SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Great hostel to meet people! Loved the activities since that is a) a great way to explore the city and things around the city without being exploited and b) meet fellow backpackers! The breakfast muffins as well as the fruit salad were amazing as well :)

• 17th Jun 2015

Great stay

Awesome hostel! The location is perfect and the atmosphere is chill.

Big and spacious hostel. Breakfast is basic, bagels with cheese/jam. There are activities during the night, which was a good way to socialize, but the separation between the common room and the bar made it hard to connect and meet new people. Rooms are lacking AC, which is really annoying in the hot summer days. They have a storage room and have a place to put your bikes for the night. Security is very good, the code is changed every day + lockers in the room. Good hostel, not amazing.

Slightly larger in room lockers would be an asset but otherwise a great hostel. Good wifi, decent free breakfast (more coffee cups needed though) and free luggage storage facilities!

• 14th Jun 2015

This was my first time at a hostel and I have to say this experience has made me want to come back again. Same sun had over all an amazing atmosphere. Our trip started off a little rough but thanks to the great staff it got worked out. Specifically Blair, who helped us out a lot with our room situation and made our stay as comfortable as possible. The whole staff was so friendly and I was deffinetly pleased with my stay! Thanks samesun!

• 14th Jun 2015

Great atmosphere and great breakfasts! Also the staff were really friendly/useful for giving us information and helping us to book trips. Great kitchen facilities also.

• 13th Jun 2015

Giles at front desk was great. Room was great for passing out after a night out. Breakfast was awesome. Loved he moose decor

• 13th Jun 2015

Good atmosphere nice location and great breakfast :)

Great experience.loved the breakfast

Good hostel, a bit pricey, but so is Vancouver. Would stay here again!

All the staff are really kind and helpful. Location is also good, close to everywhere in downtown area. It could be a bit bustling on the weekend but the building is totally secured and I had no problem with it. Definitely coming back again!

Had so much fun at the samesun vancouver...great activities, comfortable beds and very clean. They also have the best free breakfast ive ever had in a hostel! The front desk staff were all really friendly, especially Matthew who helped me a lot when I lost my phone.

Front desk staff were wonderful! Good location, right downtown Vancouver, walking distance from everything. Facility could be improved, I stayed for 1 week and had a few issues with maintenance. My door lock had been changed and the new keys we were given were not working. Building was quite humid, my bedroom window was open the entire week. Bathrooms were small, always waiting for a stall, sink or shower. The kitchen was very spacious and clean. No elevator and big stairs was an inconvenience.

• 29th May 2015

Massive hostel - must be around 300 people capacity. Only 3 bathrooms on each floor (so 9 in total) which seems insane for the number of people - but actually, it never was a problem. Never had to wait for a shower or cubicle. The daily activities were a great way for single travellers to meet other folk and the breakfast was also excellent.

Pros: right in the city centre - location is particularly good for night life, free daily events organised by staff, attracts a wide range of cool young travelers, good common area both upstairs with pool table and downstairs in the hostel-run pub, laundry, large kitchen, coded doors, spacious in-room lockers. left-luggage room, free breakfast, decent wifi. Cons: slightly grubby in places. Overall: this is a professionally-run, yet warm and inviting place. best in my trip of north america.

Great location, awesome breakfast, great staff......Will always stay here.

Good hostel, clean, nice staff. Bedrooms are small and wifi sucks. Breakfast is great.

When I arrived, the staff was really friendly. Ive been beento hostels around the world and this one by far is the most maintained and clean. They have daily activities and happy hours so that you can meet folks. IIt enriched my travel experience in Vancouver. Thanks!

• 21st May 2015

Great hostel! Location, location, location.

• 21st May 2015