SameSun Backpacker Lodge - Vancouver Reviews

1018 Granville St, Vancouver, Canada

2012 Total Reviews

first experience at the hostels, lots of people to interact with. Kitchen is rather a bit small, the lounge is great. Bathroom is clean and hot water works. Internet is down most of the time (i'm on the third level) so I had to go down and use it in the lounge. Location is great, right on Granville which is the main st. no parking tho, if you have a car, there's a parking right around the corner on nester's 17.00 /night with security which i would gladly take over the comfort inn parking 33$

• 20th Apr 2014

The location is the best. Close to everything. Staffs were so nice, carrying my bag upstairs, being very welcoming and very very helpful. The main problem is that the room I was in, on the 1rst floor, was too small. No space to leave my bag on the floor. Old lockers as well. No electric plugs close to my bed. The toilets were kind of uncomfortable, no hangers to hang my towel close to the sink. But I guess the value was reasonable for what you get.

Hello and thanks for your feedback. All of our beds do have a power bar next to the bed, I'm sorry you didn't find it. We are also looking at getting more hooks and storage in the bathrooms to help our guests out. Glad we could help you out otherwise and thanks for the suggestions! Cheers Pete

Excellent Hostel. Great location (right downtown, surrounded by bars, clubs, and just a couple of blocks from the air train). Room, bathrooms and common area were clean. Would definitely stay here again!

Samesun is a great place to meet people and a pretty central location. Everyone I know that has stayed here has loved it. So did I!

This backpacker was the best place to start my 1-year Working Holiday in Canada. I met a lot of nice and friendly people there, including very helpful and nice staff! Since Samesun is situated right in downtown, all shops, banks, offices and means of public transport are within short walking distance. I also have to praise free breakfast every morning, good internet connection. Moreover, if you feel like having a drink in the evening or making a couple of new friends, this is the best choice

Great location, bar and very helpful staff. The bedding was comfortable and no concerns at all from me

All round great hostel- well done guys. Open mic night was great!

Wifi didn't work in the rooms, however overall a good place to stay while in Vancouver. The pizza place next door is amazing!

Spent three months at this hostel so I know a few things or two about the place breakfasts are great, use the free shaw wifi if you need to access the internet because every person in the hostel is sitting in the common area during the day draining the wifi. The hostel is very clean and the staff are friendly. The day excursions are a must if you are just there for a few days too a week it's a really good way of meeting people.

Staff were super helpful & friendly. As a 54 year old Aunty travelling with my nephew I could not have been happier with the acceptance by the young crew of my staying there. We had a private room with shared facilities that were kept clean. People respected the requests for quiet after certain times etc... I would recomend this hostel for value, convenience and friendly service.

• 6th Apr 2014

I had an incredible stay in this Hostel. I would 100% recommend it! I stayed in a private double room for two nights and a coed 8 bunk room for another two nights. Both rooms were great (the dorm had lockers) and the facilities were all clean and functional. I will definitely be staying again!

Samesun was a great hostel. It was in a convenient location to major Vancouver attractions. The front desk staff were always friendly and willing to offer advice or provide directions. There were activities organised for most days and nights, days exploring Vancouver and nights in the hostel bar. The bar on site was great, and it provided an easy way for solo travellers to meet people, with daily events and $4.50 meal specials. Security was good and I felt safe and comfortable my whole stay.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »