SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Everyone was super nice and helpful!

awesome hostel, great staff! would def recommend

• 23rd Nov 2015

Same sun was such an amazing hostel experience! The staff couldn't be more helpful or friendly. It's clean, safe, and accommodating with a very central location. Fun night life surround the hostel as well as gas town just a 15 minute walk up the road. Daily affordable(and sometimes free!) excursions and activities arranged for you by the staff. Such a wonderful experience.

• 20th Nov 2015

Amazing time! Great atmosphere and the staff were all beyond helpful with absolutely anything I needed a hand with. Definitely recommend, particularly if you are on a working holiday as they help you get set up in Canada

• 15th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Overall my stay at the hostel was pretty great but I think this was mostly due to the other people staying and the great atmosphere. There was a lot of conflicting information given to people regarding bar charges and the wifi is not great. Also there is no lift which is ridiculous for a place with so many floors. Please note that this place is for those who are keen on loud, party atmosphere. I stayed for more than 5 days which I believe is too much. They have a great breakfast platter!

Hello. I wouldn't say that we are a party hostel, but we are definitely a social hostel. During your stay which was the week before a lot of the hills opened, we had many new arrivals of people heading up to work the ski season. In general when this happens, there is always a bit more noise and party atmosphere for sure. But like I said, overall we are more of a social hostel, which means that people still have fun and there are lots of activities, but we keep a lid on the noise. Cheers Pete

We arrived very late at night due to accidents on the highway so we called the hostel earlier and they said no problem since they have 24hr reception. When we arrived, the person at the reception was extremely unfriendly and very rudely told us that we were put down as no shows. We had a very long day so it was especially unpleasant to arrive at our hostel feeling completely unwelcome by the staff. The hostel itself is alright with decent facilities and the location is very good.

• 11th Nov 2015

Hello and thanks for braving the highways to Vancouver! They have been pretty rough so far this November. I will be following up with our night staff regarding your issues as we certainly don't want to make anyone feel unwelcome, especially after a long day like that. Cheers and safe travels, Pete

I had a good time here, not overly remarkable but it was pleasant.

The location is really great as it is quite in the middle and the next train station is just four blocks away! The hostel was clean and the staff nice. I have to admit at times it was a bit loud, but maybe I just had "bad luck" as my room was next to the stairs^^ and I am not the total party type so maybe this might influence the opinion too^^

The whole hostel stinks. Sorry about the vocabulary but that's the exact smell. Mostly the lounge. It's impossible to stay there. I couldn't stay there for more than 3 minutes. That was every single day, at all times. The whole hostel stinks like that but the it's even stronger at the lounge. That gives a false feel of dirtiness. The showers are too small although the whole shower and changing area is good. The cleanliness of the bathrooms is pretty good compared to other hostels.

Hello, Thanks for staying with us. Not sure of the odor you are speaking of as I was just in the common room myself, but I'm going to follow up with housekeeping and get an air freshener or two up in there just in case. Safe travels, Pete Assistant Manager

Great place and people ! Had a great time .

• 6th Nov 2015

Very good quality comfortable mattress and bedding.

It was a wonderful first hostel experience!

• 30th Oct 2015

Fantastic location, very friendly staff, comfy beds. Little bit loud, but it's above a bar in the entertainment district, and also was Halloween weekend, but not obnoxiously. WiFi was a bit spotty in the rooms, and I wish the kitchen didn't close at midnight, but pretty minor quibbles. Definitely would recommend, especially if you're looking for more of a fun, lively stay, versus quiet and relaxed.

It was nice to go to Vancouver and to get to stay at such a vibrant place. It was really busy and happening! I loved the bar area and breakfast was DELICIOUS. Also, whatever mint smelling air freshener that they use smells SO GOOD! Seriously, BEST smelling Hostel that I've ever been to!!! The only thing I would recommend that could get better are the conditions of the pillows, a little toooooo yellow for my taste :/ Aside from that the bathrooms were pretty clean and so was the kitchen ;)

• 25th Oct 2015

Had a great time at the Samesun Vancouver, all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the location was solid, the day trip to Lynn Canyon was fantastic. Only thing would be to perhaps offer lunch but that's a null point really as there is plenty around to satisfy your hunger.

Great atmosphere, good beds!

Excellent location. Fantastic team members, all very helpful. Love the individual fan, light & locker assigned to each person.

SameSun is a great place to meet new people and has a pleasant global atmosphere. The neighborhood is pretty happening and loud, but it is quite central to everything. There are daily tours/activities (which we did not have time to do) but word around the hostel was that they are fun and worthwhile. The staff is great, super helpful, friendly people. And the rooms/bathrooms are clean and adequate. We'd stay here again!

Great location in the center of the night life. Very big and busy, so it's a little harder to meet people. Loud outside, so if you aren't into the party and drinking scene I would stay elsewhere. I had a great time here - loved the bar downstairs and the proximity to everything. Lots of hostel activities and great breakfast options for free! I wish I could have stayed longer and done some of the tours and seen more of nature. BRING SHOWER SHOES! It's pretty clean, shower shoes are a must.

Great hostel, free breakfast was treat! Good location in the middle of Vancouver and the staff were all very helpful. Good bar, kitchen and common room and not too expensive.