SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Vancouver itself was not very exciting, but the hostel made up for that. Great atmosphere and a lot going on!

This place is amazing! Most comfortable beds, great staff, awesome vibe. Ended up staying an extra week!

I only stayed here for one night. The location is excellent. It made for a great stay: comfortable, cozy, great amenities and helpful staff. I would definitely stay again. I could hear music from the bar area into the wee hours so if that bothers you bring earplugs or ask for a room a little farther from the pub area. Enjoy your stay!

Mint place I wish u was there longer !!

it is unacceptable to have so few washrooms available for women. in a hostel of that size, the washrooms should be fixed as quickly as possible. that might be what's happening, but as the lack of washrooms right now is mentioned neither on the site nor by the staff when checking in, its impossible to tell. when you have to get up, walk five minutes, and wait for the limited washrooms first thing in the morning it really affects ones quality of sleep.

Hello and thanks for your feedback. We are renovating our last bathrooms at the moment and they should be done within the week. There are large washrooms on all the other floors as well, and I hope you didn't have to wait too long for them. Thanks for your understanding! Pete

Great spot downtown Vancouver super friendly folks.

Amazing place, with something to do every night. The bar downstairs is a great place to eat or meet people. The staff are incredibly welcoming. checked in for a night, stayed for over a week.

• 10th Feb 2015

Fantastic bar, fantastic location, fantastic staff. You can't beat it!

• 10th Feb 2015

I stayed at many hostels across the world and this one had the best staff, very helpfull bunch. Location could not be any better.

• 6th Feb 2015

Great hostel! Will be staying at there other locations!

I've stayed at the Samesun in Banff and found it the same. Staff were super friendly and keen to give good advice. IT's also a great hostel to meet other travellers.

• 30th Jan 2015

great atmosphere and location! really cool bar in the bottom of the hostel. would stay again

Overall this place has a great atmosphere! I met some really amazing people here! The activities are very well organised and get everyone together. The free breakfast was a really great way to start the day. My only gripe was that the gap between the doors in the bathrooms meant that people walking past could see me doing my business.

• 28th Jan 2015

Great hostel. Friendly staff. Did well to keep it running and well cleaned with so many people using the hostel. Packed full of Aussies! Great location, right on Granville where the night life is. All the guests seem to have respect for each other, including at night time. Showers each had an individual changing area. Most guests in the lounge area kept themselves to themselves, a few were more social though. I would stay here again

It was my first time in a Hostel in Canada exapte one night in Victoria. I normally stayed via couchsurfing but I would defenetly book again if I am in Vancouver. The staff was all the time friendly and helpful. For an inklusiv breakfast was it very nice. I only stayed during weekdays so I don´t know how noisy it is in weekends but I was very suprised that it was so easy to sleep. Even the homeless people didn´t borthered me, I think in winter its normal in Vancouver.

• 26th Jan 2015

Great location to spend your stay in Vancouver at! Awesome atmosphere - people, who travel alone and do not want to be lonely will be easily able to get in touch with many other guests there!

Advoid this place unless u want to stay in tough area and just get drunk

• 23rd Jan 2015

Hello, Not too sure what you mean about a tough area. We are located right in the center of downtown, across from another hostel as well. Because we are central there are certainly options for drinking, but that also means that you can get anywhere in this amazing city and do anything you want to do quite easily. I recommend doing both, as Vancouver has many amazing sites and places to eat and drink. Cheers and safe travels, Pete

It's ok overall. It is located right on the bar and club street, and of course it is a little bit noisy outside. But if you are the person who likes to have fun at night, this is the right hostel you can choose. Besides, it's quite convenient if you would like to grab some coffee nearby, hit a convenient store or market, and buy some local designed clothes. Just that I think the cleanliness can be better, because it is a little bit dirty around corner somehow.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Taiwan
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I really enjoyed my stay the rooms are great fitted out with powerpoints next to beds, individual fans and reading lamps :) my favorite part was the daily activities where the staff took us on tours of the city, highly reccomend ;)

• 21st Jan 2015

The hostel was way too noisy - thin walls and you could hear the music from downstairs blasting even after the quiet hours. Small showers - barely had room to move, though it was clean. Dorm rooms and storage lockers were spacious, though pretty dirty. The matress I had was old and sunk down in the middle. Staff was friendly and helpful.