SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

I came in there with my best friend and we LOVE IT!! we'd be back to visit way more often now! P.s.... That lamb burger BLEW MY MIND!

The atmosphere at the hostel was amazing. Everyone was nice and it's a place where you meet a lot of new interresting people. It's a big mixing pot of cultures, which makes it amazing.

• 31st May 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Very knowledgable of area. Excellent breakfast and good value meals.

• 30th May 2014

Fantastic location, amazing brekky bagels, fun activities and buzzing atmosphere. You'll meet both old and new friends here.

great location, super clean and friendly.

It was a lively environment, although I did not get to be in the same room as my partner (it was a very busy weekend.) Overall it was a good stay for a younger crowd looking for a little excitement.

• 24th May 2014

Loved the daily social activities and the social environment created by the in house bar and restaurant. Great value and great fun hostel.

Great place to stay. Always busy, easy to meet people. Staff always willing to help. Good location. Wifi gets annoying having to log in all the time, but generally good. Met some great friends in my week stay here.

Decent enough for a short stay. Staff are helpful and knowledgeable and the 24/7 access is useful. The rooms were pretty dark and gritty and bathrooms likewise, they could certainly do with improving and refurbishing. Free breakfast is ok, nothing that special. They do make sure you can have fun here though, there are activities, tours, day trips organised by the hostel that will keep you busy and meeting others which is always nice when you're travelling solo

Overall a much nicer than average hostel. Only complaint I have is the super soft saggy beds but other than that a great place.

The hostel is right on the party mile. Clubs and bars next to it. Atmosphere was good.

Great place, in a good location. Easy to meet other people in the bar downstairs and quite a few activities organized by the hostel. Rooms are a little cramped.

Stayed here for 4 nights in total over a week and would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to stay in Downtown Vancouver. Very clean and well maintained. Great price and free breakfast every morning which was great

Great hostel, fab central location to explore Vancouver. Big communal kitchen and common room and lots of activities planned every day. Top breakfast every morning. Only downsides, my room was tiny but then it is a hostel and at night it was very loud outside as we were at the front of the hostel and needed the window open as it was so hot! Would stay here again though

Great location friendly staff. A good choice

• 9th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Excellent hostel to stay at. Only drawback is the shared bathrooms have very small shower stalls. Otherwise, all is well.

Stayed at a few hostels on Van this is the best good location, good staff, free breakfast great people and atmosphere

I really loved my stay here. Big lockers for all of our stuff, big shared bathrooms on each floor which were cleaned regularly, big kitchen

First backpackers I have ever stayed in. Was awesome, definitely will be staying with them again on my next trip to Canada. Staff were awesome and friendly, facilities were good and kept very clean. Free wifi is great for travelers. Had an awesome stay. Highly recommended!

• 1st May 2014

Actually, the room with bad ventilation.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hello, we do have large windows in all our rooms and individual fans on all the beds. I'm afraid there's not much else we can do at the moment. Hope you enjoyed your time in Vancouver! Cheers