Samesun Backpackers Banff Reviews

433 Banff Avenue, Banff, Canada

On my arrival in Banff, after a long and draining coach journey, my companion and I made our way to the hostel. The weather outside was cool, but sunny and welcoming. Upon arriving in the lobby of Samesun, I was surprised to be greeted by a member of staff with a disposition directly mirroring that of the weather - something I found was applicable to all the staff members I came across. The hostel had a superb atmosphere and evening events ensured we were never bored! Highly recommended!

• 1st Feb 2016

Great hostel. Good location. Cheap drinks in the bar and the food is decent too!

• 23rd Jan 2016

Just stay here and see how good it is for yourself.

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Met a great crew of people at Samesun. All the staff are easy going and beaver bar keeps you entertained.

Awesome place to stay. The beaver bar is a great place to meet people. Cheap drinks and meals. Staff were awesome. Rooms are massive, could do with better lighting and wifi but who cares. Would highly recommend staying there

Loved staying at Samesun - the people were really friendly and the hostel activities were great - I felt comfortable and at home the whole time!

Limited parking. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Seemed like a nice place. Got to the room and it was beyond disgusting. The bathroom didn't look like it had ever been cleaned. Light in the room did not work. Nowhere to hang items. For 50$ each the 5 bed dorm was actually several rooms attached together all sharing the same bathroom. We went back down and asked for our money back. Again staff were friendly and accommodated our request. We went to a hotel.

• 1st Jan 2016

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. For those reading, our 5 bed dorm is listed as having a shared washroom. If you are after a bit more space we suggest booking into one of our other dorms with en-suites. Apologies that the hostel did not meet your expectations, but happy to hear the staff were accommodating. I will be passing your feedback onto our Housekeeping managers. Regards, Hannah @ Samesun

wifi was average, breakfast was reasonable - no cereal options, but there was pancakes and toast

Thanks for the review. For those reading our free breakfast includes make your own pancakes, toast and a range of spreads, hard boiled eggs, fresh oranges and bananas, homemade muffins, juice, a range of teas and coffee. We are in the process of upgrading our wifi and hope to have this running more smoothly asap. We hope you enjoyed your time in Banff. Cheers, Hannah and the Samesun Banff Team.

Great atmosphere, bar, food & activities on offer. A great base for a snow holiday in the mountains.

Too much drinking and partying in the dorms. More effort could be made on keeping the rules of no drinking in dorms and especially not partying in the dorms after 2300. Although it is holiday season many are there to go skiing or boarding and hence rising early.

Thank you for your review. We do heavily enforce quiet hours from 11pm - 7am, so we do apologize that you were disturbed during your stay. I will be passing this feedback onto our Night Security Team. Cheers, Hannah @ Samesun

I thought the hostel was good. The staff were excellent. The Rooms are a bit strange the way they are set up. I was in one of the corner rooms. The room I stayed in had 9 beds, females and males. This room led to another room with more beds so people were walking through my room quite a bit. One toilet and one shower was shared with 3 rooms. About a 15 minute walk to the greyhound station. Transportation to the slopes pick you up right outside of the hostel. All in all, I had good time.

Experience below average. Very low cleanliness of sheets (!!!) and too loudy enviroment during the night we have been waken up by a drunken guy working in the hostel!!!

Thank you for your review. I will be passing this feedback onto our Night Security and Housekeeping teams. We hope you got to take advantage of the free breakfast and activities we provide and enjoyed your stay in Banff National Park nevertheless. Regards, Hannah @ Samesun

Luke, one of the staff who worked during the days while we were there, was an especially helpful and welcome presence.

• 14th Dec 2015

I wandered over to Banff for 3 nights on my own. I had a great time at this hostel. Each dorm has its own shower, toilet and sink. For bunks the beds were actually very comfy. The atmosphere was very relax and the people/staff were helpful and outgoing. First come first serve parking underground (10 spots), parking on road if full. The Beaver Bar on site is fun and has cheap drinks. Kitchen for cooking your own food is well equipped. Will 100% stay again and recommend to friends/groups travellin

• 13th Dec 2015

This is my favorite place to stay in Banff!

Fun place

• 3rd Dec 2015

Noise, noise, noise ! Difficult to sleep. Good place if youre student but not for a backpacker. And some guest disrespectful. This is pity because the staff are good and the hostel location is perfect.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Thanks for leaving us some feedback. Apologies you were disturbed at night, we do strictly enforce quiet hours after 11pm and I will be passing this feedback onto our new night security team. For those reading, we do have an onsite bar which is bustling with backpackers most nights, and our common rooms always play host to excited travelers from around the world getting to know each other. We pride ourselves on being the #1 place in Banff for backpackers and especially those travelling solo!

Great atmosphere and comfy bed very good stay would definitely come back and recommend to friends

This hostel is great. Good breakfast and very good atmosphere, great for meeting people. Awesome central location and friendly staff.

Stayed here for two nights, everyone was extremely helpful and nice that worked there. Nice rooms and common areas. People staying and traveling through were also great, always had a nice crowd to hang out with. Keys get shares a bit so not everything is just for the hostel members, which I heard bothered a couple other people who were staying there:

• 7th Nov 2015