SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Brilliant location and atmosphere. Walking distance to everything and the staff are probably the most useful I've ever met. Definitely would recommend this place

The hostel is very well located in the middle of everything. There is a nice common room, with two computers, but during my stay, both of them were out of use for a whole day, which was rather inconvenient. The cleaning hours of the bathrooms are in the morning and in the evening, which made it quite hard to get ready in the morning, but luckily there were bathrooms on every floor. But I would definitely stay here again!

Hot in the summer

• 1st Aug 2014

This place was fantastic! Being my first experience with a hostel, I felt very comfortable and at home! May my future stays in hostels be this good!

• 31st Jul 2014

Fair price, decent breakfast. Very noisy in bedrooms due to lots of noise in the night. Double glazing with air con could solve this. But overall a comfortable stay. Good laundry facilities.

I have stayed at the Samesun Hostel in Vancouver many times and have never been disappointed. The staff is friendly and go out of their way to help out each backpacker any way they can. The hostel is right in the middle of downtown and is in an excellent central location around many markets, stores, clubs, pubs, restaurants, and other attractions. The hostel has daily activities and a free breakfast. It also includes a fully equipped kitchen, spacious common room, and movie room! I recommend!

nice place. decent backpacker vibe. great location in the heart of van.

Everything was great, really, except the Wi Fi that was often unreachable

• 24th Jul 2014

The wifi was poor and when it did work, it seemed like everyone is the common room was more concerned about facebook than actually socializing (maybe it was just the people). But Otherthan that I loved the samesun! Rooms were a little cramped but really appreciated having my own light and shelf next to my bed! Staff were really cool! AMAZING BREAKFAST

Nice Hostel with a bar in the heart of Vancouver

Had a really good stay thank you. The only negative thing is the colour of the bed sheets. They should be white but instead they are grey so some improvement there please!

• 20th Jul 2014

Fairly good hostel in a good location. Decent breakfast. Cleaning could be better, lots of staff cleaning but it seemed to be every bodies first day so a lot seemed a bit clueless. A lot of the mess was by guests themselves so I guess that's not the hostels fault. Overall pretty good and I would recommend it to stay in Vancouver. Oh, parking is not ideal. You are best off paying about $20 a day to park at the Holiday Inn, unless you want your car broken in to!

Six beds are too many to cram into one small dorm. Four beds would work much better as once everyone brings in their luggage, there's almost no room to move (or breathe) in the dorm.

A bit of street noise in the room, probably inevitable because the location is so GREAT, right in the middle of downtown! Friendly staff & great security.

• 19th Jul 2014

Good place. Free breakfast. Usual issue is not many showers or toilets but I nver had to wait. My private room even had a small fridge. Staff helped caryy luggage. No complaints

Really nice hostel if you feel like meeting new and interesting people from all over the world. Also good if you like a good party or two ;)

Staff were amazingly helpful. The bathrooms were spotless and the bagels for breakfast were delicious. My partner and I would definitely stay again.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Wales

The beaver's great and the common room, too. It took me a week to realize that there's a tv room as well. People seem all very relaxed but the staff's a bit 'cold' sometimes. I'd still come back for sure! Was one of my best weeks.

Best hostel in Vancouver for a great price. I wish the events were a little better to take this hostel from best in Vancouver to one of the best period. Pub crawls would be an easy thing to do. It has a bar but its still one of the least social hostels since its not really a bar for random people to meet. People just end up sitting in the common room and stare at their laptops/tablets/phones. I would still recommend the hostel 100%.

OK place! Good location.