SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

1931 Total Reviews

This hostel has some really good things going for it - perfect location, amazing free breakfast, decent bar, nice common area, decent atmosphere, tons of people staying there and lots going on. However, the toilet / shower experience is a bit nasty, and I've stayed in around 50 hostels all over the world and SameSun wins the award for the most uncomfortable mattress I've ever slept on! Hopefully I was just "lucky."

good all round service... breakfast is excellent! Staff need to drop the attitude sometimes.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Good breakfast and lots of activities going on.

I would like to come back I make many friends there my experience there was the best

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Costa Rica

This was a great hostel. Very friend

first experience at the hostels, lots of people to interact with. Kitchen is rather a bit small, the lounge is great. Bathroom is clean and hot water works. Internet is down most of the time (i'm on the third level) so I had to go down and use it in the lounge. Location is great, right on Granville which is the main st. no parking tho, if you have a car, there's a parking right around the corner on nester's 17.00 /night with security which i would gladly take over the comfort inn parking 33$

• 20th Apr 2014

The location is the best. Close to everything. Staffs were so nice, carrying my bag upstairs, being very welcoming and very very helpful. The main problem is that the room I was in, on the 1rst floor, was too small. No space to leave my bag on the floor. Old lockers as well. No electric plugs close to my bed. The toilets were kind of uncomfortable, no hangers to hang my towel close to the sink. But I guess the value was reasonable for what you get.

Hello and thanks for your feedback. All of our beds do have a power bar next to the bed, I'm sorry you didn't find it. We are also looking at getting more hooks and storage in the bathrooms to help our guests out. Glad we could help you out otherwise and thanks for the suggestions! Cheers Pete

Excellent Hostel. Great location (right downtown, surrounded by bars, clubs, and just a couple of blocks from the air train). Room, bathrooms and common area were clean. Would definitely stay here again!

Samesun is a great place to meet people and a pretty central location. Everyone I know that has stayed here has loved it. So did I!

This backpacker was the best place to start my 1-year Working Holiday in Canada. I met a lot of nice and friendly people there, including very helpful and nice staff! Since Samesun is situated right in downtown, all shops, banks, offices and means of public transport are within short walking distance. I also have to praise free breakfast every morning, good internet connection. Moreover, if you feel like having a drink in the evening or making a couple of new friends, this is the best choice

Great location, bar and very helpful staff. The bedding was comfortable and no concerns at all from me

All round great hostel- well done guys. Open mic night was great!

Wifi didn't work in the rooms, however overall a good place to stay while in Vancouver. The pizza place next door is amazing!

Staff were super helpful & friendly. As a 54 year old Aunty travelling with my nephew I could not have been happier with the acceptance by the young crew of my staying there. We had a private room with shared facilities that were kept clean. People respected the requests for quiet after certain times etc... I would recomend this hostel for value, convenience and friendly service.

• 6th Apr 2014

I had an incredible stay in this Hostel. I would 100% recommend it! I stayed in a private double room for two nights and a coed 8 bunk room for another two nights. Both rooms were great (the dorm had lockers) and the facilities were all clean and functional. I will definitely be staying again!

Samesun was a great hostel. It was in a convenient location to major Vancouver attractions. The front desk staff were always friendly and willing to offer advice or provide directions. There were activities organised for most days and nights, days exploring Vancouver and nights in the hostel bar. The bar on site was great, and it provided an easy way for solo travellers to meet people, with daily events and $4.50 meal specials. Security was good and I felt safe and comfortable my whole stay.

Really great hostel with a great location. Facilities on site include a superb bar with a great selection of craft beers and good food - both for taste and those on a budget. Rooms have lockers and individual lamps. Would definitely recommend it!

Good location and nice staff. It's quite at night which is over expectation. Will come back.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • China

I wasn't a fan of the bar staff too much. Aside from that I love this place. This past trip was my second time staying.

• 26th Mar 2014

Great location in Granville Street, within walking distance of everything. Theres a lot of pubs and clubs and great places to eat right beside it. Very clean, both the bedrooms and the bathrooms.

• 23rd Mar 2014