SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night and left feeling a little less cute than when we arrived. A strange urine-y smell permeated our floor, and drove us to try and spend most of our stay out in the city. Other than that the woman at the front desk new her stuff and was very helpful. They seemed to have a good social vibe going downstairs too. Nothing fancy, and pretty severely over priced for what you're getting, but there are worse places out there.

Vey good stay and vey good location on Granville street. Staff are very helpful and provide a very good breakfast. Keep up the good work people.

Stayed Monday-Saturday and got drunk every night with people from around the world

• 13th Apr 2015

The breakfast was outstanding, all you could eat and huge bowls of fresh cut fruit.

Well done guys. Definetly one of the greatest hostel I've ever stayed at.

Had an awesome first visit to Vancouver, great location, fun friendly staff made the trip that much better! Ended up visiting the aquarium from all the input from the guests and staff! Will be going back and staying with the samesun again in the near future! Thanks for making my first trip to Vancouver amazing!

• 10th Apr 2015

Something for everyone Highly recommend the hostel

Great location! Staff were super friendly, and helpful! Fun nights out at the Beaver. Special shout-out to Giles for making my stay extra welcoming.

• 7th Apr 2015

Staff are knowledgable and the breakfast is excellent! The daily activities are a great way to get to know the city. The beds are new and comfortable.

Amaazing location. The beaver is overrated and the girl who served me was very rude. The night reception guy was super helpful and polite I can only remember he was from Germany. bathrooms and lounge were always clean. Room smaller than other hostels ive stayed at. Had a room facing the road so earplugs a must! would definitely stay again!!

The beds were brand new and some of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Along with their mandatory quiet hours in the corridors near the rooms, it made it very easy to sleep, rest, and recharge before heading out the next day. Because there is a common room and bar downstairs, people could also stay up and party--the sound didn't come through and bug those trying to sleep. Best hostel I've been to overall.

Clean, comfortable, good facilities and an excellent location if you want to be central. Free breakfast is great, staff were friendly. Highly recommend The Mexican across the road for a good feed too! Definitely one of the nicer big hostels I've stayed at.

Pretty mediocre hostel. The facilities, amenities, bedding, etc are all fairly old and run down. Walls and doors are paper thin, so you can hear just about everything. You're sharing three showers, two toilets and two basins - all next to each other - with an entire floor. Leads to a pretty deplorable state of cleanliness. The private rooms also aren't worth the extra money, being located right next to the bathrooms. Quality of activities can vary from week to week. Location is good though.

SameSun was AWESOME!! The staff was super nice, the bar was a lot of fun, and I met so many cool people there! Everyone is so friendly and inviting. I would definitely stay here again :)

• 28th Mar 2015

My favorite hostel in all my travel I would say. Really amazing staff and atmosphere! Clean room, bathroom and kitchen, good breakfast and nice tours that give you the chance to discover the city AND make friends! Just do it.

Friendly and knowledgeable staff, great open/common areas, but bathroom are inconveniently located but not that big of a deal. Centrally located in a pretty lively area so it could get a bit noisy but remember is a hostel, not a hotel. Overall, I am very satisfied with the choice.

• 26th Mar 2015

Samesun was a great hostel for spring break(-ing)!! It had a big common room to foster good atmosphere and pre-drinking games before going out. The staff was great and the (basically) free day activities were a nice excuse to get out of the city and see vancouvers wilderness...

Great hostel. Ended up extending my sty. Staff are fantastic and there's always something happening in the bar down stairs. I'm a solo female traveller and feel 100% comfortable here

SameSun Hostel was AMAZING for our experience in Vancouver. We were with a group of 9 and utilized the in hostel bar and breakfast everyday. Dan at the front counter was awesome as well.

Don't have enough good things to say about Samesun. Staff were excellent, and understanding of any issue, location was fantastic, security was extremely well-implemented, and the facilities were again perfect! Special thanks to Dan for all his help throughout my stay!