SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

The facilities were all really clean and I faced no problems at all during my stay at Samesun. There were activities planned everyday and the participation rate was fantastic; everyone was really sporting and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast provided was great and is really enough to fill you up in preparation for a day out; either in the city or out on the trails. Centrally located with no lack of dining options. Overall an exceptionally great experience staying at Samesun!

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Singapore

One thing I would like to say if we had are own covers or sheets that we may use them on the beds because wanted to use own instead, when I got to the room I felt that stuff had been left around from people before using the room like tents bottles of wine just left lying around maybe remove these before we get there. Thanks

• 30th Sep 2015

This was a great location. A little hard to find by car because the directions haven't been changed and there is construction blocking the roads they say to use. The hostel itself is great. I would definitely stay there again. If you are there when the scavenger hunt is going on do it!!! Great staff!!!!

Great hostel in a great location. Good atmosphere with a bar at the bottom of the hostel.

It was a great stay. The employees seems nice and loved their job. The location was on a busy party street with many things to do and many places to eat. Wifi was sort of bad on my room but the common areas were great for wifi. The bar downstairs was fun and the breakfast was good! I will stay again!

• 22nd Sep 2015

I was sitting on a couch outside of my room to use the outlet as the outlets in my room were on the lower wall & I was on the top bunk. It was midnight & the girls in my dorm were sleeping & I didn't want to disturb them. While on my phone, a staff told me I wasn't aloud to sit there & had to move to the common room 10 feet away, but there was a bunch of drunk men in there & I didn't want to.She rudely told me I had no choice & had to leave immediately.I was upset she didn't respect my worries

Hello and thanks for the feedback. The area in question is right outside a few dorm rooms which is why we ask people to move along as the sound from someone speaking can carry into the rooms. We do allow people to use that area in quiet time as long as they are not on the phone or talking. There are a few other common areas in the hostel that could be used for calls. If you come back, please ask the desk and they can direct you to them. Cheers, Pete

Amazing hostel! Bar downstairs is cool (and cheap) and good for meeting people from the hostel. The activities organised by the hostel are popular and the staff leading the trips are great too. Great breakfast!

Helpful, generous, friendly staff!

An awesome hostel with great daily activities, friendly staff and an awesome bar.

• 16th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Loved the activities that were run each day - did a couple of great hikes that I probably wouldn't have done otherwise. Staff were really helpful for everything. Wifi was very average upstairs in the dorms.

Good people . Efficient, accommodating and personable. Would definitely stay here again.

Decent hostel, lockers easily broken Into was a worry, but other that good! good activities and fairly clean. Vancouvers sketchy neighbourhood around this area has a slightly negative effect on the atmosphere and the way the bar is setup doesn't really foster socialisation with others, but was fairl cheap and relatively friendly.

Lively hostel, good if you want to meet other people, but quite noisy.

Great, super secure hostel with loads of social space and even its own bar, which is actually frequented by locals. The staff are great. Free breakfast is generous and gets people talking. Good location on a main, busy shopping street near bars and eateries. Free activities are good too!.

Good hostel. Central location, social atmosphere, daily activities, good free breakfast. I was in a room at the back which was clean and quiet but I was told the rooms at the front of the building can be quite noisy. No air con so rooms do get a bit hot in warmer weather.

Over all good hostel, Good breakfast and breakfast area! Also nice that they have dinner specials! Staff at the desk was helpful! We stayed in a 6 bed female dorm and it was one of the smallest room I've stayed in! Pretty crammed and lockers were too small to fit your whole backpack which was a little inconvenient. I like to be able to just throw my backpack in there and lock it up!

Great hostel! Only complaint would be an overly and unnecessarily strict firewall on the WiFi.

Great location. Rooms a little hot but nothing opening the window couldn't fix. Beds and lockers a little old. Over all a decent hostel, with reasnable breakfast and extremely helpfl staff. Would consider staying here again.

Real good hostel, everything you need. Great location for a night out.

Loved it!