Samesun Backpackers Banff Reviews

433 Banff Avenue, Banff, Canada

I really loved this hostel! The staff was amazing and our room was really good! It was really hot in the hostel, especially in our room and there was some mold in the shower. Instead of that, we had a great time and we slept well!

The dorm room doors don't lock automatically, so we found that our dorm room was always unlocked because other guests wouldn't lock it on their way out. That was the only issue we found in regards to security. So you want to definitely use the lockers provided. Great cheap food and booze in the bar, breakfast is decent too considering it's free. Location is perfect. We walked everywhere. Was nice having a place to park the car during our stay.

Really friendly staff. Really clean. Great breakfast & bar. They're doing everything right.

I stayed here for a few days while visiting Banff. Samesun is a great hostel about a 5 minute walk from downtown. Buses to the ski fields, hot springs and gondola are all within easy reach. The staff are fantastic! Especially Jess on desk who checked me in! She helped out with every little query and had great recommendations on the trails around the river. The Beaver Bar is a great place to meet other travellers and Jay and Emily were brilliant! Can't recommend this hostel enough!

Nice place!

Nice place!

I would highly recommend this hostel if you are in Banff. I loved the general atmosphere which was helped by the cool common areas and the organized activities in the bar at night were great.

• 6th Jan 2015

Good staff, good location, good bar and rooms were still quiet. The only issue was that the lock to my room door didn't work properly and couldn't lock stuff or I'd lock us out. I didn't see theft as an issue in this place mind u. l missed a dinner Reno due to not being able to get clothes n stuff as I was locked out of my room which sucked. Guy working was super nice about it tho and tried what he could to get the lock to work.

I stayed in the 6 bed female dorm. Lovely spacious room with gas fire place,

My first time at a hostel and this place definitely exceeded my expectations! Staff are awesome and the bar made it so easy to meet people!

• 11th Dec 2014

This place was clean, spacious and the staff were awesome! I had such a great time at the bar (the beaver). Delicious food and great drink specials.

the place and the atmosphere wwere really cool, but the staff didn't know much about Banff, cause they were all foreigners

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Chile

Too many long terms making the room over messy. If you're a party person, this is definitely a place. Since the room's door is not auto-locked, no one locks it manually, so there just can be anyone bumping into your room. Pancake for breakfast is very nice.

Only stayed the one night and did not spend much time there but seamed as though there where a few things set up by the staff each day and bar all though very small looked ok. A little walk from all the shops, bars and restaurants and tours companies..

Could have cereal with the breakfast. I don't eat porridge Perhaps provide free tea and coffee facilities all day as they do at samesun in vancouver

Awesome place! Staff are fantastic and helpful. Breakfast was great and the Bar at night is way too much fun!

What a sweeeeeet hostel!! Perfect location, the staff were extremely helpful and the Beaver Bar was awesome and incredibly cheap. Rooms were clean and the atmosphere in general was just great. Definitely recommend this place!

Bloody good! Helpful staff and 3.50 pints!

Great location, good atmosphere and 3.50 pints!

I had a great time at Same sun! Loved the atmosphere of the place and great prices. Will definitely come back!

• 13th Oct 2014