Samesun Backpackers Banff Reviews

433 Banff Avenue, Banff, Alberta, Canada

Nice place to stay with big rooms and a bar that serves food, only downfall was at check out they wouldn't refund my deposit as they said I paid by credit card and they just held the money as pending even though I paid by direct debit and money has still been taken out .not good way to end,

Hi thanks for the feedback. As I discussed in the email I sent you the deposit you did not get refunded is the booking deposit that Hostelworld takes. This is separate from your key deposit which you did not get charged. Apologies for the confusion. Cheers, Gareth

rooms are very spacious. Wicked crew

• 23rd Mar 2014

Good atmosphere. Easy to meet new people thanks to the events at The Beaver (Bingo, Games, etc.)

Absolutely loved this hostel! This was my first hostel, I am a Canadian and I figured I would try out a hostel during my vacation in Banff. You cannot beat the value you get at Samesun! The rooms were comfy, ensuite was clean and convenient, fireplace was an added bonus. Also, being a solo traveller, I felt it was an awesome place to meet people to ski and party with! The Beaver was an awesome place to start the night and the dinner specials were delicious! Kitchen was also great! Loved it

Could not fault Banff Samesun what so ever! I've had the best 10 days ever! So friendly and welcoming! Will definitely will be returning, sooner rather than later! So much love!

• 9th Mar 2014

Great hostel. I wish the price was cheaper haha but still, its the cheapest place to stay in Banff. The atmosphere is awsome! I would recomend this hostel

Like the other Samesun Backpackers I'Ve been to before the one in Banff convinced me with a stunning atmosphere and a kindness you dont experience very often. The Staff helped me out a lot and tried to make my stay as nice as possible. Even though there was always something going on, the floors themselves were very quiet. The hostel itself was very clean and tidy, I got way more for my money than what I usually got in other hostels. I would definetely recommend this hostel to my friends.

Great hostel ! Spent a few days there and I highly recommend it. The hostel is clean, 2 minutes from downtown and 15 sec from the bus going to the ski resort. But the best is the staff and the atmosphere. I had a really good time at the beaver (the bar in the hostel).

• 5th Feb 2014

A great hostel! Perfect location for skiing day trips and fun things are always happening in the Beaver bar, so it's really easy to meet people. Staff are great and friendly too!

thank you i had such a great stay your staff were very helpfully ... an your breakfast was service was great !! thank you !

Can't say enough good things about this hostel! The staff are awesome, the Beaver Bar is tons of fun and you can't beat the location. I had a blast hitting the slopes in Banff! Thanks SameSun for making my stay so awesome!

I didn't actually stay at the hostel for the night as I missed my bus to Banff. When I got there the staff still let me have access to their common area and storage for the day as I waited for my bus to Fernie. A great help. I have stayed here previously so I can say the rooms are huge and I love the ensuite bathrooms. Close to downtown without being amongst the hustle bustle the town gets during summer. Plenty of night-time activities to keep the cheap boozers happy.

party place.

Cracker of a free breakfast - the only thing missing was bacon. All the rooms are huge and all have an ensuite bathroom. Despite having a bar downstairs, people can still drink in the common areas. The wifi was a bit patchy at times. But kudos to the staff, they were always helpful and could answer any questions about the town.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Banff as well as at the Samesun. The staff are super friendly and want to help you in any way that they can. The rooms and bathrooms are kept tidy and the staff get right on it if there are any issues. "the Beaver" bar in the hostel is excellent, with little events in the bar most nights and also cheap food and drinks. The food is great and specials change daily.

I really enjoy metteing people there.

• 20th Dec 2013

Good location, 10min walk to shops/bars. Spacious rooms are well kept and have good heating (mattresses are just thin foam though). Just enough space in the kitchen/dining area during meal times. There's usually people in there having pre-drinks from about 7/8pm; great for finding people to go out with. The bar downstairs is small, but handy if you don't feel like venturing out into the cold. And best of all there is a buck hunter machine in the lounge (though it's not free).

This hostel was so much fun! I moved here after staying at the HI, which is located a fair way out of town, plus the Samesun's long-term deal really saved me some money . It has a really fun little bar attached to hostel, which was buzzing every night I was there. The staff were super friendly and were very helpful with stuff to do and local tips. Rooms and amenities were up to standard, plus the room had its own bathroom attached which was super convenient. Definitely recommend!

Awesome hostel. I travel by myself and all the staff and guests made me feel really comfortable straightaway, great atmosphere! Got myself a cheap meal and a cheap beer in the bar and the good times started there!! I stayed in an 8 bed dorm which was really spacious and the bathroom was in the room which I really liked. No midnight corridor strolls trying to find communal bathrooms! I know where I'll be staying when I come back to Banff

• 11th Nov 2013

Pros: good size bedroom for 6 people and the fireplace was a bonus. Cons: wifi is very unreliable and from conversations had with other guests, this is a regular thing . Lastly, the beds aren't very comfortable, you can feel the springs when you lay down. Overall though, it's a pretty good hostel.

Sorry the internet was a problem for you, we have had a few issues with the wifi lately however it is all fixed now and should be a lot more reliable. We do understand that wifi is very important for travellers nowadays but some of the best nights people have in a hostel are when they put their devices away and get involved!!