Samesun Backpackers Banff Reviews

433 Banff Avenue, Banff, Canada

Really friendly and approachable staff (especially the Australian gentlemen). Great atmosphere. Parking across the street. Good location - very close to the shops. Free breakfast (toast, juice, oatmeal, muffin, coffee, etc...). A little expensive (consider location though). My only qualms where that the place was a bit weathered, the room stifling until am, and poor wi-fi connection. But don't let that deter you if your looking at options for backpackers in Banff. Still a good place.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

The hostel was really clean and that was my biggest concern before getting there. It has lockers so I would highly recommend taking a lock although I didn't lose anything. I however was not Ok with the mattress since it was sinking in a lot and gave me terrible back issues.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • India

Friendly and very helpful staff. Great location in Banff and a wonderful place to unwind after nearly a week in the backcountry.

Stayed here for 3 nights over Canada Day and had an awesome time! Met some really cool people in the Beaver Bar and the drink specials were great. The spa baths in the ensuites need a better clean/replacing though. The rooms were clean otherwise.

It was good. Atmosphere is good. In first stair, i can enjoy brinking beer or cacktail, and everyday i could participate in some activities.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Perfect location. The lockers should be larger. Nice breakfast and bar.

Good location on Banff Avenue, close to everything. Front desk staff are knowledgeable and friendly. The dorms are clean and spacious. The rooms and the bathrooms are cleaned daily. The mattresses are super comfy and a bit bigger than what you have come to expect from a hostel. The all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast hits the spot every morning. Hit-or-miss wifi, though. All in all, a good hostel in the heart of Banff!

Much more like a converted Inn / Hotel in layout than a hostel (just with lots of beds!). En suite bathrooms and showers are excellent! The staff were super friendly on multiple occasions & went out of their way to help me with directions & things to do! While I did book a mixed dorm, as a 22 y/o female I didn't appreciate being put in a dorm with a man of 50+ for two nights, and then after he left a man that seemed well over 60. I think a age restriction on dorm rooms are always appreciated!

Good hostel but nowhere near the level of Samesun Vancouver. Breakfast could be better and found the communal areas a bit small - especially the kitchen. Rooms were spacious and clean.

I very well may be too old for this hostel. The bar was very noisy at night and it's close to the rooms. Hostel was very clean and bed comfortable. Need automatic locks on doors as dorm room never locked and neither was window/door to outside however lockers in room good size.

Good hostel, can't go wrong with location in Banff since it's so small and the wee bar downstairs was a good laugh. Friendly staff and decent breakfast.

Had a private room which was outstanding. Spacious, clean, comfortable beds and a good view. Staff were very helpful and polite, free breakfast was great as well!

• 30th May 2015

Had a fantastic stay. Would definietly recommend staying at Samsun

stayed at samesun plenty of times and always have a good experience. Facilitates are basic but clean and perfect for meeting lots of likeminded travellers :) thanks!

I liked the on-site bar and the location is phenomenal. My blanket didn't smell very clean, and the door to our room was basically unlocked at all times. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Jess at the front desk was Stellar! I enjoyed the international aspect of both the employees and the guests. Although the mattresses were relatively new, and the sheets were comfortable, the sheets did not stay on the mattress well. I would have preferred to use the sheets that I travel with. This would be the only negative I encountered throughout my entire stay!

• 20th May 2015

It was not the place for me. I am an early riser and although we signed an agreement about being quiet after 11, it wasn't enforced. The people on our room were great but the others on the floor were full on shaking people's bunks and telling up and down the hall. And the common room smelt strongly of day old beer. The little bar was great and although I didn't eat there it smelt delicious. Is this a bad place... No Just not the place for me.

Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel, your feedback means a lot to us here at the Samesun. I am sorry that people were not obeying our 11pm-7am Quiet hours policy during your stay, had we known about the problem we would of most definitely taken action to ensure those guests remain quiet during the night - we understand sleep is important!. I will be bringing this issue up with our night desk staff to ensure this doesn't happen in the future Regards Luke Samesun Team

Had a great time!

Great hostel staff very helpful breakfast one of the best i have had will recomend it for sure

Great hostel with a great atmosphere. Bar activities are fun and the staff were great. Only a short walk from downtown Banff and close to transport. Clean, large dorm rooms with private en suites - pretty neat. Will stay again.