Samesun Backpackers Banff Reviews

433 Banff Avenue, Banff, Canada

Second time staying here - great place, I'd 100% come again! If you're travelling alone you'll make a ton of friends at the Beaver Bar downstairs. Always events on to meet people and the free breakfast is amazing!

Beds were comfy, breakfast was great. We stayed in a dorm, and only issue really is that the bathroom shared between us wasn't very clean, bath mat and shower curtain could do with a change. Although the shower is really good, high pressure. We stayed over the weekend, very loud in the corridors until gone midnight, which we didn't mind as expected but very tired from our trip before. Wouldn't really say this was a travellers backpackers, only for those who want to work and drink.

A little bit expensive for a hostel but is well worth it! Amazing atmosphere & the breakfast is amazing. Free activities to do every day & drink specials every night

Amazing staff! Beaver bar is fun too. Rooms are cozy and clean. Beds are soooo comfy and bedding is clean. Common areas are cozy. Great location! The only but: one reception guy told me it was ok to come hang in the living room before my bus ride (after I checked out), so left my luggage and came back for a nap later and new reception guy didn't let me in. I just needed to nap :( considering I was homeless for the rest of the day lol This is my fave hostel though :)

Very good breakfast and nice team. WIFI was slow sometimes.

Great people. Great hostel! Would highly reccommend

• 13th Oct 2015

Had a great time. Easy to meet people as there is a bar in the hostel! Activities were cool and rooms were clean

• 13th Oct 2015

Great location. Staff was very friendly. The bar got loud downstairs but you couldn't hear it really and we were right above it.

Good hostel, nice bar and cheap food. Near town. The staff were helpful. Downsides were the Internet didn't work at all and there was just one shower in for 8 girls in the female dorm. But overall I had s nice stay here.

Cyrus was awesome on front desk...had a great time with the activities - great trivia and awesome tunes at the jam night! Stayed in both dorm and private. Dorms were spacious and the privat bed was sooo comfortable! Totally staying here again!!!

The commom room is quite dark.

Great location with just an easy walk to the town centre. Rooms were clean and the facilities were also good.

I just loved it, everybody is so friendly and Monday live music is awesome!

• 8th Sep 2015

Wonderful hostel with super friendly staff! Massive rooms with lots of storage space and nice big bathrooms. The Beaver bar offers lots of great priced meals and what seems to be a Samesun favour - Agwa Bombs (just try it!) In a great location with lots of street parking and a private underground car park and in walking distance to the town centre. Would definitely stay here. Samesuns are definitely one of my favourite hostel chains now, having stayed at most of them!

The best hostel in Banff with a great staff.

Great hostel with a great atmosphere. Great bar with daily food and drink deals. Would stay here again.

One of the best options in BANFF, the atmosphere at the bar is great!! i would definitely go back to Samesun..

We thought the food was cheap, great quality and big servings - just what a hungry backpacking hiker needs

• 20th Aug 2015

Bathrooms were slightly dirty looking but that might just be because they need updating - the shower curtain was so gross. Wifi was terrible, what's the point in offering it if it hardly works. However very good location and breakfast was brilliant and your staff were always there to help if needed.

Hi There, Thankyou for your feedback we have passed your comment about the shower curtain onto our housekeeping manager. You will be happy to know that we have since renovated all the showers so they are looking much nicer now :)

Spacious room with fan. The Beaver Bar is a nice place to have breakfast in the morning and to drink a beer at happy hour. Good breakfast with fruit, muphins, toasted bread and pancakes. I really enjoyed my stay!