people is one of the many perks of this place. Don't forget to try one of their daily trips they offer!

• 16th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

Location was fantastic!! People were super friendly and the atmosphere was great! One thing is it was quite loud but that's to be expected when staying hostel

Samesun Vancouver is amazing! I stayed for one night, and it was awesome. I was staying with a friend on Vancouver island so when I came back to Vancouver for my flight I had like 5 hours to kill. I had a lot of backpacking gear and needed a place to put it and Samesun was awesome enough to let me keep it there while I explored the city before my flight. I recommend if you are looking for a place to stay, go there! The staff is amaze balls and help out a lot!

• 15th Dec 2015

Big thanks to the team that keep clean the bathroom

The Beaver is the perfect place to randomly sit down next to someone and get chatting! I had a great couple of nights.

• 10th Dec 2015

+ nice atmosphere, lots of people: easy to meet people if you are travelling solo, pretty nice breakfast, amazing location, helpful staff. - it an old filthy big house, even thou they clean the bathrooms twice per day, it's never really clean because there are lots of people and the place is kind of old. Bed are noisy and not sturdy. The rooms me are really small.

The hostel is huge but great. Personnel is very professional and friendly, hostel is organized like a clock :) Location is extremely good - in the heart of the city, wifi works well. Each bad has its own reading lamp, multiple power outlets, small shelf and the bunker for stuff. Borrowing frying pans for eggs in exchange for room keys - is bit pain-ish, but I understand that probably many went missing.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Great location on Granville, clean, common area is nice, easy to meet people. They have activities each day and there's a bar downstairs. Plus there's vegemite at breakfast! ;)

The wires in the rooms worried my mom, she was afraid of an electrical fire. Besides that, our stay was more than perfect and way above everyone's expectations!

This hostel is perfect for people looking for somewhere to stay in the city, close to the nightlife and who want a social hostel. The staff are great and entertaining, the activities are a great way to see the city and meet new people. And The Beaver is just so much fun! Very well run hostel

Nice, big, clean kitchen to use. The common area is nice and the wifi worked for me throughout the building. Having a bar downstairs is great although, and take it from someone who now lives in Vancouver, try out other bars in the area. The only downside to this place is it's lack of "communal" feel but of course that comes with it being a big hostel - very hard to meet people if you're riding solo. Great all in all and the location is the best you can get in Vancouver!