SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

Everything excellent!

The hostel was clean and I felt safe staying there. The staff were amazing. They were extremely helpful.

Great place if you're looking for a central stay in Vancouver! The location is great as they are directly on Granville, so easy access from the Skytrain. The staff is very friendly and includes a few locals, which is fantastic as they know where to go eat, what to do, etc. The guests were very respectful of the quiet time, so it was very easy to go to sleep. The Beaver is awesome. Cheap food, but still very tasty. I loved that they seat you with random people so that you have a chance to meet!

Toilets need monitoring because so few for so many people they're going to end up disgusting. This was the case a number of days during my stay. However reception staff, daily activities and facilities (inc TV room with Netflix) help make this place awesome. Extra special kudos to Florence, Stephanie and the fit guy on the front desk.

It's a good hostel with nice atmosphere !!

Really friendly staff, perfect spot in the city, near the best club ever: THE ROXY!!

• 4th Mar 2014

Great Hostel for little money!

• 3rd Mar 2014

Great location, bar on the bottom floor, large common room for socialising, big kitchen. The hostel has activities planned everyday, as well as a meal offer and a drink offer in the bar downstairs. There is also a number of cheap eateries seconds from the hostel where you can pic up a meal for like $6.. can't argue with that. Location was great with bars on the doorstep, though if you have a room at the front this can be a little too noisy for some people though. All in all great hostel.

Wonderful hostel. Right in the downtown core, easy to get public transit anywhere, the staff were all friendly and helpful, has a wonderful bar/restaurant inside, and the rooms/facilities were perfect. One of the best I've ever experienced.

Awesome place to stay in vancouver. Will stay there every time i visit:) staff are awesome. Activities every night is great for meeting people. Keep getting heaps of emails for a review thou?

This place was fantastic! My brother and I stayed here on during a short trip on the west coast. The rooms and washrooms were clean, staff was friendly, and the security was top notch! On top of that, it's close to several of the major attractions downtown and only a 5 minute walk from the Skytrain. Would recommend this place to anyone!

• 17th Feb 2014

The hostel was fantastic. Everyone there seemed to be great and easy going. The staff was very helpful as I had several questions. Great location but the area's nightlife is poor if you're looking for anything other than nightclubs full of teenagers. Overall, I would stay here again and recommend to other travelers.

The great point about the hostel is the location, it is on the Downtown. Close to almost every atraction in the city, you can take buses to everywhere in one or two blocks . Walking is also a good option if you want to. I can't tell about the dorms, because we booked a private room, it was clean, not shinning but clean. The breakfast is basic, bread, butter, milk, coffe, juice and fruit, it is included. They have cheap food and drinks from 4PM to 2AM. Also they organize activities everyday

Its a good hostel with an incredibly great location. The center of the city. But its basically for teenagers, and there is not a lot of interaction in the hostel. I think it lacks some activities to help in this situation. For example, organizing a pub crawl could be a good idea.

Hello and thanks for the feedback. We offer brewery tours once a week, that's almost like a pub crawl, right? We do go to multiple breweries on it, so I think we earned half a point. =P Cheers Pete

Breakfast is pretty boring. I didn't find the staff very friendly. I felt like as a guest here I was being treated like a child, being told to give in my key before I could cook in the kitchen... very unpleasant feelings created by that rule. I felt like the place was too big and not a great hostel atmosphere. The actual bedrooms are organised well though, with lights and power points on each bed.

Hello, Thanks for the feedback. The reason we take the keys is so that people wash up after themselves and leave the kitchen in good shape for the next guests. This system works quite well for everyone. Just so other readers are aware of what our breakfast is, it's bagels, muffins, toast, fruit salad, coffee, tea and juice. Cheers! Pete

Great place to stay, friendly staff, decent rooms and handy having a bar downstairs!

• 7th Feb 2014

Great hostel. Loved the cheap food and drinks at the bar downstairs. Went on 3 tours with Stephanie which were awesome.

This place was so much fun I didn't want to leave! Perfect location that's within walking distance to everything in this beautiful city. Really good value for money at the Beaver bar with drink and dinner specials. And the daily activities run by Steph are top notch! I was surprised to have this service offered by a hostel, it's great. All the staff here are super cool as well. I'll definitely stay here again, thanks.

I stayed in the Vancouver Samesun Backpackers for one Day and I enjoyed ever single second of it. The staff was super friendly and helped me out with all my questions and their knowledge about the local environment, they even had little texts prepared with descriptions how to get where and how. Like in the other Samesun Hostel I stayed in before the atmosphere was amazing, the hostel itself was very clean due to the busy workers which frequently cleaned the amenities. I'll definetely come back

Guys on the staff are really nice and kind. Thank you for a great experience :)

• 31st Jan 2014