SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

I stayed at many hostels across the world and this one had the best staff, very helpfull bunch. Location could not be any better.

• 6th Feb 2015

Great hostel! Will be staying at there other locations!

I've stayed at the Samesun in Banff and found it the same. Staff were super friendly and keen to give good advice. IT's also a great hostel to meet other travellers.

• 30th Jan 2015

great atmosphere and location! really cool bar in the bottom of the hostel. would stay again

Overall this place has a great atmosphere! I met some really amazing people here! The activities are very well organised and get everyone together. The free breakfast was a really great way to start the day. My only gripe was that the gap between the doors in the bathrooms meant that people walking past could see me doing my business.

Great hostel. Friendly staff. Did well to keep it running and well cleaned with so many people using the hostel. Packed full of Aussies! Great location, right on Granville where the night life is. All the guests seem to have respect for each other, including at night time. Showers each had an individual changing area. Most guests in the lounge area kept themselves to themselves, a few were more social though. I would stay here again

It was my first time in a Hostel in Canada exapte one night in Victoria. I normally stayed via couchsurfing but I would defenetly book again if I am in Vancouver. The staff was all the time friendly and helpful. For an inklusiv breakfast was it very nice. I only stayed during weekdays so I don´t know how noisy it is in weekends but I was very suprised that it was so easy to sleep. Even the homeless people didn´t borthered me, I think in winter its normal in Vancouver.

• 26th Jan 2015

Great location to spend your stay in Vancouver at! Awesome atmosphere - people, who travel alone and do not want to be lonely will be easily able to get in touch with many other guests there!

Advoid this place unless u want to stay in tough area and just get drunk

• 23rd Jan 2015

Hello, Not too sure what you mean about a tough area. We are located right in the center of downtown, across from another hostel as well. Because we are central there are certainly options for drinking, but that also means that you can get anywhere in this amazing city and do anything you want to do quite easily. I recommend doing both, as Vancouver has many amazing sites and places to eat and drink. Cheers and safe travels, Pete

It's ok overall. It is located right on the bar and club street, and of course it is a little bit noisy outside. But if you are the person who likes to have fun at night, this is the right hostel you can choose. Besides, it's quite convenient if you would like to grab some coffee nearby, hit a convenient store or market, and buy some local designed clothes. Just that I think the cleanliness can be better, because it is a little bit dirty around corner somehow.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Taiwan
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I really enjoyed my stay the rooms are great fitted out with powerpoints next to beds, individual fans and reading lamps :) my favorite part was the daily activities where the staff took us on tours of the city, highly reccomend ;)

• 21st Jan 2015

The hostel was way too noisy - thin walls and you could hear the music from downstairs blasting even after the quiet hours. Small showers - barely had room to move, though it was clean. Dorm rooms and storage lockers were spacious, though pretty dirty. The matress I had was old and sunk down in the middle. Staff was friendly and helpful.

The room was Clean except for places you'd normally wouldn't look, like in corners and under the beds. Two of the sheets had stains. The toilets on our floor were closed. Some other guests smoked weed in the dorms. There were to loud Music playing at breakfast, could hardly hear the others talking. One of the lockers in our room had previously been broken open.

Hello and thanks for the feedback. Just to touch on some of your points, we don't allow any smoking in our rooms. The detectors go off very easily if anyone smokes anything. Vancouver does have a bit of a street smell with that stuff though. Our bathrooms are undergoing maintenance in the off season and are 2/3s done now. If you ever feel that anything needs any attention please just ask our front desk and they will assist you. Cheers and safe travels. Pete

The hostel was fine, I wouldn't say there was anything remarkable about it. It is a big hostel, with a lot more guests than most hostels I've been to and because of that I found it harder to get to know people and strike up conversations, however the hostel daily events were good for helping with this. Overall most aspects were just okay, the location is probably the best thing about this place as it's on a main street with lot's to do.

Great location, very easy to meet people. Sean

Alright... well, first of all I think this place made me realize I'm over 30 and not up for hanging out with a bunch of smelly, dread-headed free-love kids anymore (not that I ever was). Let's just put it this way, you'll be getting what you paid for. It's clean for as run down as it is. It's in a sleazy part of town with lots of bums and... adunno, I wish I would have gone for the hotel. But it was cheap, no argument there.

Hello and thanks for the feedback. Sometimes hostels aren't for everyone I guess, although everyone is certainly welcome at ours. We are located on Granville St. which is in the heart of the cities entertainment district, overall a very fun area to be in. Cheers and safe travels, Pete.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »