SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

1987 Total Reviews

Wifi didn't work in the rooms, however overall a good place to stay while in Vancouver. The pizza place next door is amazing!

Spent three months at this hostel so I know a few things or two about the place breakfasts are great, use the free shaw wifi if you need to access the internet because every person in the hostel is sitting in the common area during the day draining the wifi. The hostel is very clean and the staff are friendly. The day excursions are a must if you are just there for a few days too a week it's a really good way of meeting people.

Staff were super helpful & friendly. As a 54 year old Aunty travelling with my nephew I could not have been happier with the acceptance by the young crew of my staying there. We had a private room with shared facilities that were kept clean. People respected the requests for quiet after certain times etc... I would recomend this hostel for value, convenience and friendly service.

• 6th Apr 2014

I had an incredible stay in this Hostel. I would 100% recommend it! I stayed in a private double room for two nights and a coed 8 bunk room for another two nights. Both rooms were great (the dorm had lockers) and the facilities were all clean and functional. I will definitely be staying again!

Samesun was a great hostel. It was in a convenient location to major Vancouver attractions. The front desk staff were always friendly and willing to offer advice or provide directions. There were activities organised for most days and nights, days exploring Vancouver and nights in the hostel bar. The bar on site was great, and it provided an easy way for solo travellers to meet people, with daily events and $4.50 meal specials. Security was good and I felt safe and comfortable my whole stay.

Really great hostel with a great location. Facilities on site include a superb bar with a great selection of craft beers and good food - both for taste and those on a budget. Rooms have lockers and individual lamps. Would definitely recommend it!

Good location and nice staff. It's quite at night which is over expectation. Will come back.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • China

I wasn't a fan of the bar staff too much. Aside from that I love this place. This past trip was my second time staying.

• 26th Mar 2014

Great location in Granville Street, within walking distance of everything. Theres a lot of pubs and clubs and great places to eat right beside it. Very clean, both the bedrooms and the bathrooms.

• 23rd Mar 2014